Why is the Astro-Harness the ugliest thing ever designed in the history of humanity...

why is the Astro-Harness the ugliest thing ever designed in the history of humanity? How could anyone look at that futuristic mobility aid equipment strapped in Orion's body, his awkward crouching position and think "Yep, that looks like an adequate vehicle/weapon for a god."

Attached: Orion-4.jpg (400x391, 37K)

Other urls found in this thread:

comicbookhistorians.com/marvel-1960s-jack-kirby-stan-lee-steve-ditko-who-created-what/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Is a Kirby design, hence is perfect and your a faggot

New Gods is one aspect of DC I've never really been able to get into. Seems weird and out of place for some reason.

OP confirmed for fag.

i always felt the same, it looks retarded, sorry jack. very of its time.
i don't blame you, its one of the reasons it almost never gets adapted ever.

They were all supposed to die at the end but DC didn't want to let them go so they had Kirby change the end of The Hunger Dogs.

Mister Miracle and Big Barda are the only ones worth getting into. And OP is right, the space scooter sucks

Op is a faggot once again

The New52 incarnation looks pretty good.

Attached: diana's 2 bitches fight over her.jpg (4136x3131, 1.67M)

Kirbys original is better
They're a cosmic force that shouldn't really be interacting a whole lot with Earth and its protagonists
Superman Animated Series adapted it, the first episode with them had scenes that were lifted directly from Kirbys original panels
And in fact that show is the source of Darkseid pivoting to become a Superman antagonist

Attached: 7a7757de110e213820409202485d9b82.jpg (491x750, 71K)

I think only orion and darkseid were supposed to die.

New Gods have no future anymore anyway. No DC character does. Marvel has completely won

The New Gods were born out of the destruction of the Old Gods and their world which was Marvels version of the Norse gods and the first scenes depict that last scenes from the last Thor comic Kirby worked on
I think Kirby intended for them all to repeat that cycle

You're a tasteless faggot.

Fuck it, they were fucking great in Morrison's JLA. Also Simonson's Orion was amazing.

Oh hi, I guess you're the guy who is always on the threads saying how only movies matter now.

A New Gods movie would be relatively easy to do
Scott breaks out, he and Barda flee to the first programmed location on a stolen motherbox - Earth
They're followed by the Furies
Meanwhile, simultaneously to this Orion and others on New Genesis catch wind of Anti-Life Equation research going on, go to Apokolips, finds Humans being tested on, Orion gets them back to Earth
Both plots converge for the third act show down
Only to be interrupted at the last moment by the arrival of the Justice League

Yeah I've always liked those two. Their stuff in the JL cartoons was great.

I always felt the New Gods stuff should be separated from the DC universe and just be it's own thing. Not to mention DC seems to be milking the fuck out of them.

The Astro-Harness is fucking awesome. Get fucked, OP.

New Gods are amazing. It's always been something that I've loved since watching the old DCAU cartoons.

As for them seeming "out of place," it's probably because they've always kinda existed in their own separate corner of the DC universe (multiverse, really), barring some interactions with Superman and the Justice League.

>tfw finally reading through the New Gods omnibus

This. Maybe work Jimmy Olsen dealing with Intergang and the Forever People in there too.

Orion is objectively one of the most poorly designed characters ever, Kirby was a fucking hack.

No need for Jimmy Olsen
Olsen was only doing that because Kirby didn't want to displace a regular artist and it was the only comic with an opening
The Forever People are pretty extenuating compared to Scott/Barda and Orion and just not as important to the overall story

Intergang COULD be in it as the suppliers of humans to experiment on, and getting weapons in exchange
Come to think of it, they could even appear before the New Gods movie with advanced weapons as a prelude!

see

The way Kirby originally drew the Astro harness and Orion looks better and trippier than Silver Surfer it's just that Orion is more difficult to draw correctly than Silver Surfer especially since they typically tone down the trippy colors for Orion in most non-Kirby renditions of Orion.

Forgot pic.

Attached: s-l400-58.jpg (309x400, 52K)

Why do people hate all the things about comic books I think are cool?

Actually, Kirby's plan was for the Fifth World to be Earth, superheroes would be the All New Gods.

Because most of these fags are tumblr/plebbit fags with zero taste in comics, they're just here to get attention from/bother the few true comics readers here.

>Come to think of it, they could even appear before the New Gods movie with advanced weapons as a prelude!
This is what they should've done for a MoS sequel.

Fucking this.

I don't think Jack Kirby was a very good artist.

dubs of unironic truth. quit talking shit, op.

iirc kirby wanted new gods to be in the marvel universe, the 4th world canon of characters would get into an epic battle with the asgardians and whatnot. the first issue of new gods just says the old gods and the new gods had a little ragnorak.

