Kino

Kino

Disappointed darkwing isn't an asshole anymore though

Attached: Watch DuckTales Season 2 Episode 16 - The Duck Knight Return.mp4_snapshot_22.24_[2019.05.17_12.14.46 (1280x720, 339K)

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#F!sHgVmYjS!C12UV2gbPeNV4qYZUYjVyw
youtu.be/fBt3C13VAQ0
ve.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_pro2wp3Zfi1wip39k.mp4
youtube.com/watch?v=vhD-DaT456w
youtube.com/watch?v=-ZdLbiF9gCo
youtube.com/watch?v=7PoLKvu8wGw
youtube.com/watch?v=1pzyVv6jQBQ
youtube.com/watch?v=CAvzZ824XOY
youtube.com/watch?v=R2HM8fbuK9U
kimcartoon.to/Cartoon/DuckTales/Season-01-Episode-063-All-Ducks-on-Deck?id=12183
imdb.com/name/nm0191906/?ref_=fn_al_nm_1#actor
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I liked the episode, I enjoyed the twist.

Attached: Let's Get Dangerous.jpg (1280x720, 101K)

I don't know how I feel about this.
That said, I think Jim Cummings had a lot of fun making Darkwing go insane and embrace Negaduck.

I like all the jabs at DC and Marvel movies
The director being DC
>Bane villain
>Dark Gritty
But also being pre-mcu marvel
>Daredevil gasoline fire sign

Dewey representing MCU
>No respect for source material
>Mimicks other movies (blue light middle of city)
>Heavily rely on cg

Bane megavolt was funny

Attached: bane.jpg (1280x720, 73K)

Not going to lie, Scrooge was right about the mustache

The mask works really well for him

I like how the final episode of the cancelled DW show basically ended up happening for real with New Darkwing vs Old Darkwing.

Cry harder DCuck

>That said, I think Jim Cummings had a lot of fun making Darkwing go insane and embrace Negaduck.
You might want to double-check the credits again, that might not have been Jim.

Still abuses his wife and small animals

mega when?

What happens if I take off the battery?

How likely is it that Darkwing Duck meets Gizmoduck?

Cummings still played Starling/Darkwing. Chris Diamantopoulos was Drake/Darkwing.

What if Negaduck teams up with other villains, like Magica or Mark Beaks?

Extremely likely.
These are side side character, so might be next season. I like how Darkwing duck already has a dislike for Gizmo duck. I hope we get a super/bats dynamic

Wasn't he in a couple crossovers on the original darkwing duck?

I honestly expected the director to become Negaduck

He already had the black coloring around his eyes

Attached: 1558096673226.png (647x366, 253K)

>Dewey representing MCU

Attached: Doesn't Work.gif (540x275, 3.72M)

was one in the other thread. here's an up to date mega
>mega.nz/#F!sHgVmYjS!C12UV2gbPeNV4qYZUYjVyw

Does Dewey sound off in this episode. Too old.

Same thought it would be a Grey Ghost type episode. liked Starling going insane though.

Scrooge told the director that Dewey was his main demographic. MCU is trying to grab the younger generation, Spider-Man.

I watched the episode three times in a row.
I know who played whom.

And I was actually surprised that Chris did a pretty decent impression of Jim Cummings.

Also, nice Powerline reference with Dewey.

Attached: Darkwings.jpg (1280x720, 98K)

like that one dark wing episode where the villains take over and try to rule duckburg and then we get Gizmo, Darkwing and Scrooge teaming up
against Beaks, Magica and Negaduck
with a speacial guest appearance by Glomgold but the other villains kinda don't want him around

Gosalyn soon

Attached: Watch DuckTales Season 2 Episode 16 - The Duck Knight Return.mp4_snapshot_22.01_[2019.05.17_13.09.19 (1280x720, 405K)

>Glomgold gets mad that Negaduck is one upping his schemes.

So what's the new DW's character flaw?

>they don't kick him out because he pays for everything

Right because we can't appeal to kids with superhero movies like comics did. Just leave them with TTG.
Go cry about the MCU on another board.

Why do you believe lies?

Oh god, Webby's going to end up having a 4-way isn't she?

So, here are my "predictions" how this entire Darkwing in the Ducktales 2017 universe is going to play out

1. If they introduce Gosalyn in the show, she will not be an orphan like in the original. It may be more likely she is Drake Mallard's actual daughter who gets involved in the entire mix when her dad turns from a "dork" who obsessed about a tv hero, becomes the actual hero.

2. Drake will attempt to become a hero like Launchpad suggested, turning into something similar like those people who walk around in hero costumes and try to help people out on the street you hear from. Which he will be not as good at in the beginning.

3. Launchpad and Drake stay friends via different channels

4. Jim will attempt to give them the "gritty reboot" they asked for and try to get revenge on those who wronged him. Scrooge, Dewey, the director and Drake will become targets of Jim, because in his eyes they are what ruined the movie shoot. Drake will attempt to save his idol, but Jim will eventually abandon his identity as Jim/Darkwing and instead rebrand himself as "Negaduck" and become a true villain.

5. Drake will defeat Negaduck and embrace the persona of Darwing Duck sincerely, trying to become a hero and "symbol" in real life by channeling the virtues of the fictional character he idealized and less of what the later had become. (Negaduck)

6. Drake becomes a badass off screen, references are made he becomes a real life hero and associate of HUSH (Mrs. Beakly as someone training him in martial arts).

7. Some other big bads of the original darkwing Duck show (90s) become opponents in the Ducktales universe. These include reimagined versions of Steelbeak, FOWL etc.

Quackerjack, Megavolt, Liquidator and Bushroot also somehow become "real" villains. Idea: Negaduck uses some invention by Gyro to turn the fictional characters real or the former actors for them also become crazy similar to Jim and gain superpowers.

Glomgold has become one of my more favorite villains this season.
On face value, he just an antagonist for Scrooge on a business level. And very silly at that. But the fact that he raised himself up from being a shoe shiner kid to beat Scrooge out of spite, creating a company that makes him the second richest duck in the world. I just love the fact that he hates Scrooge so much he can't stop and appreciate all he's actually already accomplished.

Golmgold's been great this season.

Attached: ALL I DO IS WIN!.jpg (1280x720, 121K)

When I was a kid they didn't. Blade, watchmen, Daredevil, X-Men 1, Spider-Man was probably the best for kid.

What are some essential episodes of Ducktales 2017?
The whole shows been a mixed bag and i stopped watching after mark beaks first ep but two seems way better from what i've seen.

thanks duckbro

Glomgold is kinda unique in this season.
On one hand he seems to lack a certain coldness and calculating streak his comic counterparts always have.

On the other hand, he (similar to hsi counterparts) has absolutely no regard for the lives of those he hates, enjoys misery and is just so cartoonishly bombastic, childish and gleeful when things go his way, it is a trat to watch him.

so what happened? dark wing duck turns into a bad guy?

its from a photocopy of him that was colored wrong that got his with toxic waste

>she will not be an orphan like in the original. It may be more likely she is Drake Mallard's actual daughter
I don't see this happening, just because the showrunners probably see her as representation of adopted kids or something. I could very easily see Gosalyn having been adopted years ago and it's only mentioned in a throwaway line.

photo copy that got dipped in toxic waste
yeah its duck tales

It is complicated

In universe the actor of the old school Darkwing Duck series (Jim Sterlin) loses his shit when he finds out there is going to be a reboot not starring him in the role. So he tries to sabotage his replacement and the movie to prove he can play the part better. Launchpad at first wants to help Jim cause he is not certain the replacement is actually that good of an actor.

But it turns out that a) the replacement actually is a good actor and b) he is a fellow Darkwing fan who actually embraced the "virtues" his childhood hero represented.

Things go out of hand, Sterlin loses his shit but in a moment to kinda save Launchpad and the replacement from an accident, he "sacrifices" himself and seems to die in an explosion.

The movie is cancelled and the replacement, not knowing what to do now with his life, gets suggested by Launchpad to try being a hero in "real life" as he proved himself a decent fighter and hero when trying to stop Jim from going completely bonkers at parts.
The replacement then also revelas his name to be Drake Mallard and he and Launchpad seem to become friends.

Meanwhile in the sewers under the studio, it turns out that Jim sterlin survived the explosion. But something went wrong. He has gone completely crazy, the costume of Darkwing he wore has changed colors, most likely because of some chemicals on set.
He declares that if the world wants a gritty reboot, he is going to give it towards them and the "hag" who turned Launchpad/his biggest fan against him.

So in a way Darkwing has turned bad. Or rathet the glory seeking actor playing him. While the replacement who became inspired by Darkwing is going to life the legacy.

