Finally got around to watching Aquaman and wow this was actually really enjoyable...

Finally got around to watching Aquaman and wow this was actually really enjoyable. Feels like more and more directors are picking up on the fact that the superhero bubble isn't bursting any time soon so they're getting the best of both worlds by doing "x genre but with superheroes." In this case it surprisingly turned out to be an adventure film in the vein of National Treasure. Good music, good action, good colors. I didn't even mind that Amber Heard was in it. If there's an issue it's that it still has the usual jumpy DC editing where it feels like scenes are missing from time to time, but at this point I'm used to it.

Attached: Dsdlbj3U4AAJoO7.jpg (810x1200, 252K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=I53HDr0-Qew
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I think the DC editing thing you mentioned is a whole lot less noticeable here than in some of the earlier movies. Anyways as for me I was really impressed with how they handled the giant monster guarding the trident, after Arthur only interact with her tentacles I figured that was all we were gonna get of her, leaving the rest up to the imagination. I was fucking hype when she joined the battle and you get to see all of her as she fucking wrecks shop

It was fun
I liked the tsunami hitting the coast and Aquaman getting hit through his truck

This is just sad, OP.

You're just sad because you haven't digested the Infinity War Blu Ray you ate weeks ago

This is just sad, OP.

Are you gonna pretend to have "just seen" this movie once or twice a month now?
It's an ok movie.
DC is trying to gain traction by making knock-off MCU movies, and by God that's better than the shit they were doing.
Island Thorgal; The First Leaguer was at least watchable (until the awful 3rd act, they needn't have copied THAT from Cap) and White Panther: Undersea Prince of Asgard was decent as well.
But that's old shit.

あげる

It was good.

Why is every DC movie accused of being a copy of Thor? Is it perhaps because Thor is literally all Marvel has for fantasy while DC has a wealth of innovative characters and Marvelbrains are unable of seeing anything past Thor as "fantasy = Thor"?

Captain Marvel was an innovative character. So innovative that he was beating boring old Superman, so they destroyed him and stole his best innovations and stapled them onto Superman.
DC got out there "first" with a lot of broad themes, but Marvel is doing them best, and now DC is left to produce pale imitations of character archetypes they introduced first.

>Thor is literally all Marvel has for fantasy
I seem to recall a Dr. Strange movie that had a larger audience than Justice League.

I liked Wonder Woman a lot, but Aquaman has cringier jokes and one-liners than "have you ever seen that old movie Empire Strikes back?"

Yet Marvel has nothing like Aquaman.

And Doctor Strange was completely clobbered by Aquaman. Aquaman wins the fantasy throne. It's what the people want.

Name one, and don't name the one where he sniffs himself.

>the superhero bubble isn't bursting any time soon
Not if marvel can help it.

It's my movie of the year so far. I was surprise at how much I enjoyed it, as Aquaman was never a character I was particularly interested in.

>youtube.com/watch?v=I53HDr0-Qew

Attached: tumblr_pc8pj7d5KM1tloymvo6_500.gif (500x206, 2.66M)

Not as sad as being butthurt that people can enjoy things user. I'm very sorry for you. That must suck.

Ahem,

Attached: DisneySmear.jpg (1352x903, 385K)

Attached: Seething Ladderbro Is Seething.gif (360x268, 1014K)

Strange isn't FANTASY you numb nut

For the same reason they accused Aquaman of being a copy of Wakandan.

Brainlets, having such teeny tiny things between their ears couldn't conceive of anything else to complain about.

>For the same reason they accused Aquaman of being a copy of Wakandan.
It'd faggots who take company wars to seriously. It makes it impossible to discuss anything without somebody shitposting for their "team". OP didn't mention Marvel yet here we are