Insomniac Spider-Man

Can we discuss this universe and how much fun the game was? There's a current mini out right now, which teases Swarm possibly appearing in the PS4 sequel. What other characters would you like to see in the next game? Since this universe pulls from various incarnations of Spider-Man, what are some new directions you'd like to see the material go?

Attached: Spider-Man PS4 Scorpion cover.jpg (667x1000, 304K)

Do you think Gwen died in this universe?

I'd like them to actually include the Avengers, F4, etc., in the actual plot and not more "lol everyone in the universe was off visiting Fiji while this psycho almost killed/harmed millions".

I don't even think Gwen exists in that universe. This is mostly reinforced by the fact that Norman Osborn hasn't even become The Green Goblin yet. I think it's yet another move by Marvel to get the public consciousness to forget about the original Gwen Stacy in favor of selling Spider-Woman/Ghost Spider Gwen.

Attached: Spectacular Spider-Woman Gwen Stacy.jpg (958x1198, 244K)

This spiderman was awful and I hated how reddit he was

That's a terrible idea. It's a Spider-Man game series, not a clusterfuck of an Avengers game. This has been a common complaint in comics for years that you're just going to have to come to terms with. The ONLY other heroes Spidey should interact with in the sequel should be The Fantastic Four or Daredevil given the history

>Can't talk without buzzwords
>Doesn't even correctly spell "Spider-Man"
(You)

It's clearly aping the Ultimate Spider-man cartoon as far as the Osborn storyline is concerned, with Norman making Venom as a cure(although it was made by Octavius and it was amde from Spidey's blood as a cure-all) and Harry being the one to bond with Venom instead of Eddie.

...Does Logan not count anymore? What about Hulk?

HE'S IN, BOYS!

Attached: Nightwatch_Vol_1_6.jpg (400x614, 85K)

The most based man in comics

Attached: 2-compressed.jpg (500x279, 29K)

We don't know the origin of the symbiote in this universe, yet. So it's all speculation.

As for Logan and Hulk, eh? I still think the F4 are more important to Spidey's history. Besides it's supposed to be a Spider-Man focused game/story so I'm not going to stress about cameos.

We need to go through Norman first before we get Based Kingsley.

That's actually something that bothers me when any adaptation starts with Gobby not being a thing yet.

But we barely know anything about the symbiote, much less if it's alien. It's clearly sentient, since it responded to Normie's hand being on the glass.

The fuck are you on about? How was the game awful? And in what way was Peter like that shithole?

I want to see what Lizard's like, since they heavily implied Kurt didn't remain cured for long, so it'll be fun to see if he's the usual animalistic Lizard or the one that has some brains and wants to usher in a race of lizard people. Also curious to see how the relationship with Otto goes now that he's off the deep end. Will he go full ham and become his egotistical self? Or will he try to keep regaining Peter's favor before he dies from his ailment?

Attached: gonegold.png (1200x929, 1.24M)

Preferably villains that we haven't gotten in video games over and over again, like Hydro-Man, Spot, or Molten Man. Swarm's a good choice, too.

i wouldn't mind at all if the venom stuff already happened in universe and Norman got the symbiote later on.

You can have Peter explaining it to Miles in flashback fights and then you could see teenage Peter MJ and Harry doing stuff
AND
you get Aunt May back for a bit

I was REALLY hoping Lizard would cameo in the last DLC during the sewer segment
>Crawl around the tunnels looking for Sable or Hammerhead
>Out of the shadows Connors leaps to attack, only to get zapped and scurry away thus teasing him for the sequel
>”Okay THAT’S something to worry about later. Sorry, Doc.”

Swarm was mentioned in one of JJ's broadcasts in the videogame. What was the reference in the comic?

He made a cameo where Miles was watching cam footage of Spider-Man fighting him. Here's a better look at him featured at the end of the issue

Attached: SWARM.jpg (1040x1600, 496K)

>Taskmaster never triggered his Spider Sense
Explain.

does he know DareDevil and Strange or the Avengers in universe?

tarantula to return and reference getting beaten up by two spider-men

Attached: file.png (500x557, 596K)

>There's a current mini out right now, which teases Swarm possibly appearing in the PS4 sequel.