Ducktales 2017 has DD as a tv show. OG DD actor gets replaced by a fan and turns so jealous that in his rage he becomes Negaduck. New DD becomes a superhero to inspire people like the show did to him after beating OG DD

That would also be a possibility.
At least I doubt they will ever give her the Taurus Bulba related origin.

But since it's not like Jim Sterlin is the real Drake Mallard it's not like they're betraying the old cartoon ENTIRELY.

Jim Starling

>Darkwing Duck is a fictional character
>Jim Sterling is the old man who played him on TV
>Drake Mallad is the actor set to play him in the reboot and considered Darkwing his childhood hero
>Jim Sterling starts to go through increasingly violent lengths to replace him in the new movie
>Drake Mallad confronts him when he starts endangering people around him and defeats him (Sterling is assumed dead)
>the movie is cancelled and Launchpad suggests he can become Darkwing Duck for real
>Jim Sterling escaped, the colors washed out of his costume (Negaduck colors), and he's last seen going "if they want darker and edgier, then that's what I'll give them"

I never said they are betraying the freaking original cartoon.

It is just that this is a case where I think they are pulling off some sort of "Kickass".
You know, in a world where heroes are only fiction (Gizmoduck not counting) someone inspired by a fictional hero tries to be a real one.

It is just that instead of becoming an "original" hero, Drake Mallard will just decide to keep the legacy/spirit of his favorite superhero alive by being a real life version of it.
Unbeknown to the fact that he will also get soon a "real life" archnemesis, which has not existed in the show he watched as a child, we however know thanks to our own nostalgia.

Lets face it, this episode is "Metanarrative 101"

That would be extremely painful.

I'm into twinks and I totally want to fuck Spider-Man.

What I love about this is, that this is not even Megavolt really.

Like the Darkwing clips in the Ducktales show made it clear, that 2017 Megavolt really looks like his original.
This si just the "gritty" Christopher Nolan version the stupid director wanted.

Was Jim Sterling's outfit at the start an Adam West reference?

>What if Adam West went crazy and became a super villain

this one?

Attached: Jim starling.jpg (1280x720, 118K)

Shall I tell him West is dead?

This explains why the story producer answered with "Who's Drake Mallard?" when asked about him last year.

I don't like darkwing's costume

that was even Launchpad's line at the end

I'm guessing once Drake starts doing it himself he'll go with a more traditional outfit, and this one was here just because it's the "modern capeshit" version

But then again can't fully trust this show to not do dumb choices so maybe this is the actual outfit now

eh that may be just for the movie. His actual one could be just like Starling

Lets see where it is going.
At least with this they did decent.

Yes

Attached: Evil_Jim.jpg (319x239, 92K)

I love this scene because it also really fit's Glomgold's character to use such a dated song to appear hip and be petty.

It was the one used for the gritty reboot. maybe he'll get a new one?

nix the black parts and I could roll with it

I keep feeling that Owlson will get drawn into his insanity at some point. Maybe even worse.

Duck Avenger teamup when

Basically? In universe, original DW (not Drake Mallard) is an actor obsessed with his glory days that goes nuts, while the new DW (actually Drake Mallard) is a fan who embraces the ideal of DW as a hero and try to stop him. Original DW almost got a redemption, but suffers somewhat of a Joker origins accident and becomes this continuity's Negaduck.

That's actually pretty dope

She did get frustrated and left him in Borway. She does not like playing babysitter especially since she was originally brought in to be CEO.

Attached: Owlson.jpg (1280x720, 139K)

Well, the reboot uniform isn't bad, though.

I keep thinking there's going to be a scene where he gives her a thank you. Like that scene where he got mad at Scrooge for letting himself get shock, I was sure he was going to add a "Owlson would never let me near dangerous objects!" Or something.
Anyone find it weird how the electric gun actually worked. Whoever was in charge of practical effects needs a pay raise. Not enough for it look real, if your going to reboot Dark Wing, then it damn well better be real.

>After today, no new episodes for who knows how long

Attached: 1507900526442s.jpg (232x197, 6K)

so who is the new voice actor for drakemalard?

According to the producers, you could watch every episode that came out this week, once a week and by the time you finish it'd be time for them to start again

oh man that makes me sad... I like Jim much better.

Chris Diamantopoulos the current Mickey Mouse VA

BAsed on what I heard the new VA is the same one who does Storkules in other episodes of Ducktales.

I thought he did a decent job as Darkwing, doing a decent impression on Jim Cummings.

As for Cummings, is it me or did he slightly modify his voice as Negaduck to also make it sound a bit more like Hamills Joker?

Chris Diamantopoulos.
No, seriously. Sounds like character from Asterix, but its legit. Right at the end credits.

Chris Diamantopoulos, same va as Storkules, and Mickey from the new shorts.

>Diamantopoulos voices Mickey Mouse, Storkules, and Drake Mallard

Fuck, that's some range.

Negaduck always sounded deeper like that

He sounds like old Negaduck which is a gruffer more gravely voice.

well mickey is simply a falsetto and drake is nasal while I dont know who the other guy is

Yeah, I am from germany.
This is the first time I hear Jim Cummings as Darkwing honestly. And here Negaduck and Darkwing had two completely different VAs.
Also we called Negaduck "Fiesoduck" which translates essentially into "Nastyduck"

jim cummings played both, this time its not the case

I fucking know.

And to be honest, considering Cummings plays "Jim Starling" who is "Darkwing" for the most part at first, I still say he played him and Negaduck.
End of story.
We need to clarify here one thing: There are "two" Darkwings.
The "original" and the new one as played by Drake Mallard/voiced by Chris.
The former being the worst embodiments of Darkwings gloryhound persona, the later embodying the heroic virtues.

Though both still don't like Gizmoduck

I think that is the best part.
Both don't like Gizmoduck.
In Jim Starligns case I can understand it, he is a gloryhound.
Drake? Not so much.
It is just funny cause it seems that independent of the reality, DW will always not like Gizmoduck.

That said, I so want to see DW and Gizmoduck meet now.

he doesn't know

he knows

Even Drake Mallard has a bit of an ego. It's not nearly as extreme as Starling's, but he's pretty quick to start singing his own praises when Launchpad suggests he become Darkwing.

I read that being more jelly at Gizmo Duck, "if he can do it, why can't I?"

But seriously what's he going to do about money now?

Negaduck was always the best character of Darkwing Duck.

youtu.be/fBt3C13VAQ0

>Watchmen
>Rated R

When Darkwing said "Let's get dangerous", you knew shit just got real.

I think I was in highschool, still came out when cape movies started to get the ball rolling.

negaduck will be the one to get all the bad guys together
he'll probably figure out something
I just wonder why they'd team-up with a washed up movie star
they'd all be like: who the fuck are you and why the fuck are you in my room?

Maybe the gadgets will come from McDuck Enterprises? Scrooge is funding Gizmo Duck.

Attached: I'm putting together a team.jpg (1280x720, 207K)

Really should have seen it coming when he started wielding a chainsaw.

Attached: Negaduck_chainsaw.png (908x726, 445K)

I assume he will first return as a solo villain and that later on he plays a part in forming an alliance.

My "theory": Negaduck will try to take revenge also at some of the people who he thinks ruined his career as a movie star. That will also include Scrooge who cancelled his movie.
As such he may team up with the Beagle Boys to rob Scrooge of his money or do something else heinous to make him pay.

>these Thanos snap screen wipes

Attached: 1502497043302.png (434x380, 148K)

or when his eyes changed color

Attached: Darkwing Starling.jpg (1280x720, 85K)

So am I understanding it right that in Ducktales, the Darkwing show wasn't the same cartoon we all watched in real life, and didn't have things like his real identity or Gosalyn and shit?

Sounds like it.

Say, wasn't the original intention they had for this was having Adam West voice "tv show" Darkwing before they went with Jim Cummings instead?

Your understanding is that the 90's are fucking gone and never coming back. That's correct. We're in the protopostironymodernism stage now.

Congratulations!
You understood context.
Have a cookie.

And yeah, it wasn't. If anything the show in the Ducktales universe was more likely something akin to Adam West's Batman meeting the Shadow.

Gosalyn may also be reimagined in context of the new Ducktales as perhaps someone associated with Drake Mallard aka the "upcoming" Darkwing.

Does anyone have a clip of Diamantopolous doing any voice acting? I've seen him in so much lice action that my brain can't comprehend hom doing these voices. With other VA I can quickly pick up on who is doing the voice but for some reason I can't with him.

Attached: MV5BZDI4ZDZmMDQtZDQyNS00NTRjLTg1YzEtMGU5Yzk3NmNjZjAwXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMjI5NjA2Njk@._V1_.jpg (2504x2979, 3.27M)

Attached: sketch-1557881186311.png (1657x1080, 1009K)

Tell me about Megavolt! Why does he wear the mask?

