Why do all modern cartoons look the same

Why do all modern cartoons look the same

Attached: modern cartoons.jpg (6920x8920, 2.94M)

Other urls found in this thread:

vimeo.com/265284284
vimeo.com/259026673
vimeo.com/265376326
vimeo.com/332805663
vimeo.com/332911361
vimeo.com/332104677
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Its a parallel on how normally society identifies negative stereotypes but they only ever stereotype it in a certain way that fits their narrative Lemee explain it like this. How often do you watch Cartoons or Animation of any variety where they decide to do an episode where the theme of the episode is about spreading either an environmental message or they create a character for the sole purpose of helping to spread an environmental message When people, animators/writers whatever feel the need to make plots like this their archetype of choice on how they write the episode is "Lets draw a White, Tall, Shady looking (sometimes fat really depends upon how cartoonish the show in question is) Billionaire 1-Dimensional Character who doesn't care or think about the long term consequences for his actions because as long as it continues to make money he doesn't give a shit" They have been making this one type of character in the industry for YEARS! I am so sick of seeing characters like this not because its a bad character type but because its demonized to where people start to think "Man why would they ever draw a female equivalent to a character like this it just doesn't exist." And yeah its hard how in the real world you need to really think about if such a character like this could ever exist in the real world which is probably why its so easy to make a character like they have been making for what feels like forever now in the Cartoon world because that one character can represent either one type of person that fits that narrative or a whole group of people that could fit that narrative. I'm just saying we live in a world where a female equivalent of this character I am describing is very rarely seen so I wanted to bring more attention to this fact by making more of them

Attached: 1557040849506642748791.png (75x75, 11K)

They don't

Murr, honey, you're rambling again

The top row alone has four different art styles and the bottom too. That's eight different styles and tones of cartoons.

Hey that's a pretty good start for a collection of cartoons.
It has Stretch Armstrong, Tron Uprising, Hero 6 and a bunch of shows I didn't even watch. Who's the guy right side of Mickey Mouse? and then the next guy who looks like a TMNT in a green armor suit?

Same art school and same animation software.

Constantine, then Trollhunters

>cgi
>claymation
It's a bait thread.

Because CalArts doesn't teach different styles anymore.

Do you know how art schools work?

For the same reason all cel-based cartoons looked the same.

I can't tell if you're being retarded as a joke or not

Currently students that go in for animation and art can be expected to learn to leave shading up to the software and to apply premade animations. Making your own animation from scratch is frowned upon for being too time consuming. Hence, they give everyone similar faces, body types, and movements.

Man would it be inconvenient if someone were to... post things actually made by calarts students

vimeo.com/265284284
vimeo.com/259026673
vimeo.com/265376326
vimeo.com/332805663
vimeo.com/332911361
vimeo.com/332104677

Why are you making stuff up user?

Right that's exactly my point.

>same art school
a lot of these shows aren’t even made by the same animation studio. How are they from the same school? Also the program shouldn’t matter.

Thanks for that nice collage OP. It has quite a few titles I enjoyed (and ones that I plan on looking into).
I'm saving it for an occasion when some user once again starts talking about monotony in cartoons.

Aren't most of these shows farmed to other studios in Canada and Asia?

And yes, I am well aware that this is a bait thread

Canada and Asia aren't in charge of character design. That's Hollywood's job; one of the few jobs they provide.

>Imagine being so butthurt about what Yea Forums mblr says that yu need to make this collage.
Also why all new cartoons are wannabe serialized anime rip-offs with at least one lesbian?

Because you refuse to support preschool cartoons.

weird. i actually agree with this

7 of those are cancelled, 1 is a movie and Spongebob began in 1999, Work on your bait Californian Tumblrina.

Attached: 1453521382001.png (680x844, 152K)

So? They still got made and still aired, in spite of the bullshit on part of the networks. That doesn't make the statement that all cartoons are exactly the same true.
It's only a matter of time before even the densest executives realize that pandering to Tumblr isn't actually profitable and stop promoting talentless hacks for worthless brownie points.

West vs East bait thread so bad even mentioning the East completely annihilates their augment regardless of how flawed or skewed it is