Barely cares about Uncle Ben

>Barely cares about Uncle Ben
>No financial problems
>is a killer
>No Gwen, no Mary Jane
>ugly-ass digital high-tech suit
>"Mr. Stark, Mr. Stark, give me your approval, Mr. Stark"
Why is MCU Spider-Man the worst cinematic Spider-Man to date?

Attached: Spiderman.jpg (640x359, 16K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/gKktmotYHDY
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

All live action superhero adaptions are bad so you don’t need to pick one

>wants the same movies we got over a decade ago

Oh boy, I sure do agree with you!

>Died before the movies started
>Clearly asked if the Stark scholarship came with money and had to fish a computer out of the dumpster
>No
>???
>Not any more
>What is a mentor, what is the loss of a mentor leading to individual growth

Read a book or brain yourself with one. Either way is fine with me.

Making Spider-Man, one of the first teenage heroes who weren't just a sidekick to some other hero, basically dependent on Stark and wanting to be his sidekick felt disrespectful to me.

Then they shouldn't have made another Spider-man movie full stop.

Thanos' soldiers are cyborgs made of necrotic tissue, not living people

He's better than Tobey.

>Barely cares about Uncle Ben
His death was already implied in Civil War and Homecoming. We don't need to see this a third time
>No financial problems
Who cares
>Is a killer
Mindless alien drones don't count. He risked his own life to save Vulture even though he could have exposed his identity

How is he a killer though, the Thanos army members are mindless genetically engineered soldiers, they have no families or anything

Why do people care if Spider-man is a killer? In the comic, he killed Gwen Stacey.

Proof?

>Is a killer
Alien armies have never counted for things like that.

wait... whiney bitch Andrew Garfield cried more then Tobey McGuire, a known whiney bitch.... and somehow tagalong spidey is worse? I guess if ur a crybabby then Garfield is perfect for u, just like hes perfect for OP

Would you have preferred if they retread the same story beats we've already watched twice before?

Get the fuck out norman

This. One of Peter Parker's key features is that he's an everyman hero. Not just starting off in the mundane world, but actually living life, surrounded by ordinary people who direct his actions more than any mysticism, organisation or company does.

It's important that the only mentor he really respected where his working class, everyman aunt and uncle.

And yet Spider-verse managed to capture a much more accurate Peter Parker despite a completely different story and role.

Giving a different take on the source material doesn't mean throwing the source material away.

Heck, if they wanted to do something different, why not make post-graduate Peter instead of yet another take where he starts in highschool?

Spider-Man isn't the Punisher.

The problem of the MCU is that they cater to the lowest common denominator, and the LCD is always asking for killer heroes. Have you guys noticed how every MCU hero is a killer?

Let me get this straight...
Because spiderman managed to..
>move on from the death of his Uncle
>secure a financial foothold
>killed the equivalent of flesh-covered toasters and/or lobotomized or brainless killer rats
>not get hung up on some girls like we've seen over and over again for decades
>wear a suit that is just different from the others but in no way looks significantly different from old suits which have been reused over and over and over again
>idolize a world-celebrity superhero who became his mentor
he's bad now?

You have shit taste user.

He’s going out on a limb by saying “nectotic tissue”, but the cyborg aspect, you can see the metal robot parts. They’re probably more like they act with animalistic savagery, except they have a single-minded drive to kill what they’re pointed at. Thanos probably just found some predator species, genetically modified them, and added mechanical implants to control them with.

It's because they're actual heroes who know when people need to be put down. No revolving Arkham doors in the MCU.

How is it to be part of the LCD?

Sometimes you gotta kill someone who is really willing to kill innocent people.

Spider-Man and Ant-Man have not directly killed anyone other than mindless aliens. For all the others it makes sense for them to kill
>Iron Man
Sold weapons for a living and spent months being held captive by people who killed soldiers right in front of him
>Captain America
Literally a soldier who fought in WW2. Killing is his job.
>Hulk
Angry monster
>Thor
Thousand year old alien from a warrior culture
>War Machine
Air force colonel
>Black Widow
Ex Soviet spy known for assassination
>Hawkeye
One of SHIELD's top agents
>Falcon
Iraq veteran

>Avengers: World's Mightiest Killers
What exactly is the Punisher's appeal in a world where even Spider-Man has a bigger body count?

They have 3 goddamned Peter Parkers. It should have been Miles Morales.

I think it's more that the typical comic contrivances that allow them to always save the day without killing anyone are hard to depict on the screen.

Also that MCU loves it's massive evil mook armies, probably so they can only have one major villain and still let all the various heroes get a fight scene.

But how exactly could they have resolved the Endgame finale without killing a single part of Thanos army. Write it differently doesn't count.

I agree with all of these except for “Instant Kill Mode” Spider-Man in the end of Endgame.

>>is a killer

To a mindless alien. You might as well complain that he kills an ant before.