He reminded me of Splatter Phoenix, who also had the huge eye circles, blue eyes (although it was the white part), and never shut up about her artistic vision. I wonder if they're related.

He's a big guy

I hate unironically ironic non-irony. Why can't shit just be fucking sincere again?

Attached: 1550961611268.jpg (750x1041, 421K)

It can't because people think they're smart for identifying tropes from TV Tropes

Pretty good episode. Can't wait to see more of DW.

Negaduck basing his criminal schemes on the episodes from his old TV show and Drake and Launchpad teaming up to stop him would be a good episode.

Attached: Beware-the-gray-ghost.jpg (250x187, 6K)

Now Darkwing's main nemesis is a washed up loser in his 50s

still more backstory than what the actual negaduck had.
And that "washed up loser" was still able to hold up a decent fight.

I wonder if we get him to team up with Magica and we'll have some parallels to darkwings lover Morgana
Or maybe even Morgana in the show to put against Magica even though that's going to become a little too much

Attached: Darkwing vs Darkwing.gif (600x338, 2.81M)

>Cummings

Attached: a51.gif (320x240, 832K)

I liked the Drake vs Launchpad fight, too.

Is this it for S2 or are we in a mid-season hiatus now?

hiatus again.

>Quackerjack, Megavolt, Liquidator and Bushroot also somehow become "real" villains. Idea:
I think this is the one thing that bothers me about the reboots new spin on things.
I don't mind the differences but if this Darkwing does get a major spin off, it's not really interesting storytelling for all his major rogues to have the same or similair backstory.

I don't know, maybe they can pull it off.

Why were this batch of episodes aired in this daily manner? I just started watching the show this week so I'm not familiar if this is a common practice for them.

maybe they'll use the costume from the Joe Books series

>That ending
>The reveal
When the fuck is the Darkwing Spin-off/Reboot?

Attached: Krillin eye pop.jpg (424x440, 29K)

"Embracing a binge-watching strategy"

Attached: 1558052652052.jpg (735x935, 256K)

Well Dellah is going to try taking over all piloting for the family freeing up Launchpad to go off and do his thing.

Considering the old show had TWO Negaducks, maybe the other one will be connected to the Negaverse this time.

Feels like Dark Knight Rises fight cinematography.

That was a cute moment, they way they stopped Everytime there was memorabilia around. Even stopping and actually playing with the toys.

>Dude what if we took an old cartoon everybody liked and just made it into an in-joke
>dude references
>let's have a character say the words to the theme song

Attached: vader.jpg (1052x647, 139K)

>Spoiler
Does Drake have or not have his ego? Not Jim
A non egotistial Darkwing is like a non-money loving Scrooge.
Angones seems like way too big a fan to change that.

How very Disney to show that the old is evil and the new is "the good guy."

How very Disney Star Wars.

One great thing about this episode is that it actually was a gritty re-imagining of Darkwing Duck.
I mean, OG Drake was always obsessed with being famous and showing off, and this Ducktales Drake just brings that to the extreme.

I love the blatantly bad production value this clip shows.

what do you mean by bad production value?

Drake may hold a high opinion of himself, called himself scrappy, brave, looks great in a cape, and better then gizmo duck.

Great, maybe she can stay gone. She's had two episodes as a foil to Glomgold and all she does is wast time going "nnnooo ddooonnntt".

All you need to explain Glomgold's company being in the black is one scene where he does normal stuff in like half an hour so he has the whole week to focus on Scrooge.

Drake has ego but obviously not as much as Jim. He is going to be the more heroic Darkwing and not a total gloryhound like Jim's Darkwing was.

Look at the centre of the TV, you can clearly see the cut of the tape, because in the TV show Jim played both DD and his evil counterpart, and when they meet is a special effect.

it's even funnier consiering the "same actor doubled on tape is a pretty easy trick to do.

Attached: 1457405546420.jpg (593x629, 106K)

I just want the rest of Darkwing Duck on DVD goddamnit.

How many episodes are still missing? I still have my unopened vol 1 & 2 of the DVDs from years ago.

Might come out they released the final volume of DuckTales 87 not that long ago.

I think you're really looking into it
This is references the show

It's implied in a few lines that Drake has some of OG Darkwing's fame lust; he wants a cut of the proceeds and is willing to deal with a hack director to get his big break.

>total gloryhound like Jim's Darkwing was.
Is that reboot Jim's Darkwing or original Jim's Darkwing

Actually it could be an interesting take if Drake starts bigging himself up as DW, not totally because he wants glory (although that could be a part of it), but because he loves the concept of Darkwing so much and wants to project and live up to it.

Struggling actors man. I actually don't see that as unreasonable. Besides actors are replaceable

Go sit in a pole and rotate.

I think Disney is trying to brainwash people.

Attached: 71GV79NPpZL._UL1163_.jpg (1163x999, 183K)

He said "hack" actually.

>No new episodes until September.

Why does Disney Channel keep blueballing us with Ducktales?

He says he wants toy profit so he's hungry for glory a little bit. Mostly in it for the Inspiration though

Why does drake know how to fight? I thought he was an actor

He modeled himself after his childhood hero, of course he's gonna know how to fight.

>They want grim and gritty, huh? Happy to play the part
Jim's delivery of that line was so good, bros

Attached: Screenshot_1.png (1398x1024, 516K)

So is Jim. Seems like they both did their own stunts, and part of an action movie actor's job is learning fight choregraphies. Neither of them might be amazing at fighting, but good enough to make it look good.

Also he has stood up to his bullies in the flashback, so it's not as it comes out of nowhere, it was partly explained at the very least.

September

source?

ve.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_pro2wp3Zfi1wip39k.mp4

>huey had gizmoduck as his main hero
>Dewey will have dsrkwing
Who is Louie gonna get to be his hero duck avenger?

What does he look like without the moustache?

That’s the gritty reboot version, Megavolt from the In-universe tv show looked like the classic one.

Attached: F7BFA49F-19D5-44B7-B161-74D5809CE6D3.png (285x445, 143K)

>Fuck, that's some range.
Nani?

Scrooge can always go Masked Mallard.

Does DW still have an enormous ego, or will he get that later on?

>PK and DW episode when?
>DW saves Donald from the moon

HOW CAN YOU TELL WHICH ONE IS THE VILLAIN

He is an actor so he has a bit of an ego

Judging for how Beakley was playing DW to Launchpad some episode ago, she could give Drake some tips.

This is the best thing to come out of nu-Tales

need a Keep Calm and Get Dangerous shirt

Fuck you Vader don't be a cunt

Paperinik

>post best easter egg
My vote is Ludwig's color song being the code in the doomsday vault

Attached: 1554815157653.png (956x737, 759K)

>Also, nice Powerline reference with Dewey.

So A Goofy Movie already happened in this Timeline and Max must be an adult. That'll be interesting.

color song?

At best he'll be 10-20 years younger than Donald

Good for her. Guess all the Nephews have a potential girlfriend after that... god I hope not, romance in kids cartoons sucks.

>Darkwing, there is only one way to get rid of Negaduck

Attached: Dog Gordon.jpg (1366x768, 130K)

Funny, you know? I was betting Negaduck will appear in this episode, and I was right. Only this is a twist I have never guessed.

I have really confusing feelings about this, you know? Makes me think about the episode where Darkwing's good and bad sides were separated. I mean, it's sad for the original Darkwing Duck to become his greatest enemy (quite ironic since this seems to relate to the "Darkwing Duck's episode" saw at the beginning of the episode, before the show was cancelled).

I mean, Jim was like half of the original Darkwing Duck, and Drake was the other half. Just like the episode where Darkwing Duck was plitted into his good and bad sides.

And there was a short commercial with a few scenes from upcoming episodes and a "see you in September" end.

>Dog Gordon
>not Gordog

youtube.com/watch?v=vhD-DaT456w

Disney released a bunch of educational videos of songs by Ludwig. One is a song about the colors in the rainbow, which he uses as the code in the Doomsday vault. Google "Ludwig's Spectrum Song"

>Darkwing Duck is a duck

Attached: worry.jpg (193x245, 10K)

Why is the quality so bad?

Is Ludwig canon in the comics?

Was Donald even paid for starring in Scrooge's office safety videos?

Attached: McDuck Studios.jpg (1366x768, 218K)

>Donalds still getting shit on

Let him have one win

Attached: 18wb0ikj00c7wgif.gif (320x240, 3.95M)

I wish Splatterhouse wasn't a dead series, Jim voicing bad guys and evil entities is too damn good to stop.

32 cents an hour.

Why does this make me laugh?

Donald is going to fucking destroy the Moon's invasion plan.

IT's the cartoon that Von Drake premiered in for Disney to show off color TV.

