Watchmen of other genres

Yea Forums, what are the Watchmen of other genres. I don't mean deconstructions, but what are the undisputed best of other genres in comics. Manga and Euro comics are welcome too.

Attached: 18m51g7p979yljpg.jpg (800x694, 80K)

This isn't a productive question and you know it. Please enhance your media literacy skills and then we can have more interesting conversations.

No offense but the whole "deconstruction" thing is overblown. It's a tight, thoughtful cape comic. Not a deconstruction which is somehow synonymous with "doing a thing well now."

Wat dat mean?
I'm just asking to list your favorite comics of different genres.

No, you asked for the "undisputed best" which is obviously a ridiculous phrase meant to incite argumentation.

>what comics do you think are the undisputed best?
Now you're just arguing for the sake of arguing.

Do you not understand what "undisputed" means? What a dumb thread.

This
Also this

OP is a casual faggot, read some more comics if you think Watchmen is the end all be all.

Cerebus the Aardvark for fantasy, but I don't trust this thread and I don't trust you to read it.

Daily Reminder:
>"Cerebus, as if I need to say so, is still to comic books what Hydrogen is to the Periodic Table, and is one of the only comics that I still read and enjoy regularly every month." - Alan Moore, author of Watchmen

It is widely considered the best capeshit comic. It is what undisputed means, dumbass. Are you just mad because your favorite Geoff Johns or Stan Lee comic isn't as highly praised?

It's not even Moore's best "dark realistic superhero comic", that's Miracleman. Dumb casual.

>implying alan moore has the same influence on the genre as stan lee

Watchmen only stands out because it's somewhat well done in a genre that is entirely shit

So, that's the reason you're so buttmad?
Miracleman has been the contrarian choice for decades because it was one of those rare cult comics which was out of print and only spoken about in dark corners of the interwebs. It's inferior to Watchmen, the later of which is miles better in terms of structure and character development.
Gaiman's Miracleman>Moore's Miracleman

Dick Tracy
Harvey Comics

Attached: dick_tracy.png (454x647, 706K)

Alan Moore was right, superhero’s are for children

People like you prove why Watchmenfags are so obnoxious

Watchmen absolutely is a deconstruction of Golden Age comics. Just because the term is over used it doesn't mean it's not accurate in describing Watchmen.

Obnoxious bevause they don't call a spade a spade?

Crime - Stray Bullets
Fantasy - Cerebus
Sci fi - Planetes/2001 nights
War - Dear Billy
Horror - From Hell

>Planetes
Nah.
>2001 nights
Yeah.

But if we're sticking to Yea Forumsmics, scifi is either Incal/Metabarons or Moonshadow.