So is anyone enthusiastic about the live-action Aladdin? Anyone at all?

So is anyone enthusiastic about the live-action Aladdin? Anyone at all?

Attached: aladdin-prince-ali-will-smith-1170981-1280x0.jpg (1280x673, 160K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/BRQMvlQA-Ac
youtube.com/watch?v=ceSt3bYwP0A
youtube.com/watch?v=S-LltgOtFSg
youtube.com/watch?v=l_MyUGq7pgs
youtube.com/watch?v=FpT94oylSaU
youtube.com/watch?v=xGN8oZB6sFE
youtube.com/watch?v=h6hZkvrFIj0
youtube.com/watch?v=RV1dBVZ6LP8
youtube.com/watch?v=-XiooG_Zrmc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

No, but it'll still make a billion probably. Gotta launder that money.

this

Attached: it's sad but true.gif (498x276, 681K)

How much did the other live action remakes make? They never came near a billion did they?

Not really no. Sadly this. The magic is literally fucking gone from what we've seen. That Prince Ali number was a joke

Attached: Genie Applause.gif (500x301, 421K)

Beauty and the Beast made like 1.2 billion
Jungle Book 0.9 so very close too

Good lord. Fair enough I guess.

And dumbo made $344 million

there's no emotion to it. everything feels depressed, especially some of the actors.

ouch that's a pretty big flop

youtu.be/BRQMvlQA-Ac

>Disney-tier budget
>Set pieces look like some broadway shit at best
>The CGI looks a decade old
>One of the biggest disney songs that's supposed to be this absolutely fucking massive parade has like two dozen extras
This really is a money laundering scheme, isn't it?

Attached: 1427873542865.gif (368x270, 2.5M)

The thing that really gets me with the Prince Ali number is that instead of properly transitioning between the sections of the parade they just cut to people reacting to it or Aladdin.

Also the fact that Massoud has no natural confidence and is just awkwardly waving while sitting down on the elephant instead of posing and eating up the attention.

Got I hate he treats most of the Musical Numbers like his fucking Hip Hop music Videos from the 90's, I never thought I would come to hate Prince Ali song so much because of a Hip Hop Beat.

Jesus! you weren't kidding.

youtube.com/watch?v=ceSt3bYwP0A

Attached: Angry_yani.jpg (647x485, 39K)

>Sunday Salaam changed to Friday Salaam
Oh no Allah forbid that we leave one cheeky reference to the immediately recognizable concept of "Sunday Best" no no it's not enough that this movie is a 2 hour Muslim propaganda we must eliminate all references to Christianity even if they're indirect and comedic, we can't offend the new masters of the country

>Original Prince Ali has Genie promoting Aladdin to the citizenry ahead of the parade while preparing the market for his arrival
>Remake citizenry has Genie be the Themesong Guy from Emperor's New Groove...but without Kuzco to carry the scene

Attached: kuzco.png (1440x1080, 479K)

Even worse is that Aladdin seems completely uncomfortable with the entire thing. This whole fucking thing is supposed to be his idea but he seems like he barely wants any part of it

Why do these live action films look like shit? Did they put all their budgets in will smith or something

Good chance they wrote out "he has slaves, he has servants, and flunkies" too

Shouldn't you be bitching about the change to Arabian Nights the original movie made?

And salaam isn't fucking clothing. It's not a reference to Sunday Best. It's a fucking greeting. A greeting you can say LITERALLY ANY DAY OF THE WEEK so quite frankly it doesn't make sense in either song version.

Goddamn, why have Will Smith attempt to sing a song with such an involved melody? And those camera angles suck.

If they absolutely needed to get Will Smith they should've tried to do a hip hop version of it or something. It would've been stupid but at least it would play to Will Smith's strength- he's a rapper, not a singer. Even he seems to recognize it because he doesn't sound at all confident.

Anyone else getting that Disney Channel Movie vibe? I'm also kind of pissed about how they skimped out on Genie's magic during the parade

>I'm also kind of pissed about how they skimped out on Genie's magic during the parade
It looks like they sunk all the budget into Friend Like Me and maybe the climax.

See its not the amount of people its the emotion. You can feel it there.

It's about time we dusted off this old classic

Attached: prince op 2019.jpg (960x505, 323K)

Now that is what I'm talking about he is not attempting to be Robin Williams he is being himself and playing to his Musical strength, Should have made it the same for Will Smith, he should have Fresh Prince it and gotten Jiggy with it.

How much does a few scenes and musical numbers even cost this has at least a 100mil right?

What the hell is with the hench bitch making money gestures?

Also who fucked up the composition. Jafar should be behind the sultan not barely in frame.

This just looks like Bollywood. That's just the costumes, right?

Guy Ritchie is the director. That gives me a little hope.

Beyond that, not really.

Attached: 220px-GuyRitchiebyKathyHutchins.jpg (220x295, 19K)

No. no one

Soulless.

We've seen a few seconds of Friend Like Me so clearly they can be more creative than this.

This. Theater is a lot more limited in what it can do compared to movies, props and sets imply more than present, and it's up to the performers to make it come alive. The production has only a few dancers and doesn't even have any props for half the shit he's mentioning, but Iglehart knocks it out of the park and you believe every word he says about Prince Ali. Iglehart sounds so fucking hyped to have you meet Ali Ababwa. Smith sounds like he's being forced to sing.

