Patrick Gleason is the new Amazing Spider-Man artist

comics-now.com/home/2019/5/5/the-amazing-patrick-gleason-coming-to-spider-man-this-summer

Attached: gleason.jpg (900x1200, 189K)

Other urls found in this thread:

adventuresinpoortaste.com/2019/05/05/marvel-comics-announces-exclusive-agreement-with-pat-gleason/
twitter.com/patrick_gleason/status/1125147449532792832?s=21
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Holy shit! Is that Ketch???!! Marvel don't play with my emotions like this...

>No Carol on the splash
TRASH

Attached: 1453152634063.jpg (287x401, 87K)

So it means this is *big spider news* they were talking about?

>Batvenom
The fuck did I miss

They got a big DC artist

>Patrick Gleason
spiderfags are spoiled

Cates' run. The symbiote got new power from being joined with a primordial void god.

Yes Carol is trash.

>no ramos
Name something more based

Attached: 1534542868292.png (603x438, 200K)

Eh, Ramos got better,

>Ramos is FINALLY fucking gone
I’m so fucking happy
No he fucking didn’t you goddamn mongoloid

>Spider-Man & Ghost Spider are in this
Is there a possibility for this ship to happen now?

I actually like his art. It may be cartoonish, but it has style

You need a fucking life if you don't know how to have fun you sad shit

>DC Comics lost Patrick Gleason

Holy shit, DC! Get your shit together!!!

>but it has style
>It looks like shit but it has “””soul”””
You have garbage taste
Marvel lost Maleev and Marquez so DC is still ahead. Gleason will be great if he can keep up with doubleshipping

>DC fans will surely mourn the loss of one of the publisher’s most talented artists, but Marvel Zombies rejoice! The insanely good Patrick Gleason is coming to the House of Ideas, and he’s going to take on its most iconic character.
Dang, DC did lose Gleason. I wonder who is next?

She is trash and thus is in the trashcan.

>Get Bendis
>Lose Supersons

>Lose Gleason

The cancer keeps spreading.

DC is gonna lose all their good writers and artists and Bendis will bring in Marvel’s worst (like Slott, Aaron, Ramos, and Land)

and? DC is dead and everyone is jumping ship we've literally known this for months

God! Please yes!

RAMOS IS GONE

Attached: crab.gif (220x125, 847K)

>Aaron
>bad

Shit taste. Kill yourself.

When you have an opportunity to play in champions league while you currently are in the euro league, you take it

>another one jump the DC ship

lol

Spencer has real star power if his Spider-Man peeled off Ottley and Gleason.

guys, they got Bendis.
i think this is a fair exchange.

Not him but Aaron is horrible.

You haven't read the run have you? Ramos is based now

>Slott, Aaron, Ramos
>Bad
Go kill yourself

What have we done to live in such a Based Marvelous timeline?

Attached: DCeased.jpg (1920x800, 131K)

DC has never been great. They had something and they keep fucking up. So yes everyone is jumping at Marvel because they've been great, but also Image and other unknown comic industries are looking to fill DC's void

At this point I'd rather have Slott and Aaron over Snyder and King.

Jason Aaron is the greatest. He knows his stuff well, and his Thor run since the beginning has been fantastic

Good, Gleason isn’t a good fit at DC

not that user, but this is sadly true

aaron used to be good but has been shit for years now. slott was never good, inb4muhgreatlakes or shehulkfags

This is dishonest.
I agree he can't write some characters for shit - see Spider-Man - but he is a good writer.

Oh fuck off. DC still has the better stable, and they just took Marquez too. Marvelcucks wilo jump at anything to make themselves look better. Gleason has been shit for over a year

He will probably still be drawing filler arcs and issues, this isn't any different from when they announced Ottley. As long as they keep doing 2-4 issues a month the art is going to be hit or miss.

As a DCfag I sadly have to agree. I'm frustrated by DC, while Rebirth wasn't great, they really had something to build upon, but they fucked up yet again. Justice League is unreadable exposition and King is just a depressing slog. The only stuff I really enjoy currently is Hawkman, Shazam, Detective, Green Lantern, Terrifics and Super Sons while it lasts.

This. Plus no matter how bad Marvel's comics do the amazing movies, tv shows, cartoons, animated movies, and video games will make sure it stays around for a looooooong time

unlike DC which has literally nothing

I'm basing on the fact he turned the ghost riders into a bootleg supernatural green lantern corps

>he is suddently bad
lol just like Bendis became suddently good
DCfags have the weirdest stockholm syndrome

DC is going to dissapear in the next 5 years at this rate.

Whatever you say, marveldrone.

I'm not the one enjoying Snyder and King, so more power to you. I wish I could.

>DC has a better stable

This is not true.

thank God I couldn't stand Ramos

that's being optimistic

with how shazam bombed and the streaming service losing hundreds of millions I think it's more than likely a lot sooner

Neither am I. On the other hand, you are the idiot enjoying Aaron and Slott.

That and DC is just in a shitty place now, user. Like REALLY shit.

No. It isn't and it never will be, they just made Johnny look like Danny starting like 20 years ago.

Oh please, no matter the shit Aaron and Slott can conjure up, they will never be completely unreadable like Snyder and King. Snyder is just exposition and King is just autistic characters and PTSD.

