Does DC have an Avengers rip-off that they make fun of?

does DC have an Avengers rip-off that they make fun of?

Attached: 6465446.jpg (488x650, 141K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maximums
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

None I can think of besides the Retaliators and even then they don’t exactly make fun of them

Attached: 00C2C732-AFA5-4E6A-8FB1-E401B7FCA1A9.jpg (600x623, 83K)

Is this a real panel or was this edited?

Rip-offs? Yes
Make fun of? No really

Why are there so many Superman/Batman Expys in comics?

They're too classy for that.

Because everyone wishes they were Superchad and Batchad

Edited but the guy Superman replaces is already an expy so not by much

Do the Americans from The Authority count?

Was Millar writing at the time? Weird how he also just used them for some of the Ultimates

Because they are the most culturally significant ones. Despite what Yea Forums might think, Superman is still the most recognizable superhero and Batman is still the pimp daddy that rakes in the cash.
Using a Yea Forums comparison, COD or Halo or whatnot might push a million billion units, but when people think video games, Mario is still gonna be go-to example.

It's kinda hard to parody the Avengers; I mean you can do it design-wise obviously, but there's some many variable personalities with just the core members alone let alone the 'feel' of the team itself you might as well create just a random assortment of heroes mostly inspired by the JL.

yeah, I can't remember the name but their version of Thor is an abbo with a bullroarer

The Thunderer

Attached: 79C31323-928A-4D90-8036-9DE16802BE9D.jpg (435x633, 170K)

>their version of Thor is an abbo
kek, unforgivable

I feel bad for the guy.
Living in an Ultimate universe expy must be hell. I betcha most of the teams there got wiped out via volcanic eruption or something.

No. For some reason, marvel writers who are mostly fat faggots are always insecure about DC heroes being actually heroes. While DC writers couldn't care less about marvel sjwerse.

Attached: 17944ba2c5d0ae2c4465efd6f7043eab.jpg (471x560, 36K)

All of earth-8

Attached: Earth_8_0001.png (648x830, 788K)

You mean Spiderman.
Spiderman merch sells very heavy internationally.

same. does DC acquiring wildstorm make them so?

Attached: 46254-7499-53632-1-authority-the.jpg (426x640, 53K)

Tommy c’mon were all friends here.
>Earth-8
They barely expanded on it and the last time I saw them was when not-doom and not-dormammu showed up to fight the Justice League.

That’s actually a kickass design.

Fuck off with your namefag degenerates, faggot. Have you ever seen DC making fun of marvel "heroes"? No. So I'm not wrong.

But Gruewald SS didn't make fun of though. It was a great series with respect for characters

Read the thread.

In their other appearances they become cartoonish villains like trying to erase the avengers from existence

>have you ever seen DC making fun of marvel "heroes"?
Well when you come and think about it DC hasn’t really done that in a while. They mostly left these guys to their own devices with the exception being Wildstrom and I guess killing Bluejay in HiC?
I remember evil psychopathic Hyperion.

Superman is the most iconic.
Batman is the most popular.
Spider-Man is the most lucrative.

Superman is the most common and copied superhero that serves as a template for the vast majority of characters. Batman appears in virtually every comic DC puts out and he manages to make comics sell well just by being in them. Spider-Man pushes merchandise better than all of them but his comics have struggled in the past decade compared to what it once was in that ASM manages to sell well but most other spider comics fail, look at Scarlet Spider and Spider-Man and the X-Men and Spider-Man Team Up.

I think Superman is more culturally influential than Spiderman. He’s the classic hero with Super-strength, Super-Speed and Flight. Theres a bajillion different Superman Expies from Invincible to Sentry.

>DC heroes being actually heroes
Ask me how I know you don't actually read comics.

Marvel most awesome heroine and wife lives cheating on her husband with a retarded serial killer.

You won't find that in DC.

>I think Superman is more culturally influential
Supes is the most ICONIC cape, period.

But that doesn't mean people actually bother to read his comics for the most part.

Like: I saw an old interview with some of the writers who did the "Death of Superman" back in the 90's and they couldn't understand why people flipped their shit over it because, DUH, he wasn't gonna STAY DEAD for more than a year or so ( and, in fact, that was like the 3rd or 4th time he's "died" over the decades his comics had been coming out ).

Same thing happened when they killed Robin in the 80's: people who had no idea who Nightwing was pitching a hissy fit.

