WAR OF THE REALMS - are you readin'?

except for a few Wolverine moments with the old guys and Daredevil side-story, this is just trash juice for me, an soulless clusterfuck. jason still obsessed with janeihavecancer foster, Thor 1-6 were a point out the curve of his shitwritingit it seems.

Attached: War-Of-The-Realms-4-2019.jpg (400x615, 120K)

Only Carol's stuff, and even then only grudgingly.
Nobody storytimed War Avengers so I'm going to start off the Tuesday thread with it.

I can’t even bring myself to care about this event. Usually I’ll go through a few issues here and there to see what’s going on but after two pages I’m just bored.

What's this shit about? It didn´t pick my interest because I don't seem to recall any good event involving asgardian stuff, like that crap of Fear Itself.

Nope. The event seems boring. I'll rather read Age of X-Man if I'm made to choose.

Its basically MCU the event. Aaron probably never read a Marvel book before and is basing everything he knows on the MCU.

Odin got shanked by a cannon fodder and a minor planetary explosion is capable of killing him despite the fact that it was established that he is capable of tanking an angry Galactus.

>Only Carol's stuff
oh so you that one of six guys that read that bitch book

Attached: 1556338992981.jpg (500x750, 137K)

It's a fun event, and for once a powerhouse character is the focus.
No overrated street leveler picking up Thor's hammer or using the cosmic cube or the IG is breath of fresh air.

heres your answer
>

It's alright, Aaron's Thor stuff over the past few years has been pretty hit or miss, to the point where I'm more interested in what's happening in the ongoing than this event.

by big marvel events standards this is surprisingly much better than secret empire/cw2/others, if only because Dauterman is an artist that actually fits the material.

I saw two panels where spider-man is emasculated so that female characters can look "tough"
that was reason for me to say "fuck you" to the event and move on

c'mon you gonna miss a literal who becoming all-mother and the new valkyrie cause she got on chemo once a week

I don't read, and frankly I wish it would end already, because it's complete boring garbage. Nobody discusses this shit, because there is nothing to discuss

Its just Aaron wanking off to Jane Foster the event. There is no reason she should be the All-Mother in place of Frigga when Sif is there. Sif is way more qualified than Jane will ever be. Sif have actual leadership experiences. There is no reason any of the Asgardians or superheroes she take her seriously either. Doesn't have any powers, doesn't know how to fight, and not really knowledgeable. Jane is the least qualified person to lead.

The problem with the event is that the main book seems to just be rushing everything along feeling like an anthology that skips along scenes to the point where it might as well just leave a note to read x tie-in to know what the hell is going on. It feels like it just started and we’re already 2/3 of the way through it

Journey Into Mystery
Champions
Venom
Tony Stark Iron Man
And the Punisher mini.

>VENOM on several covers in marvel right now
>barely in any of the books besides a panel or two
why

its bait, or the artist no wanting to drawn a bunch of whos

And it is just Venom. No Brock hosting the symbiote for whatever reason.

this^
in Thor they tried this storyline of dark elves sneaking in midgard,but suddenly became some wakanda ugabuga and they never comeback,next Malekith deploys half his army on NY all rushed and messy. why do it then? war between realms its a neat concept leave it.

Attached: War Of The Realms - Director's Cut 01 (of 06)-131.jpg (1988x3056, 1.19M)

The simplified version: a bunch of Thor villains and their respective armies teamed up to take over Earth. Superheroes are teaming up with the Asgardians to stop them.

That's because the symbiote has separated from Eddie in the Venom comic

I'm amazed how nothing of an event it is. Maybe it's because I don't read Thor, but there's little to no substance or build up for anything, which is unforgivable in an event book. People just react, instead of doing anything. There's no real sense of stakes because everything goes from zero to a hundred in a blink of an eye, and the plot just seems to be "they're just going to invade and then occupy Earth, and the heroes don't like that" with very little reason to care about anything that's happening. And the spin offs feel so weird and pointless. Okay so DD gets Heimdall's powers? That's cool. Does he really do anything with it? No, not really, because he seems to just sit on his ass at the base. Frank goes to kill bunch of mooks in. suicide mission? Cool, except they waste an entire introduction issue on everybody talking about their feelings instead of playing it as Dirty Dozen scenario. Agents of Atlas is back? Uh, we're going to just make it be bunch of random Asian characters and Jimmy, most of the first issue is pointless filler, and the story is just that monster attack Korea or whatever. Why is this even a tie-in when it barely feels like it's connected to anything.

