Don't move on from the past

>Don't move on from the past.
>stay obsessed with a woman long after she's dead and then you'll get to be with her
>If life isn't how you want it, abandon your friends and escape to a reality where things are how you want

What kind of lessons were they trying to teach with this ending?

Attached: 1550018637024.png (600x300, 475K)

With hard work and dedication you can get what you want, regardless of what everyone else wants you to be. You don't have to like it but he did it because he wanted to be happy. The real question is why can't you just let it go?

>Always put his job first
>Friends keep telling him to shill
>Super science gives him anew chance with his waifu
>Saved the universe
He deserved it, soldiers must rest too. If you have a chance for happiness take it, moron.

I heard that the Russos commented on it saying that Cap's actions will have repercussions in the future.

That the same guy that broke into a jail to free his GUILTY international criminal friends doesn't have a good moral sense. He was a cunt that believed things should be as he wanted and nothing else is worth it

Literally /ourguy/

>seething THIS HARD over a children’s movie that came out a week ago
HAVE

Sup, Ross, how's your golf swing?

You can judge him after you've been slung 70 years into the future.

My biggest gripe with this is that it takes away from that scene where Steve visits old Peggy at the hospital, one of the most emotional scenes in the MCU.

You’re misrepresenting events
He was trying to move on for 7 years but couldn’t because he was fundamentally non-compatible with the modern age.
Even when he tries and attempts to be selfless and devote himself to the greater good, he still has an inkling of selfishness from wanting to be back in his own era.
The finale of Endgame is basically Steve and Tony becoming a little more like each other: Tony dies doing something selfless and self-sacrificial, Steve dies relaxing and passing on his legacy to the next generation

>Don't move on from the past
How is it a bad thing considering how the world turned?

It was completely out of character. He went from saying his idea to settle down with a family was over as soon as he came out of the ice, and how some characters would tell him he needs war and conflict in his life and can't live in any other way without even trying to refute it, to pull this shit on a whim and without telling anyone.

Are the Russos saying that he's so weak minded that seeing Peggy for 10 seconds in 1970 completely shattered his resolution? He also saw her in Wanda's illusion back in AoU, and one scene later he was saying one of the things i mentioned above. It makes no sense.

This, "Letting go of the past" has been twisted into "Forget the past" there's a difference.
This idea in itself would make a good thematic message for one of these films.

It's not like Tony hasn't almost died before from sacrificing himself to save everyone, mind you. It's just that failing to save anyone in Infinity War and almost dying for it made him snap back hard to the other end of the spectrum with wanting to preserve what happiness he's been able to attain. But yes, he shares that whole "Knowing you have the power to help, and wanting to help because if you don't, bad things can happen" that Steve has, but that's always been an aspect of his character ever since the first movie when he saw the negative consequences of everything he had been doing up until that point and decided that he no longer wanted anything to do with that side of his work.

As for Steve, I don't think his problem was so much that he was non-compatible. He adapted, he moved on. He was fine in the modern age. The problem is that he still yearned for the life he missed out on from sacrificing himself to save everybody. Honestly speaking, he's well entitled to finding his own happy ending. What's wrong with wanting to retire from the hero life after giving so much? There's no longer any big danger and it's not as if world safety revolved entirely around him alone and, in fact, it never did; although he played a crucial role in a lot of events, it had always been a group effort. And there are people who can take over for him, people he can trust who can fill in the hole he leaves. So why not retire, yeah?

It still happened though.
Makes it worse in my opinion. Steve went back knowing his future with her would end with everything about him being forgotten.

Attached: 1525893252028.png (1423x189, 16K)

the lesson is bitches are everything.

latest installment in the eternal propaganda struggle by hos to paper over how limited their value in a mans life is compared to the whole rest of what the world has to offer.

rather than getting better to compete, they just want to put out propaganda and force it instead like always

>He was trying to move on for 7 years but couldn’t because he was fundamentally non-compatible with the modern age.

