Where did it go wrong?

Where did it go wrong?

Attached: download (15).jpg (124x186, 11K)

When it got popular with people that Yea Forums doesn't like

They dropped the monster hunt premise.

I kind of want to watch the early seasons again. It was comfy and cute. My moms passing soon, so there's this weird sentiment I have with SU now, although I haven't watched it in years.

Season 2. Stopped focusing on the main cast of four and their fun adventures, plus

Unironically hiatuses

>showrunners rush season 4 and 5 out the door thinking they won't be renewed
>the diamonds receive little development past their relationship with pink diamond
>had to make steven pink diamond just to force him to encounter them
>literally can't kill them because now they are his relatives

Attached: 1546386268876.png (1280x1707, 1.08M)

Why the fuck did they think they weren't being brought back? It's one of CN's most popular shows

jasper getting bubbled

Not enough sassy Pearl.

Attached: Shitposting Birdmom.jpg (4000x3000, 3.46M)

How could she on Yea Forums?

No word from the network until it was too late. You can't just assume you have another season until the suits tell you.
That being said, the real question is why did they rush to end it? Even if they didn't get renewed and it ended with what we got that'd be a pretty shitty ending since if left a ton of plot threads dangling. And in a world where Samurai Jack can get a 5th season I don't see why you would conclude your show not on the terms you envisioned instead of leaving your audience begging for more with the opportunity another network/streaming service will pick up another season.

She loves to talk shit about different cultures and groups.

she seems more of a tumblr type of person

The crew thought it was gonna be cut on S5 so they rushed the last 2 seasons a lot to actually be able to finish the story, then CN came a little too late telling them to fuck off and that they'll have to do more.
Crewniverse was in too deep to actually be able to fix it.
CN mistreated this show a lot and sucks because it literally handicapped the whole story.

>Also not enough Jasper

Attached: capture.jpg (4000x3000, 3.68M)

Those eye lashes...
>MORE!

Attached: SU_Pearl Blush.gif (960x545, 652K)

Do we have confirmation from the Crewniverse?
NuPPG and Teen Titans Go get so much love from the network because they sell merchandise (even though the only merch [that aren't shirts] SU's gotten are funko pops and pic related)

Attached: mcfarlane-toys-steven-unive.jpg (600x300, 46K)

Creative empty nest syndrome

It aired.

remember when writer matt pretended to be a 13 year old boy just to gush on twitter how much he loves suicide squad without looking like an idiot? i remember.

>107605356
'hit the diamond' is where homeworld became a joke instead of a threat and was the beginning of introducing tangent characters, so i'd say there.

>had to make steven pink diamond just to force him to encounter them
it's pretty obvious the twist was in mind from the beginning tho

Attached: 1548801391217.png (1058x1074, 447K)

season 3 is where the show starts to go downhill, but it's difficult for me to pinpoint exactly why. first 2 seasons are kino

The first two seasons have plenty of medicore episodes, it's just easier to focus on the better ones because it was fresh at the time. In my mind the only degrade in quality was in terms of product values and you can tell the budget got slashed from like the middle of S2 on. Season 5 has its own problems but to me that's as good as S2 and way better than S3 and S4 where you can tell they were still adjusting from Ian leaving to make OK KO.

The show's mundane and magical sides drifted further apart.

Early Steven Universe tended to mix them within the individual episodes, so we get bits of Gem lore even in "townie" episodes and the human characters get development even in the magic-focused episodes. In the later seasons it was more like they alternated between Steven delving deeper into the Deepest Lore in one episode and then doing Beach City shenanigans in the next. The result was that the Gems missed out on a lot of development and the humans felt like filler.

fight scene in steven universe is not epic enough , svtfoe has better fight scene .

Attached: a asasas-star 3.png (1286x366, 638K)