People who say this don't know how sequential art should be measured and probably started reading comics 3 years ago tops

i think youre an idiot

Oh fuck right off. As a kid, I never got what was supposed to be so great about Kirby or why everyone aped his style (which at the time, I didn't realize was Kirby's in the first place), but the more I read comics he drew, the more I come to appreciate his art. He really was a fantastic visual artist who knew how to create unique, inspired, trippy designs, and also knew how to construct action sequences. You can feel so much force in the punches he drew, so much more than the typical artist today.

Jack Kirby could beat up your dad.

Attached: Flanders jerk.jpg (500x382, 57K)

t. liefeld

Seething Kirbyfags

There's a reason Marvel's most popular hero was always Spider-Man, and why Iron Man is the favourite now. Nobody but you likes Kirby's shitty drawings.

holy living fuck

the ignorance is astounding

New Gods would fit better with Marvel.

>Marvel's most popular hero was always Spider-Man
The same Spider-Man that Kirby had a hand in creating?
>and why Iron Man is the favourite now
Because he had a good movie that Marvel managed to get snowballing into a franchise right as they were going bankrupt and bought out by Disney.

Then it would have been thor without thor

Kirby had no such hand in creating Spider-Man you delusional fanatic.

Between Thor, the Inhumans and the Eternals Marvel pretty much does have the New Gods

not him but i think jack pitched the idea to stan lee and then years later stan and steve ditko created spiderman, but most likely separate from any ideas jack had

>Marvel's Eternals is getting a movie
>New Gods isn't going to get one ever and one of its characters was used as the shittiest villains ever in the comically bad Justice League
Embarrassing!

Okay hotshot whos your favorite artist?

Attached: 7c0ccfd405edbb71b286ec39b4cc8ed0.jpg (1841x2665, 2.51M)

bruh they have a director for new gods
>steppenwolf
the only new god any one cares about is darkseid in any potential jl movie

I'm sure you do think that, based on absolutely nothing at all.

Romita

i just skimmed the wiki article on spider-man. stan lee went to jack kirby to draw him, but i guess jack didnt want to. i guess i seriously and unironically made that up. im not this guy, btw

>bruh they have a director for new gods
It's about as likely to actually come to fruition as the Cyborg movie.
>the only new god any one cares about is darkseid
I agree, it's all godshit except for one character. One character who's only entertaining as a Superman villain.

You don't know how sequential art should be measured and probably started reading comics 3 years ago tops

I hope they do the New Gods movie right. I want the movie to be properly political, with Darkseid being a fascist who has cultivated a cult of personality that's self-sustaining on Apokalips and attempting to spread his rule throughout the universe via the Anti-Life Equation. It needs to be cosmic and trippy, yet really human at the same time.

It's fucking gynecological stirrups. Orion looks like he's flying to get a fucking pap smear

Nice quads but the ultimate question is are they going to utilize Morrison's take on the New Gods in Final Crisis.
If so, then you're going to need a separate line of films explaining who they are and not just one film because they literally are suppose to exist outside of DC's multiverses and are not just a group of weird aliens in a perpetual war with one another.

Attached: AlexRoss_NewGods.jpg (1500x826, 377K)

>If so, then you're going to need a separate line of films explaining who they are and not just one film because they literally are suppose to exist outside of DC's multiverses and are not just a group of weird aliens in a perpetual war with one another.
I mean, we're already getting a New Gods movie. It wouldn't surprise me if they alluded to them existing within their own pocket of the Multiverse.

The time when a design element just doesn't work out right.

It's supposed to evoke a man in a machine gun turret.

Unfortunately it only looks good from the front. Everywhere else it looks like "I GOTTA SHIT".

They should just hand out free flyers of pic related and a list of terms to people who purchased tickets to the New Gods film to get a glimpse of the massive scale that it is.

Attached: DCMap_of_the_Multiverse_002.jpg (2398x1860, 1.04M)

It should be measured on itts quality, not on the artist's ability to shit out six books a month

Morrison has created a plothole where Darkseid could have conquered everyone by suplexing other true, complete New Gods at reality until it broke from their dummy thiccness smashing everything. Or I don’t know, built a cannon to fire all those dogs on Apokalips at the multiverse.

How would you even suplex them?

>They're a cosmic force that shouldn't really be interacting a whole lot with Earth and its protagonists
Because they're not at all unique in being cosmic forces in DC comics.

>t. Tom Cuck

Are you this fucking stupid? yes you are.

