What will cartoons look like in the 2020s?

What will cartoons look like in the 2020s?

Attached: 391F0447-3127-4117-8B1D-5746F40FC550.jpg (3538x1536, 608K)

Other urls found in this thread:

vimeo.com/266200432
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Why is this chart so wrong in every single way.
it's like the creator watched 1 cartoon from each decade and headcanon'd a story for it

I’m betting “fluid and motion-heavy” at the cost of likeable character design. I hearby coin the phrase “glowstick animation” if that turns out to be the case.

The future is already here, and it's gonna be glorious.

Attached: rory draws steve and tony.png (535x867, 155K)

Why am I always eating Spaghetti-Os when this image appears?

Tbf, That is America’s Ass

Why not just use a long running cartoon to illustrate this point, something like Scooby-Doo?

But can you animate something like that? Those proportions don’t work in motion

>dick sucking lips
>lots of junk in the trunk
>tight waist
>nice big hands
UNF, it's like the artist was trying to make a sex machine.

Hopefully like they did in the 90s, which is to say, no particular style. I hate the mentality that cartoons should only be this or that, and anyone who wants cartoons to all use the same style, no matter what style that is, deserves to have their balls stapled while someone puts worms in their corneas

>

Attached: tenor.gif (220x160, 460K)

1980s is so innacurate

There has not been a single decade where cartoons have only been 1 style

Your mom. And extra women.

The 90's had the best variety

Nah not gonna happen. 90s were the most profitable time in tv. In 2020 your going to rely exclusively on Streaming for your kicks

>Designed to sell toys
Why do people count this as a negative in itself? LoTR and Star Wars sold shitloads of toys, and Disney is still selling toys of nearly half a century and older cartoons.

Because being designed with toys and only toys in mind 9 out of ten times means the show has no substance unto itself

Because the whole show becomes shallow and gimmicky and the designs revolve around marketing toys. Selling toys of IPs is fine, but creating shows around toys is bad.

Did this person ever get hired? If not, I doubt it.

vimeo.com/266200432
their vimeo says they're still a student so presumably no. But no one would even if they weren't.

Randomized, procedurally generated/Machine learning animation

No need for animators, design a rig and throw it into the algorithm. Fuck it no need for designers procgen those character designs

No animators, no character designers, no storyboard artists, no script writers, just programmers and programmer monkeys

This is literally already happening on youtube and the vids get millions upon millions of views from toddlers who watch whatever shit the algorithm feeds them

This.

Attached: machupicchu.jpg (1920x1080, 124K)

Why did the artist use such an unconventional character design for this kind of diagram and not go for something generic that looks like it can fit into any decade? Maybe a cat or something because cartoon cats are fucking everywhere.
I get the point, but I can't say that I've seen something similar to that design in the 60's or 70's and so on.
I feel like whoever made this just wanted to shoehorn in their cartoon OC and ruined it by doing that.

Please never eat Spaghetti-Os again.

That's old, they've been doing the whole I suck at drawing since aqua teens

The subject matter doesn't really matter so much as the style which its drawn

They were. They are a huge fetishist.

>indians are machine-learning animators now

I WARNED YOU ABOUT THE STONES BRO

Attached: shinchan evo.jpg (1200x966, 146K)

That art style is the natural evolution of the SU art style. Even if Rory never gets to work in the industry (because they're batshit insane), surely someone with a similar art style will arise

Yeah but some certain designs are specifically built to fit in with an era and doesn't look natural if you try to put it into a different era. And that doesn't help with the artists intentions of the graph because it creates a disconnect. I'm just saying it's counter intuitive.

lol Rob Liefeld School Of Anatomy

it doesn't look so bad to me until it gets to the 90s. i'm not even sure what that's supposed to be. at least some of the other ones i can kind of guess. like 2000s seems to be total drama or some other cheap canadian cartoon (?)

>Man draws fetish art
>DISGUSTING MISOGYNIST
>Woman draws fetish art
>SUPER PROGRESSIVE

I fucking hate this double standard.

Attached: Disgust.jpg (380x403, 105K)

Why does Tony look like a hambone?

i don't even know what characters those are

they're a woman if i remember

correct

Attached: 1214250790464.jpg (850x318, 64K)

needs an update for manhog.

Steve Rogers and Tony Stark, tranny edition. No, I'm not memeing.