I don't remember a single non-heroic move from DC heroes. There were some from anti-heroes, few b/c-listers for shock value and that's all. King's bullshit doesn't count since it still hasn't end and will be retconned anyway.

What's with that fetus hulk?

>that never happens
>now let me quickly move the goalposts to exclude THE GODDAMNED BATMAN
Kek

Are we counting alternate universes? Everyone is evil if so.
main continuity JL are goody two-shoes

So, no arguments from you side. Nice to see marvelfags being marvelfags. Enjoy your beloved degenerates disguised as heroes.

Batman isn't a hero.

Yes, several. They just don't get used much. And when they do, well, if you've been reading Heroes in Crisis you've seen what happened to Blue Jay.

Fun Fact: The Squadron Supreme came about because the writers of Avengers and JLA (Roy Thomas and Mike Friedrich) wanted to do a crossover but they weren't allowed. So Roy made a heroic version of the Squadron Sinister (one off villains in the Avengers a year ago), and Mike created the Champions of Angor.

Attached: Justice-League-of-America-87-justifiers.jpg (1218x1142, 730K)

Every superhero makes mistakes.
The Flash made Flashpoint and Scarlet Witch remade decimation. We could all point fingers but with decades of continuity, all of our heroes hand is definitely soaked in a lot of blood.

That's pop culture is a nutshell. People will recognize the diamond pentagon, but they probably have not read a single comic. The brand is already burnt into the history

>The brand is already burnt into the history
Also Symbols!
Superman has his S
Batman has his Bat
Spiderman has his Spider
Cap has his Shield
GL has his Lantern
Thor has his Hammer
When you look at them you probably know who their characters are.

He's based, you pleb. Probably the coolest Multiversity character.

Why is his eyes black sometimes but other times not (If I’m not mistaken)? Does it have something to do with his power?

That's the Squadron Sinister, and they existed before the Squadron Supreme did.

That's their version of Ultimate Thor.

Marvel doesn't make fun of the Squadron Supreme. They were given a hundred and one comics as part of the MAX line and they had their own ongoing coming out of Secret Wars or whatever it was a couple of years back.

They actively shat on solely Nighthawk, though.

Well they are still a version of “le evil Justice League” but whatever DC has their own evil Avengers so its not that much of an issue.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maximums these guys, though they technically don't exist since Mister Mxyzptlk made them.

>dc heroes
>actually being heroes
Do you come from 1966?

Yes but they were never able to do a good comic about them while SS is the best JL story ever

This guy gets it.

Huh, they actually look kinda cool.
Red-Head Thor should meet Wonder Woman would be fun for her to interact with other pantheons.

Sad because Nighthawk (Kyle Richmond) is honestly much more likable than Bats

nah

At least their shitting on MAX Nighthawk was consistent with 616 Nighthawk's reason for existing (to be shat upon).

The SS (or maybe LMD versions of them) are some of the villains in Aaron's Avengers

They do. It might have been in Rebirth or new 52 JLA. Can't fully remember which book from which timeframe.

In way, yes.

The Aaron Kyle isn’t that Kyle tho. Do we even have any idea where OG Kyle is?

Did the Hulk expy ever got a name?

Do the writers hate Batman or something?

Spider-Man and Batman are pretty even in terms of popularity. Spider-Man was more popular during the Raimi movies and nowadays. Batman was more popular in-between 2008-2016. Batman is more popular in the US while Spider-Man is more popular in the rest of the world. Spider-Man makes a lot of money through merchandise, Batman makes a lot of money through clothing.

If it makes you feel better, he’s the sole survivor of his reality.

How bad was MAX Nighthawk?

lol no

>If it makes you feel better, he’s the sole survivor of his reality.
It doesn't but thanks anyway.
Also, do you guys think Earth-7 had an Ultimatum-like event?
Like "The Fat eats Hornet" or "Doc Future berates Roman the Underground-man" or "Polarion snaps Professor-G's neck".
Any other hypothetical events?

MAX Nighthawk was fine, but when they moved him over to 616 after Secret Wars he got killed off-panel in Secret Empire.

Actually, saying "off-panel" implies he was in the comic prior to that. They just have his partner show up as the new Nighthawk and be like "yeah he died".

>look papa Mickey I posted it again

Marvelfags are cancer.