The snap really is was ruined everything. He kind of maybe was thinking about a future with Sharon, got his old buddy back, and made a new one with Sam, and then they all got dusted leaving him alone again for 5 years with an equally miserable Nat (who also ended up dying) and Bruce as his only friends.

Yep, totally America.

>saved the universe
You mean undid the thing that saved the universe

>abandon
Why do people keep using this word? Do they know what it means? He didn't abandon shit.

>there's no big danger

lol wtf? the world is in chaos though.

Does this mean Captain America just sat back and let 9/11 happen without warning anyone?

The world is in chaos and all the Avengers either died or left except for Hulk who's injured and not as smashy anymore. Carol and the Guardians left, Tchalla has his own country to worry about.

So I guess they're leaving protection of the world to Falcon Bucky and Antman and Strange.

He'd have to let every tragedy happen. Because everything would work out in the end.

We'll never know since he refused to talk about what he did in that timeline with Peggy.

>Cap did 9/11 with Peggy

Cap accepted that he could never be with Peggy and settle down like he wanted and would just keep fighting until it killed him because that's the hand he was dealt. There was no going back, but there was also no going forward. He was stuck.

Once an opportunity to actually go back to the life he wanted presented itself, he took it.

>Antman
I can see Hank hiding everything away from the Avengers and taking his shit back from Lang. He literally holds the key to a time machine and could probably replicate what Tony did

>Save the fucking universe
>Some retard on Yea Forums thinks it's selfish to retire after that

I unironically loved the ending, thematically speaking. It ends with the literal war veteran returning home to the woman he loved and living out the rest of his life with her. There's something very beautiful to that.

>He was trying to move on for 7 years but couldn’t
You are retarded.
The Russos are hacks that undid their own good work in TWS and CW in just 5 mins of screentime just for fanservice :"aww so romantic" for teenage girls and "lol Tits" for incels

Attached: 1556467905168.jpg (405x586, 36K)

I honestly preferred the original ending where Cap gets his dance with Peggy while time travelling, but he returns to present day and retires.

Fuck off. He literally saved the universe from genocide and he was given the chance to spend the rest of his life with the woman he loved.

If you wouldn't do the same you are fucking retarded.

Attached: 1556502766415.png (236x237, 90K)

>Let that version of himself rot in the ice
>doesn't even tell that he's from an alternate timeline
>absolutely denies what the Peggy from his own timeline said in the hospital scene in TWS
>let JFK, Missile crisis, Vietnam,Sandy Hook,and 9/11 happen
>also let pic related happen
>beautiful
T. Mouseshill

Attached: 1556236462865.png (1920x800, 1.21M)

>With hard work and dedication you can get what you want, regardless of what everyone else wants you to be

This is the most vicious lie that is perpetuated. True for only some does not make it true at all. It leads to the greatest disapointments and frustrations.

>Cap 9/11'd Peggy

>bone niece
>pic related
>two whole films of MUH BUCKY being a large part of his characterization, peaces out to twiddle his thumbs whilst Bucky gets horribly abused and tortured, the Starks are killed, Hydra infiltrates SHIELD etc
>mister "i cant sit back and let bad shit happen" apparently does this for years and years
Should have just retired and asked out the waitress from Avengers instead. Moving on, getting on with his life in a healthy manner and truly leaving the heroing life behind apart from babysitting his friends' kids sometimes would have been nice for Cap.

Attached: 1556309338334.jpg (1080x1920, 1.41M)

Cuck

Since he lived his life in an alternate timeline, is not creepy that the Peggy he married was not the Peggy he knew? She was an entirely different person and a complete stranger.

Joss Whedon wrote pic related, go fuck yourself.
Endgame was totally in line with TWS and Civil War.

>Saved the universe from genocide
By condemning it to total annihilation

Dude goes into his own pocket timeline to fuck Peggy, what makes you think that in his timeline, ANY of this shit happened?

>in line
>cap had moved on to Sharon

That's not the woman he loved. She died many years ago after living a happy life with her husband.