>cartoon premiere
So, he isn't in the comics then

Attached: B9B0E6E9-85BB-40C6-BCD4-F4AF2E5E3DBD.jpg (500x715, 146K)

depends on the comics. In some comics he married Scrooge's other sister, but in others he didn't. and in some he doesn't appear.

He's a canon immigrant.

Just reminded me that the original DW had a color song used as a secret access code too, although not the same one.

>"Now neither of us will be virgins!"

Isn’t being married to Matilda McMuck just Rosa’s personal headcanon and never official?

Attached: DAA0AB25-B3E2-483C-827A-416013C6B4EE.jpg (180x216, 12K)

wasn't that the code that Gosalyn was sung to as a kid to power that thing that asploded Tauros Bulba?

Good question, I'd have to look it up, but it's not on any of the official trees at least which is why it isn't canon in this show.

It's one of the endless headcanons that Rosa whines nonstop to get it accepted as canon.

I hope Gosalyn makes it to nu-Ducktales so I can see this gem shitposted over and over.
youtube.com/watch?v=-ZdLbiF9gCo

Negaduck is basically Reverse Flash.

I just heard something funny. Somebody commented that Drake as the new Darkwing Duck, alongside Gizmo Duck and Storkules, could become like Ducktales' own version of the Avengers. Actually, it would be more addecuate like Darkwing's team "Justice Ducks". And the funny thing is, they are actually right!! Think about them:

+ Darkwing Duck/Captain America: Regular guys with no incredible superpowers, but sheer willpower.
+ Gizmo Duck/Iron Man: Smart technological guys who wear a battle armor.
+ Storkules/Thor: Ancient Mythological heroes and sons of Gods.

We could even add a few more characters to the mix:
+ Donald/Hulk: Don't you remember Mickey's short "Splitted Personality"? All Donald's anger was removed from him and created an unstoppable behemoth full of rage, just like Hulk.
+ Morgana Macawber/Black Widow: The female member of the team.

What do you think?

Donald after he’s forced to down some nanites.

Attached: 2D52D628-747B-4F9A-9E55-299450B125FB.jpg (250x250, 17K)

Donald and Della as Hawkeye and Blackwidow they are “normal” but they are experienced adventurers.

Attached: 435ADFB8-F0F5-48B4-BC85-B9874D349232.gif (600x338, 2.46M)

Donals could beat the everliving crap out of a nanite powered Beaks. Remember, he fought and defeated Gizmo Duck's possesed suit during the shadow wars.

Wouldn't Donald just be the Duck Avenger

Funny, I forgot about this guy. Maybe if he redeems himself somehow, he could be this team's Hulk.

What superhero is Duck Avenger based on?

There's not gonna be a Duck Avenger ever. Donald Duck is and will only need to be Donald Duck, and that is more than enough.

Except when he needs to be Don Cheadle, apparently.

And a room full of shadow creatures, by himself.

Attached: 2B7BC78C-782B-4FF3-BFCA-CDDE0CBB1AAD.gif (640x360, 873K)

Am I the only one who thinks Anselmo would've gave a better delivery?

I ment that Donald would drink the nanite serum to become the incredible Dulk.

>Splatter Phoenix

Great character, fucking best goddamn name.

Please let me forget that shit user. Bringing in a mediocre celebrity voice actor. What a way to ruin a finale.

>mediocre
U kiddin', right

>Implying Don Cheadle’s delivery was good
Get some standards man

He even shares the same name man. I just don't see how he can even be bad. He's an actual actor in film unlike everyone else involved in production. I mean Dr Who? Seriously? Fuck that guy.

>Donald needing nanites to beat the shit out of anything

You show your hand too much.

Instead of being powered up by the nanites, it's Donald himself who would power up the nanites themselves.

Guys!!! Something I didn't notice until now. During Drake Mallard's flashback when he was a kid, didn't you see something familiar on the bully who beated him? I think that could be Herb Muddlefoot, looking similar but taller than his son Tank.

This video was the first time I ever heard Simple and Clean in my life. I finally pay attention to Kingdom Hearts and my first thought was "Wait, why does this sound like the Gosalyn shitpost video?"

What if get this, instead of child Gosalyn we get adult Gosalyn as the grown up actress from the original show.

who's the asian guy

Scrooge is Nick Furry.

Attached: 6AFE621E-353A-4F0B-9810-216C86FFF421.jpg (591x421, 277K)

As long as adult Gosalyn is a midget who plays little brats, I'm fine with it.

Does adult Gosalyn get along with Scrooge or Donald? Did she work with Beakley?

Diabolik

And she hooks up with Drake Mallard.

>Diabolik
Wait, seriously? I didn't know that. I thought he was based on a gender-bent Catwoman.

Nah Darkwing will still have asshole moments, I mean did you hear him talk about Gizmo Duck.

As a huge Darkwing fag I loved every minute of that. There was sincerity there that I thought a lot of nu-Ducktales was lacking.

Great origin story for NegaDuck and Darkwing himself. I really hope they do something with this in the future, either a reboot or just some more episodes.

We saw Quackerjacker, Liquidator and Megavolt on the TV show but we never saw Bushroot. Just saying.

>Jim's slow transition from his Darkwing voice into his Negaduck voice for that scene

It wasn't just good, it was SO good.

youtube.com/watch?v=7PoLKvu8wGw

Goddamn perfect.

also there is a super grow formula in the arctic that would totally give someone plant powers if they fell into it

so jim cummings isn't the voice actor of the new darkwing? i'm not sure how to feel about this

during the episode starling felt more like the real darkwing while drake felt like a copy. if that's the point i don't get why they would do it?

Jim Cummings is voicing the old actor who becomes Negaduck

He was alright. It’s far from being bad but I’d much rather we’d have gotten someone whose done voice work and has a hardcore voice. Like fuck imagine if he had Spike Spiegals voice?

I get your point, pal. But I believe this is actually as Darkwing Duck's essence was divided into two parts: The gloryhound with big ego (which eventually turned to the dark side) and the true hero who wants to do right (which remained the good side). This is like in the original series, when Darkwing was divided between his good and bad sides.

By the way, did you notice something funny in Drake Mallard's flashback as a kid? Didn't you see something familiar on the bully who beated him? I think that could be Herb Muddlefoot, looking similar but taller than his son Tank.

drake had darkwings old backstory down to being inspired by darkwing when he was a bullied kid

Still disappointed they killed off Ludwig. It looks like he's not part of the family anymore.

i though the sunglasses were a nod to robert downey jr's old promotional pics

Don't be so sure, pal. They said he passed away, but just like Della, there's no body to confirm it. Therefore, we could have an unexpected twist here.

Eh that’s just one voice really unless you watch Gurren Lagan than you get Gay Spike.

I was thinking that was Herb. This is gonna be fun when we see Darkwing Duck again in, oh, a year or so

He’s got like six or seven voices and he’s pretty flexible. I mean Spike isn’t Wolverine isn’t Gay Spike. He’s got range on him at least enough to be considered pretty good in America

He still Gets Negaduck which let’s be honest, has the better lines.

We did see Bushroot in this episode but yeah I was hoping he was gonna be in the real world since Reg is a really good character

At least one official Disney book rolled with it. Only reason Don wasn't able to get him on the tree was because the editor at Egmont had a huge hateboner for him, seeing Ludwig as redundant to Gyro.

Bushroot has to be tragic. He wants to do good for the environment but it fails and he feels he needs to take matters into his own hands.

Believe me, I would love to be wrong. Professor Ludwig Von Drake has grown in me over the years. However, there's a difference between gone missing and passing away.

Given the circumstances, everyone assumed Dellah died. Here, they acknowledge Ludwig passed away as if they attended his funeral and saw the casket go into the ground.

And even if he is still somehow alive, he's not part of the family anymore.

Everyone is a part of scrooge's family

Heh, actually, I think we will see him again in the last episodes of this season.

The Season 2's finale will surely be about the Moon's inhabitants invading Earth. And with an alien invasion, I can't avoid rethink about the "Avengers' theory" I said before; with the team being assembled just like in the first movie of the Avengers.

sketch to finish

Attached: Screenshot_36.png (784x1231, 182K)

kino

>Don't eat the toner!!

Don't know if they mean that literally or figuratively.

That was great. They got everything I loved about Darkwing right. The heroics, the ego, the cartoon violence...and Chris Diamantopoulos was fantastic. Hopefully if they do reboot it, we'll get Cummings as Negaduck full time. He seemed to enjoy it.

For a big finale though, being just “okay” doesn’t really cut it.

i get what they are doing with the story, i just don't understand why they are replacing jim cummins as the VA for darkwing in the first place? jim cummins is in the show, why the need to replace him with a different voice actor? why change drake's personality at all?

his personality didnt seem that different.

