Why do female heroes never get opposite-gendered legacies?

Why do female heroes never get opposite-gendered legacies?

Attached: d343d8344589193f190168fa452233c1--wonder-man-gender-bender.jpg (236x436, 21K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rFk26inaprE
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Why do female heroes never get opposite-gendered legacies?

Because motherhood is disgusting

Because Marvel already has a Wonder Man.

Because female heroes barely carry themselves under their own names

Hank Pym did become The Wasp for a while.

The mongs at Scans_Daily were outraged because they quite literally think that wasps are an all female species and bees are their male counterparts.

Silver Swan, Star Sapphire and Cheetah also had male counterparts, I think.

Attached: pymwasp.png (1280x2005, 2.79M)

This is why we should outlaw miscrarriages right!!? xD

>wasps are an all female species and bees are their male counterparts
kek

>The mongs at Scans_Daily were outraged because they quite literally think that wasps are an all female species and bees are their male counterparts.

Come again..

Attached: misuzu wait what.png (275x417, 62K)

Gimme a source because fucking what.

>The mongs at Scans_Daily were outraged because they quite literally think that wasps are an all female species and bees are their male counterparts.

Attached: 1363305272350.png (212x218, 53K)

Attached: 6370880+_22b6b2344c4d26dc28cd7cda780bcadb.jpg (570x558, 260K)

Attached: the slow realization of horror.jpg (848x480, 34K)

Because male characters look less respectable to us if they're subordinate to a female character. Power Girl almost got a male sidekick but as I recall he was secretly evil?

I’m pretty sure only Cheetah had a male counterpart.

There was a Power Boy but other than the costume he had nothing to do with Power Girl directly. He was an Apokoliptian spy who fucked Supergirl.

Power Boy never appeared alongside Power Girl. Also Supergirl annihilated his nuts.

Attached: RCO018_1469311375.jpg (1008x1600, 666K)

Because a woman in a male-coded costume can still look good, but a man in a female-coded costume will just look like a fruit.

Your OP image isn't a bad example. Thats a solid male-version of the wonder woman costume, but the wonder woman costume is naturally pretty stupid and if you remove the sex appeal by putting it on a man it just looks bad.

Your best bet for this sort of thing is a Jojo's sort of deal where the designs are gay as fuck but they lean directly into the wind and it comes off as weird but confident or whatever. But western comics don't really work on that particular wavelength.

>wasps are an all female species and bees are their male counterparts

wondy's more roman designs could look nice on a very beefy man.
not sure what an origin story for manazon would be. an amazon wants a child and gets a male baby because magic or something?

Attached: 1406168431609.jpg (500x266, 36K)

I thought about writing a superheroine who has a guy take over her mantle after she is presumed dead in space. She comes back to earth and gets pissed when he’s better at the job than she ever was

>not sure what an origin story for manazon would be. an amazon wants a child and gets a male baby because magic or something?

I'm not sure you can keep the amazonian backstory for a male character. Can you imagine how SEETHING nerds would be over a male character from a matriarchal society that keeps talking about how much men suck because that's how he was raised? That barely gets a pass when its a woman doing it, a man doing it would be extremely awful.

At the same time, whats your alternative? Say he is the only dude from an island of Amazons, but never write him like thats somehow important? Have him reject the amazonian culture, which because comics are as subtle as being beaten to death by a brick would mean just openly embracing misogony?

There are a LOT of really bad options here, and while a great writer could probably step through the minefield and give us a great story with a unique character, the instant that guy gets shuffled off to write more Batman or something the manazon is fucking doomed.

Hey, if they can't even understand human gender norms, why would they understand insect gender norms?

Attached: 5138271798_d31873ca2c_b.jpg (1024x770, 105K)

this
youtube.com/watch?v=rFk26inaprE

>not sure what an origin story for manazon would be.
If Earth-11 were expanded more we might actually see how Wonderous Man actually works.

why can't you leave politics out of comic books?

If you don't make the new guy an asshole, its actually a great setup for a comedy.

The new guy is probably a HUGE fan of the original heroine, enough to take up her mantel when she is presumed dead. He is likely to be more happy than anyone to find out she is back.