No it wasn't. Captain America abandoning what he stood for and instead taking the easy way out is never in line with the character. Never mind the fact that CW showed him moving on with Sharon.

With hard work and dedication most people will end up much better off than they would otherwise, even if they can't fulfill all their dreams.

Didnt he erase peggys family from this timeline? What about the other cap whos stuck in ice?

>The guy who quit being Cap about 5 times in the comics isn't allowed to retire in the MCU after saving the fucking universe
I will never agree with you, user.

He was selfless so he deserved to be with Peggy. Who cares if they got erased?

Attached: cap.jpg (407x960, 93K)

Peggy never married or had a family, so this is a happy end for her too

>Captain America abandoning what he stood for

I don't really see how it's abandoning with him going back as it will always come back to him facing down Thanos then going back to restart the process again.

The difference is that he always came back again and never quit permanently. That sort of dedication is what defines the character and what was sorely missing with the ending in Endgame.

One of two possibilities
>Peggy fucks Cap in alternate timeline
>Nobody gets "erased" because this timeline is unfolding as Cap lives in it

OR

>Cap causes a timeloop
>He was Peggy's husband all along
>Hence Peggy with dementia saying "wow you're so young!" in TWS
>Cap doesn't do any superheroing since it would create a time paradox

Pick your headcanon. This isn't that hard, folks.

>He went from saying his idea to settle down with a family was over as soon as he came out of the ice,
Everything Whedon did with Cap should be ignored.

Well fuck, man, Endgame literally just came out. In five years when we get another Avengers movie, who's to say they won't de-age Cap like in the comics so he can team-up to stop the next big bad? If Chris Evans wants to buy a new house he'll do it.

Ever think this shit made the setting too complicated now? Future movies have to address that half the world was dead for five years and are now back. There are multiple timelines with different dimensions like Mysterio's, and aliens have been living on Earth for half a decade and no one thinks much of it.

It's going to be hard to make movies about some new hero doing hero things in New York when they will have to somewhere address the snap shit at some point.

This is the most cuckled mindset I've ever seen.

>"Why work hard when some black guy is going to fuck my wife while I watch."

Literally your logic right now.

I'll agree that you can improve your situation, but that doesn't change the fact that there are too many factors outside your control to even imply that your outcome has parity with your effort. There are too many examples of that being completely wrong in real life.

>If Chris Evans wants to buy a new house he'll do it.
I got the feeling Evans is going to be sensible with his money and won't need to, but he'll swing back in for an Invaders movie or something special.

If they did Avengers/JLA sometimes in 30 years, I'm sure Marvel has contracts that let them CGI everyone back anyway.

The Bugle will just say "THANOS WAS ALL A HOAX!" and people will move on. So half the world was gone for a while, they're back now... oh well, it was probably a publicity stunt.

Let's settle this: was it an alternate reality or was it a time loop? I'm confused.

If your thoughts immediately go to a black man's dick, it says more about you than it does me

Nah, he wants to direct, and has said multiple times that it's nice having money to be able to do that, which capeshit helps him afford. I could easily see him doing it again later on, especially when the only thing that was written in stone when writing Endgame was Tony dying.

it was an alternate timeline

It's an alternate timeline.

But the end of Cap's story doesn't contradict the scene in your picture.
That scene is him straight up admitting that he really wanted to live a life with Peggy. But stopped wanting it when he thawed. The only thing his thawing changes about that dream is Peggy having lived a long life and moved on from him.

He didn't stop wanting a family and stability, he just accepted that the family he wanted was out of his reach. But then time travel made it possible.

When your service is over, you get to go home.

It definitely made it so that there is no "normal space" for regular people to live regular lives and to claim all the weird stuff happens in other continents or on other planets, in other nations far away etc. Now Avengers weirdness impacted each and every person on the planet and everyone's lives are different because of it. Everyone has been horribly traumatized and the world came to neat total collapse only for things to blink right back into existence. Seems the only people not badly scarred from it all were the ones who were dead for five years.

