THE GOON Movie Greenlit At 20th Century Fox

IT'S FINALLY HAPPENING BOIS

Straight from the Kickstarter updates;
>As loyal fans, we wanted you folks to be the first to know… THE GOON feature is officially in development at 20th Century Fox! And we owe a huge debt of thanks to you, our backers for keeping the faith during this long journey. You helped us keep the dream alive. Without you, we couldn’t have gotten this far.

With your generous contributions, we were able to finish a full storyboard animatic of the film, complete with excellent voice acting, sound design, and music. This template for the film sold the producers and studio on the potential of THE GOON and we're beginning a new round of development.

Attached: goon-trailer.jpg (620x264, 121K)

Other urls found in this thread:

kickstarter.com/projects/624061548/the-goon-movie-lets-kickstart-this-sucker/posts/2510113
google.com/amp/s/www.thewrap.com/disney-bob-iger-says-fox-will-continue-to-make-films/amp/
howtoread.me/the-goon-reading-order/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>So, what exactly does “development” mean? Well, it doesn't mean that we're making the movie next week -- the proverbial Hollywood "greenlight" always happens in phases -- but it does mean we've got fresh wind in our sails, the resources of a studio and some "heavy-hitter" producers behind us.

>Which producers you may ask? The Chernin Group. They’ve brought us movies such as the PLANET OF THE APES franchise, RED SPARROW and OBLIVION. They love the project and we're all excited about this next phase along with Eric, David Fincher and all the folks at blur.

>Thank you all again. More updates coming as they happen!

>YOUR FRIENDS AT THE GOON KICKSTARTER.

>THE GOON Movie Greenlit At a Disney Company
IT'S OVER BOIS

Truly a day of celebration.

>primal
>looney tunes revival
>static cling and enter the florpus coming to Netflix
>now the fucking goon movie
WHAT DID WE DO TO DESERVE THIS GOOD FORTUNE ANIMATION BROS

Attached: 37C117DD-DAEB-43DF-9C9D-9132FE8151F4.jpg (285x288, 21K)

Did a comical double take when I saw this in my inbox a few minutes ago. Been so many years since I contributed.

Maybe one of the two Kickstarters I bought into might actually bear decent fruit now.

Neve read the goon. Where should I start.

If you're going to make up bullshit like this at least use a studio that ACTUALLY EXISTS YOU STUPID FUCK

How many meetings will they have before some bright young Disney executive points out there are some very troubling issues regarding "inclusivity" and "toxic masculinity" with this Goon project. The intern googled the word "goon" and we're afraid that term might be offensive to some people.

I'm sorry but this is all becoming very problematic. There's a lot to unpack. Everything's going to be okay though because we assembled a multi-ethnic focus group of college students to give us their feedback...

At the beginning

kickstarter.com/projects/624061548/the-goon-movie-lets-kickstart-this-sucker/posts/2510113

>So, what exactly does “development” mean? Well, it doesn't mean that we're making the movie next week -- the proverbial Hollywood "greenlight" always happens in phases -- but it does mean we've got fresh wind in our sails, the resources of a studio and some "heavy-hitter" producers behind us.
Getting your hopes up for nothing

I guess the success of Love Death & Robots had something to do with it.

Attached: 57267647_2641126835902037_1324757841835196416_n.jpg (960x874, 92K)

Attached: 57882401_2641126799235374_5480774751011995648_n.jpg (960x756, 66K)

I'm really excited for the movie. But I wonder what will and won't be in the movie?
What would they do for a sequel Chinatown?

Attached: 57564726_2641126829235371_5647693866082500608_n.jpg (960x688, 89K)

Spider-Verse won an Oscar and changed the timeline.

We waited

Holy shit they fucking did it.

Saved by a nigger what a time...

As opposed to what other 3D animation company?

I was guessing something like this would happen. I thought LDR was a mixed bag but that tends to happen in anthology series. Glad to see it led to this.

Attached: The_Goon_1.jpg (1205x850, 974K)

Fans of the Seann William Scott movie are going to be really confused.

Attached: 0AEFB54B-4FD2-4812-B807-61B52C639998.jpg (600x893, 350K)

I actually asked Eric Powell about it earlier this year, and thought he was just giving me false hope when he said it's still in the works.