DC fans are stuck in this delusion where it's still the 90s and early 2000s. I guess reality is just to difficult for them to grasp and the saddest thing is it's just going to get worse from here now that Based Marvel has the biggest movie of all time and DC has... shazam

Will his Amazing Spider-Daughter come in to be drawn by her iconic artist?

They are far far worse, actually.

He's marvel exclusive
adventuresinpoortaste.com/2019/05/05/marvel-comics-announces-exclusive-agreement-with-pat-gleason/

He's supposed to be coming back in june tho...

Me again

DC fucked up Supersons when they age Superboy up and Tomasi's Superman. They even fucked up the New 52. Lex is a villain again, and there hasn't been an attemp to create new villains. The continuity is a complete mess that nothing makes sense anymore

This is the problem with DC. They start good, but it gets fucked everytime as it goes. There still hasn't been any attempts to continue the Injustice 2 comic. Elseworld stories tends to be the only thing that matters now, while the main continuity means nothing

>I'm frustrated by DC, while Rebirth wasn't great, they really had something to build upon, but they fucked up yet again
They absolutely need to fix this. Either reboot the whole continuity, or at least reorganize the whole thing so it will makes more sense. Continuity has always been the main problem here. This universe doesn't know what to be, and nothing new was ever being made in DC

That is spot on correct, but I like the comics still

Is Rocksteady still doing the Superman game? We heard nothing from it

Talking about the movies is irrelevant.
But the fact that the DC comics are shit doesn't help either.

Better shot

Attached: 768697EF-7BB9-45A3-9C3C-A12A461D5638.jpg (1200x1170, 524K)

>“I am so pumped to be joining the Marvel family as a newly exclusive artist and writer,” said Gleason.

He's writing too

Attached: Marvel_Promo_Gleason.jpg (1024x804, 324K)

There have been more Ghost Riders long before Robbie or any others. It's not the first time

Oh shit, that's Danny

>Is Rocksteady still doing the Superman game? We heard nothing from it
No, they debunked it months ago. Then it was supposed to be an Outlaws game that was supposed to be announced like a week or two ago but that obviously never happened either. There has been nothing since the Lego Villains game

DCdroning too much. Wait until Snyder goes to Marvel (which he will in some years), and Marvelcucks start shitting on him.

Be more subtle next time, Ladderbro.

Land was at DC before.

Is that Hyperion ?

Marvelcucks are going to gobble him up if they eat up Jason Aaron's garbage. Marvelcucks also desperately wish they had Tom King.

>They absolutely need to fix this. Either reboot the whole continuity, or at least reorganize the whole thing so it will makes more sense. Continuity has always been the main problem here. This universe doesn't know what to be, and nothing new was ever being made in DC

Reboot will make things even worse. You don't want another New 52 debacle. It'll be the last straw and it will make the company a laughingstock.

But I don't have faith of things ever changing until DiDio goes away, if that is even possible.

Can you prove you're a DC fan?

No Marvelfag has ever praised Bendis, unlike the shilling operation that is going on right now.

But by all means, say spit your rage. You totally seem like a guy to be taken seriously and not a severe case of butthurt.

I will.

Attached: kek.png (383x161, 6K)

>No Marvelfag has ever praised Bendis
How new are you? Every marvelfag loves his DD and USM.

No. Batman senpai is killing it:

- Batman by King is absolutely phenomenal
- Tec by Tomasi is excellent
- Nightwing is great, seeing Dick still know he’s a hero despite his hardships
- Red Hood has been brill, and super hyped for some more Biz and Art stuff!

Superman stuff has been amazing under Bendis:
- Superman with Reid is amazing
- Action Comics is actually so fucking good
- Supergirl under Andreyko has been awesome

Heroes in Crisis is absolutely outstanding and such an amazing story

Justice League books are the best:
- Justice League has been so epic and the art has been amazing! Best since Morrison’s!
- Justice League Dark has been really intriguing and the art has been awesome
- Justice League Odyssey has hit its stride with Abnett at the helm

oh my god, The Green Lantern and Hawkman have been ducking awesome!!

Batman who Laughs has been sick and this new Batman/Superman series looks kick ass with Williamson and Marquez

The Flash has been amazing with Williamson, Kolins, Duce, Porter and Sandoval

The Wonder Comics imprint has been so good with Naomi, Young Justice and Dial H

Oh let’s not forget how awesome Aquaman and Shazam are! And Doomsday Clock!

I’m
So so so fucking hyped for the year of the Villain! I’m getting all of the card stock variants and I’m
So pumped for
dC this year
And ongoing!

>Didn't put Carol on his promo
Give him back to DC

Attached: 1532091143182.jpg (688x555, 106K)

That was before he decided tracing was the way to go. Land post-Crossgen is basically where he gets all the hate. Pre-Crossgen Land at DC was serviceable and had a bunch of Batbooks to his name.

What version of Gimp are you using, Ladderbro?

Unironically this.

Fuck off retard, to this day marveldrones still defend Alias.

Aw man, was really enjoying his YJ stuff.

Hopefully he colours his own stuff, that's when he's at his most interesting. That Marvel splash doesn't do much for me.

Wait is Ottley gone? Or is it rotating between him and Gleason?

Please don't take Ottley off Spider-man

Rebirth was Geoff Johns thing. And Johns is out after he lost his position at DC.