There is no way a future movie can gloss over it or ignore it.

>Christopher Markus: That is our theory. We are not experts on time travel, but the Ancient One specifically states that when you take an Infinity Stone out of a timeline it creates a new timeline. So Steve going back and just being there would not create a new timeline. So I reject the "Steve is in an alternate reality" theory.

Writer says otherwise.

You keep a promise that you make

>CW showed him moving on with Sharon.

They shared one kiss that they both agreed happened too late to matter and Sharon was never seen again.

Even the other writer disagrees with him. But whatever, pick your poison.

Idk, user. You're the one with the cuck mindset that allows men to fuck your wife/gf. You only have yourself to blame.

Guys who wrote it said so, despite the directors claiming otherwise. It's also just kinda funny.

"Be lazy all day and never attempt to accomplish anything because it won't work even if I tried."

What a pathetic way to think.

>Everyone has been horribly traumatized and the world came to neat total collapse only for things to blink right back into existence. Seems the only people not badly scarred from it all were the ones who were dead for five years.
sounds like a pretty versatile thing to work into the backstories of lots of villains. going mad from the realization of how fragile it all is and going fuck it, if following the law won't protect me from getting buttfucked by alien gods I may as well do whatever I want and die having fun with it

I struggle to understand how your mind turned so quickly to that specific cuckoldry from that original post

Attached: YoureRetarded.png (358x592, 105K)

The same reason you're going to watch your wife bang a black guy.

>Tony dies doing something selfless and self-sacrificial
Tony died giving in to his increasing paranoia and guilt over being a weapons dealer. He has never gotten over Yinsen's death and has spent the entire time trying to prevent anyone form suffering a fate like his. It's sabotaged his personal relationships, led to his PTSD and even his building of Ultron, the biggest threat to earth bar Thanos. Him finally moving on from that and starting a family only to kill himself was the wrong direction.

I think having Steve sacrifice himself to get rid of Thanos and letting Tony retire with his family would have been better endings for both characters.

>But stopped wanting it when he thawed.
Sounds more like he lost it because everything around him changed. That life simply didn't exist as a possibility for him anymore

but I am a black guy

>virtual black face

Classic white guy.

The snap in general was unnecessary. The team won at that point, Captain Marvel could have soloed everyone there.

Then wallow and die. Jesus, I hate people who think like you

Did anyone else feel like there was way more chemistry between Black Widow and Cap than between BW and Hulk? I thought the movie was setting up BW and Cap getting together after 5 years, and Hulk would end up with Valkyrie.

She could have, but Thanos knocked her out and took the glove. If Tony didn't snap then Thanos would have rushed him, took back the stones and killed everyone with them.

It blows my mind that some people were dissatisfied with the end to Cap's arc

Boomer fag

I kinda think Steve's selflessness was rooted in an unhealthy mindset too. He's had shit self esteem since the start and his choices throughout the films hint he may have outright had a death wish. He wanted to help yeah, but he was almost reckless with how quickly he'd throw his life away to do it. Jumping on the fake grenade, diving into the ice, pretty much letting Bucky pummel him to death; I don't think he's ever really had a sense of self worth. Him sacrificing himself in the end would fit better than Tony, but ultimately feel more hollow since he never really achieved any personal success. Never loved, never had a family, never even got comfortable with the time he was in. Him dying would feel kinda like him giving up. Of course his abandoning the present altogether was pretty unsatisfying too.

desu I think Nebula should've been the one to do the snap. It would've been an ultimate defiance against her father who she'd been so fearful of her whole life. It's even accentuated by her literally coming face to face with who she was before breaking from under his yoke. To finally have absolute power over him would've been cathartic, and for Thanos to be defeated by the product of his own cruel actions despite his supposedly noble intentions would've been poetic. Plus she's like 99% machine so getting a new body isn't completely out of the question. They even showed us her brain is on a network in the same movie.

Yes, she did. Shut up.