He also happens to be a more powerful hero than her, and has become super famous in her absence. Enough so that even if he tries to give up the borrowed name, the media keeps calling him that anyway.

Obviously you team them up, perhaps reluctantly in the case of the heroine but the hero REALLY wants to adventure with his idol. Together they fight crime, with the heroine having to come to terms with the fact that she isn't the top dog anymore and remembering that she didn't get into saving people for the glory, while also getting some moments where you genuinely get to see how she earned her reputation in the first place.

Bonus round: the fanboy hero that took her name doesn't realize he is stronger than she is, blinded by his fanboyism, and keeps expecting her to be better at him than a lot of stuff. Which sometimes mean expecting her to punch well above her weight against villains because HE can do that and he can't get it through his head thats he's the stronger one of the two

themysciran man would be an absolute turbochad, 7 foot of beefcake physique and charisma. he gets along a lot better socially with women, having both 400 sisters, a loving single mom and also numerous sexual partners. he would wear high heels and makeup casually and have no idea why any man would object to this

Attached: original (2).jpg (500x602, 99K)

if the sexes were completely irrelevant to the characters this could be very charming

But do they bang? That's the real question here.

Attached: ladiva.jpg (700x894, 230K)

WTF how many identities did Hank have

>Which sometimes mean expecting her to punch well above her weight against villains because HE can do that and he can't get it through his head thats he's the stronger one of the two

Obviously she takes that as a challenge and refuses to admit she can't do it, fighting tooth and nail to live up to that expectation and eek out a win.

Which only reinforces the fanboyism harder.

>dude dresses up in an undignified sidekick outfit with shortshorts and a little cape
>lady dressed very dramatically and badass
>he's like 6 inches taller than her

Because
1.It wouldn't be "progressive."
2.There are not a lot of substantial female heroes

Personally I like the idea of Earth-11 Batwoman having Batboys.
Like make it kind of strange so Babs and the rest of the batgirls become Robins instead.
Her parents are killed and she gets taken in.
But like Dick with two living parents idolizes Batwoman and becomes Batboy.

Counting the times he's gone by just his own name, Jean Grey-style?

Six.

Ant-Man, Giant Man, Goliath, Yellowjacket, Wasp

>Why do female heroes never get opposite-gendered legacies?

That would be interesting but........y'know.......politics

Unfortunately this kind of writing is only successfully pulled off by anime and manga writers. Americans can't handle it.

hahahahhahahahahahahah i love that if you take the fanservice out they lose 2/3 of sales in a snap

Attached: Captain Marvel (2002-2004) 001-001.jpg (1988x3056, 3.72M)

Nigga is going for the record

stop dumbo leave the man and his idea alone

>1.It wouldn't be "progressive."
on the contrary, female mentors inspiring males who look up to them is progressive or maybe the pull of /ss/ is universal

Attached: 7d91fdb1d8cbbbeb299bb7134d992ff7.jpg (564x595, 49K)

Wow I’m glad someone likes my idea. It was an alternate take on a character I already had.
The original heroine had energy beams/shields as her power, and her male successor was an arcane magic user. Very little in common with the original but that was kind of the point.

Here you go.

Attached: Zatara_Earth-22_001.png (208x207, 85K)

here we go with this cringe shit again

Attached: e3dcd53d75d8be6a5709f77967786ec6.jpg (752x1063, 105K)

Just say he's from Bana Mighdall as a secret illegitimate son. Bana Mighdall is still a thing, right?

steve makes it look good

Y'all knuckleheads aren't seeing the big picture. Imagine: Wonder Shota wearing the exact same outfit his mentor has (skirt included).

isn't zatara zatanna's father?

There was a Zachary Zatara, a younger boy version of Zatanna.

Nope. Her son in Kingdom Come.

oh, thanks.

>In his appearance in 52, Keith Giffen drew Zatara in fishnets like his cousin Zatanna as a joke, stating "As a goof, in the breakdowns, I drew that new [Zatara] kid in Zatanna’s fishnets-and-corset getup. The penciler actually drew him that way. My pleas to let it go through like that went unheeded."

why must editors ruin everything?

Wasps and bees aren't even the same species. Wasps are as closely related to ants as they are to bees

That's actually a really great idea and you should expand on it.
Just steer clear of horny retards around here that will no doubt try to turn it into vapid blatant fetish shit instead of a genuine story.

