Why was this cartoon so good ?

Why was this cartoon so good ?

Attached: Looney Tunes Show.jpg (750x600, 177K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=24PQ1_sMzLM
youtube.com/watch?v=R2HM8fbuK9U
youtube.com/watch?v=UJtOIfLNTfc
youtube.com/watch?v=QNDCruGOBgk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

It came at exactly the right time. Warner was experimenting with the Looney formula a bit, Cartoon Network was aiming for a more mature audience, the internet and network didn't enter the safe-space era yet. It provided a PG show which could actually entertain and had less restrictions on it
I'd be hard pressed to find a show that could pull off stuff like pic related

Attached: vl.png (720x404, 182K)

it reminds me of seinfield a lot, i love seinfield

The first season wasn't that great (sans the animated shorts like Daffy the Wizard), but it really found it's footing during the second and became quite a good time. Went from a sitcom with Looney Toons stand-ins to something just a little bit more.
Wabbit was shit and I'm hoping that New Looney Toons will be good.

Daffy was incredibly based and red pilled.

Daffy and Lola are the only good things about the show.

And Maya

Attached: Maya.png (531x661, 374K)

It was experimenting and unique enough that is sad people didn't judge it on it's own merits, it was a really nice show, got a good laughs out of me.

The song parts no, the majority sucked, desu.

>*ahem*

It had decent writing. The characters were consistent enough that you probably could tell how they'd react in any situation, but not formulaic enough to the point where one person was always in the right or wrong. It was funny, but it also had some small touching moments. Seinfeld is probably the best comparison TV-wise, but the whole thing had a fanfiction feel to it.

>I know I've said a lot of terrible things about a lot of terrible people.
>But, I've saved the terribleist for my girlfriend, Tina.
>I have known many deranged people in my life, but I've never encountered the kind of profound mental instability that she possesses. Tina Russo is a psychopath.
>She may have everyone fooled, but I know the truth. Why else would the kindest, most beautiful, generous, and intelligent woman in the world, go out with someone like me?

>I love you.

Attached: tina.jpg (1024x574, 47K)

>Songs majority sucked
I'd say about 70% were at least alright.
youtube.com/watch?v=24PQ1_sMzLM

>Christmas Wraith

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-05-18 at 12.50.38 AM.png (1822x948, 1.33M)

>Looney Tunes: The Sitcom with awful character designs and horrendous animation.
Yeah I'll pass and just stick with the shorts from the 30's-50's as well as being optimistic for the new batch of shorts. I'm a firm believer in "don't fuck with the formula" especially when it was perfected. It's not a bad concept but there's no reason why it had to be the Looney Tunes characters. The chemistry between the characters are practically dead and it's missing the edge that made Looney Tunes great to begin with. Also i'm so fucking sick of angry jealous Daffy and i'm glad they're dropping that shit now so the new generation can experience what made the character incredible instead of being the samey bitter asshole that Bugs fucks with for however long the episode is. I could go on for hours expressing my hatred for not just for LTS but everything they've done with these characters for the past 55 years. i just don't think these characters can work under the restrictions of TV animation and the incompetence of many of the hacks involved with these shows.

>perfect formula
>sick of angry jealous Daffy
Pick one.
>Characters have zero chemistry
>Bugs just messing with him the entire episode
Confirmed for never watching the show.

Anyways, they're never going to make theatrical shorts again. Theater attendance keeps dropping and the money isn't there.

>Hate everything they've done for the past 55 years
Jeezus, learn to appreciate experimentation and growth. If you were in charge, we'd have never developed color film.

Attached: theater.jpg (600x350, 24K)

>pick one
It was fine until that became the only thing for him for the next 50 years. Peak Daffy is Clampett but there's room for variation to an extent.
>Confirmed for never watching the show
I was speaking as a whole and not just for that show. I've seen a few episodes of that mediocrity here and there
>learn to appreciate experimentation and growth
I will once they do. Lets do a bunch of random failures with these characters and hope one sticks. You talk about experimentation and growth and here we are at the beginning again waiting for new cartoons made in the same way they were 70+ years ago which is the most hype this franchise has gotten in a long time
>If you were in charge, we'd had never developed color film.
And somehow it would be far better than what they've been doing.

Yikes. This thread is now about actual kino.

Attached: image.jpg (1000x600, 133K)

>horrendous animation
Nigga wat, this animation is great.
>awful character designs
Classic designs no different from Disney and Felix the cat ones

You have absolutely no idea what you're talking about.

no u

The perfect mix of character personalities.