Nigga you seen whatshit the Omega Effect can do? I would not be surprised if it could suplex other self aware ideas too

Not that guy but he's right.
Spider-Man is a cultural phenomenon in ways that Kirby's creations could never dream of.

Think of it as an invisible motorcycle

you realize that kirby (and lee) basically created the marvel comics universe with the F4 right?

>invisible
>can clearly see it

Attached: le confused black man.gif (220x225, 419K)

It's really not that complicated at all.

>not flying around legs spread, crotch open, ass hanging out back to intimidate your enemies
More like the Chadstro-Harness.

I like Kirby's art, but most of his designs aged like milk

All of the Fourth World aged like milk
Fucking space God?
What the fuck.

You genuinely don't know how sequential art should be measured and probably started reading comics 3 years ago tops
This is the last time your underage flaming will be paid any mind

Attached: Vera_Drawing.gif (256x192, 56K)

No

Looks like the upper quarter of a motorcycle.

>WB fucked over DC for a literal decade so theres no traction
>We'll never get to see Ron Perlman play both Highfather and Orion using the MCU de-aging tech

I will kill the Warner Brothers.

? Orion is Darkseid's boy.

Yeah, but the whole point of the New Gods is that they're a homage to cyclical deities a la Ragnarok. It doesn't matter that Orion is Darkseid's spawn, it matters that he's Highfather's son.

Orion looking like Darkseid without Motherbox intervention is an integral part of his character.

There have been enough iterations where it hasn't been relevant (looking at you, JLU) that fans wouldn't be irate about it.

But not the Warner Sister?

Attached: Dot-1-.jpg (640x480, 32K)

You mean like the Avengers?

New Gods would work better as a Netflix/HBO series.

>there are people THIS casual on Yea Forums
I fucking hope to god the movie is comics accurate.

>Space gods aged like milk
>meanwhile every mainstream sci-fi movie has some sort of "ancient astronauts" bullshit justification for crazy shit
Kirby was probably the biggest visionaire in mainstream comic books ever, tied with Bill Gaines and Harvey Kurtzman.

Reminder that the correct name for this device is the Astro-Glider

Attached: download.jpg (225x225, 7K)

Not to mention that George Lucas arguably cribbed or at least took inspiration from a lot of Kirby's stuff, like Doctor Doom's design, Darkseid and his relationship to his son, Orion, and the Source, for Star Wars.

>New Gods movie
>Directed by Ava Duvernay
>Bait for a Big Barda / Mr Miracle movie
>Inspired by the Mr Miracle comic made by BASEDKING Tom
>Director known to have a full black actors on her movies
>Granny Goodness will be Played by Oprah.
>New genesis Gods will be Played by black people
>Apokolipsians will be Played by white people
>Darkseid will be inspired by Bad Man DONALD TRUMP

Attached: download (12).jpg (225x225, 9K)

>>Granny Goodness will be Played by Oprah.
Oprah would be pretty interesting as Godfrey stand-in

Glorious Godfrey Played by ELLEN

You know, a lot of this isn't really bad since the New Gods, like pointed out before, are actually pretty political and Ava DuVernay is known for directing works with a political focus. The whole thing about Darkseid is that he's the god of tyranny, particularly the fascist variety and lot of his underlings use fascistic methods in order to control large swaths, if not entire populations, of people. Also Darkseid was always based on leaders who were corrupt or otherwise fascist like Richard Nixon and Adolf Hitler anyway. Darkseid taking inspiration from Trump is pretty on the money.

That and I wouldn't mind some characters being racebent because they're actually gods who represent ideals that are universal to humanity and Grant Morrison's Seven Soldiers actually had them disguised in avatars of a different race than white while hiding on Earth.

Oprah Winfrey would actually play a great Granny Goodness but I'm not sure if she would do it since it seems she only takes roles where she doesn't play a villain.

At the very least, I wouldn't be surprised if Big Barda was played by a black woman or at least a Middle-Eastern women considering the Egyptian iconography present in her headgear. I wouldn't mind, I just want a Barda who's badass as fuck.

This is it. Basically the ideas for the New Gods and their stories were percolating around the time Kirby left Marvel and Came over to DC. So they exist in kind of this weird place where they straddle the two publishers sort of.

Kirby is an amazing artist, but his work, especially in the New Gods, is often rushed and inconsistent. I believe at the time he was churning out something like a book a week, or something comparatively ridiculous.

I dont want to see a New Gods Movie as a bait for Leftist Propaganda.
I despice black actors because TODAY they are casted as a token characters instead of being casted because they are GOOD ACTORS.

Also Freedom has no colors ,so Fuck Hitler and Fuck Stalin, that was the message that Kirby wanted to give when he made DARKSEID.