I was okay with it until I realized he basically selfishly erased Peggy's family with another man. Also he totally ditched Sharon and potentially destroyed the timeline.

We all wanted a happy ending for steve I was hoping he would be able to make a life in the present with Sharon even though I wasn't a fan of the actress compared to Peggy. It made more sense than giving up his responsibilities to live a normal life, which spits in the face of the first avenger in the first place.

How could someone want Cap to go back to the past and not move on?

This is the same fuck up Samurai Jack made.

>he wanted to be happy
>so he should abandon his friends and retire early
>so he has the right to erase a family's existence and take another man's wife

Attached: 1540905439847.jpg (720x720, 104K)

This

Yeah he starts out wanting to be a soldier in one the worst conflicts in history despite having a host of health problems that would make training him impossible.

Without the Serum assuming they did eventually ship him off to Europe he'd have definitely died in his first engagement.

Don't think they ever explained just WHY he's so eager to die even before he became displased in time.

That reality fucking sucks dick maybe?

>pathetic
*correct, dumb life-addict

Moving on doesn't play well to your basal instincts and is not the formula for a 3 billion dollar movie

And there's totally a REAL Mandarin, too.

>Says the guy that held hostages through Stark as proxy and tried to strongarm the deadliest people on Earth into becoming his own personal kill squad

>jojofag being a retard and having a dumbass opinion
What a surprise.

If your friends don't want you to be happy with your big tiddy waifu then they aren't true friends. Bucky and Sam got it. But you? You're clearly a terrible friend.

Also doesn't Peggy get dementia later on or something?

She was faking in order to punk with Steve while Old Steve was hiding under the bed snickering.

lol

Based on Bucky's reaction, especially saying that he'd miss Cap despite the time travel meaning Cap wouldn't be gone more than a few seconds from Bucky's perspective, there's no way he didn't know what Steve was doing. Hell, they'd probably talked about it.

So really when people talk about Steve getting his own Peggy timeline and having himself thawed out so they can double team her there's really no way at least that he didn't also immediately run out and free Bucky, so really it's more triple teaming Peggy every night. No wonder she had brain damage by her old age.

>jack spends literally no time with {useless character]
>steve spends a lifetime with peggy up to her death
>comes back with a smile on his face
not even close. why are you morons over thinking a literal childrens movie. its not that deep

how so?

I thought he wasn't supposed to change the timeline? I thought they said they couldn't do this shit? Why in the fuck did he stay in the past?

The lesson is: The Russos are God's gift to mankind and Saved Captain America. Get on your hands and knees and kiss their feet, you subhuman mongrel.

The show runners are hacks. Both the writers and directors. There's nothing beautiful or positive about this regression. The fact the whole world's praising it isn't unexpected though.

it could've been 3 hours of cap shitting into a bucket and the normies would've praised it as the second coming.

Anyone who cared about any of these characters has been mad after Endgame: Tony, Nat, Bruce, Thor etc. Hell, even Nebula and Gamora. For Scott's case, they took away a whole childhood from Cassie and her Dad.
Maybe the real Endgame is the temporary stranger friends we make on the way out, complaining.

The only people who didn't like it are like LGBT yaoi fangirls
And that's a positive

I could care less about Bucky. It's about Steve never being allowed to move on, set in stone as canon. Like OP said.

I don't have an answer sorry

>So really when people talk about Steve getting his own Peggy timeline and having himself thawed out so they can double team her there's really no way at least that he didn't also immediately run out and free Bucky, so really it's more triple teaming Peggy every night. No wonder she had brain damage by her old age.
NO HOLE IS SAFE

Attached: FB_IMG_1555423855164.jpg (480x231, 11K)

>Everything Whedon did with Cap should be ignored.
>I didn't like it so it didn't happen

don't knock him, I'm ignoring most of Russo-verse.

Three olympic level super soldiers with boundless endurance due to their bodies almost instantly countering fatigue toxins, and also one has a domo arigato fister roboto. I don't even know how she survived to old age in that branch reality.