I guess it's what it takes making a reboot decades later from their original time. You have to "upgrade" with the times. It's just like the voices of the triplets, I prefer their classic voices over these new ones. Still, they turned them into kids from nowadays; and the original voice actor was used for the voice of Kid Donald in the Christmas' special. (He even said "Wackarooney".

people don't live forever and while it's not going to be cummins doing DW anymore, chris voice acting was spot on and the transition from his regular voice into DW's is amazing to the point that you can't tell the difference .

he felt like he has a little less of an ego in this episode

remember the og darkwing episode where he and gosalyn go to a comic convention?
or that one time where he tries to beat gosalyn in the whiffle boy tournament? og darkwing had a huge ego

the only way i can explain the voice actor change is that they are really doing a reboot down the road and they feel like jim cummings is going to be too expensive/old/problematic or whatever

drake still has an ego. he wants a cut of the toy sales and he hates gizmoduck and thinks hes better

Maybe he's just getting to old

Where can I find some translated PK comics?

google bankin the duck

Like this new origin story, I hope if this end being a reboot show, they keep the Goslyn Origin in tact it's to sweet to change, this also where we say goodbye to Launch Pad.

Attached: G and W.png (400x416, 111K)

Post it whenever you get done in a duck thread it's looking great

delete this

Hot damn I love this show.
I liked this episode way better than the DW one, come at me bro.

Attached: 14.mkv_snapshot_18.13_[2019.05.17_20.30.35].jpg (222x332, 26K)

The new OC is dumb and just makes the show more convoluted. This isn't Marvel or DC, we don't need so many characters in a story. I hate how Disney just tries to copy them

Do you ship them by any chance

yes with violet

You know?, the original Darkwing turning into NegaDuck remembered me another episode from the original series. "Time and Punishment", where a future version of Darkwing Duck became corrupted and turned into "DarkWarrior Duck".

>his also where we say goodbye to Launch Pad.
why?

Because is very probable that Launchpad will stop being Scrooge's pilot to join Drake as the sidekick of the new Darkwing Duck. Therefore, the role of pilot will be passed to Della.

However, I believe Launchpad and Darkwing will still appear regularly in the reboot.

He's as clumsy and prone to theatrics as his predecessor.

I seriously doubt they'll get rid of launchpad. Isn't he liked a lot by fans? I like him a lot

I'm posting on /u/ about them as we speak.

He's barely been in any episodes in S2

Let Webby have more girl friends you douche, she doesn't always have to follow the boys around.

Then add Gosalyn (DW), Pistol Pete (goof troop), or April, May, and June (3C, Daisy's Nieces) instead of some OC

which is a shame. I hope webby leaves as we have della to fill her role

If I was milking something I make it a Spin off show, have them move to Saint Canard and probably keep some of the story line in tact.

Me too, pal. But I never said they get rid of him. I said he will become Darkwing Duck's sidekick, and probably move to St Canard. Which means, he won't appear so regularly in the series anymore. Instead, he will have regular appearances as Darkwing Duck's pilot and sidekick.

The role of Scrooge's pilot will be passed to Della. This has been her very first appearance in an animated series, so fans will be clearly focused in seeing her alongside her kids and the rest of her family.

I even have an idea about a potential crossover that involves a competition between pilots from different cities: Della from Duckburg, Launchpad from St Canard, and Baloo from TaleSpin.

>I hope webby leaves
Fuck you.

That reminds me, she's a fan of Darkwing Duck now, right? They definitly need to meet.

Now I want to see Morgana

Why didn't Webby accompany LP to the signing instead of Dewey? Is it because they needed to advance the plot and she would've got in the way

>Negaduck uses some invention by Gyro to turn the fictional characters real
Not unlike the original Darkwing episode "Film Flam," then. Perfect.

We need Webby to leave. We must have Webxit.

We need Webby to leave

Attached: KxDq3981nNBS886fn6eDHAfur6CKPdFfdBiieYbG7Zw.jpg (512x268, 27K)

Forgot to quote, but still burn in hell.

Webby will have an orgy.

>Webxit.
Based

My Gub'nar

>Baloo from TaleSpin.

You Mean Baloo from Cape Suzette, and yeah I'd be down seeing Baloo school Both Launch Pad and Della.

Attached: Overdrive.gif (320x240, 2.71M)

I want to see Morgana and the rest of the superheroe team, we already have Gizmo.
Maybe HUSH can act as a S.H.I.E.L.D. and make the team happen

>Makes me think about the episode where Darkwing's good and bad sides were separated.
Aye.

Makes me wonder if Jim is actually Negaduck 1, and Negaduck 2 will arrive later on.
The Negaverse is too fun an idea to throw away.

Fuck you're right Jim was the Show off, self centered Dick and Drake was the Heroic brave side of the Original Darkwing Duck

I preferred the DW episode, but that was pretty good. Violet felt like a third wheel though.

>TFW adding Lena and Violet to the gang will probably led them shipping with the triplets to dispel lesbian shipping
>Only makes lesbian shipping strong

I can't imagine they won't have the Fearsome Five return.
The question is how? They can't ALL be ex-actors and connected to the tv show.

Maybe they'll have Jim find these guys with similairish backstories and powers and then convince them to copy his old show and recruit them?

But how do you rewrite like a character like Megavolt?
It's hard to imagine him being as funny with a different characterisation as to the original.

I like this idea

Hopefully he'd be leaving for another show where he'd get a bigger part.

Jim makes a deal with Magica that brings the show characters to life if they promise to team up and kill Scrooge

Doesn't mean he's leaving, not like it would make much of a dent in the character roster at this point
I honestly don't know who's a main in this series anymore there's so many god-damn characters

That's still giving them all the same backstory. Kind of boring.

I actually like it, though it's horribly hilarious with the accusations about Jim Cummings (please note that I don't want to nuke this thread by talking about that, I just can't help but notice).
There's tons of meta ways it's funny. In the original series, Darkwing actually travels back in time to when he was a bullied kid. This future Darkwing inspires little Drake to actually become Darkwing, so Darkwing was inspired by Darkwing to become Darkwing in both version. The Negaduck twist is also funny. And original Darkwing also starts off as a regular guy who decides to fight crime but lives a normal life in the suburbs outside of that, so this character could end up being basically the same, though not an asshole like original Darkwing was.
That said in my head of course I'll stick with the original, the reboot can't have legit Megavolt and Negaduck from a mirror universe and they were my favorite characters. But as a meta joke like a lot of things from nuDucktales, it is funny and entertaining, which is all I could ask.

Dewey is the Mc
Then webby
Then louie
Then huey

At most, you'd only have to do that with Megavolt, Liquidator, and Quackerjack, as those are the only ones we've seen in that old show. They could be brought to the real world by an unrelated thing, and whatever, you have three villains with one origin story. Bushroot could have a different origin, and we already have one for Negaduck.

I don't think it's such a big deal to have 3 villains share an original. And DW has a much bigger rogue's gallery than just the Fearsome Five.

His time will come.

Attached: 1538669826833.jpg (2500x1709, 1.54M)

Also, there's the time of Mega-NegaDuck. NegaDuck's brain combined with all the power of the Fearsome Five, turning into one of the most dangeroues villains Darkwing ever faced. Only one to match him was Taurus Bulba's cyborg form.

>Only reason Don wasn't able to get him on the tree
No:
>Don Rosa stated that he wanted to have Matilda married to Ludwig von Drake, since he liked the character and felt that would be the only means of Ludwig becoming Donald Duck's uncle. However, several of his fellow artists and editors (including Bob Foster and Carl Barks) would have none of it
Ludwig not seeing use in general is on the editor, but the Matilda thing was not just him.

Just in case anybody missed out on this gem of a game, it literally came to GOG today.

My brother.
youtube.com/watch?v=1pzyVv6jQBQ
This game is criminally obscure.

Meh, I've heard of it before, it can't be THAT good.

>Lets face it, this episode is "Metanarrative 101"

The original Darkwing Duck had a lot of meta episodes too, you know.

Damn man you just gave me flash backs
*Blow bottom insert slam power button

It also had multiple origin stories

It's Disney game on Nintendo that is NOT by Capcom.
youtube.com/watch?v=CAvzZ824XOY

>Megavolt, Liquidator, and Quackerjack
That's still three of his most memorable villains.
Feels like a limit on the stories you could tell if they're driven by some tv motive. OR their exploits would be completely disconnected from their roots.

Original Darkwing Duck would make a pretty textbook example of postmodernism for mainstream consumption.

>example of postmodernism for mainstream consumption
the fuck?

Attached: 1532539876617.png (545x521, 245K)

Honestly that shit was too good to just be a recurring background arc.

I actually really like NuDucktales but Duck Knight Rises is by and far the best episode they have made.

Will they reveal that he's related to Drake Mallard?

Maybe they'll let Wayforward make that Darkwing Duck game.

I don't why, but I felt like Dewey's Darkwing was going to be a mix of Batman 66 and Batman 89.

