Was he the most forgettable major villain out of all the mcu movies?

Was he the most forgettable major villain out of all the mcu movies?

Attached: whiplash.jpg (320x213, 14K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=IUmRJIdlb-8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>I VANT MY BURD
nah Malekith is

nothing is more forgettable than thor 2

I kinda liked him in the beginning with his dad.

apparently mickey rourke wrote an extensive backstory for him, but it mostly got cut out

>made god bleed
>forgettable

Attached: Hell-Bait.jpg (868x1144, 211K)

Everyone seems to forget that the actual Big Lebowski was in Iron Man 1

YOU HAVE TEN SECONDS TO NAME THE VILLAIN OF IRON MAN 3

Nope, its still Malekith.
What's funny is that Malekith is less awful than half the villains in the DCEU.

Fuck, the name that came to mind was Aleister Smythe but that's from Spider-Man.
He was in charge of AIM, at least.

Adrian Killian, knew that shit on instinct

The scientist supreme

I know his last name was Killian

Trevor

Guy Pearce, who is actually a pretty great actor.

Duff Killigan.

It's a shame Malekith and Whiplash were victims of Marvel Studio's insistence on keeping the villains one dimensional. Both had their backstories and scenes cut from the movie because of it. It's said that they'd have both been more sympathetic.

Blonsky, Killian, Malekith, and Ronan were all more forgettable.

Who?

Marvel Studios had a shit run for a little there in the middle, what was going on? Perlmutter kikery?

You're ready bro!

Attached: avenger twitter.jpg (750x923, 71K)

Must be, because after that stint they've been churning out S's to C's rather than D's.

I think it was that committee that Bendis was a part of before the Avengers 2 debacle. But Marvel had a really bad stretch where they didn't want any villains that could complicate the story. Rourke talked about how it pissed him off that they cut Whiplash's motivations and scenes about his father. After the failing of Ultron and how well the Vulture was received they seemed to realize that interesting and more fleshed out villains were better.

>Most forgettable.
>Not pointing the most forgettable from the most forgettable MCU movie.

Attached: E796BCC1-7476-47FF-ADFA-211FF5E23409.jpg (1080x720, 170K)

I unironically consider hulk 2003 the canon movie

Abomination was cool in both forms though

The super Blonski fight was hype as all hell

The Cantonese

remember when Crossbones appear in the mcu? me neither

Attached: Crossbones.jpg (710x528, 89K)

The only reason the MCU ignores Abomination and the Leader cliffhanger is because Universal has distribution rights to any movie with them. Not because they're bad.

Iron Monger
Abomination
Whiplash
Loki
Red Skull
Loki
"Mandarin"
Malekith
Winter Soldier
Ronan
Ultron
Yellowjacket
Zemo
Dormammu
Vulture
Ego
Hela
Killmonger
Thanos
Yon-Rogg
Thanos
Mysterio

all capeshit is trash but the GOTG villain was so bland I didn't even remember how he looked

Attached: 1548780331767.png (1280x1024, 2.14M)

what the fuck is a "stan"

How does universal still have the rights? Shouldn't they have lapsed at some point?

I love Ronan. He's so over the top, so edgy, so dramatic. A perfect Kirby character come to life. I actually hated how calm and self contained he appeared to be in Captain Marvel.

Marvel made some really bad deals back when they were on the edge of bankruptcy.

Sorry user, it's Aldrich.

A combination of stalker + fan, coined by Eminem in 2002. For some reason it's recently come into popular usage as a self-description for "obsessed fan"

But why?

This. OP only chose Whiplash because he actually forgot Malekith existed.

Which is accidentally called back on when Tony makes Thanos bleed in Infinity War.

I'll never forget a character played by Lee Pace. Hot daaaayum.

Attached: lee pace soldiers girl.jpg (1280x718, 106K)

They wanted to build their universe on the strength of their heroes. When it comes to, say, Batman, people tend to care more about the villains than Batman himself. To avoid that, they kept the villains out of focus until their heroes were well established.

Abomination was forgettable but Tim Roth as Blonsky was not. The only reason he isn’t remembered is because fewer people saw the movie in the first place.

Which is smart for longterm, but hopefully both will be developed from now on more often. Though Yon Rogg got hosed in Captain Marvel. All he needed was a one minute scene where he talks to the Supreme Intelligence, and he'd feel fleshed out enough.

Attached: is that all you got.webm (320x240, 1.81M)

The Mandarin

This, Roth was solid. He became very boring once he transformed, but as just a crazy super soldier on the edge, he was great. If he's brought back, I hope he gets to be Roth most of the time and "Abomination out", even though that's not comic accurate at all. Though giving him a better design would be nice, too, as the monster design he got is generic as fuck.

They were going for a Heath Ledger's Joker Impression

He didn't make as much as impact like Heath did but hes still one of the more unique of the MCU

in my head it's a portmanteau of "stupid fan"

The Satsuma

Shane Black

>When it comes to, say, Batman, people tend to care more about the villains than Batman himself.
Nah I don't think that's true. Batman has top tier villians but people still care a lot about Batman

That guy from Iron Man 3 is way more forgettable than Whiplash and Malekith.