Easy,all that supersoldier cum up her ass was absorbed into her bloodstream and ended up enhancing her too

We seriously need fanart of this

>implying Steve "based christian yankee" Rogers would engage in sodomy

Attached: j2SdFkzyXQtLZnqYgP7ceFljAcS.jpg (1000x1500, 378K)

Never said it was from him, user

Also he fucked his niece.

To be fair, she was also hot , not as Peggy,but hot

Attached: FB_IMG_1557067642800.jpg (701x437, 24K)

Endgame is literally about if people die, you can just time travel back into the past and undo all that shit.

It's literally the opposite of moving on.

The more on the nose ending would be boomer Thor killing farmer Thanos and the movie ends.

So how do people feel about Falcon becoming the next Cap for Phase 4?
I'm pretty content with it.

Meanwhile you get old, you start to get new...and more extravagant tastes...

Attached: Cap likes powerplay.png (460x239, 183K)

Out of curiosity has anyone started creating a family tree for him and Peggy yet? I wonder what the odds are that the MCU would even suddenly introduce a grandchild of Cap and Peggy. A granddaughter most likely given the times and who somehow inherits the serum too like it's on a genetic level again somehow.

Then again they could always do the old blood transfusion schtick with old Cap and we'd have Eli. Honestly I'm surprised they didn't reveal more people with the serum, or rather a version of the serum, especially since the US army was apparently obsessed with that stuff to the point where it's even Hulk's movie origin. Not even Widow gets her rusky knockoff version.

Me too. He earned this. I want to see a flying Cap.

...So the snap wasn't reversed in the prime universe?

Okay then.

Imagine her pacing and lecturing him as he kneels and he takes it silently. And she pokes his head a few times to really drive in the point.

Attached: giphy-3.gif (500x207, 999K)

I like it, as long as they don't make "muh race politics" about it it will be okay. Also Anthony Mackie is awesome

That's just disgusting, Cap!

i'm happy. Honestly, if the twist went the other way and it was Sebastian Stan I'd be just as sad to not see Anthony Mackie get to do it. This way we'll get Captain America And Bucky instead of Captain America And Falcon, so I'm happy.

Technically no, it wasn't reversed. The people who were snapped got brought back to life five years later. The only reality where the snap is completely prevented is the alternate 2014 that Thanos left to come to the present.

Wtf I want also hot pics of VanCamp too

Attached: 0fkekeaseydrslovy.jpg (640x695, 38K)

Because that whole scene was about loss of what could have been, about what could never be.

does Super Soldier Serum effect DNA passed to children?

Attached: SteveandPeggy.jpg (700x526, 58K)

FUN FACT:
Those aren't actually her kids, and she hates that picture because everyone thinks she's 100% plastic because of it and it actually hurt her modeling career.

Didn't James Rogers and Ultimate Red Skull inherited it?

I've read very little of Cap's comics, mostly the movies, and it didn't feel good to me. The super-soldier serum is such a core part of the image of Captain America in my head, I immediately feel like making certain story events 'inaccessible' for new!Cap is a bad decision.

It takes away a lot of the suspension of belief from crazy stunts and moments that happen in comics/movies, like, I do frown a little with the whole helicopter/landing pad sequence, but if new!Cap did that, I would call that a major dealbreaker.

That makes sense, thanks.

Attached: 1384825493595.png (623x710, 1.08M)

Good point

It's a kind of having their cake and choking on it too moment. They undid what was done, but only to a point. 50% of the universe that was dusted is back, but they still have to deal with the world left with the chaos left by their disappearance for five years. People will discover that the loved ones who survived are older and dealing with the trauma while at the same time despite not being aware of those five years they'll be dealing with the fact that the world isn't as they remembered it. Everyone is going to have a rough time putting the pieces of their lives back together. I imagine it will be hard for many on each side, those dusted and those undusted, to mesh again due to the differences. It's probably easier to remain with the side you were on in order to pretend nothing happened. Sounds weird, but I imagine that's most likely among those dusted who can't deal with the people who went through five years of hell.