>Because male characters look less respectable to us if they're subordinate to a female character.
The real issue is that western females aren't worthy of respect. No one complains about Hilda from Outlaw Star, LisaLisa in Jojo's, or Revvy and Balalaika in Black Lagoon. Western comic book women are all shallow yaaaaas thots or literal children. No one would follow them.

Non-westerners are just as shallow and retarded
,on fiction agree with you

There's very little incentive to do so.
Many people see the idea of men emulating women as emasculating, both conceptually and most the time in execution vs women emulating men being empowering either through the idea of taking "male power/roles" for themselves or simply seeing men as the legitimately more powerful sex.
Also there's little gained, women as a distaff counterpart is usually done as an obvious way to inject female presence into a predominantly male brand. Male presence being injected into a female brand is usually less welcome especially in today's age.

Attached: Marvel_Comics_What_If_34.png (1858x950, 1.05M)

Because male writers and male readers don't feel super insecure at the site of fiction characters and demand to have that character be more like them, so they feel validated.

>legacies

From who? For some reason female heroes are allergic to younger partners that share their titles.

>Batman biting Superman
That's beautiful

Hank as Yellowjacket was already a male version of the Wasp, but she was his own female legacy so it cancels out.

>not sure what an origin story for manazon would be.

Diana's long lost twin brother Jason. He's shit.

How much you wanna bet batman had his normal canines replaced with kryptonite?

Attached: 39_402a.jpg (640x640, 28K)

Is their a true "Alpha Female" in cape comics that's not a villain?

There's a huge lack of any female characters so any female centric franchise who makes a legacy character is typically invested in having more female characters, so they make them female.

Tell us your Wonder Boy fantasies, user.

Attached: 650607f5c3e8f9565fe5f1cf51ecd017.jpg (1024x780, 112K)

This is the only one.

Attached: 45d8b72815e427183c1bc5d03a6d9a8f.jpg (417x537, 300K)

Wonder Man is straight trash.

The only one everyone knows is Diana, but her origin pretty much paints her into a no-male-sidekick corner. I suppose it's possible but not something modern capebook writers could pull off. They should put some effort into building up their lesser known unique female capes like Zatanna, Vixen, or Canary but they don't care enough.

Lose the circlet and give him a pauldron, and we are in business.

>ywn

Hank Pym was Wasp once.

Ant-Man
Giant-Man
Goliath
Yellowjacket
Doctor Pym: Scientist Adventurer
The Wasp
Ultron

The problem with modern comics trying to get a bigger female audience is that they think they need to make shit-ton more female characters when really they just need to make more cute boys.

Attached: We all know the real reason these 2 are so popular.jpg (680x939, 472K)

I mean, isn't Wiccan just male Scarlet Witch?

Attached: Wiccan2.jpg (400x539, 39K)

>That perfect combination of masculine and feminine

Ugh. My dick.

He's a homosexual with a woman's religion for a name
He really is rule 63 Wanda

This is really charming to imagine, especially if she has to use more clever and quick-thinking tactics to keep up with her more physically powerful successor.... but this only encourages him MORE as an open fanboy that she's as smart as she is strong/skilled in her superpowers. Make her look GOOD and unquestionably getting results in her wins - eking 'em out or not - so her star can rise again in the public eye, and him doing his damnedest to (happily) live up to her reputation mostly unaware he's extremely beloved and competent himself, and yeah. Super-cute.

This, shonen manga gain massive female audience by teasing the possibility of cute boys fighting eachother and getting all sweaty, roughed up and out of breath. The manga about cute girls doing girl things are mostly read by men
Western comics are doing shit completely backwards

YASSS KWEEEEEN

He's small and younger than most sidekicks.
He's Diana's son with someone (Steve or Bruce or literal who but NOT Clark).
Diana has twins, a boy and girl.
The girl is going to be raised as an Amazon and the boy sent away with the dad(Better as a normie human) but then the son from the future comes to the past when he was still an infant to seeminly kill his mom but his actualy target was himself as a baby because apparently it was a bad end to send him to mans world. The amazons decide to raise both kids together. The sister is actually a girly girl and doesn't want to fight and the son goes to mans world as Wonder Woman's sidekick.