Keep reaching harder, faggot.

>No Marvelfag has ever praised Bendis

Attached: bait23.png (180x409, 196K)

It's just that he hasn't had a chance to use them even once since that happened.

>Tomasi and Gleason split
Weird

Ramos is gone, rotating between Ottley and Gleason

DD is considered his only decent work, everyone hated USM by the end of it.

And you know what happened? It got fired. Being honest about the quality of something actually lead to change.

look how passionate you are

>And Johns is out a
I wish...

It's over, then.

Woah holy shit

>artist leaves DC
>Marvelbronies automatically consider artist the greatest ever

>look how passionate you are
Says Ladderbro.

Attached: 1526405092281.jpg (788x926, 92K)

itt:DCshill

>Superman stuff has been amazing under Bendis:
>- Batman by King is absolutely phenomenal
>- Supergirl under Andreyko has been awesome
>Justice League books are the best

None of these are close to being true. King, Bendis, Snyder and his stooges are the cancer that's killing DC.

Gleason leaving DC after decades is certainly indicative of his feelings of being booted from the Superman book with Tomasi and not getting a 100 issue run like King despite selling better than Bendis.

>implying

Check the archives all you want, and the compare it with the "Bendis is doing well now at DC", let's see who has the majority of bullshit.

Batman is selling under a 100K and Heroes in Crisis sold less than Metal and Doomsday Clock (which isn’t even finished)

Wally is the best Flash.

Oh boy, I can't wait for Hopeless to get his hands on DC's teen heroes.

Attached: AA.jpg (325x499, 47K)

must be a sad day for you, keep forcing yourself in this thread with your avatar fagging.

Attached: yawn.png (202x82, 2K)

Attached: 001.jpg (498x498, 71K)

>avatar fagging
You have wasted decades of your life in Yea Forums and you don't even know the most basic Yea Forums vocabulary. Amazing.

holy shilling, Batman!

Gleason and Tomasi apparently talked about doing a 100 issue run on Superman (like King did on Batman). So it's probable DC higher ups made promises only to kick them off the book when Bendis came along to Didio begging for a Superman job. Likely Gleason took it harder than Tomasi who is still a DC company man at heart.

Fucking pathetic.

Attached: this is still bait.jpg (576x607, 45K)

DC should bring back the JSA (and not in a terrible “up-to-date” manner like Earth 2. And not make Alan Scott gay).

no there wasn't....first time any mention of the spirits of vengeance was back during the road to vengeance the missing link story line. There were four and they died in a battle with Zarathos and all were absorbed in the medallion of power. Aaron started it as he even said in a interview that there should be more.

>waah waah
If I were you, I'd start another MCU thread to feel better, Ladderbro.

>do you even Yea Forums
wow what an epic come back, upvoted

I should point out that no Marvelfag has defended anything that he did in the last 5 years.

DCfags on the other hand started defending him the moment he joined them and it took till issue 3 of his superman for them to give up.

I loved Ottley but I love Gleason even more. I'm so glad Pete has been seeing the success that he has within the past year or so

>still no proves

Feel free to dumb your whole folder while you are at it.

>upvoted
Good idea, go back to redit.

>backpedaling
Like clockwork.

DC is just going to outright abandon the continuity and every book will just exist within itself.

>upvoted
You might be typing that ironically, but you probably did look for the upvote button for the first two weeks since coming here from... that place.

> DC drove away one of their best artists.

Bendis is a sleeper agent isn't he? He's going to tank DC.

>Justice League books
You mean bootleg Hickman Avengers?

Who are Whip Lady, guy who looks like Wiccan, and green and gold girl with wings?

Outside of Johns, DC doesn't care for the JSA. Remember how after Johns left the book, they gave it to Willingham and later Guggenheim who both mishandled the book. The current people running the company don't care for JSA. But that's been the company line for decades. It's usually just a few individuals who buck the trend.

Pretty much. Tomasi and Gleason had a lot of stuff planned for Superman and Bendis taking over derailed everything. Along with Gleason being pulled by Bendis at every direction. Not to mention the dismantling of the Super Sons.

I think the biggest issue with DC today is editorial. There is something really fucking wrong over there and I don’t know what.

This news hurts me a bit because I’m really more of DC guy ngl. I prefer DCs individual stories more than Marvels overarching stories and runs. Most of the talent in the industry to me that still put out good work are like 50-60 years old by now, a lot of them are jumping ship and new writers are moving away to independent guys like Image because they had better deals.
Man it sucks too, DC pre-Flashpoint was promising, one year later, JSA, 52 and Infinite crisis were all great imo. Now after this reboot they basically crippled themselves, they can’t go back to those great stories because people will call them out for retreading storylines (plus it makes no sense with the reboot and all) maybe thats why you see characters getting rushed origins or mediocre stories, its because they’re trying their hardest to stand out while having the weight of their previous continuity on their shoulders.

Token characters.

Nice bait.

Nah, they were eating up Jessica Jones and even Defenders a bit. There's some ironic shitposting about Bendis being good but for the most part he is seen as a cancer. Just because you wish something to be true doesn't mean it is so.

>Heroes in Crisis is absolutely outstanding and such an amazing story

user....

Attached: as good as batman.png (597x3199, 3.45M)

You’re retarded. Gleason literally was working with Bendis on Action and YJ yet you think he was mad at Bendis? He took Spider-Man because it’s fucking Spider-Man and he’s been at DC for around 10 years.