>I dont want to see a New Gods Movie as a bait for Leftist Propaganda.
>I despice black actors because TODAY they are casted as a token characters instead of being casted because they are GOOD ACTORS.
I mean, is that really all that true? When's the last time a black actor was cast purely as a token and not because they had immense acting talent?

>Also Freedom has no colors ,so Fuck Hitler and Fuck Stalin, that was the message that Kirby wanted to give when he made DARKSEID.
Pretty sure the message was "Fuck fascism and fuck corrupt political leaders."

None of what you said seems to particularly line up with anything Kirby ever said. While Darkseid was inspired by every tyrant Kirby ever came across, the biggest influence was Nixon.

Why doesn't he just get a space car?

He made Space Dudes using skiis and snowboards

Kirbyfags are so fucking delusional.

I mean, not really? Lucas admitted to reading Kirby's books even before the creation of the first SW movie.

Mate find me a single cartoonist not named John Byrne shitting on the man.
I get that Yea Forums has been awful recently because apparently a bunch of faggots only learned about Kirby after Stan passed away, but the truth is that the nickname "King" only stuck because the man was a comic book machine. The worst Kirby comics are better than most of what the big two is pushing out today, and I bet even most big two creators making those books would agree.
Even if we assume Lucas wasn't into Kirby (despite there being more than a source to support that if you care to look), his inlfuence is still immense EVEN if we ignore the success of the MCU.
GRRM has fan letter on early Fantastic Four issues, James Cameron, John Carpenter, Guillermo del Toro and piles of other very succesful directors have gone on record to praise him, Michael Chabon, Paul Auster and I'm sure countless of other very influential contemporary writers have sung his praises and so on.
Stop letting Yea Forums deprive you from enjoying one of the highest points in 20th century art, the man was a force of nature and you shouldn't let fat virgins on a venetian glass-blowing bbs influence your view of his work.

because you have the ultimate shit taste

OP here, stop derailing the thread, this is not pro-kirby, this is not anti-kirby, this is not about new gods, this is not about DC, this isn't even about comics as a whole, this is a pure Astro-Harness hate thread. Talk shit about that piece of crap, now!

Nah, he is great artist but not so good writer.

Its fine.

You are the ones always shitting on Stan and acting like the Kirby did nothing wrong and didn't act like jackass in his later life.

Shut the fuck up and go back to sucking cocks

The rock of the eternity is the center of existence? I know it was in the original Captain Marvel comics but why keep it that way when DC got the rights?

Because the Rock is cool and the center of all Magic.
And aesthetically it looks like a compass.

>It's a /pol/ proves he's a casual episode

Only if you're a faggot.

Fuck, that artwork is superb.

He looks like an intergalactic Walmart shopper

>delusional, out of touch boomers thought his drawings were good, so I will too
Classic kirbyfag. Not a single opinion they thought of themselves.

Your pic isn't the original design, they dropped the original design immediatly.
The coward cunts.

you shut your whore mouth

>Le SJW white knight calling someone a /pol/tard for telling the truth about Nowday Moviemaking episode.
>Le Fourth World Source matereal used by George Lucas to make Star Wars script

I have never once made any type of allegation like that anywhere in my post.
Yeah, I'm sure everyone under 60 who likes Kirby is secretly pretending to do so and you're the one true individual with actual opinion and tastes.

MCU THOR
>From An Asgardian Warrior Prince
>To an Emasculated Clown

Kirby would be so proud for this "WOKE" Adaptation.
ENJOY your Blackwashed "Big Barda and Cuck Free the movie" made by "Wrinkle in time DISNEY Flop" director Ava Duvernay.

Only Immortal Man could take out a lot of those New Gods because Immortdl Man was granted additional power by the Source to kill those New Gods.

Marvel Kirby > DC Kirby

Kirby didn't designed it to be an erotic swing, that is not Kirby's design, fucking normie.

Attached: 1990jackkirbyinterviewcomicsjournal134garygroth7creditofstoriesanddialogue.png (660x592, 30K)

Fuck off faggot.

Kirby also said he took the aspiration for Hulk by hearing about the adrenaline's rush, and he made Bruce transform when enraged for that reason.

Too bad Hulk wasn't created that way but as a monster that only comes out at night, it had nothing to do with rage.

Yeah Jack Kirby thought he was the greatest thing on god's earth, everybody knows that.
It doesn't change the fact that Spider-Man is what put Marvel on the map and he didn't have a hand in it.