The whole point of the song is the Genie selling you on the prince. I want to meet the guy Iglehart is singing about. I don't give a shit about the guy Smith is trying to introduce.

I don’t know who this guy Ritchie is, but seeing how he chose to do this movie I hate him already

Disney must have tied his hands this looks very television production

>modern Guy Ritchie
>directing anything of substance
He's old user, his entire style has faded and all he's good for is as a guy who knows how to keep a set moving.

>This just looks like Bollywood.
Yet a basic 2000s Bollywood musical had more happening than that clip
youtube.com/watch?v=S-LltgOtFSg

This shits not even on the Level of Bollywood.

youtube.com/watch?v=l_MyUGq7pgs

Man real life actors are so stiff and physically awkward bellow the neck when they're not stunt doubles or CGI.

I'm not big on broadway and I confess I don't like most of this version.

However, it did make me picture the entire song as done by Tigger, and that I thoroughly enjoyed in my head.

Attached: Pooh+baseball+comp+im+gonna+try+and+beat+dark+souls_7b2b69_6163496.jpg (900x638, 243K)

wrong board friend :)
no comics or cartoons there haha lol :)

B A I T
A
I
T

The Broadway version > this live action.

youtube.com/watch?v=FpT94oylSaU

youtube.com/watch?v=xGN8oZB6sFE

Although admittedly I like what we've heard of Jasmine's new song, even if it doesn't fit in musically with the rest of the songs.

youtube.com/watch?v=h6hZkvrFIj0

Attached: LSa2SB.jpg (182x268, 15K)

This Further makes me hate what little we've seen in Will Smiths performance. The Broadway guys got so Much passion.

My theory is that they're trying to renew their IP rights as fast as possible.

I dread how lifeless that introduction song will be for the movie.

Wasn't Will Smith a singer? What happened, did he go deaf in one ear or something?

>The Broadway guys got so Much passion.

oh for sure.

He won a Tony Award for his performance and I'm not exaggerating when I say his performance as Genie saved Aladdin from becoming a flop like Disney's last few attempts at Broadway, Tarzan and The Little Mermaid, had been. Aladdin was on track to royally fail after it got dismal reviews in Toronto tryouts, but during the time between Toronto and opening for Broadway previews, they reworked the show to feature more Genie aka the one element of the show that even the negative critics agreed was its saving grace. Opening night had a standing ovation for Friend Like Me, and his hype (plus the additional hype from his Tony win, the only win for the show) made it a mainstay on Broadway.

>even if it doesn't fit in musically with the rest of the songs.
Neither does A Whole New World, even in the original

>a bunch of big band, swing, and showtune numbers
>and here's a pop duet
It's like Trashin' The Camp in Tarzan. A lot of Disney films keep a relatively consistent theme through most of them and then have a couple random out of place song. Hercules had 2 and half with One Last Hope and I Can Go the Distance with I Won't Say (I'm In Love) barely having any gospel to it, swapping it for doo-wop.

Hey he made a honest and solid moment in memory of Robin Williams.

Guy knows what matters.

I'm bummed A Million Miles Away won't be in the live action. Maybe it's for the best.

youtube.com/watch?v=RV1dBVZ6LP8

the hand-hold at the end.. ahhh too goddamn cute

youtube.com/watch?v=-XiooG_Zrmc

whats a god to a non believer.

Hell I’ve seen the show on Broadway and it’s production aesthetic is about 10x better than this...and they are confined to a stage.

I haven't felt anything other than mild disappointment and apathy.

Attached: [Big Willie Style].jpg (1686x936, 143K)

If it's not money laundering, the only other guess I can muster is that it's a test to see how much they can get away with in regards to how little effort they can put into a production.

We're talking Blumhouse levels of effort here. Cannon Films levels of quality. If Disney can make one billion from one hundred million, then expect them to never quit.

>So is anyone enthusiastic about the live-action Aladdin?
I have no enthusiasm about ANY of Disney's LA movies. Mulan sounds like it will be nothing like the animated movie and I fear what Lilo and Stitch will look like.

>Cannon Films levels of quality

I have to disagree. Actors in Cannon Films fully fucking committed to that shit. Billy Barty didn't give the performance of lifetime as Rumpelstiltskin to be compared to a wooden Will Smith.

Attached: rumpelstiltskin-usa-1985-aka-rumpelstilzchen-regie-david-irving-darsteller-ENNJY4.jpg (1300x1126, 179K)

the amount of people trying to defend Will Smith's soulless performance makes me confident that this movie will make a billion.

Normies on facebook seems to be loving it. Same with dumbo. :/

I do like how his hat explodes into glitter.

Nope, that clip killed any interest, good or otherwise that I had in it.

i am sure a lot of families are. Its still a musical I hope, and will smith is a great actor and handsome dude by many female standards, and a fun guy for men to relate too.

Dunno what the actual budget is, but given that ILM would have also been working on the Avengers films, Bumblebee, Aquaman, Captain Marvel and still has the upcoming Star Wars and Terminator films and Far From Home (and supposedly Sonic the Hedgehog, but I somehow doubt that). It's likely they either put it as a low priority film, were too overworks and gave it to whoever was free, or simply just didn't give a shit. And I fully feel the last of those was in play.

Proud to work with him,
bow to his whim,
love serving him,
they're just lousy with loyalty.

*overworked

Goddamn you user, I wasn't prepared to feel this late.

Attached: 1519508476555.gif (253x236, 2.78M)