Attached: 1557280283430-1.jpg (641x1022, 155K)

Hulk is a dumb angry baby.

They have the Champions of Angor, the Retaliators, the Maximums, earth-8, but they don't really make fun of them because they usually have them die fairly quickly.

>can't have any thread with DC and Marvel in its title anymore without Tommy storming the thread with his company wars retardness

How tiresome, a board ruined by a single turbo autist.

Earth-7 also had a Hellboy analogue.

His name is Tommy Ladderbro

Based quads of truth.

based and DCpilled

>Silver Sorceress
>doesn't wear silver

gimme a quick rundown on tommy and/or ladderbro

Tommy is this guy who complains about Doom becoming omnipotent and Ladderbro is this guy who says all DC stuff sucks and that the MCU reigns supreme .

A powerful group of villains from the planet Angor based on Doctor Doom, Magneto, Dormammu, Doctor Octopus, and Sabretooth. After their demise, Mitch Wacky (Walt Disney) built robotic duplicates of them for a theme park that became self-aware and traveled to Earth to battle their enemies Silver Sorceress and Blue Jay, who had joined the League. They would return repeatedly to face the League (once as part of the Cadre).

Attached: justice-league-quarterly-3a.jpg (750x750, 372K)

>Abbo god of rain
>bald white guy

The Incredible Cunt

You’re discounting all the times they’ve killed their Justice League expys, as well as the sometimes heavy handedness of their villanous versions (see the latest Avengers run).

Hell, the MAX version even got killed multiple times during Secret Wars iirc

Hank Henshaw's team was Fantastic Four

Basically what said, but keep in mind they're the same person

Facts dont care about your feelings

Kys tommy
This. Tommy is finished

Sure Tom, sure.

Attached: maximums-viking.jpg (600x315, 70K)

That was Hickman being a faggot.

You can easily parody the heroes vs. heroes shit that the Avengers frequently get into.

Are they really? Kek does Tommy have MPD or something?

He is just a very dumb neet with a lot of free time.

>facts
yeah sure marvelfag

>DCfag in deep denial

He also probably has proxies and mobile devices to go with his computer.

Both of these are Tommy Ladderbro posts.

That’s because Gruenwald was a huge DCfag though.

Funny thing is there are people just getting into avengers now, reading the new arc with the squadron supreme, and thinking justice league are ripping them off

Marvel is doing a million times better job penetrating to today's youth. My 7 year old daughter loves spider gwen, was her for Halloween. She didn't even exist when she was born. She has no idea who superman, wonder woman are.

>Marvel is
>penetrating
>youth
Dark stuff

>They barely expanded on it
Because it's an alternate Earth, not a fucking mini series, autist.

>Funny thing is there are people just getting into avengers now, reading the new arc with the squadron supreme, and thinking justice league are ripping them off
Yeah, totally.

I've lost count of all those Avengers fans that go "DAMN, so DC copied the Squadron Supreme to make the Justice League!"

Seriously? What’s wrong with zoomers

Yes, repeatedly with the Champions of Angor, who were big jokes right at the start of Justice League International.

Not sure why everyone in this thread seems to have forgotten about them.

Also Loeb did a big "shit on the Avengers" thing in Superman/Batman where they went to an alternate Earth, of course the joke was that the fake Avengers all worked for the government and constantly bickered amongst themselves. That's probably the most aggressive one I've seen, and it's ironic considering Loeb's own attachment to the Ultimate universe.

>Not sure why everyone in this thread seems to have forgotten about them.
Maybe because DC doesn't relaunch a new "Champions of Angor" book every fucking year nor do DCfags pretend that "Champions of Angor" is the bestest Avengers story ever written ever!!1!

You’ve got to be shitting me

>Not sure why everyone in this thread seems to have forgotten about them.
Because the people complaining only got into comics 3-5 years ago which is why you get posts like and constant mentioning of Hickman's run and Multiversity and if they were just just created then.

She's colourblind and was really confused when someone pointed that out.

>everyone

Then what are these?:

I thought it was him conjuring thunder down or something. The way Thor's eyes spark with electricity. Fuck, I kinda want a Thunderer mini, he was cool.
>same person
It makes sense. Only one man can be so cancerous, and that man is Tommy Ladderbro.
>no Cyborg Superman/Terrifics yet
Let's make it happen.

>Walt Disney
Damn, that's the greatest of foreshadowing right there.