It's just an adaptation of the game with a few additional scenes/Easter eggs.

He knows the Avengers, one of the Landmarks implied that he never met Strange, and Nelson and Murdock is one of the Landmarks in the game, but they never say if he met Daredevil.

He met Matt Murdock, because he has his business card as seen in one of the backpack collectibles. He's never met Strange nor the Avengers in person. The only Dr Strange reference we have is Peter commenting on how creepy the Sanctum is
The comic is them fishing for ideas for the game sequel

yeah N+M's business card implies he doesn't know who DD is but i was wondering if the comics say anything different

Attached: DFA2A879-1A9D-41AC-9558-669D29C4A120.jpg (650x365, 35K)

How many villains did Spider-Man face in his eight years prior to the game's events? Electro, Rhino, Scorpion, Vulture, Kingpin, Blood Spider, Shocker, who else?

Swarm
Mysterio
The Lizard
Sandman
Tombstone

Just to name a few. I hope to see guys like The Beetle or maybe White Rabbit in side missions next time.

>Sandman
>Mysterio
>Swarm
>Black Cat
>The Lizard
>Tombstone
>Hammerhead/The Maggia

to be fair he says that he feels like something ... "Strange" goes on in at the sanctum.
easily handwaved as peter making a bad joke and knowing Dr Strange

pretty sure he thinks the fake spiderman is Chameleon

back to Yea Forums white you

Yea, that could have been cool. Though I guess maybe they might have worried people would think more would happen than just the early bird cameo and maybe didn't want to cause some kind of GTA Ratman ruckus with fans going "HOW TO FIND LIZARD AGAIN AND FIGHT HIM!"

He might know about Dare Devil, but not that he's blind.
>Huh. I wonder if my Spider Senses would go through the roof if I was blind.... but on the other hand then I wouldn't be able to watch my favorite shows again.

Don't forget Blood Spider who was in the prequel novel. Pretty cool he's had so many villains, especially since the likes of Ock and Gobby had yet to appear for him.

I wonder if the sequel will start out in medias res with Peter missing (possibly from the symbiote) and us playing as Miles first as he finally gets to start doing Spider-Man work without supervision. Could be a fun way to avoid dumping us back into an all powered-up Peter and basically having little challenge out of the gate.

I'd say that Morbius is pretty much assured for the sequel since "Morgan Michaels" is a pretty important NPC in the story. Plus the Sony movie comes out next year and it'd be good promotion for a pretty C-tier character.

Certainly would be interesting given how old he is in this compared to most iterations of the character where he's not that much older than Peter.

Yeah, I mentioned him in

I think the cameos in Web of Shadows were great.

They're gonna pull a DMC5 and have you switch between Miles and Pete.

Certainly likely, but it'll be interesting to see how it starts out if Peter will be out of commission in the start because of the Symbiote or if we'll be able to pick whichever character for most of the game beyond some specific moments.

I suppose the sequel could take place in late 2019 as The DLC happens in mid 2019 and Spider-Geddon happens possibly in early 2019 as MJ is still in NYC

Seems likely, the sequel will probably be announced before this year is over, and come out roughly around the 2-year mark in 2020, but the events will likely all be during 2019. That way, it'll have been about a year in-universe for Peter to get Miles trained up.

>Spider-Geddon
I have to wonder if that'll be 100% canon to the games or not.

Gage contributes to the games, doesn't he?

Is the game having a sequel for PS4? I thought they would wait for the PS5 or they’re doing one of those the game is available in both consoles?

Yea, but I'm pretty sure Insomniac largely controls the narrative, and while I'm guessing the comic doesn't interfere with the universe too much, it could just as easily be ignored to the point of being considered non-canon, at least in the games timeline.

PS5 isn't going to be until at least 2021, and there's not much stopping Insomniac from altering the city they already have somewhat and just creating a new story and missions to play within it.

Didn’t Sony said they’re working on the PS5 should be revealed next week

Fuck I mean year, like a E3 2020 reveal

Still, we probably won't see the system until around very late 2020 or early 2021. Plus, Insomniac all but confirmed they're already developing a second game some months ago. If the rumors of PS5 having Backwards Compatibility with PS4, then it wouldn't matter much if the game isn't a debut title.

