Established character that people liked

>established character that people liked
>had history with the premier cosmic superhero team
>lesbian, good diversity points
>had an edgy character arc they could have re-used later
>cool sword
why didn't Marvel shill her over Danvers? I really liked Phyla in Annihilation. I even liked her as Martyr.
What do you think All New, All Different Marvel would have looked like with Phyla at them helm?

Attached: 1487944140656.jpg (442x519, 46K)

Not even comic fans know who she is.

Wanting to fuck a dragon isn't accepted by the society at large yet.

but the dragon is a qt

Attached: Heather_Douglas_(Earth-616)_from_Guardians_of_the_Galaxy_Vol_4_5_001.jpg (462x820, 145K)

Because Carol is a better, more interesting character with a longer history.
She's going to be in Guardians 3 though so keep your chin up Phylafriend.

Attached: 1487906060510.jpg (960x768, 357K)

Liking the design != Liking the character, and all Phyla has ever had is cool costumes. Plus people posting exclusively the stuff from the DnA run while claiming she as a "well liked character" just tells me they're complete newbies, since she was well established back in Captain Marvel. But then again, she didn't have a cool costume back in the day...
Also Moondragon was always way more than just the lesbian dragon, so that's something else they ruined in favor of making a space crusader girl with a hard light sword.

Attached: images.jpg (187x269, 13K)

>Guardians 3
I'd rather have Nova

Nova is coming, though? At least that's what's being rumored for a while. It's likely not gonna be Gunn in any case.

Nova is probably getting his own movie instead

I imagine they felt it'd be better to have their marquee character be an earthling first and foremost, not just because Muh Earth but also because it'd be easier to have her palling around with the Avengers and the rest of them. Imagine shoe-horning Phyla into Civil War 2 or something. Shit'd be awkward.

Attached: Phyla-Vell Explains 01.jpg (390x511, 42K)

Not with Gunn directing and he'll most likely have his own movie.

I like Phyla she struggles with her temper, she has issues about not measuring up to her father, fucks up and knows it. It's the typical cool dude archetype but with a woman and without making said woman perfect.

>nobody acknowledges her pre-D&A stuff
>only brought up to complain about Carol
>nobody cares that she and MD got replaced by alt-universe versions
Come even Judge user accepts that Phyla is a nobody

Attached: 1554173648742.jpg (1372x1952, 248K)

>nobody cares that she and MD got replaced by alt-universe versions
I actually did see some complaints about that, but those characters don't do anything in GotG, so it died out.

Have they actually said she's going to be in GotG 3?

Explain Daenerys.

Gunn isn't going to bother in a billion years after McGloin and the Dick Riderfag Army's little tantrum

Yeah I actually really like Phyla. I've recently read all the Abnett and Lanning cosmic stuff and it's funny because it seems to feature basically every cosmic hero EXCEPT Captain Marvel. I was actually tempted to pick up a Marvel Legends figure for Phyla Vell after reading through it all but as far as I can tell it seems one doesn't exist. So that's a shame.

>Gets killed off
>Replaced by an alt version
Nothing personal kid

I-It's not ?

Attached: 1493083364223.jpg (800x1132, 753K)

>Lesbian
There's your answer. The chink communists are looking for excuses to fuck shit up so Disney ain't going to chance it until the trade war cools down. Dykes and homos are only barely acceptable as side characters in the MCU right now and even then they will likely be censored out for release in the PRC.

It was already awkward and shitty when it was carol versus tony at least phyla could justify it by being an alien.