Attached: 418201904537.jpg (1920x1080, 1.01M)

was an original way to use these old characters.

Attached: Captura_de_Tela_(528).png (1920x1080, 1.01M)

Tina was hot as shit.

Duck Dodgers >>> this show
Duck Dodgers >>> 90% of all shows discussed here actually

>I could go on for hours expressing my hatred
That's entirely unhealthy & abnormal. You need to find something more constructive to do with your life, user.

Attached: 5442.jpg (1080x600, 306K)

Crazy Daffy is boring. Every cartoon character is crazy, there has to be fucking more than that.

As opposed to criticising one's choices on an imageboard where everyone bitches about children's cartoons.

>one guys opinion of many

Attached: Lara_Bunny.jpg (533x800, 247K)

Original shorts > original Duck Dodgers short >>>>>> Duck Dodgers cartoon >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> everything else

Precisely.

Attached: 20190119_183332.jpg (1270x1003, 526K)

Then don't watch Daffy shorts if you don't like crazy. That's what other characters are for. I don't even understand how one can call something that is unpredictable "boring" especially when there aren't that many wacky Daffy shorts since Jones changed it in the late 40's. If anything, it's boring that they mostly use him as a foil for bugs over and over.

Saves the franchise and animation in general

youtube.com/watch?v=R2HM8fbuK9U

Because he just makes noises and is just sort of a nuisance. There's no hook there, no edge that makes him stand out. Reminds me of Woody the Woodpecker.

>Also i'm so fucking sick of angry jealous Daffy and i'm glad they're dropping that shit now so the new generation can experience what made the character incredible instead of being the samey bitter asshole that Bugs fucks with for however long the episode is.

Thats every episode of Bugs and Daffy in the original Looney Tunes you retard

This is a weirdly subjective complaint which I don't think holds any real value. Being an anarchist is not a legitimate character trait now? It's weird to say there's no hook that makes him stand out when something like The Great Piggy Bank Robbery is widely considered a favorite Daffy cartoon especially among Looney Tunes fans. That's an example of a cartoon that does what you hate but it works perfectly.

There's only one problem with New Looney Tunes: The Merrie Melodies theme song update sucks dick. There's one squealing trumpet note that drives me out of my fucking mind when I hear it.

Watch more of their cartoons before making an idiotic post. That cliche didn't start until the 50's, retard.

I assure you it's not the only problem that show has.

It started with Daffy and Henery Hawk, you retard. 1948.

Let's imagine there was a Minions character whose shtick is about doing this:
youtube.com/watch?v=UJtOIfLNTfc
Would you still find it funny or entertaining to watch those antics?

Bugs is not in that cartoon, dumbass. Do you even know what the original complaint was?

You do know he does more than make silly noises?

youtube.com/watch?v=QNDCruGOBgk

The original complaint was that you (or some other deluded fuck) are bored of "angry asshole" Daffy. Being the foil to Bugs is secondary in your list of complaints, but nevertheless your position is flawed: Not only was Daffy already being cast as a douche before the 50s, he was even being cast as a douche in general depiction rather than specifically as a foil to Bugs. And guess what? Everyone who isn't you and maybe one other person loves angry asshole Daffy.

The complaint was the excessive usage of that version of Daffy who was not always like that in older shorts. You specifically stated he was like that in all Bugs & Daffy cartoons and I corrected you by saying that cliche did happen until the 50's when it came to their cartoons. No one is arguing that version wasn't played around with before 1950, but it wasn't made into a cliche (especially with Bugs) until the 50's. The only thing flawed here is your logic and spare me the arbitrary
>only you dislike x whereas everyone else blah blah
baseless comments. Everyone has different opinions.

because they weren't written as cartoons but as characters with motivations which happen to be cartoons

Ight you win. Time for bed.

It's the main one that's not people complaining it uses characters from LT

I hated Seinfeld. This show is awesome.

It was good but good riddance honestly.

Attached: BE85E40F-5A14-4032-A230-E9C9FA2A529E.jpg (1000x600, 132K)

I can't wait bros
I actually liked OP though

Attached: D6iThzgX4AU2O35.jpg:orig.jpg (1080x1076, 114K)

WHO

>The user unleashed his pathetic rant...
>BUT THE WIZARD IS UNDETERRED

Attached: 7483C040-4C13-40F9-A47F-BD5AE040E15F.gif (480x270, 1.83M)

it could've used more Marvin the Martian

I've only seen remember 2 episodes of it, the one with gossamers tarantula & carrot juicer/peeler and they both bad. Also no Rocky and Mugsy from the looks it so it must suck.