>PK and DW teaming up is a very likely possibility
This show has some questionable decisions and some GOAT ones but if they pull this, the show will end up being peak kino.

Season 2 has been a far cry from its initial beginnings and I'm glad I gave it another try.

Attached: Perfect.gif (500x520, 53K)

They already ruined Ducktales, why let them make another?

Because of the backup dancers or something?

Is the average executive as clueless as Scrooge was about movies?

I guess.

Unironically yes

No, Scrooge actually understood his market audience unlike the average executive.

Is it me or did they put in a shitload more DW-style cartoon slapstick in this episode? Like just to have both Cummings and Diamantopoulos do their best Darkwing-injury-gibberish nonsense

I don't want to watch nu-ducktales. I am curious. Is the twist just Darkwing is Negaduck in this story?

He wanted a moustachio villain

wrong on both accounts
the joke is just scrooge being scrooge with modern shit, hence the joke about not seeing a movie since 1938

Watch it, scrub. The episode is good enough for you.

basically
>Beloved tv actor who does his own stunts becomes villain when they decide to make a gritty reboot without him, and the new movie star of the gritty reboot becomes the new irl Darkwing Duck

have you not seen the amy pascal emails

I say yes, Drake had a piano fall on him.

Attached: 28A991A5-F75E-4F0A-86BE-5F70199DCDA9.jpg (1280x720, 104K)

>grim and gritty Darkwing Duck

Attached: Gosalyn.jpg (1080x730, 2.09M)

Or I could ask and sedate my morbid curiosity and not watch a nostalgia click bait episode in an already bad nostalgia click bait show. Or I could do one better and rewatch the original. Or I could do even better than that and rewatch Dark Wing Duck. Or I could do even better than that and go read Paperinik.

Thank you.

Yup.

Attached: 1188521167167.jpg (292x302, 62K)

>Donald
>Normal
He could probably kick Darkwing's ass.

especially this Darkwing since he’s just an actor.

How does it feel to go through life being such a miserable cunt

I gave nu-tales a try. It sucks. I am sorry the truth hurts.

You must be a hit at parties you downer fuckup.

Season 2 improves it alot.
It's better then the original which beyond the fantastic animation by japanese sweat shops, wasn't that great.

Original Ducktales wasn't that great

>I am sorry the truth hurts
Your subjective opinion can hardly be called 'truth', specially when you've proven the kind of worthless, vindictive sack of shit you are.

any examples?
I remember binging the entire series but nothing comes to mind with that claim

Maybe once he starts in the superhero biz Drake will get a little more ego. They did spruce aa few hints here and there when he comments in how he's better than gizmoduck and that slide about wanting a share of the toy sales.

sorry, i'm not part of nu/co/ that's into that or pic related
i just don't give a shit about it

Attached: outrage farming.png (817x208, 36K)

That shit was super old before e-celeb's were getting big and was in national news.
You literally are just saying a bunch of buzzword in an attempt to sound superior and failing miserably.

Attached: Loss of Words.png (346x360, 52K)

the best part about it, listen to the notes when the piano keys are falling out. They are the first notes of the Darkwing Duck intro.

For joules.

I'm just happy everything worked out for Jim Cummings. The guy is genuinely sweet.

you know was watching some fight scenes and everything felt off. The animation was smooth and shit but the style felt so lifeless at parts. Like they focus on trying to be real too much where only the slap stick felt like a ducktales/Darkwing duck episode. I guess thats the modern style now, but I do miss the over exaggeration that the modern cartoons are missing. Well I am too old anyways but its good too see the old shows making a comeback. I sure hope they turn up the exaggeration/bollyhoo more.

you shut your whore mouth.
It was great enough to make a reboot after decades being out of syndication!

>Director was voiced by Edgar Wright

Its the little things

Attached: 1533751723406.jpg (1024x574, 65K)

He went pretty fascist psycho when he thought he lost her, imagine what would he have done if she had died like that?

>bait
The duck comics were great enough to make a show about you mean. Also the show only got greenlit when they pitched it as another Gravity Falls with kids, which the original wasn't.

Attached: Fearsome Four.png (993x762, 1.62M)

Maybe i'm jusr too much of a snob but I tried watching 5 minutes of this since i'm a big fan of Darkwing Duck but I cannot tolerate these horrendous character designs and mediocre animation. Why does everything lack detail.

I thought about NegaDuck when he did that and I still didn't see it coming, goddamn.

The worst part is that the flashback in this episode, and the credits in the christmas episode had more appealing character design

you are bait, the show was known millions wide, they brought back the theme song and revamped it, stop you bullshitting.

Attached: 1554937687830.jpg (625x626, 34K)

its not that it lack detail, it lacks heart, and tries to be serious all the time.

Honestly, hearing Jim Cummings in this cartoon and then hearing the other VAS it's became glaringly obvious how badly the others were lacking in skill.

you know calling someone else bait while you are baiting is simply the worst way to troll.

This. I found the characterizations terribly one note as well and Original Darkwing's turn to madness was rushed.

I'm genuinely surprised that this twist is generally so well-recieved, especially on Yea Forums.

I mean, I'm a massive DW fan and a new voice actor for Drake Mallard was pretty much inconceivable to me. But then the episode happened, Jim Cummings stays on as Negaduck, it really feels like a compromise with both new and old fans in mind.

while i did like said scene, im sad to see him become joke villian

Attached: 1418863397118.jpg (529x566, 36K)

thing is about new fans, why would new fans even know about the VA with Darkwing duck? If they stuck with Jim new fans wouldnt know about it.

I gotta admit I am slowly turning around to love this show

Attached: HACKERMAN.gif (600x338, 3.7M)

drake's voice actor was pretty good I honestly thought it was jim doing his darkwing

I'll be honest, when I watched the episode, I thought that Jim Cummings was doing Drake Mallard's voice when he started being DW, and didn't realize he wasn't until this thread.

There's some different inflections but overall he's good

you know ai felt the same just that Jim steals the show for me. Its ok though, DW isnt the star of Ducktales so we wont see him in the future.

The most unrealistic thing about that scene is the hoverboard not exploding.

I love how they set this episode up for purist fags. They make you want to like the actor guy because, NOT ONLY does he want/like the original Darkwing BUT he has THE VOICE. Then when they reveal that the new guy is named Drake Mallard like in the original show?! Coupled with how the oldfag Darkwing is actually named Jim like Jim Cummings?! Holy Shit. Kino is almost an understatement in coolness. Way calculate the ideal situation to hand off the voice. Kudos.

Attached: negaduck_2018_version_by_sup_fan_dccs5g3-pre.jpg (1192x670, 60K)

I can't believe he still got it.

>Dude references!
>EXPECTATIONS = SUBVERTED

Attached: soylent.png (1159x665, 231K)

True, he wasn't bad at all and he really hit those DW notes but Cummings is in a whole other level.

Hell everyone in the original Darkwing show was in a whole other level but I guess that's because they were professional VAs and they know how to exaggerate their voice. Nowadays a lot of VAs are just regular TV or movie actors doing voices for animation (even though this show does have some professional VAs like Drake's VA).

Not gonna lie, my dick got hard when Drake wrote his autograph.

Did you just spoil it ya dumb retard

>Yea Forums told me that anything that subverts expections is bad so it must be true

What do you expect from a pro who's been doing great work for 30 years. Dude is easily top 10 of GOAT VA's

It's bad because it was lazy. He goes from egotistical actor to psychopath in five minutes for no real reason.

His name of Jim Starling (and I know it's because of the VA and the bird) still takes me out of it since I keep thinking about Jim Starlin (Thanos' creator).

>implying there is any difference

> I hate cool and fun things because they aren't complex and 100% unpredictable. Stupid plebs!

Ok user, being you must be real suffering. Lol.

Attached: badeente_1001227_0.jpg (320x320, 64K)

That character shows up in the Boom! comics, and he's called Commissioner Nordog.

When was he ever an arsehole?

it gets even sadder when you consider that the Darkwing Duck comics revealed that the "main" DW is the only version of him in the entire multiverse who hasn't lost his Gosalyn

jesus no wonder I didnt know about the comics, this shit is too much for a kids cartoon.

That sends bad signals for the one in Ducktales.

Just throwing some ideas out there:

>The Rodent Ranger's Rescue!
Professor Nimgull modifies one of Gyro's inventions into a hyper evolutionary ray! A lazy house pet is transformed into a ruthless crime boss, but five garden pests become an unlikely band of heroes.

>Ire of the Tiger!
Scrooge considers buying a delivery company in Cape Suzette before rival billionaire Shere Khan can beat him to the punch.

>Scourge of the Suburbs!
Donald takes his family to go visit an old friend in Spoonerville, but problems arise when he learns an old rival lives right next door.

