Why aren't you a published comic writer yet? The bar is laughably low

Why aren't you a published comic writer yet? The bar is laughably low.

Attached: blz24.jpg (563x425, 252K)

Because the shit writers got in because they had friends who were already in.

It really is not that low.
Anybody can take one panel and make it look stupid out of context.

you still need an artist

>Anybody can take one panel and make it look stupid out of context.

Exactly. Maybe the dude is supposed to be a cornball, or awkward. How does the rest of the issue read?

Season of the Witch

The entire mini is full of voicless expository dialogue and janky plotting

nepotism

>Why aren't you a published comic writer yet? The bar is laughably low.

Because there's basically no money in it. Mainstream published comics have a readership a fraction of the size of the average webcomic.

"The comic industry" looks like some prestigious title that requires knowing all the right people, but it's more just where writers end up when they're not good enough for television, movies, or even fucking deviantart.

Halloween: Season of the Witch?!

Name one writer who's not American (including Hyphen-American), British, or brought in as a token minority for a single story in a shitty event anthology.
The American comic book industry is very xenophobic.

I'm legit struggling. The best I can think off is Fabian Nicieza, but he moved the the US as kid.

but i am

darko macan, croat who wrote star wars, captain america and a sandman spin-off

me too

Tom Taylor

I didn't intern for a comic book company and instead worked in a non profit during college

I am, but only in the UK and only for a non-profit 2000AD fanzine. I'm proud of the work and I'm overjoyed to have seen the scripts drawn by a bunch of fucking awesome artists, but I still haven't taken that step towards actually making some money off it.

Also I got a webcomic that's just a collection of short stories but that's also ad honorem.

Attached: zarjaz27-digital-0.jpg (2444x1735, 3.97M)

Honestly didn't even know Fanzines were still a thing. How do you sell these?

Because even if you like comics, being a comic book pro it's a dead end job most of the time.

Attached: 1513097764591.jpg (440x368, 27K)

That implies non-Anglos are humans deserving of life. Give me your blood, little aryan.

It doesn't really doesn't seem worth it at all unless what you make can adapted but at that point you're just writing movie and tv pitches.
>Make indieshit: You make the comic you want with a story going in whatever direction you feel like but almost nobody reads it unless you strike gold
>Work on big 2 capeshit:Have to make the comic they want while sticking to continuity and being wary of things going on in other books (the same courtesy may not be extended to you) and if you create something original you pray that it has staying power and show up in a different medium.

Attached: 1524746083080.jpg (279x215, 31K)

Through small print runs sold at conventions and special internet orders. That's how Zarjaz does it, at least.

technically it's easy to be published. making a profit is a whole different thing.

Working on it.
Want to self-publish.

>Thinking that comic writers don’t come here to vent and shitpost.

I like food but I ain't gonna be a chef.
Just cause I'm a consumer doesn't mean I'm gonna bust my ass to attempt to he a producer.

>The American comic industry is primarily Americans

Attached: godfatherofquality.png (476x357, 92K)

And a publisher.

Whilce Portacio is hyphenated now, but he was born in the phillipines and didn't get to the us until he was 8 or so