Attached: depositphotos_5999152-its-about-time-words-on-clock-remind-of-deadline.jpg (1024x861, 223K)

No problems to be had.

Fox is Disney’s new Touchstone Pictures.
The brand you release potentially problematic things under just in case the bible thumpers, soccer moms, SJW’s, or alt right get assmad about it.

Attached: A50EFB8B-1670-401D-B851-8B239E47C3B1.png (1000x565, 101K)

>The Goon becomes the first R-rated animated movie to win an Oscar
Imagine...

Just like how confused his dumb character was at many things.
What our synergy.

Brainlet, go home.

>Fox is Disney’s new Touchstone Pictures.
I'll believe it when I see it.

FYI, they cancelled Mouse Guard bc it didn't fit their company

The proof is in the pool.

Disney isn’t dismantling the Fox brand, just absorbing it. They also confirmed Deadpool will continue to be rated R and without meddling.

Put them together, you get Touchstone 2020.

Attached: DB7BDEDD-62F2-4A4B-A08B-EE6BE1F3D1EA.jpg (630x1200, 96K)

I wonder what’s going to happen to this. Before Disney bought Fox, Blue Sky said they were going to tone-down the story to make it kids-friendly. But now that Fox is Disney’s adult-branch, that might no longer be necessary.

Attached: A41344FB-911D-4AA9-A89E-6903C06830BD.jpg (337x487, 79K)

>Disney isn’t dismantling the Fox brand, just absorbing it. They also confirmed Deadpool will continue to be rated R and without meddling.
Links, please?

I thought I had thrown my money away, but they actually pulled it off.

Fucking really? The biggest shift in entertainment properties and finances since the 70’s and the deaths of the original megastudios, and you aren’t even paying attention to the details?

google.com/amp/s/www.thewrap.com/disney-bob-iger-says-fox-will-continue-to-make-films/amp/

It’ll probably go to Hulu intact.
They want to compete with Netflix after all. Bojack proved adults want to stream more mature cartoons.

Iger is retiring, user.
>The biggest shift in entertainment properties and finances since the 70’s
I'm not an economist, just a consumer.

Iger is still in charge at the moment, and the rest of the management is on board with it. Even if the next guy wants to go another direction, it’d be an uphill climb since Disney just entered into a contract with a company to manage Fox as a branch company with a degree of independence.

Basically, Disney just absorbed the Avatar IP into itself and otherwise is letting Fox continue to do what it does. The biggest real change otherwise will probably be the Fox fanfare before the future Star Wars movies, and the potential of more adult takes on other Disney IPs in the future either for the cinema or Hulu.

Volume 1
Volume 0 if you're curious but that's more of a test run and Powell himself doesn't really recommend it

What?

It lives

Attached: IMG_20190516_151232.png (570x732, 76K)

>mfw they bring in random celebrities to do the voices in the final product

Attached: growl.png (212x206, 82K)

is adult animation back

Oh yeah celebrities would be terrible choices for voice acting The Goon.

Attached: giamatti_goon_brown.jpg (550x226, 105K)

It never left the world. It just left America since Americans only wanted cartoon sex jokes.

Netflix invited it back, so long as it brings its emotional baggage.

Attached: 54AF1A7E-989A-4B44-B6C4-ADFEC5018612.jpg (655x1019, 130K)

Reminder.

Attached: 931F5905-E661-4E64-9138-D0C3F347912C.jpg (800x817, 404K)

>proceeds to draw superhero comics for a cheap buck

Attached: 1373056254786.png (900x811, 94K)

I tried to find his 1st 39th issue (the cape parody one) to get him to sign it, but to no luck.
Fate did not want it to actually he a collector's, item.

It is true

Nice!

Huh. That almost fits actually.

Weird Goon never get's drawfags

Aren't most drawthreads waifufag circlejerks anyways?

Well it's adapting pretty shit comic to begin with so there's your starting point.

True. Goon doesn't really have waifu, just an in real life stripper Powell sometimes puts into his comic

Attached: RCO001_w.jpg (1987x3156, 1.33M)

This pleases me

Attached: 1447118926067.gif (200x200, 1017K)

Pretty fucking nice.

And the next Goon issue is next week, if I recall right.

