In a world where people have super powers, having the ability to negate powers is the most overpowered thing...

In a world where people have super powers, having the ability to negate powers is the most overpowered thing. Prove me wrong.

Attached: 1537564617232.jpg (500x375, 43K)

If it’s your only power, not really

You'll get fucked up by any tech guy, ninja, or some faggot with a gun.

Okay, but what if you also have a gun.

Thats why you have to be a Batman level dude too nimrod.

If you have no other powers any sort of "peak human" absolutely destroys you.

I could probably still run you over with a car

You can always be taken done by someone who keeps their distance. Someone who has reality-warping powers can just make you fall of the planet or were never born. Mad Jim Gasper would wreck this guys shit.

>have power nullification
>get killed by random thug/cop

Unless all the powers you are nullifying have a common source/mechanic, the entire idea of power nullification is stupid.

Why? Superpowers don't make sense to begin with who gives a fuck.

>has nullifying powers
>everyone in universe says your power is shit even though it's always OP as hell when you use it

Attached: Asta_profile.png (624x883, 513K)

So plot armor and omnicompetence are your other superpowers then. Batman got fucked up by non-powered people before.

That's more of a classist thing, the wizards in that are all elitist cunts about magic.

It depends on the setting and how the power negation works.

Is your power negation always active? Or do you have to do something to activate it?

This isn't Yea Forums but Touma from A Certain Magical Index can negate powers(and possibly negate a lot of other stuff, assuming all the hints and foreshadowing actually happen) but he needs to touch his target first.

It is also important to note that ACMI's setting is full of a lot of crazy stuff.

Yeah but I could shoot you through the window

You don’t have super agility, real life ain’t like action movies.

ngl, wondering why you used a picture of YYH and not Index for this thread.

I can't.

Attached: file.png (600x670, 345K)

They do, it's magic.

Sure, it's not always /called/ magic. But it clearly is. Non-technology-based flight, speed force, strength ratios that exceed physics, mutants, "science-word-here" radiation, lanterns, cosmic rays, fucking Pym particles and what-have-you...it's all "magic", even if it isn't in Dr. Strange or Zatana's wheelhouses. It's all based on something that isn't real in the real world, that can't really be explained even when it's "explained".

If you nullify that which cannot exist in the real world, then it all has one common denominator. Conveniently called magic.

well, that's the whole premise of a Certain scientific Index