>He could've lifted it, but didn't want to show up Thor

>He could've lifted it, but didn't want to show up Thor.
>He couldn't lift it because he wasn't worthy yet or didn't perceive himself as worthy.

Which was it?

Attached: capmjlornir.jpg (715x431, 26K)

Cap 100% was trying to lift the hammer, you can see his muscles tense. It'd just be unnecessarily Gary Stu-ish if he realized he could lift it but stopped for Thor's sake.

Attached: 02f3d981f67446c490b087342f2a7b02.jpg (641x866, 87K)

Clearly the first one. Thor even said that "he knew it".

#2.

Trying to lift the hammer up just to see if you can at a party makes you unworthy.

Trying to lift the hammer so you can save the world is a worthy reason.

He didn't need it at the time

Thor saw it wiggle at the party. Seeing as it didn't even do that for everyone else, that just means the potential was there but he wasn't ready.

Going by Beta Ray Bill and of course Thor's entire original arc of why he became attached to Earth, part of worthiness is having a need for the power in order to protect an entire world that is precious to you.

You have Bill who needed the hammer to protect his race, and Thor who gained his worthiness when he vowed to protect Midgard.

So Cap wouldn't be really worthy until he had a need for the hammer's power, the need to become a protector god for the world.

This one right here.

>gary-stu
cringe

How do you make it wiggle at all? Does the enchantment go "Oh shit, he's only 80% worthy, I'll let him move me half a millisecond before turning back on"?

I feel like this is a very all or nothing deal.

Okay so they can't lift the hammer, but can they lift the table?

He wasn't worthy until after the events of Civil War

Rewatching the scene I now think the former, but more like he did not want to do it at all instead of just showing up Thor. Watch how quickly he backs off and goes 'welp, that won't budge.'

Lifting the hammer is an all or nothing thing. There is no being 'somewhat worthy'. He did it to protect everyone else's ego.

As , I thought this for a while though: , and can see that side also.

Maybe Steve could lift it at first, got to thinking “Woah, I’m doing it. I’m worthy” then thought “Wait am I?” Thought about any bad stuff he did. And got it into his head he wasn’t so he dropped it.

What about the guy piloting the Helicarrier? Do you think if he ever considered that he was flying Mjolnir specifically the whole thing would plummet out of the sky?

The Helicarrier is pure, and could lift it.

Considering what those fuckers do to the Ozone I'd say they're about as worthy as a funny example of someone who isn't worthy.

Remember when Red Hulk was able to lift the hammer because he was in freefall in the upper atmosphere

Even though by this logic it should be pretty much ineffective as a weapon because it would just weigh as much as the metal it's made of

Shut up, Al Gore.

That's not what that means at all.

Al Gore owns like five helicarriers

Put it on closed captioning

>*Hammer moves slightly*

THere you have it.

Retard

It's magic, nigga, it does what it wants

He was always worthy but it wasn't the right time. Mjolnir did recognize him as worhty which is why it budged.

Its not particularly heavy, just enchanted to be unliftable. It's also enchanted to hit things with an abnormal amount of force and do other things like fly back to Thor.

At some point it was made out of dwarf star matter, so heavy as fuck, the magic is what allows you to lift it in the first place. But w/e magic don't gotta explain shit etc...

25pbp

He wasn't thinking about Peggy's fat tits enough.

Once he accepted boobs are the only thing worth fighting for, he was worthy.

Brainlets.

>this is what Capfags actually believe

>implying
The hammer could only be lifted by an ass man.

1 is retarded and makes Cap look like a mary sue

That's canon though. The hammer decides you either are or you aren't. There's no in-between. No almost. No somewhat. Being worthy is a simple binary question.

Inconsistent. If that were the case, Thor would never be able to lift his hammer out of combat (at least in comparison to cap).

trying to lift the hammer just to see he can isnt something that's worthy. Fighting thanos however.

Attached: evans.png (1231x57, 9K)

Fucking based.

Not in the MCU, clearly. He was able to budge it because Cap's fundamentally just a really solid person, but couldn't fully lift it off the ground be it by some moral dilemma weighing him down (i.e. keeping secrets from Tony over his one weakness, Bucky) or because he was trying to lift it for a party. Saying he stopped himself from lifting it to save people's egos is a weird interpretation.

No way he's not bi.

3rd option. He was always worthy to lift it but the hammer didn't allow it right then because he wasn't doing it out of need but just fucking around

It didn't budge right away, he was attempting to lift it clearly straining himself AND THEN it budged. It wasn't/couldn't have been faked. This was his honest attempt to lift it.

spbp