>+0.5$

Attached: shill.png (457x114, 5K)

You mean proof? This is the last reply you're getting, you retarded shill. Go back to wanking off Bendis and Slott.

Nice pasta.

>should point out that no Marvelfag has defended anything that he did in the last 5 years.
I must have misremembered all those Defenders and Jessica Jones shill threads then. Lmao you’re a fucking retard Ladderbro

>Jessica Jones
All I remember from the first storytime were people yelling about synergy and hating it.

Post some proof.

>Guggenheim
Last issue of JSA was super bland. What a way to go, huh?

He’s doing a good job of it so far.

>Defenders
Wait, people cared about that beyond the Loss page?

Hackman just ripped off Morrison so it all evens out in the end

I didn't know Gwen was now in the 616. :V

Then why leave DC? He has been there since Infinite Crisis. Close to 15 years. He has had plenty of opportunities to go work for Marvel and yet this is the first time he has jumped ship.

not him, post them.

Honestly, for years I believed he was a sleeper for DC trying to tank Marvel from the inside.

After CW2 they rewarded him with Superman, but all the years of writing bad comics striped him of the ability to do anything good.

>DC pre-Flashpoint was promising
No it wasn’t. The Superbooks were absolute fucking garbage after New Krypton flopped. The only good book was Cornell’s Action Comics book. Flash was fucking garbage with Barry Allan. Justice League was fucking terrible with Robinson. WW had already gotten a shitty reboot under JMS.

Anyone who waxed nostalgic about the status quo right before Flashpoint is a retard.

True, but what they rip off they do better.

Attached: Good one.png (233x190, 41K)

Thank god they made a better version of it.
Could you imagine a world with only DC? capeshit would be done decades ago.

People sometimes want change. Not everyone's a retarded company faggot like you and most people in the industry like both, even if they prefer the other. Gleason probably though he should draw some Spider-man or something before he's 80 and unable to draw anymore.

>Then why leave DC?
Because he’s spent 10+ years there? Same reason Bendis and Marquez made the jump to DC: He wanted to do something different. What are you a company cuck who continues working at the same place forever?

For some reason I can't save images from Twitter, here is the non-blurry artwork
>twitter.com/patrick_gleason/status/1125147449532792832?s=21

I do like Harley not being a silly slap-stick character who can use her brain to outsmart people, but the Trinity of all things...

Gleason for Marquez is a pretty good trade actually.

Gonna miss Marquez Carol

We need a "every final issue before Flashpoint" storytime to remind them some day.

But the New52 didn't help things at all and made bad books even worse. Only Aquaman and Animalman came out better for it.

Is that Hyperion? Why the mask? Why does he look like the father from Incredibles?

You read how he handles Mils Morales? He starts of great, but became shit when he became another Peter Parker. I mean there was so much concept he could have used but did nothing. Miles transition to the 616 was made worse by him and never got better

He was writing GOTG, but never read any comics about them

His Riri character was made even worse. He unintentionally created another supervillain that pretends to be a hero

His Civil War 2 story downgraded Carol so badly, and the story was made even worse, that even the writers doing the tie-ins want to ignore it greatly

Then he and the other writer introduced the Miles Morales & Gwen Stacy ship that was so forced I barfed. I mean it was written so terribly that it made no sense why it has to happen and hurt both characters as a result

Bendis is a piece of shit writer that has no regards of continuity and just wants to do what he likes. He is just pure awful that nothing he does made any story better. Juust more crappy dialogues

>All I remember from the first storytime were people yelling about synergy and hating it.
Let’s see some screen caps of this then

At least try to post an argument.

This is the future DC supports.

Oh shit, wow.
Thanks for reminding me about this shit user. I WAS blinded by nostalgia, completely forgot all about JMS WW.

Something about him might being an LMD, we aren't sure yet.

>But the New52 didn't help things at all and made bad books even worse
Disagree. Action Comics was good under Cornell but I liked Morrison more. Johns JL > Robinson JL. Azzarelo’s WW was way fucking better than any WW run since Simone.

Some books which were shit got worse like Teen Titans though I’ll give you that.

He seems truly excited and happy. Wonder how badly dc and bendis treated him

There were like 3 good DC books before Flashpoint. Moz Batman, REBELS, Lemire Superboy. Cornell Action had that great Lex story but then was Doomsday shit

Except the JMS Superman and Wonder Woman books were basically filler from day one for the inevitable reboot. JMS has talked about this on facebook when New 52 was announced.

I hope Marvel steals DexterS0y next

Slott has an outstanding offer to write Batman and Superman whenever he wants

i hate ramos, but i haven’t minded his work on hunted so far

>Except the JMS Superman and Wonder Woman books were basically filler from day one for the inevitable reboot.
Doesn’t mean they weren’t dogshit though. And frankly when JMS wrote Superman without the reboot hanging over him in Earth One he didn’t exactly do a great job.

T.facebook ape

>No it wasn’t
Batman was great before New 52 fucked it up. And Zatana's book was decent.

And he does more Carol, yes
Spider-Woman book??