>Beyond Bonkers!
Fenton's mother faces nonstop chaos when a cartoon character brought to life insists on joining the Duckburg Police Department.

>The Stone Sentinels of New Stork City!
Scrooge travels to Manequacken to investigate rumors about rival billionaire David Xanagoose, only to discover the island is protected by magical creatures who turn to stone during the day.

>Arabian Fights!
In the deserts of Waddle Arabia, Magica seeks out the feline sorceress Mirage to enhance her mystical might.

>Heart of the Hockey Heroes!
When Gyro's dimensional transporter allows alien reptiles to invade Duckburg, Fenton must equip a local hockey team with high tech gear to defeat them.

the one in ducktales hasnt met his goslyn yet. argones said a darkwing without goslyn is no darkwing

He was always a snarky character that would constantly take jabs at people.

Yea the Multiverse Darkwings having that moment seeing some version of their daughter alive again. Right in the feels.

Gotta say, I stopped watching the show a few months ago. Watched this episode and thought it was great, hopefully DW (Drake) becomes a recurring character.

So is this show any good?
Keep in mind that I haven't read the comics or watched the original show.

Attached: 1473245076813.png (272x269, 46K)

this actor is well trained. I mean take chris evans, the dude has to know some moves. Of course he actually trained his body to do all that too.

to be fair that's just among all the Darkwings who participated in that event

pretty good overall, although if Xanatos were to have a Duckverse counterpart, I think it'd be better if he was a different animal, we have too many bird billionaires as it is

also the DT crew have mentioned that they aren't allowed to use Rescue Rangers(as it has a movie in development), and using anything from the Mighty Ducks cartoon is iffy as the rights for that show are kinda in limbo due to Disney selling off the real world Hockey team that formerly used that name

as was the fight between Dark Warrior Duck and Quiverwing Duck

If you have No issue with personal politics then yes, its a very good show.

Attached: serveimage (2).jpg (1908x2005, 1.43M)

Exactly, that's what people are getting confused.

Not everything from the original tv show happened in the in-universe Ducktales version.

What was part of the in-universe show:
>Bushroot, Megavolt, Quakerjack and Liquidator
>DW's classic outfit as well as the Ratchatcher & Thunderquack
>Paddiwack possesing Mr. Banana Brain
>Theme songs and catchphrases

What we know WASN'T part of the show:
>Negaduck
>Gosalyn, Launchpad or any sidekicks.
>FOWL and SHUSH (While SHUSH was shown in a billboard, we know both it and flow are actual real organizations in the world of Ducktales from previous episodes)

So basically, we must go in a rule of "If Ducktales doesn't show or states a particular DW element happened in the show, that element has the chance that didn't happen and, in turn, could be something the now real-superhero Darkwing may face in the future.

Make a synopsis that's an adaptation for World of Illusion to give a reason for Mickey to show up.

That describes most characters, though.
Not really asshole behavior.

It always struck to me as weird that Mickey never had a show in Disney Afternoon

He modeled himself after the Darkwing who he watched on TV.

Also, we don't know how much of a career Drake had before being hired for the role of Darkwing for the gritty reboot. For all we know, he could have started as a stunt double or a small role in an action flick or something.

are you turning ducktales into an MCU filled with 90s cartoons? Did you throw in gargoyles in there?

Mickey is offlimits.

Mickey’s home town of Mouseton was mentioned once.

to be honest you are right. Mainly because mickey is too happy and cheerful unless he is like his mickey shorts and does a lot of slap stick with donald. Because he in ducktales would only work if he was a goody too shoes that got himself into too much trouble and got punished for it. We dont want another Kingdom Hearts mickey here.

Disney is EXTREMELY stingy with how Mickey is used, with Kingdom Hearts being the only exception

Looks like shit and it wont age as well as the original but it has it's moments

I really dig that Chris uses two voices for Drake. when his normal self he sounds much softer but still with a slight DW inflection and when he is acting as DW he goes into a full Jim impression.

it really sells the civilian/superhero bit more since in the original, Drake and DW sounded the same.

Kingdom hearts was supposed to star Mickey. So even then disney was really hesitant.

>it really sells the civilian/superhero bit more since in the original, Drake and DW sounded the same.
kind of like how actors now change their voice as batman.

yeah since he was a company mascot they didnt want any negative characterization of the mouse. Now they seem to be more lax woth Mickey Shorts.

It really feels like S1 was mostly a way to set everyone's roles so now S2 can go much further with them.

I liked t. It's a nice way to establish how accident prone and resilient DW is. Cartoons these days are way softer with physical violence, so maybe this was a way to ease younger viewers in the concept that Dw can take a TON of pain that in other cases it could get someone like the Nephews killed.

If there's ever a spinoff, that's a good thing since having a new DW show without slapstick would be weird.

>It really feels like S1 was mostly a way to set everyone's roles
Well duh.

I know, I meant in the idea that they decided to play it very subdued on S1 probably to test the waters on what they could or could not do.

S2 feels like they have way more freedom to go crazier.

And even then it was SQUARE who wanted Mickey as the protagonist. Disney wanted DONALD because they were too iffy about the idea of Mickey beating bad guys with a weapon.

It was Nomura who decided to find a middle ground and created Sora.

I just hope the exaggerate a bit more instead of being cool.

Clearly Mickey should have been the mage and Donald the brawler

Which is dumb. It's a cartoon. Treat it like one, if you cannot establish your characters after 1 or 2 episodes than you are a failure. The exception is if your dealing with a really complex character but this is a show about talking ducks. Cartoons are now becoming regular TV shows and I'd hate to see that happen with these Disney characters. Keep t wacky and nonsensical.

which is weird since disney didnt mind square using the 3 musketeers for dream drop.

this, I mean ducktales had a timemachine run by popsicles

I'm enjoying it a lot, but if you have no prior knowledge of the original then I encourage you to just watch a bunch of episodes and see for yourself

and also post your thoughts on it, I'm curious what someone without nostalgia thinks of the show

Talespin and Goof Troop are very possible with these ideas.
Bonkers can stay dead. Aladdin will die with live action. Gargoyles deserves its own reboot not related. I want the mighty ducks one cause I liked that show but it would never happen. Also why leave out Little Mermaid if you're gonna include Aladdin. Shit why not Pooh if we're just going off 90s disney shows.

Yeah man. I remember reading all about the things this franchise was working on before it came out. Then when we saw sora’s design and the absence of Mickey overall it was pretty obvious the kinds of shots that were called .

Attached: 2EF59A72-D521-483C-B731-FC7F940FBA49.jpg (592x672, 24K)

Loved how they did the classic cliche of the villain posing as the hero and then reversed it with an episode where Darkwing was acting like Negaduck.

Attached: 1463257900345.png (500x383, 226K)

Can't be the only one who wants a poster like this... Need someone to recreate it.

Attached: DWPoster.png (675x881, 441K)

it was made for the advent of color television, it likely only exists as an off-tv recording on bad recording hardware.

Nostalgia/animatorfag here. It's really fucking mediocre in comparison to the original and I was never even a massive fan. Aesthetically it's even worse to look at with such ugly flat designs and atrocious animation. I remember the old show having a shit ton of wacky expressions and frame by frame animation. This reboot looks like it was made by a fucking college student who can't draw and has never seen a cartoon before.

The one that caught me off guard was the fucking powerpuff girls announcer
>And so, once again, the day is saved, thanks to Gizmoduck!

The first season was also weighed down with an extraneous mystery plot around Della's disappearance to satisfy the studio's expectation that this would bring in the Gravity Falls audience.

the animation isnt bad, its just lacking in life. they jusy make it too flat

Almost no animated series has that level of quality anymore. As far as today's TV/streaming animation goes I'd say it's above average.

>How many episodes are still missing?
The thought is the "Hot Spells" episode is an issue, but surely if that was the case they'd just omit it.

Quite frankly I'm hoping for a remaster to be rolled out (yes even if it's restricted to streaming only... for the time being I'd hope) like they did with Goof Troop and Rescue Rangers.

>animation that lacks life
so...bad animation. I don't think i've seen a single smear in the few episodes I watch.

Maui Mallard and his alter ego, Cold Shadow

you might be two blahzeè about it, its smooth and consistent but since its cartoon ducks there isnt enough exaggeration except in slap stick. Basically all the rooms houses back grounds look too real world where Old Ducktales it looked like a light toontown.

We don't enslave ten thousand Japanese or Koreans or Chinese to do in-betweens anymore, and we haven't developed a computer software to do in-betweens yet. So it looks flat.

>two blahzeè
too blahzeè

pretty much and but if they bring back the style of animating with people like harry partridge thay could fix it.

or go the route Rise of the Ninja Turtles does and be more stylized it can work

What are you talking about? Almost all animation is still sent to Korea. Do you think it's all in-house? What is this, the 1940's?