It's like Aaron realized GoT was ending and just rushed an ending with little idea how to make it be big enough. Even fucking Fear Itself and Original Sin handled this better.

>only carol stuff

Attached: 1526633299828.jpg (640x645, 61K)

>reading anything Marvel without Carol in it

Attached: 1536562206597.png (475x383, 279K)

There's a bunch of stuff going on with it that isn't and it disappoints me. X-Men Book should have Magik ad Dani respected and feared by the invaders since one is a realm lord in her own right and the other is a Valkyrie dedicated to Hela. Would've liked to see some of the other Earth bound forces also put up a better fight instead of falling over and calling it quits North America especially should be a clusterfuck. Moleman going to war with the giants to control New York, Wendigos vs Giants vs Alpha Flight vs Master of the World up in Canada, The Leader or some other super scientist staking a claim on some land and ruining anyone that interferes. Rest f the world should have more interesting stuff going on as well for the sake of showing off the scale of the event like Wakandans vs Angels in Africa, Doom kicking Malekith out of Eastern Europe, and Roxxon Science teams trying to ransack the Savage Land.

>Malekith getting some spotlight
Hell yeah!!!

Attached: 23f.jpg (3000x1996, 771K)

if you didn already give up on this shitshow i would recommend War Scrolls 1(just DD part the rest is crap)

Attached: War Of The Realms - War Scrolls 01 (of 03)-007.jpg (1988x3056, 1.66M)

she gets uglier everytime marvel try to shovel a 1# edition in our face. CURSED

Kys carolshill

i think it's lame all the essentially powerless superheroes like daredevil get elevated to god status so they can be useful in these events. you have plenty of godlike heroes that can fight the battles while the more normal ones can contribute in other ways or just give their perspective of feeling helpless.

So far I've only liked Agents of Atlas. Maybe I'll enjoy the Punisher shots if when they come.

Wow, Aaron made Daredevil a bigger hypocrite than he already is.

in the book he keeps talking about being a shitty catholic its fun

i liked spiderman and his multiream team

And meanwhile the Venom tie-in compounds the confusion of which one it is by having Eddie get a magical copy of the symbiote while nothing in the event specified which Venom we’re seeing

Sounds generic and shit, and knowing how shitty Marvel events have been recently, I will centainly pass on this one.

Aaron might be the worst Thor writer I've ever read

I have been waiting for Odin to die. I know I'm being petty but I'm tired of him winning nearly every fight he's in. It's lame

in other circuistances i would agree with you,but if he dies now we get the writers waifu leading asgard as the gurlpower allmotherbitch, the less cringy outcome is that ugly baby becoming/creating a proper new Asgard

It’s incredible how bad Aaron is at writing the character, and still that’s the most interesting storyline in the event.

>but if he dies now we get the writers waifu leading asgard as the gurlpower allmotherbitch
Hasn't Freya mostly been in charge of Asgard since Fear Itself?

kinda, and she suck at it,they been going head to head since jane decided to be padme and demand "the senate" give fullpower to Freya because Aaron wanted to write a essay on patriarchy or something in a THOR book

Lol

his stories always have a promising start and then
*bum* worst development *pow* underwhelming ending. maybe he should be a editor or the idea man only

Attached: Thor (2018-) 002-000.jpg (1988x3056, 2.35M)

I like the first three issues. Issue 4 was super boring so now I’m kind of whatever.

The Avengers tie in with Coulson and the Squadron Supreme was fun tho

Hahahahahahaha.

No.

Ah, yes. Its okay for heroes to be mass murderers if they're killing non-humans.

Good ol' Marvel.