Attached: ms_captain_marvel_by_nefar007-d57l1wr.jpg (697x1200, 335K)

Aquaman/Animal Man/Swamp Thing were going to happen regardless. They had been planned by Johns with Snyder/Lemire (and apparently Berger) as post-Brightest Day books. The rotworld related stuff was left over from whatever Blackest Day/Brightest Day related stuff they had been planning. Also there was a Robinson Hawkman and a Cleving Firestorm, but they got replaced by people that editorial liked (Daniel, EVS/Simone).

Morrison is still mad about treatment during X-men i think

>Hurr Snyder bad
Ok Yea Forumsntrarian but even this shithole of a site was religiously following Snyder New 52 Batman. Batman didn’t suffer at all from the reboot in fact saleswise it was when he began consistently selling 100k.

>Let’s see some screen caps of this then
I asked you first.

You know why

Attached: 1531308080608.jpg (269x206, 11K)

Does DC even have any good writers? I'm sure nobody would mind then losing Snyder, Tynion, Venditti or Tomasi.

He spends waaay more time establishing DC and their Multiverse. I admire that at least, even though he could’ve done more if he’d gone solo with the Idea. Then again he is like 59 and its far too late for him to go making his own Multiverse (at least to my knowledge).

I just love how he draws action scenes and women, so maybe an X-book

Snyder might have been decent, but could you say the same for New 52 Nightwing, Detective Comics, the Finch Batbook or Batgirl? With exception to Finch all of these had been put on permanent crossover mode with Snyder's main Batbook by the editor (mike marts). And as a result the rest of the Batbooks suffered for the main book being alright.

That's a good thing then.

Because it doesn't fit the narrative of the scary Bendis boogeyman ruining everything at DC. Dude's a shit writer and yeah people liked Tomasi's stuff, but there's no proof of him being some malicious industry ruining boogeyman that sends people fleeing to the first company that'll take them. A lot of his coworkers actually like him for whatever reason.

only Castellucci, Lobdell, Priest, Russell and Yang

The same could be said for Marvel. Rosenberg, Waid, Slott, Aaron, Cates, etc. Both companies are lacking on the writer front. At least DC has Morrison.

Tomasi (AKA the Super Sons guy) might be the best writer DC has on staff right now.

Batman was written by Tony Daniels, wasn't it?

>Tynion
He’s like a worse Johns imo. His current arc in JLD is basically Day of Vengance with Fate instead of Spectre. The art is good though, which is why I still plan on reading it.

Snyder is a hack that rehashed the core elements of Morrison's run and constantly wanted to write The Next Big Batman Story(tm).
The only good thing from his run was the art, and that's not on him.

>even this shithole of a site was religiously following Snyder New 52 Batman
Yeah, Yea Forums tends to have the shittiest of tastes.

>Batman didn’t suffer at all from the reboot in fact saleswise it was when he began consistently selling 100k.
Batman suffered from the reboot. His books didn't, which was the entire point of the reboot. Get new readers by creating a jumping point.

one of the good consistent things about Bendis is he almost always works with a great artist which i don't think would keep happening if he was an asshole/bad to work with

His Superman was hardly filler. His arrival in Superman was celebrated like Bendis, and his star power was expected to sell after New Krypton had deflated sales to 30K.

Well, Marvel also has Ewing, I don't think any other writer can compare when it comes to deep lore and being anal about continuity.

Waid is pretty good in Dr.Strange (or so I’ve heard) but I agree with the rest. Is there a big slump in the quality of writers within the Big 2 today? I think everything is pretty bland and repetitive.

Ottley has been the main artist for a while

That's a dire indictment on the state of DC.

Lol. And I'm the president of the united states.
Tomasi appeals to redditors and people who think Pixar movies are some sort of artistic achievements.

But it's true, that Super Sons book might just be the best thing DC is putting out.

Probably not. Most of the money for writers is probably in indie publishing now. So a lot of the talent is bypassing the traditional routes and just making their own stories and potential franchises that movie studios might be interested in (Mark Millar has shown how profitable that angle is).

>everything I don't like is related to reddit

Go back to your onions-milk.

Yang can't into capeshit, and neither can Castelluci. Lobdell is shit.

Nothing about that indicates good writing.

You mean one of the worst? Tomasi is not fit to tie Morrison, Priest or Russell's shoes. He has never written anything good in his life.

>Most of the money for writers is probably in indie publishing now.

Can’t believe we live in a decade where DC and Marvels main competitor are homosexual webcomics and Indie porn comics.

No, it isn't. Go back to creative writing, Peter. It isn't even half as good as GL or Wonder Twins.

>>>r/eddit

>Wonder Twins
At least we can agree that is a good book.

>Nothing about that indicates good writing.
True, but things like the return of Joe Chill are an indication of an enjoyable book.

Thunderlust was pretty funny and the prison page was great.

Yeah, if he was some sort of raging shithead behind the scenes, you'd get more people bailing. The only real bad thing I can think of was him, Aaron, and Wood all fighting over the X-Men shit, but a lot of that falls on Nick Lowe's shit job as the X-editor.

We will never forget Drunkula....

Most writers saw what happened with Alan Moore and don't want the same to happen to them. Even the writers at DC and Marvel don't care about writing for their companies. Most of their work seems like they're just writing on auto pilot with no effort at all. 20 years ago, Lemire, Aaron, Snyder would've put more efforts in their work for hire. See the difference between Scalped, Black Hammer, American Vampire and Batman, Thor, Animal Man.