>Diana will never have a cute, boisterous son who likes to wrestle and fight crime

Attached: 1485935026141.png (95x120, 14K)

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: Traps, femboys, shota. All that shit = money. Lots of mass market appeal. Look at how much Astolfo merch is sold. It's insane.

If DC or Marvel had artists who could handle drawing a boy that cute, they'd be raking in some cash.

>cute boys fighting eachother and getting all sweaty, roughed up and out of breath.

keep talking that sexy talk

>If DC or Marvel had artists who could handle drawing a boy that cute, they'd be raking in some cash.
They have them, they just don't use them.

Considering wasps have a habit of killing bees, I'm curious how they reproduce in this crazy Scans_Daily world of wasp-bee fuckery.

Wanda isn't boring, though.

I doubt they knew but if they did maybe they assumed it was a mass widowing like the spider myth.

Bare knees between my legs is my fetish. Ballbusting not so much.

And how, pray tell, is WB supposed to cut off a Gorgon's head off at 12 paces without his tiara?

Because men get shit done under their own name and their own autonomy. They don't need to hijack the name/powers/identity of the opposite sex to be seen as worthwhile.

WB is a nice boy who knows that Poseidon's a dick so he sends Medusa a thoughtful card and helps pull weeds in her garden instead.

>not sure what an origin story for manazon would be
Have them made out of clay. Super easy, directly connects them to wondy, you can handwave their being at a sidekick appropriate age.

>The mongs at Scans_Daily were outraged because they quite literally think that wasps are an all female species and bees are their male counterparts

Attached: dafuq_wrong_wit_u.jpg (800x974, 187K)

Because women need to win too. That's why major league sports aren't integrated.

>tiara
cute as fuck

fuck off, he deserved it

I want him to be double teamed by brawn and hulkling

Attached: 2f78c07d-765e-49de-b5c0-65bc2a2b0584.png (1280x719, 664K)

I unironically love his design and wish they would bring him back, perhaps as a full blown sidekick with a hint of comedy or something. Like a young man that discovers he has super powers close the the usual flying brick, gets saved by Power Girl and starts idolizing her, she's a bit annoyed at first but sees that he's a good kid that could go down the wrong path and reluctantly takes him under her wing, after which he develops some serious banter and gets into some comedic adventures with her without being a clown.

Or just make him Power Boy from Earth whichever had the genders flipped, and be like Karen from her early feminist days but turned up to 11 for some laughs as he's used to some super heroines and villainesses talking shit to him constantly.

Attached: latest[1].jpg (1000x1549, 710K)

Boys with hairbands are cute.

i respect whoever designed this for giving him the chest window.

Seriously, does DC think Dick Grayson has as many female fans as he does by accident?

Attached: Stupid Sexy Dick.jpg (717x782, 377K)

Yeah I like this idea.

Because it's shit. Female versions of male superheroes are also shit.

Agreed. I hate most female characters and specially YASSSSSSS QUEEN GURL POWER ones. I mostly get into series with cute boys.

Fuck you, buddy.

Attached: PoliteDelayedBirdofparadise-poster.jpg (932x602, 29K)

Name one.

Supes looks like the guy from Bee Movie

Women don't give birth to sons in comicbooks. The last son comicbook character was Damien everyone is having daughters

Based

>Women don't give birth to sons in comicbooks.
Well...

Attached: wonder-womans-son-hunter-prince-1.jpg (992x1526, 1.47M)

Because that's gay user.

>MY INFINITY STONES

Legacies are terrible ideas.
That is why.

A male amazoness would be like a more boring spartan.

I think gender dynamics alone could make for an interesting story.

yes she is

I must have been mistaking Jon Kent for a boy these past few years.
She's very boyish.

we need to go full rocky horror on this franchise

>we need to go full rocky horror on all franchises
ftfy

Zachary Zataara being an over the top flamboyant magician would fit him tbqh

he was literally a rape baby so maybe not the best example

Attached: Image-152.png (1000x1027, 2.08M)

>Face it, cousin.
>I look better in these than you do.

Attached: zatara.jpg (378x634, 71K)

Only if he was still a straight pussy magnet