So, fucking Disney is making a Goon movie? That's a trip

Disney released Reniassance in the states here, an R-rated animated film, under Miramax. (Granted it's not Disney distributed here anymore, but point stands)

they care about maintaining that Walt Disney Pictures brand is family friendly, but they've produced and distributed tons of adult shit

it's alot like how Warner Bros bought out New Line Cinema back in the mid 90s, and until 2009, they pretty much let them do whatever the fuck they want

it's a nothing update

JLD used to get these all the time.

Heh, pretty weird to do an update, it's not like it'd bring money.

But until we get a trailer I'm not trusting squat

>fucking Disney is making a Goon movie?
In an umbrella sort of way, which is bound to happen considering they own everything.

"Disney" "made" Usual Suspects user.

I made a dark bargain. I'm sorry about the 2020 election.

When wasn’t blue sky kids friendly?

Also basically all the good/decent Shamwowlan movies until he had his Lady In The Water autistic fit.

Sounds solid. Hopefully it makes people stop talking about politics.

THE GOON? More like THE WHO

Attached: 0B7C2F6D-BE92-42CA-92F4-8F9492FC1897.jpg (1280x1810, 367K)

Bullshit, i don't believe in nice things

I would have taken the bait but using a Steven universe pic makes it already not worth it.

Attached: 1_fbd62f0bceb9c39cc38fe6204037f8f1.jpg (906x1080, 198K)

The source has been posted in the thread, fucking retard

Can't rain every day mate, sometimes we DO get nice things

Is that Frank? cute

They cancelled Mouse Guard because it was asking for like a 125 million+ budget for a stop motion film. Like, I like Mouse Guard but that's really insane.

And Pulp Fiction

I hope they do ok. I still have the signed kickstarter poster framed on my wall.

>primal
Valid.
>looney tunes revival
Who knows if the rest of the series measures up to those two seconds?
>static cling and enter the florpus coming to Netflix
It's being dumped there. We won't get any more animated Rocko or Zim content.
>now the fucking goon movie
It won't happen.

it's the price for disney now owning everything including our skins and heartbeats

Screencapping this post so I can laugh at you when it comes out

Do it, motherfucker. There won't be another Rocko or Zim movie after this, and there won't ever be a Goon movie. If we're lucky, the Looney Tunes revival will have good animation, but nothing else good will happen.

Finally, some good fucking news.

I think I will be pissed off it it goes to Netflix. I want the whole movie going experience for Goon. I actually want to go to a theatre and see this, and I want a hard copy DVD or Blu-ray when it comes to home released.

Attached: Netflix_Logo_Digital_Video-800x450.jpg (800x450, 27K)

I really want to make it at least one tour date

Attached: tour_shirt_back.jpg (721x927, 187K)

Western animation is being saved, that's what.

Not Netflix, Hulu.

Goon is Disney, and Disney is trying to kill Netflix.

I'm going to be pissed if they pass on Giamatti or Brown. Such a perfect voice cast rarely exists.

I'm gonna see this in theaters, and I haven't even contributed to their group-fund.

Attached: 1540403769571.gif (640x464, 274K)

i gave them 5 bucks in middle school

>kickstarter was nearly 10 years ago
I didn't think I'd ever get this e-mail

EVERYTHING'S COMIN UP ANONHOUSE

Attached: 1530683435254.jpg (800x600, 36K)

lol
being edgy like this is so lame, don't you get tired of it?

Fuck yes.

Attached: 1546667031999.png (580x711, 416K)

>Lords of Misery prelude

I wonder if that will ever happen

Isnt the Steven Universe woman actually published her comic but at Powell's company?

She published Pug Davis under Powell's imprint, yes.

Clancy Brown has an extremely extensive voice acting career. Also note I said "random" celebrities.

Powell said LoM will be a graphic novel like Chinatown

He played in The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai Across the Eighth Dimension. That's pretty random.

Bump, this is a big moment for Goon anybody want a storytime?

Where do I start to read the Goon?

Is there a Yea Forums recommends image?

howtoread.me/the-goon-reading-order/

What the actual fuck. Is there really no search option on that site?
What kind of literal downie thinks not having a search function on an index type site is a good idea?

Attached: 1487979386032.png (162x168, 47K)

There's probably easier website I just posted the first Google website because I'm lazy

Ah, disregard. I found the search. It's below the red text shilling list on the right.