>This amount of Marvel shilling.
Damn. Getting one artist that has worked exclusively for DC during the last 15 years is really the best thing that has ever happened to Marvel.

Hopefully Gleason will advise Marvel to stop writing the same "DOOM BECOMES OMNIPOTENT OMG" shit every year. No Marvel artist is creative enough to come up with something different, but maybe a DC artist willl do.

Looks too much like the same dude who is doing art on avengers, there’s really nothing that stands out about it, it’s so bland

I like Animal Man.
It gave Buddy some closure which is nice and the ending was sweet but thats just me.

Loli Black Widow.

Tommy you are more autistic than Lorenzo Coltellacci and Francesco Consonni. COMBINED. Rinale

Not Tommy but who are they?

Fucking bitter baldman

Probably his Italian boyfriends.

Aaron dropped the ball on Thor hard and is seemingly the exact reason why Thor can't ever been mythological anymore, which is ironic as he seemed to want to bring that back.

Search them on fb( in the private group Empire)

Why does Aaron like killing gods/worshippers so much?

This shit was brilliant too.

Attached: 1552490267194.jpg (1988x3056, 1.08M)

>fb
Jesus, you sure you aren’t a grandpa?
Anyway, not interested anymore. Curiosity just died a bit, thanks.

What kind of autism is that?

Fuck off, Italianfag. Why do you even suck Marvel's balls? Shouldn't you be reading fumetti or something

He is an atheist from Mississippi (aka Jesus country).

>DC raging retardness comes from an italian fb group

I thought they coordinated themselves on discord, but this is even worse.

Thor can be fixed. They can just soft reboot the book like what happened after the Jurgens's run ran its course and then Marvel brought in JMS with Gaiman advising him to fix everything.

>atheist from Mississippi (aka Jesus country).
That really explains everything. I guess Aaron is like a Zebra with no stripes and takes out his anger in the comics but thats just from what I gather.

You people have shit taste if you prefer this to based ramos

Before JMS, "Thor" had been canceled and went without an ongoing for, what? 4 years?

That's pathetic for one of the "big 3" of the Avengers.

>Announce Ottley
>he does maybe 5 issues of his entire run
>most of it is done by fucking Ramos including the big Kraven story
Is Gleason at least able to draw more than one comic every three months so I don't have to be subject to Ramos' "art"?

her book was good, but had a shit load of fill-in writers because Dini had deadline issues and it had terrible sales. Even if the New 52 had not killed it, it wouldn't have lasted much longer

China Mieville's Dial H series had also been planned as a Vertigo title, but then upper editorial/WB decided to take back all of the sequestered DC IP's that the Vertigo office held.
That's why Berger was his direct editor on it. Apparently he had a thirty issue contract, but low sales caused it to be cancelled around #15. Those low sales were still better than a lot of Vertigo titles at the time, and would have been a longer run under those lower expectations

Hell no, it went to shit once Thor became unworthy and even now it's hokey and boring as fuck.

>Bendis goes to DC
>Gleason goes to Marvel
How is it possible for someone to fuck up this bad?

Attached: didioandlee[1].jpg (2280x1280, 245K)

>Yang can't into capeshit
>New Super-Man the best thing DC's published this decade

Super Sons is bad

Rebirth was great for about a year and a half, then in the months before Bendis came on board, they started re-organizing shit and everyone suffered for it.

They made him work with Bendis in Action Comics so he left that book, then they made him work with him again in Young Justice so he left that book too. Since they don't let him hang out with his buddy Tomasi and DC keeps forcing him to work exclusively with Bendis the only way out for him was Marvel.
It's like DC is slowly trying to kill themselves.

Attached: DjDNI4DVAAA9W1J[1].jpg (575x1024, 89K)

Whip Lady is Valkyrie (Jane Foster), guy who looks like Wiccan is one of the MCs from those Chinese manhwas that Marvel publishes over there, and girl on the far right is "Wave" the """"first Phillipino superhero!"""" or something along those lines.

Masked Hyperion is his classic look.

>Speaking ill of Aaron's Thor
You know the reason why there are anons here praising Aaron, right?

Attached: aJOUO6e.jpg (1536x2048, 309K)

>Rebirth was great
>Batman, Detective Comics, Justice League, Green Lantern, Titans books were shitty from the start

Tell that to Robo Hex's cold steel body. F.
>Slott
>not bad
The man hogged Spider-Man for years and never managed to get a good story out after Superior ended.

Not everything can be as good as "West Coast Avengers", sweet.

YJ has been coming out monthly, so probably.

Superman, AC, TT, Deathstroke, RHatO, Aquaman and every Young Animal book would have words with you.

Batman didn't get bad till Night Of the Monstermen.

>Titans was shit
Isn't that just the status quo

He will say something like "T-These books aren't good. Good is Doctor Doom becoming omnipotent as written by based Marvel" or some shit like that.

Attached: doom is my hero.png (741x161, 22K)

>Gleason will no longer be drawing YJ
>No more delicious Gleason Bart

Why should I even wake up tomorrow?

>they don't let him hang out with his buddy Tomasi
That's a sin. Tomasi and Gleason are a fucking powerhouse team. It's even more of a shame since they have such a history at DC, and a good track record to boot.

first two issues were bad

>we get Bendis
>give Gleason to Marvel
Is Didio deliberately trying to tank the company or something? Please take care of our boy Marvel bros

>Please take care of our boy Marvel bros
He's on Spiderman, it's hard to give him something bigger than that.