I really have hopes that the sequel will be to the ultimate Spider-Man game what the first was to Spider-Man 2
A game where you flipflop between 2 main character's, have a couple hero cameos and then have a manual character swap for the postgame
double points if they recreate that venom vs wolverine fight

Attached: images (4).jpg (462x663, 47K)

If console is announce in early 2020, it should come out in christmas and the start of 2021, so probably what this guy said

Wishlist:
>Power Suit Green Goblin.
>Mysterio, Sandman, and Big Wheel boss fights.
>Eddie Brock missions replacing MJ's.
>Peter and Miles training missions.
>Black Suit Peter.
>Eddie Brock Venom being a thing and similar to Movie Venom.

Speaking of Green Goblin, I'm curious if we'll get some sighting of Norman in the suit for the next game. While be much having Venom AND Gobby as threats in one game, I could see Norman cropping up to try and diffuse the situation, then whatever happens and he loses his shit to become the villain we know for the third (and presumably final) game.

How is the Insomniac game from a classic Spidey POV? The last time I really enjoyed Spider-Man was when Spider-Girl had her own series, Ultimate Spidey, and the Raimi movies. Since then I just haven't been able to summon a fuck to give. I never even saw the newer Sony movies. I remember I always enjoyed other Marvel heroes dropping in for a scene or two in the older games.

How come his suit looks so manufactured? Is this Peter no longer just a poor ass photogrpaher with some sewing and tech skills?

Attached: 1542774633340.jpg (988x299, 73K)

>How is the Insomniac game from a classic Spidey POV?
As in the story? It's pretty damn good. Despite the understandable reactions of fear when it was announced that the game would have segments as Spider-Man AND Peter, they managed to capture double life very nicely without being too cringey for either aspect of Peter's character. Hell, they even took the time to make it that when swinging around, Peter sounds exhausted if he's speaking with someone on the phone, and completely normal if he's just milling about on a roof. As for the other characters, they're all pretty solid as well. MJ is a bit tough to get used to given how she's like April from TMNT sans the gazongas and jumpsuit, and the relationship drama can be a bit forced but never to the point of annoyance.

Miles is pretty damn great despite expectations of him being his usual Gary Stu self from the comics. While he's not nearly as deep as Spider-Verse Miles, he's leagues above the cartoon versions and the comic book original. The villains are all great as well, with Otto being the best with how he and Peter start out with a very father/son relationship. And Aunt May in this game is probably the best May we've had in years.

As for the costume? There's a reason for its look very early on. Peter gets permission from Otto to use their lab's tech to make new and improved suit.

The game already teased swarm

>How come his suit looks so manufactured?

First mission begins with Peter wearing the classic suit, but it gets shredded while taking Kingpin into custody. The boxart suit is an "improvement" coming from someone familiar.

Thanks. I hate that Miles exists in the mainline continuities, while Mayday and other Spiders are basically ignored across the board, but I guess I just have to deal with it. He isn't going anywhere. I should just be happy the push to replace Peter with him failed.

I guess I'll pick up the game next time I see it on offer or used.

It's already received an official price drop, you can pretty easily find it for about $30-ish now if you keep your eyes peeled.

At least it's nice that PS4 and Spider-Verse Miles are being developed with some careful consideration in mind compared to their comic book originator, clearly people on both teams are listening to what's being said about OG Miles.

Though I wouldn't say awful, its just ok, nothing really outstanding about it. After finishing the game, I tried doing the DLCs but I got bored with the thing and I never got to finish them.

Something might be in a backpack at most. I feel like it would distract from the story too hard.

I'm a huge fan and I did like the game, its not perfect but it does get Pete aunt may JJJ Otto Orborne and Kingpin right. It only gets MJ and some of the smaller villains wrong

I honestly Like this Miles far more than Spiderverse Miles because they atleast quantified him into petes life, rather than just killing Peter off to "set up" Miles, don't get me wrong i still hate the character with a passion but at least he's more than just a harbinger of death for peter

Kraven should replace Taskmaster
White Rabbit should replace Screwball

Am I the only one who found the stealth completely fucked? Like you go to a warehouse and get noticed once and the enemies know where you are at all times and there's like 100 waves of them? I wish it was like Arkham.