Normalfag.

comicbookhistorians.com/marvel-1960s-jack-kirby-stan-lee-steve-ditko-who-created-what/

Attached: 1990jackkirbyinterviewcomicsjournal134garygroth4.png (672x124, 6K)

Fat old Jew lies about creating Spider-Man. We've all seen it before, we know he's a liar.

>user: I created Superman, Batman and Spider-Man. I decided to give credit to the other because i'm just that nice.

Where are my royalities?

Disneyfags will never give Kirby his credit, read the link faggots.

oh so you must have a tangible proof that backs you up, until proved otherwise Stan Lee created both Batman and Superman.

Heh, jack kirby was a jew and still he got jewed

Everyone's read the link.

>Stan claims he envisioned the character and asked Kirby and then Ditko to draw it for him
>Ditko claims Stan came up with the idea of a teen hero and the name Spider-Man and he did the rest
>Kirby claims he came up with the whole thing
>Some anonymous faggot claims that Jack Kirby worked for a costume shop and designed a halloween costume in the 50s that vaguely looks like Spider-Man
>associates of both Ditko and Kirby claim they had a part in creating the character because everyone wants to be known as the creator of Spider-Man

Doesn't change the fact that Kirby is a liar and his fans will make up stories with no basis to support his retarded claims

trips of truth, also don't forget that this isn't even the only time they did this

Why can't Orion or Darkseid fly?

To this day both Kirby and Ditko estates won in court that's why FF and Spider-man have co-created by Kirby and Ditko next to Lee's name.

Attached: 1963strangetales110strangefirstappearancecredits-750x190.jpg (750x190, 13K)

Attached: 1962amazingfantasy15spidermancreditditkoleecloseupandnow.jpg (371x100, 13K)

And nowhere does it say Kirby created Spider-Man. Because he didn't.

You idiot.

Well its basically a cosmic motorcycle.

Attached: 1962stanversionofspideycreationcompared-tostevesimonkirby.jpg (1024x716, 170K)

yes, Kirby is credited as the creator of Ant-Man.
Don't know what this has to do anything with Ditko and Lee's Spider-Man.

>trying to change the subject
Faggot.

Would be better if he was laying down on his chest instead of curled up into some weird squat.

Lee was such a liar he litetally lied about being the sole creator of both Fantastic Four and Spider-man that's why he got taken to court and lost.

The artist fucked up Kirby's original design.

>getting mad over a joke

You are an actual retard. You are clinically retarded.

Liar like Kirby lied about how he created the Hulk? That kind of lying? Because usually who lies once lies twice and so on.
And they "settled", he didn't lost shit he just didn't wanted to spend more years in court and was nice enough to share.

>joke
Not even funny, what a fool you are.

Disney backed off and settled because the case was going to Supreme court, Disney don't want bad press so they paid him off instead.

>The Hulk is a fictional superhero appearing in publications by the American publisher Marvel Comics. Created by writer Stan Lee and artist Jack Kirby, the character first appeared in the debut issue of The Incredible Hulk (May 1962).

The black dots are cool, I guess

It was the Ragnarok Cycle. The post-Ragnarok world would be the Fifth World with New Gods replacing the now-dead Old Gods (except for Thor who is the new High Father).

Incorrect. Stan pitched the idea to Kirby and Ditko. Stan liked Ditko's take on the character, and Kirby's take on the character later became Blue Beetle after Jack went to DC.

So I guess that explains why Stan Lee floundered and Kirby Comics dominated the market after he went solo, eh?

Lol no you faggot.

Blue Beetle is from 1939, if anything Spiderman is a copy of Blue Beetle.

Attached: 442px-Blue_Beetle_04.jpg (442x599, 128K)

Stan Lee was a corporate yes man and Disney owned Marvel characters are stolen property, perhaps that's why their more idiotic fans are so dumb and arrogant, it's the Marvel method.

Attached: 1990jackkirbyinterviewcomicsjournal134garygroth2a.png (675x297, 20K)

I want a free bottle of Kooba - the big drink.

Who cares? Orion has his astro harness and darkseid (at least in the cartoons) hovered around on a plate (was it a plate, or did he float on his own?)

I think flying doesn't suit brawlers. It's more of an energy beams shooter type of power

kirby is overrated, his designs are mostly dumb

From what I understand Kirbys entire plan for the 4th world got thrown out the window after he was forced to put it on a hiatus that lasted 15 years. Hunger dogs was meant to be a much larger story that would wrap up all the lingering plot threads, but due to his age, dc meddling, and just pain forgetfulness it never really played out.

That's not a credit, retard.
Retelling Kirby and Simon's obvious lies in comic form doesn't make them true.

I kind of agree with you. He's not amazing, just okay, and really overrated.