>Tec by Tomasi
>Supergirl under Andreyko
>Super Sons by Tomasi RIP
Are the only Bat/Super family books I'm pulling. The rest of the books in those familys are trash.

Yeah, can't get any higher than Humberto Ramos' position.

oh fuck off ramos

>shitty from the start
>Batman
Started decent and just fluctuated until finally succumbing to utter shit
>Detective Comics
Was pretty alright but it got irritatingly bad from time to time
>Justice League
Every issue here felt like a shitty filler from start to end. It wasn't until Snyder got his hands on the new volume that it actually felt like a JL book.
>Green Lantern
You're either talking about Green Lanterns or Hal n Pals but either way you're wrong. I admit GLs went pretty aimless after Humphries left the book though.
>Titans
Promising start but only had a good first arc, everything else was Abnett coming up with whatever shit came to his mind

you gots bad taste bruh

>RHO by Lobdell
>trash

Attached: 01a.gif (320x181, 276K)

give me your takes on this

I dropped it when Biz are Artemis left. Fucking loved it before that though.

those were all pretty bad books from the start, there's nothing to defend just less than mediocre capeshit, it's serviceable but not good in any way

This obviously

He should join up with Marvel then.
His early Avengers run wasn’t that good, but it could’ve been fun to see him pull a Rebirth on Marvel and become its next big architect.

JMS tends to be an "I DINDU NUFFIN AND WAS SCREWED OVER" type of guy so I'm not willing to believe him. Especially since it's well known that Flashpoint was supposed to end with things going back to normal and the decision to end it with the reboot didn't come until partway through since the reboot was a hail mary by the upper levels of DC management to save their jobs ahead of the LA move.

His run on both books was a failure and in usual JMS fashion he decides to shift blame to other factors despite how much it might contradict reality.

God damn it.
It looks like he is trying to stylize himself too much. Those sharp edges on Hyperion, those exaggerated mouths.
His art was perfect at Dc, stop changing shit that isn't broken.

Thor and Valkyrie look good and like his work. But Wolverine is screaming Andy Kubert-ish-ness to me and he is far lesser then Gleason.

>Marvel lost Maleev
Who fucking sucks.

> Ivan Reis + Liam Sharp on Thor after Aaron fucks off...
Please god.

Attached: TWar.jpg (2315x1250, 2.55M)

please don't remind me that this art was wasted on that cross-over

Trinity War/Forever Evil was fairly good, not great but good.

I am still sad we didn't get these cool looking horror villains in this run.

Attached: 8b639cd4bb97811027b6aa9be0461b15.jpg (1200x1845, 480K)

>Hulk
>Thing
>Fucking Hyperion
Fuck. Yes.

Attached: received_2151527258256622.jpg (1024x470, 25K)

why do you want more house style?

His Hulk looks weird, too skinny almost. Thing looks great, though.

Man Clevinger really got fucked over at both Marvel and DC. Kind of sad.

This is what I'm saying. Tomasi/Gleason was the best thing to happen to Superman in awhile. Fucking Bendis cancer is spreading.

Ivan Reis sucks. His art is boring 2000s DC house style garbage. Completely undynamic and the very definition of the "action figures posing" style of American action art.

>tfw you're the only one on Yea Forums who was a snyderfan from the get go
Black Mirror and American Vampire hooked me. His Batman run has some great stuff in it too even though the joker stories are objectively trash

>no more Tomasi/Gleason duo
I'll admit Brad Walker has been good on Tec but damn I'll miss this duo

This reminds me, what the fuck is JRJR doing? Is still a DC exclusive?

probably not. He did a Daredevil variant recently

>His art is boring 2000s DC house style garbage
Garbage art is something that is incompetently drawn, you disliking a specific style doesn't mean it's garbage.
>and the very definition of the "action figures posing" style of American action art.
No that would be Jim Lee, Reis's art and anatomy is much better and less stiff then that.

Ivan Reis >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> every mangaka

People act like this is the death knell for DC, but they still have
>The Green Lantern
>Deathstroke
>Detective Comics (two issues into the new run and it's bananas already)
>The Wild Storm (and whatever Authority book launches out of it)
>Young Animal stuff like Doom Patrol
>Dial H for Hero
>The Terrifics (which has been consistently solid and has Yang on as writer now)
>Wonder Twins
Shazam! has been pretty good too, it's like classic Johns came back out of nowhere, plus we have the inevitable Legion and JSA relaunches to get to

I'm only following Immortal Hulk and Domino at Marvel right now. Everything else seems ehhh. ASM got boring as fuck by issue 6, loaded with tons of dialogue and doesn't let the art breathe, Leinil Yu made me drop Cap and his shitty art, and I'm only looking forward to Hickman X-Men

>ASM got boring as fuck by issue 6
Yeah, the road to Hunted and the Spidervese2 junk was kind of "ehhhh" but now that the the identity of that guy in rags is on the horizon I have faith it will pick back up once we get past Hunted.

Superman: Year One with Frank Miller.
>Who fucking sucks.
You are retarded. Maleev is fucking great, Yea Forums was always jacking off to his women, especially his Carol Danvers.
Marvel got Gleason, DC got Marquez. Pretty even trade honestly.