Abomination is coming back for the Thunderbolts, and there are talks about the Leader being the villain

So according to this the most forgettable is Ghost from Ant-man and the Wasp

forgot Destroyer, Armin Zola, Killian, Alexander Pierce, Rumlow/Crossbones, Klaue, and the Black Order

Nah, that's Zemo.

Well, she's more 'sulky girl at the office with a crush on you' instead of villain.

Apparently a scene was cut where it was revealed that he sees the Supreme Intelligence as himself.

I hope Ghost comes back for Thunderbolts.

Because it's better

I guess Ghost is tied with Guy who isn't Doramammu nor Mordo

Attached: mads-mikkelsen-doctor-strange.jpg (1843x1543, 412K)

Good point. Maybe we should throw Bill Foster up there even if he wasn't 100% a villain, like Mordo in the first Dr Strange..

...Geralt?

Killian and AIM immediately came to mind.

He was too weird to be forgettable. It's Malekith or Killian. Maybe Ghost or Yon-Rogg.

Attached: 6ddd984dcfdae6a61ae858d5198bb7940bf0b897v2_hq.jpg (1024x1024, 92K)

Both weren't really the primary antagonists of their movies. You could've also added the Dark World version of the Korg as long as we're talking about overlooked villains.

Attached: goldblum.jpg (150x209, 8K)

I missed the primary part, my bad.
While not primary, Yondu was a villain that lasted two movies.

after watching antman i really came to enjoy this guy he was over the top in a very enjoyable way and just fun in general

Attached: 0hRXxiRWqPcM8Y7-C.jpg (680x400, 29K)

I only remember Killian because of Incredibles 2 basically pulling the same "The supervillain is actually a sockpuppet decoy for a evil corporate villain" twist.

He has a good sense of style and a cool death

Attached: Yellowjacket_close!.jpg (1500x2155, 2.32M)

Honestly I'll take underdevelopped villains over underdevelopped protagonists. I know it's not a simple dichotomy but I'm okay getting a more generic villain if it means more time for the protagonist to be established and grow, there's not infinite time in a movie. And yeah the MCU has been pretty good at making people care about protagonists.
>inb4 nuh-huh I don't care
Protag characterization is still a very common praise Marvel movies get.

Didn't she lose her powers when Jan cured her?

People talk shit about Stane in Iron Man, but Jeff Bridges knocks it out of the park.

a better live-action Lex Luthor than Jessie Eisenberg.

ORANGE MAN

What he does with pic related still makes me uncomfortable. It's so abrupt and callous.

Attached: Ant-Man 2015 BluRay 720p [Fimia].mkv_snapshot_00.18.28_[2019.05.05_16.48.02].jpg (1280x688, 63K)

That's still the best weapon in the MCU.
he could have stopped Thanos all on his own

Not totally. They needed to keep giving her juice from the Quantum Realm, which is where Scott was when everyone got snapped.

Right, forgot about that, thanks for the reminder.

Batman itself it’s the most boring part of his stories, the villains and his interactions with the bat family it’s what is all about, without them Batman would just be a genius playboy that does everything right

>Was he the most forgettable major villain out of all the mcu movies?
not even by a mile. i also bet youre one of those people that thought the ironman 3 plot twist was good and yelled over/shat on anyone that disagreed.

Attached: Malekith2.jpg (450x253, 29K)

>What is Thor the god of?
>Hammers is not an option

Weak

Attached: images.jpg (554x554, 38K)

>Malekith
who?

This place always has shit taste so I'm not surprised

Literally about to say thisHe's a dumbass for not using this as a straight up weapon.
>quick and efficient
>barely any evidence left
>if there are cells left after wiping it up they would be too small for normal forensics to find
>if used with the yellowjacket suit no one can see you turn your target into nothing since you're too small

Darren cross could've been OP

His goal wasn't to be OP, it was to get noticed by Pym-senpai. It's yet another case of villain doing stupid shit because they're CURAYZY!

i bet tony called himself that when strange introduced himself at some point.

honestly I just rewatched it a couple weeks ago and I still can't remember the real bad guy of IM3, at least IM2's villain had some good lines

he was a terrible excuse for the joker though
oooh i'm an agent of chaos, yet all my plans work perfectly in the ORDER i want.
that and the hobo geisha look.
people only love and hype him up because he OD'ed

Attached: joker stop.png (511x800, 769K)

Haha wow i just watched the movie today

Attached: pepe.jpg (125x100, 2K)

we saw his ass

a good well-written villain will only heighten the protagonists appeal and characterization by challenging and bouncing off them. with the exact same amount of screentime a lame villain would have.

Attached: riddler batman.jpg (1281x1920, 342K)

The Chinese man

BASED

>a good well-written villain will only heighten the protagonists appeal and characterization by challenging and bouncing off them.
Sure.
>with the exact same amount of screentime a lame villain would have.
No.
If your Riddler page is supposed to be an example of that, it's hilariously wrong, this builds on hundreds of issues of characterization and Batman lore.

poor Mickey Rourke thought his role might be bigger

They really wasted Mikkelsen

Attached: BasedMads.png (767x460, 485K)

Jesus...You're right, I didn't think about it.

i just posted it cause i had it, hombre.