Spider-Man's the next movie up and the first post Endgame, so my hope is Far From Home has a double meaning. He's not just on a school trip but the fact that five years after Infinity War the world is still putting itself back together. Hopefully it deals with that topic.

Interesting take on it. Yeah, in Infinity War, even though he's on the run, he definitely seemed less attached to his past life than he had been, especially in Civil War where he was desperate to protect his last connection to it.
Goddamnit, I need more scenes from the 5 year gap.
It would have maybe been interesting to do a quick set of vignettes of each year showing what each of the 6 original Avengers were up to over each year.

As long as she cleans up meticulously before and you're both clean,there's nothing wrong with it, son. Enjoy yourself with some piece of ass!

Attached: 1556398109544.jpg (1200x633, 62K)

did Steve time travel back to Peggy in 1970, or to the exact time he left her
either he'll just suddenly be 12-13 years older than when he got froze, or if it's 1970, he'll come back much later where she would've had to wait for quite awhile
also why wasn't Cap a giant buff old man

I think being rejected by Tony also undid him. He looked like he was gonna cry when Tony laid into him. 5 years of losing everyone would make someone wish for the past. Maybe that's why he went so hard on the Peggy compass and nostalgia. And decided to stay in the past for a do-over. If he stayed here, he'd have an-heroed.

No, they didn't.
In Winter Soldier, Cap is trying to adjust to the modern age but he still goes to see Peggy even though he knows she wont' remember him visiting her. He literally throws his own life down to avoid killing Bucky because that's how much he craves a connection to his past life.
Steve hasn't moved on in Winter Soldier, though he's trying. That's one of the two big character arcs he goes through throughout the MCU.
Similarly in Civil War where he goes out of his way to personally try to protect Bucky rather than leave it to his equally capable friends to bring him in. He is so afraid of someone killing Bucky that he is willing to break a law HE agreed to stay on the good side of initially (he states he's going to retire when the Accords go into effect). He also has to literally bury the woman he loves while realizing that they were never able to really be together.
Even Whedon acknowledges it in Age of Ultron with Wanda's vision to Cap being him about to have his dance with Peggy but then everyone and everything he knew disappears. It's clear that Cap still longs for his own time and the life he dreamed of, but in your pic he's resolving himself to try to move past it since he can't really have it anymore.
Then he's given the option to and doesn't hesitate (in much the same way Tony didn't when he got back to earth in Endgame)

I don't know if it's Yinsen's death in particular but I agree, Tony's general defining trait is his guilt and paranoia: a desperate need to believe that his technology and intelligence can solve any issue, can overcome any challenge because if it can't, then he has to rely on others completely.
Ultimately though, in spite of everything, Tony does leave the MCU in a fashion that is antithetical to the person he started out as. And I think that's nice

If you don't have the serum, you can't be Captain America.

You could be someone else, anyone else - Batman doesn't have anything added. But Captain America has enhancements.

Tell me if I'm wrong.

Attached: 1513450174025.jpg (720x687, 67K)

I hate it. He should be his own hero.

Everyone knows that removing character flaws is a quick and easy way of faking character growth.

For sure.
Because Cap only really wanted to help people, and he did that. He's always been a mix of selfish and selflessness, like Tony. He finally proved to himself that he was worthy (literally, in the case of Mjolnir) and 'did his part' to help the world. He's just realizing now that you don't have to be a martyr to make an impact, and you don't have to fight forever if you inspire the next generation (which is a big theme of what Tony was trying to do with Peter)

>He literally throws his own life down to avoid killing Bucky because that's how much he craves a connection to his past life.
Steve was suicidal long before being time displaced. Hell his suicidal tendencies is why he was time displaced to begin with

Attached: BitesizedAmazingAmurminnow-size_restricted.gif (720x302, 3.4M)

I don't know if it's removing character flaws, I mean Tony still has those flaws in the movie but he progresses from a point of unhealthy selfishness to being heroically humane, particularly when it mattered.
He underwent an arc, like most of the Avengers

Captain America is the paradigm of America's values. The Serum isn't really mandatory; remember, the Captain America mantle came from the propaganda stuff that Steve Featured in.
To some degree, that ability to inspire others is more important to the mantle than the serum

I didn't like the family and kid. Retiring and not staying in the game goes against who Tony is. It started happening in Homecoming though.