It's still outsourced, but the contracts are so much smaller-scale than they once were. In the 90s we had literal armies of animators doing this shit.

>tfw TMS will probably never do American TV animation again which is a shame since they were interested in doing more Animaniacs. Whoever is doing it now cannot possibly be on par with the Lupin guys

As with many things, software could herald a new golden age at least. Get a complex algorithm to figure out in-betweens, or otherwise enslave an AI.

Well, that is what the Walt Disney company has been trying to develop for the last few years. The chances for it are good that it will be made available in the next decade, but for now, it's still not really on the level of hundreds of low payed Asian animators with insane work hours.

By then KH was already a success. Disney was scared of using Mickey at all on KH1, it's also with Mickey only shows up at the very end.

By the time of Chain of Memories they saw people were ok with Mickey swinging a keyblade around so they were able to do more with him.

Then how are they doing those new big budget Looney Tunes shorts if they don't have the software for in-betweens? They're made digitally and seem to have in-betweens

Go away, Famicom.

That software they showed off with Paperman looked good, what's going on with that?

>Big budget

Your words, not mine. You can still get high quality, if you're willing to pay for it. But there was a time when you could "simply" put people through hell to get quality for cheap.

I had an idea for an episode that would have Evil Manta from Little Mermaid, but when I looked it up, I realized that it was never technically part of the Disney Afternoon block.

Manually, they're spending a relative shitload on them.

Saves animation

youtube.com/watch?v=R2HM8fbuK9U

Honestly it would just be easier to do a plot with Mickey and Donald (Possibly Goofy) teaming up to take down the Phantom Blot a la the Mickey Mouse Works/House of Mouse Shorts from the early 2000s, especially if Pete is 'retired' if they do adapt Goof Troop, and the Phantom Blot is an iconic foe of the Mouse. Plus I think he even appeared in the OG Ducktales.

>Plus I think he even appeared in the OG Ducktales.
That he did.
kimcartoon.to/Cartoon/DuckTales/Season-01-Episode-063-All-Ducks-on-Deck?id=12183

I honestly like that every character has their own villain this season.

Scrooge - Glomgold
Donald/Della - Lunaris
Gizmoduck - Mark Beaks
Launchpad/Darkwing Duck - Negaduck

Don’t know the triplets’ villain, since they’re mostly tagalongs for the formers episodes. The girl’s group is Magica/Shadows.

Duck show ranking
LOTTC > DT season 2 > OG Ducktales > Quack Pack > DT Season 1

>The purple Ducktales logo
That's when I knew it was gonna be awesome

Agreed. Even if Lunaris is Season 2’s final boss, everyone still has their own villain they have to deal with.

This seems disrespectful to the source material
Why even bring Jim Cummings back if he isn't even voicing Drake Mallard?

Because he's happier voicing Jim Sterling/OG Darkwing Duck/Negaduck.

WHEN ARE WE GETTING THE REBOOT DISNEY?!

Attached: Mightyduckslogo_930.jpg (249x265, 16K)

his frustration was already implied though when he though dewey was there to see him and was happy to see that younger generations still watched his show only to find out that it's always the same old guys there, he is being forgotten by new generations and then on top of that someone else takes over acting his character in a reboot

Careful what you wish for

I don't give a fuck if they turn heel, i just want a Mighty Ducks reboot.

Hey, can any of you anons help me find this one DWD fanartist I discovered through an old DT thread here on Yea Forums? All I remember is that they had a tumblr and drew a bunch of gay pairings (I think Megavolt and Quackerjack was one of the big ones, but don’t quote me on that). Their art was really well done and I’d love to see it again. Sorry this is so vague

was just about to ask you anons if that world could mingle with the others ones. I guess it could?

The people who made it are huge into DD
It was way better then their other character appearances

How can you tell that they're into Darkwing Duck?

Suck gas, evildoer

Attached: IMG_1826.jpg (650x366, 54K)

This looks awful
Darkwing looks too flat
go look at frontal shots of him from the real version and tell me this doesn't look awful as all get out

>How can you tell
They said it?

when?

>Jim Cummings
Don't treat him like he's Adam West the dude is still the voice of 75% of all animated shows

Not going to lie watching Jim being such a has been hurt

If done right and isn't forced, its cute.

Louie’s villain is probably himself, considering he’s learning now to be like Goldie.

source? I've never heard him before this

Only if you've never watched a cartoon before.

imdb.com/name/nm0191906/?ref_=fn_al_nm_1#actor

That's not a bad way to get around the size problem for the Rangers. I kinda liked the whole secret rodent civilization thing but what the hell, it's a big world.

While we're at it, a proper Gummi Bears episode'd be nice. Maybe the descendants of the main cast show up pissed off about the great book getting damaged.

I mean it's a pastiche of pulp and superheroes that frequently parodies other works and cliches.
That's all pretty unremarkable now but it fits.

Was partially expecting the new Darkwing to be the villain. He was the "number one fan constantly shunned by his idol" which is a classic villain origin. Then Jim crossed the line at some point and became fucking crazy even before the end of it

user I think you might need to post this again

>Scrooge being the direct or indirect cause of most of this world's superheroes
I expected it with Gizmoduck but not Darkwing II/non actor darkwing, dont mind it though.

How did they manage to do Liquidator in the TV show without cgi?

Dog in a suit?

I haven't seen any of these before user

I agree with you user, but this ep was good. Mostly nu-DT sucks because they don't care for the source material, but as this ep shows, they clearly do care for Darkwing Duck

Guy in a blue suit and some cheap edits to get around the fact they were using water hoses.

>going with the fucking videogames as an excuse to have a Mickey plot
you know they'd absolutely do that, to pander to people like you who have no idea about Mickey's history

Would it have been better if The old Darkwing is implied to be the exact same Darkwing of the 90's cartoon, just it's live-action in nu-DT, or was Darkwing already a thing before the cartoon?

They shoved DW in a Ducktales show, the new designs for the DW characters are a lot more faithful, they used the original voice actor, while originally seeming to be changing the DW premise radically we now discover they were setting up almost literally the same premise with just a touch more backstory, they go out of their way to shit on the idea of a DW reboot, they go out of their way to lovingly establish Drake Mallard as still roughly the same character, etc.

Trust me, you see how they treated Duck comics vs how they treated DW, it's very apparent they're into it.

Go on with how they treat Duck comics

"Hey fans, are you excited for this recurring villain that's been a major part of this property for 50 years, is the second-most recurring villain against Scrooge McDuck, and we're animating for the first time? He's getting shoved in a flashback episode in Season 2.
Hey fans, are you excited about being able to see Donald in these adventures based on comics where Donald constantly has adventures? He spends season 1 in a boat and season 2 now is on the moon. Also the one time he gets a chance to have a great scene, we change his iconic voice, inadvertently shitting on a great emotional moment we ourselves wrote just 3 minutes before.
Hey fans, are you excited about us bringing a lot of comics elements? Look how we based the visuals on comic-print, look how we're name-dropping stuff early on, we even read Don Rosa! Anyway here's Disney Afternoon references and characters instead, we'll maybe do a couple comics references in Season 2, dunno.
Hey fans are you excited about us exploring the lore of Scrooge's family, an aspect that's gained a lot of online appeal? Well we decided that his parents, whose death was a super important aspect in his life according to Rosa, are actually immortal now. Oh but Ludwig Von Drake, fan-favourite cooky professor? We'll shove him in a flashback with a boring personality this episode, oh and next one he's dead.
Hey fans are you excited about Glomgold finally getting used in a manner that's faithful to the comics? Nevermind he's a fat goblin pretending to be a scot.
Hey fans are you excited about us being able to use underused characters and having a chance to pace the introduction of new characters? Nevermind, we just shoved everyone in on Season 1 already, together with making the nephews into three separate characters instead of three samey brothers, which just increases the cast further.
Hey fans how about Magica doesn't want the coin to be rich
Hey fans how about we ignore recurring villain Rockerduck but add a NEW rich g

Yeah, he looked like an obsessed stalker in the beginning. They were most likely intentionally trying to give that vibe so that people will expect him to be a Syndrome-like character, and the ending would catch them by surprise.

You've never seen the Winnie the Pooh cartoons with him playing Pooh and Tigger, or the Sonic cartoons where he plays Robotnik, or the old TMNT where he's Shredder, or movies like Aladdin, Lion King, Pocahontas or Shrek? Cummings is everywhere; a lot of his roles are just miscellaneous additional voices that don't call a lot of attention to him, but some of his roles are pretty famous ones.

Not gonna bother continue, that should be enough to give the message.
You might be ok with all those changes, but regardless, they do to me seem to indicate a big disregard for the source material, especially when comparing to the love letter this episode just was to Darkwing Duck.