>He's writing too
i have a feeling that can only be good. he was part storyteller on superman w/ tomasi and that was comfy as fuck. plus marvel and dc have been doing really fucking well when the writer and artist are collaborating on story (jimnez on jl for this arc has been great and there's always waid and samnee) this could be fucking great

>mediocre Morrison wankfest
>ran out of steam multiple crossovers ago
>Tomasi is terrible
>the line is dead, no books are coming
>Way was the worst writer of the YA line, gave his brother a book too
>Dogfucker
>this immediately got good when Lemire left too bad it's probably d.o.a. with Yang and DC not promoting minority writers
>fun mini, actually good, nice
>worst version of Shazam

That's the problem. It's "competently drawn" and nothing more. There's nothing interesting about it. He's the modern day equivalent of Don Heck.

What reboot is this now?

DC Entertainment (which is the proper name for DC Comics as a business unit in Warner Brothers before and after the AT&T purchase) throws off in the billions in gross sales, not all of which is comics, to be honest, but a good $1B+ is, inclusive of Diamond sales, digital sales (Amazon, CMX, Googleplay, Nook, etc.), and regular retail, including non-Diamond booksellers.

In Gleason's case, he was never signed to an exclusive contract and he was possibly tired of dealing with or being stuck with Bendis and/or annoyed with the way his own writing was ignored, if he wants to do more than that.

Attached: angsty ladderbro is angsty.jpg (600x401, 29K)

>>He's writing too
>i have a feeling that can only be good.

THIS is probably why he agreed to it.
DiDio or Harras were stupid since I presume Gleason probably mentioned it to one of the editors or someone else that he wanted to get back into writing stories.

>Way was the worst writer
Way was the best writer. You got shit taste if you think Cave Carson, Shade or that Batwoman book were any good.

No, it wasn't. Not even close. It wasn't even good.

Bendis should be an editor, he's an idea guy.

>they really want spider-gwen to be a thing other than some spiderverse shit

Give her some fucking villains and her own story and city and shit

>then why leave DC?
Because they offered him fucking Spider-Man? If you had the chance to draw it write a Spidey book, you’d be retarded not to give it a shot.

she has her own universe, with all of that

Cry harder tommy. Marvel is beating dc's ass everywhere

who cares? as long as marvel has a strict feminist and sjw policy on how to draw female characters it really doesn´t matter which artist they get? they are gonna force him to censor himself anyway

Is she currently in 616 or her own universe?

They have got to fucking stop taking these characters out of their own universes.
How many damn issues did the modern Spider-Man 2099 series spend in 616?

>a dc artist wants to step up his career joining marvel
Geez what a surprise

>Gwen sporting pink ballet slippers
Cuuute

The new writer is doing that

>Whip Lady is Valkyrie (Jane Foster)
Who even likes this character? Why are we still just not using Sif?

Attached: Sif-jim_zone_012.jpg (605x890, 184K)

i'd solve valkyrie

>i'd solve
Im sorry did I sleep on a new meme?

in her own universe.
where she has been for years now.

There goes my only reason to read Young Justice

Fuck off shill

i know trying to start a meme is frowned upon but i really want people to use solve to mean fuck

>marvel is the champions league despite having two top ten books last month and falling behind in market share
You shitskins can't even meme. Go easy the brown off before posting again.

Saying he's good because you liked two trades worth of writing out of 30 is dishonest. The mans terrible.

>I will derail this thread with company wars NOW
Grow up

Snyder is no different from Aaron other than he tables the SJW shit and ark just goes full neckbeard with it. Slotts fantastic four is the best comic out of the four writers. And that not sayin it's good.

It's not a good average but I at least like to give credit where it's due.

That's not giving credit. That's demanding others pat you on the back and agree a terrible writer is good when he's atrocious.

Fuck off panjeet

I'm still surprised that Picelli hasn't come to DC yet.

>Gleason left DC
Surprised this didn't happen sooner. Also pretty happy about this, though not so happy on I assume Ryan Ottley being on nothing again.

>Patrick Gleason hate Bendis.

>Superman stuff has been amazing under Bendis:
>- Superman with Reid is amazing
>- Action Comics is actually so fucking good
>- Supergirl under Andreyko has been awesome
>Heroes in Crisis is absolutely outstanding and such an amazing story
>Justice League books are the best:
>- Justice League has been so epic and the art has been amazing! Best since Morrison’s!
>- Justice League Dark has been really intriguing and the art has been awesome
>- Justice League Odyssey has hit its stride with Abnett at the helm
Cancer.

Timdag still sucks Bendis cock.

YJ is dead.

Based Morrison

Man
>Bandis taking Over both Superman and Batman after King suicides himself
>Batgirl taked Over by Cecil Castellucci the one that made DARKSEID A RAPIST
>Aquaman taken Over by Kelly Sue Thompson ask me about my FEMINAZI agenda
>Rick Bullshit
>More portland writes incoming

Hope Priest and Tomasi leave for Marvel

Great. Gleason deserves better than Bendis's Supetrash.

Man, it is weird how Pat's work evokes the style of so many other artists depending on the character.

Good for him but but I loved his Damian and Jon.

Attached: 1465974669600.jpg (1988x3056, 1.3M)