This, also Sam has a great skill to connect with other soldiers and with people with traumatic experiences

But that's the thing, his inability to settle down has always been depicted as a flaw. Him finally doing that was an achievement

That's not suicidal, it's heroic, self-sacrificial. Suicide is a more self-centered act than that, it's about ending a person's own pain, that comes first. I'm not calling suicide selfish. He's not suicidal up to Endgame.

I wish they didn't depict that as a flaw. The wife and kids and settling down felt more like a Disney Nuclear Family endorsement than something Tony would do.

He literally says on the first couple scenes that he keeps telling people to move but, but not us™

I liked it and I'm an LGBT yaoi fan person.

Isn't overcoming your character flaws supposed to be character growth though?

>This superhero movie doesn't teach a realistic moral!

Nigga, just shut the fuck up. Stop making this damn thread.

My biggest problem is that he's never really shown any real interest in going back till this movie. The whole universe is 10 years old so i might not remember it correctly but was there ONE other scene where he longingly looked at her picture in any other movie or at least showed interest in wanting to go back if he could?

Long story short... they are saying white men are coming to an end.

It doesn't seem like the super soldier serum in the MCU helps against aging.

Why didn't Axel Braun thought of this

It was out of character. Bad and rushed storytelling.

This, and a weirdly send off,when you think of Sharon. The three of them deserved better than what the Russos did

I'd say almost all of Team Cap. Steve got character assassinated, Sam never got proper goodbye from Steve before he went off for 70? 80 years? Bucky. Sharon. Peggy. And of course Nat didn't deserve to get killed like that on Vormir.

Keep crying Thanosfag

Attached: FB_IMG_1557063735929.jpg (480x410, 14K)

i kinda like it, but Bucky deserved it more

I really hope that if the Black Widow movie is good,we get a trilogy, I'm all up for cosmic Marvel. But spy and intelligence stuff is a really great ground to work on.

>the last spy and intelligence marvel movie we got was WS
>probably we could never get another spy and intelligence movie because MUH CAROL
Life Hurts

>Are the Russos saying that he's so weak minded that seeing Peggy for 10 seconds in 1970 completely shattered his resolution?
He saw she had a photo of him as a skinny nerd on her desk, the knowledge that his oneitis still had pure feelings for him 25 years after he died was too much for him to resist, as it would be for any man, we've all done mad as fuck things for the pussy

Are you conveniently forgetting the god damn locket with her pic he keeps on him at all times? wtf?

>Don't think they ever explained just WHY he's so eager to die even before he became displased in time.
He was a manlet skin and bones who grew up in 30s NYC, he would have been a drain on his parents, he had literally one friend who he developed an unhealthy fixation on, his life would basically have been shit with no realistic hope of particular success or happiness.
Steve's wanting to prove himself by helping other people and psychotically doing 'the right thing' is essentially a mental disorder. It just so happens that it has benefits to everyone around him, especially when he becomes an actual superhuman.

he carries a literal compass on him constantly that he looks at all the time, like twice in this movie alone, with her face pasted inside
it's a fucking
compass
It could not be any more unsubtle

Who hurt you. I wanna slap them.

>who he developed an unhealthy fixation on
Fucking what

monogamy is degenerate because, and take your pick here, it's part of a long history of oppressing women or it gives women power over men

user could say gay for him , we know it already

honestly it should have ended with both tony and steve dying

I think they wanted to show a selfless death and selfish life dynamic, while throwing in fan service and keeping it open-ended enough for cameos (BARF, time machine?). Ended up going very awry.

She is. The past she shared with Steve is the same.