To be honest, I have little understanding of superhero features...

To be honest, I have little understanding of superhero features, but I have long been puzzled by one question: if the DC Justice League and the Marvel Avengers are based in the US and, in fact, are North American organizations that presumably cooperate with the Department of state, then how do these "heroes" legalize their international activities avoiding international scandals and conflicts due to actual violations of sovereignty and coup attempts?

Also invite discussion of international relations in the worlds of superheroes.

Attached: Биалия и Курак.jpg (609x612, 68K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=TDMd40a-A4c
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I believe you can make the argument tha the heroes are not acting as American citizens but as good samaritans in general, I think 52 and Doomsday Cloxk touch upon the subject, not sure about Marvel, except for the movie Captain America: Civil War.

In the best traditions of international relations theory and international jurisprudence they operate under the principle of 'might makes right'.

I think the U.N. would classify them as NGOs like the red cross.

Comic books are stupid and liberal writers are hypocrites.
Next question, faggotbreath.

S.H.I.E.L.D. in the Ultimate Universe and the MCU works for the US government.

In 616 S.H.I.E.L.D. is supposed to work for the U.N. but most writers forget about this.

Wait a minute, if there's no Kuwait in DC's world, then there wasn't a Gulf War and Saddam's overthrow?

Attached: Qurac.png (340x292, 18K)

This is like the plot of every other Justice League/Avengers story.

Justice League flies in to fight monster, some no name superheroes from Ukraine or whatever show and say they “have no jurisdiction”, maybe JL fucks off or maybe they fight the no names

It’s literally the plot of Aaron’s current Avengers run, with it looking like some kind of superhero arms race

At least in YJ, UN is an organization with actual power to do shit instead of just wagging its finger at naughty naughty countries, and the League has UN's consent to operate on a global scale.
It's a whole plot point that Lex become a honcho in UN to cripple the League's ability to operation globally, which led to the Outsider team.
Basically UN got the power of NWO without the negative connotations

Yes, fictional countries are all over the place because writers want to be politically active y'know? But they need a pastiche to show whats happening there without getting death threats or something.
Thats why Qurac, Bialya and Khandaq changes from time to time.
I remember Wakanda was in the DRC and Vlatava was somewhere in the Balkans but Idk if its changed or not.

Attached: Balkans in a Nutshell.jpg (1018x1600, 543K)

>I remember Wakanda was in the DRC
Apparently, everywhere on ways

Attached: Марвел - WAfrica.gif (529x417, 19K)

Wakanda was in Ethiopia, East Africa and now West Africa? Did it teleport or something?

SHIELD answers to the World Security Council until Winter Soldier. As far as I'm aware, They've become independent after Ultron.

>if the DC Justice League and the Marvel Avengers are based in the US and, in fact, are North American organizations that presumably cooperate with the Department of state
The entire basis of your question is wrong.
The Justice League has been at most times sanctioned by the UN.

In fact, in the 80's, the JLA originally ended up breaking up because they wouldn't risk going into Bialya to rescue somebody because it might cause an international incident. Batman was butthurt about this and left to form his own team, with Black Lightnings and Lookers.

The Avengers is considered more or less a private security agency.

Actually all this stuff you're talking about was covered very heavily in the 80's in both Avengers and Justice League. It's the entire reason the Justice League of America split into Justice League International, why the Outsiders and Suicide Squad and Checkmate were all formed, etc. Political themes were very popular at the time, as were questions of how the superhero world actually operates.

Attached: Batman and the Outsiders V1983 #1 - Wars Ended... Wars Begun! (1983_8) - Page 1.jpg (1920x2972, 780K)

>was covered very heavily in the 80's in both Avengers and Justice League
Can you tell me, briefly, about the General trends of that period? And what is the relationship to similar topics in the comics now?

What was Nick Fury's tax policy?

By "political" in this case I mean more in the espionage/international sense, sort of like in Watchmen, stuff done for the sake of realism and grittiness to make superheroes feel like they had more of a global and political impact. It relates more to comics of the 00's that were still heavy into that realism thing.

Comics have kind of moved away from that stuff because it can be a bit too serious. You can see it in the MCU, where originally it drew from the Ultimate comics with a lot of characters having some relationship to government or the military, but later on they backed away from that since things relating to the US government/military don't exactly play as well overseas.

>superheroes from Ukraine or whatever show and say they “have no jurisdiction”, maybe JL fucks off or maybe they fight the no names
Do the countries that have been "saved" take any steps in response? For example, the creation of anti-american-hero alliances or support of super-villains? And what are those States in which the rule of bad guys or girls?

youtube.com/watch?v=TDMd40a-A4c

We don't truly know where wakanda is, that's why it's such a hidden country.

I wonder if Dr. Doom and his Latveria are so cool, why couldn't they have a normal Empire in the Balkans?

Attached: Марвел - Balkans.gif (531x511, 20K)

Well? Who was guilty? Both?