>No.
lol. if you can write a protagonist well, you can write a villain who isn't REEE darkness the entirety of his screentime

> you can write a villain who isn't REEE darkness the entirety of his screentime
That wasn't your claim that I answered "no" to. Either way that's maybe Malekith (for as little as I remember) and... nobody else?

Nah. He was part of the Iron Man trilogy in the sequel directly following the success of the first film.

Most forgettable would probably have to be the elf guy from Thor 2.

surprised MCU made it out of phase 2. Besides Winter Solider they were really bottom of the barrel movies

in a cave, man

He had burd.

Attached: burd.png (318x448, 37K)

this too because its superhero kino before marvel became a household name

Attached: 1284578272241.jpg (640x740, 438K)

Few people saw it when it was playing in theatres long before the MCU was actually a thing (it was only the second film of the MCU) and came out when Iron Man was still playing.

It wasn't until the build up to Avengers 1 that people started re-watching all of the first phase and realize that it wasn't that bad compared to Thor or Iron Man 2. Several years and even more movies later and TIH proved to be surprisingly not as shitty as people pretended it was.

Thor was better marginally

Sweet Mother of God.

No joke, I legit forgot he existed. They really wasted Mads on this.

You mean Doomsday?

youtube.com/watch?v=IUmRJIdlb-8

General Ross is in Civil War.

nope, he was one of the best villains

the fire people

mandarin and the hot moma

...what? I don't understand what you're trying to say

Crossbones is based as shit in Winter Soldier and is the catalyst for the event in Civil War

why do people pretend im2 is bad?

Attached: iron man 2 hammer dance.webm (1920x816, 2.75M)

Redpill me on what i'm looking at

Most of the movie is enjoyable but the last 30 minutes or so are horrendous.

you didn't clap when he appeared in endgame?

ultimate nullifier

Hammer is one of the best parts of the film. Which is why it's such a shame he doesn't really do anything.

You should just go watch Ant-Man.
If you really have to know, the villain confronts a minor character over a disagreement they've got, and he shoots the guy with a shrink gun that isn't working correctly yet. The guy turns into a tiny pile of fleshy goo. The villain wipes his remains off the floor with a tissue and flushes them down the toilet.

The 4channer

>The action scene in the cherry blossoms.
Its unironically the best fight scene in the MCU.

I've found the idiot among us folks.

I wish I could watch the real Iron Man 2, I bet it would have been pretty giod

Same thing.

Source? I want to believe so bad.

I didn't even know until a friend told me last night that this dude had a name. Fucking waste of Madds, what a shitty villain.
Probably because it's simply worse than Iron Man. It's not bad at all really, especially after 3 shat the bed.

Oh? Not what I'd have gone with. Yon Rogg seemed more a believer in those above him.

To be honest, MCU doesn't have memorable villains at all. The only ones are Loki because of tumblr faggotry and beause he was in lot of films, and Thanos because he was memed into oblivion by mouse advertisment team.

Guardians would be another reason.

The entire damn movie is nothing but "lol look at this loser that thinks he's Tony Stark". I would have preferred Hammer being an actual threat and Whiplash just being the guy that inspires him to stand up to Stark. The fact that the final battle was just like the first movie with a big guy in a suit of armor that Tony has to beat with an uncontrolled explosion didn't help either.

The nerd with fire powers

Abomination is referenced occasionally in Agents of SHIELD and a tie-in comic revealed Leader is in SHIELD custody.

They're both expected to return for Thunderbolts.

Extremis, actually

LENNY!

Thanks for reminding me that I still need to see that. Think it's the only MCU ovie I haven't seen.

If it hadn't been for Creed Jr. completely taking every aspect of him and made himself "just like THAT guy, only BLACK!", Whiplash would really be the only MCU villain to challenge the hero's way of thinking.

Aldrich Kllian, The false Mandarin

Was more a thing done by the comittee than Marvel studios itself.

Gunn mentioned in a interview that the comittee had a certain criteria for villains and thats why Ronan was so lackluster during Guardians.

Then you can add what Alan Taylor said about his experience during Thor The Dark World (he loved filming scenes but he got mad once he saw that the final movie edited so many interesting things like Malekith motivations.

Under your logic others cape villains are not memorable at all

It's the ultimate pleb filter

This thing is the dumbest stupidest fucking thing I ever saw in my life, and made me be embarrassed for Marvel

Attached: 6073266-5551282858-39642.jpg (274x300, 27K)

Thats only because you've COMPLETELY forgotten about Zemo.

Aw, he so badly wants to be Tony that it's adorable.

>Gunn mentioned in a interview that the comittee had a certain criteria for villains and thats why Ronan was so lackluster during Guardians.

I really wonder if Gunn had more freedom, what he would've done more with Ronan?

Batroc the leaper.

Exactly.

He would have taken Quill up on the dance-off.

What was his plan here?

Attached: Iron Man Pinball Flyer Back.jpg (1200x1543, 930K)