Attached: ALL NIGHT.gif (127x127, 247K)

The MCU takes notes from the Ultimate Universe, which in turn is supposed to be "realistic". Bad guys don't get to live in the real world. The sooner your grow up and figure that, the better.

The Punisher kills the baddies just for existing. Everyone else does it out of self-defense or as a last resort.

Yes you fucking faggot because the point of Pete is that he can struggle but still become his own man. When aunt Milf and Uncle "MCU is centered around my fucking ego" are all paying for him to remain a fucking child in both personality and experience then he's goddamn bad. Parker was a fucking adult in high school, its the whole reason Flash gave him shit. In becoming spider-man he learned how to be a man.

I like how you are only one that is wanting Peter to stop an army and said: "Stop guys, these guys could be alright".

This is why people called Peter retarded during spider-verse and when carnage almost murders a whole town of people.

Attached: tumblr_inline_mi7zz4BaQA1qz4rgp.gif (500x281, 426K)

Miles exists in the MCU. He was Donald Glover's unseen nephew in Homecoming. They seeded the idea for his character, and they can tap him whenever. He's also potentially old enough to be going to the same school as Peter, now.
They also killed Tony Stark, and Black Widow, while retiring two other Avengers.
MCU isn't in a rush. Peter won't be around forever. Give it time.

Peter displays his character in Homecoming, when he goes out of his way to save Vulture from his own jetpack blowing up.

Tony would have let him fry.

I do like that in every spider man adaption they either hint at Miles existence or either outright state “yeah that’s him”
Shows he’s come a long way from just being Black Spiderman

Green Goblin kept surviving in the Ultimate.

Tbh used to dislike him him for being Affirmative Action Man, but he seems cool.

Wasn't he killing mindless drones that were part of Thanos' army? The same as killing those little dog creatures in Infinity War?

heroes are those who are ready to sacrifice their life to save others.
If you're fighting in a war against an invading army and you refuse to kill the invading soldiers you're not a hero, you're a traitor.

who had the worse MCU reimagining? peter "i want tony to be my daddy!" parker or ultron "tony ain't my daddy!" stark?

Still hard for me to grasp why they felt like Spider-Man of all fucking people needed a pre-existing MCU character to be tied into his origin

Who the fuck screams he's a killer during a literal battle that decides the existence of every living soul in the universe? He was fighting mindless, murdering monsters that would have kept getting up had he not turned his suit up to the max.

On top of that, we know about Uncle Ben. We've had that shit twice already, hell, the lack of father figure is substituted with his seeking approval from Stark. The rest is you being stupid or blind and your petty whining smacks of someone who is just mad his shitty expectations were wrong.

Attached: 37830930.1_tumblr_n6lfa5NXlG1smvngpo1_400.gif (398x223, 1.99M)

Peter, because he's then supposed to carry his own movies. He has no cred as a hero.
At least Ultron got to die and has a chance to come back as something better.

>>Spider-Man and Ant-Man have not directly killed anyone other than mindless aliens
They both teamed up to kill Black Dwarf.

So, aunt May takes his male virginity and mr. Stark his boipussy virginity. Threesome when?

>Spider-Man has a bigger body count
Spider-Man assisted Black Dwarf getting stomped so he has precisely 1 kill to his name thats not the equivalent of a fucking attack dog.

>It should have been M--
No.

>>move on from the death of his Uncle
His uncle death is the sole reason he is Spider-Man
>>secure a financial foothold
How can he make web shooters if he has no money
>>killed the equivalent of flesh-covered toasters and/or lobotomized or brainless killer rats
Not familiar with that.
>>not get hung up on some girls like we've seen over and over again for decades
Spider-Man is basically a romance story
>>wear a suit that is just different from the others but in no way looks significantly different from old suits which have been reused over and over and over again
There was nothing wrong with the suit, no need to change it or make it different
>>idolize a world-celebrity superhero who became his mentor
Spider-Man is a loner, he doesn't rely on other heroes but himself.

Yes because it misses the point of what makes Spider-Man interesting. Also

>wear a suit that is just different from the others but in no way looks significantly different from old suits which have been reused over and over and over again
Just make it the fucking classic suit verbatim and it would have looked both better and different from the previous ones.

>Spider-Man is a loner, he doesn't rely on other heroes but himself.
I mean Peter has his angsty moments but I can’t ever picture Spider-Man as a “loner”. He’s probably had as many guest appearances as Wolverine.

He's awful. But he's good-looking so he's the best ever.

>fate of the world is at stake
>if you lose EVERYONE IS GOING TO DIE

>OMFG SPIDER MAN IS A MURDERER DEFENDING HIMSELF AGAINST BIO ORGANIC SOLDIERS TO SAVE THE UNIVERSE

lel fuck off

He's better than Garfield
The only one of those "compaints" any sensible person should care about is his ugly CGI costume in Homecoming

Attached: property-of-peter-parker.jpg (3000x1268, 280K)

My biggest pet-peeve is that his secret identity is known by the Avengers

Can a superhero stay under the radar from them in the MCU?

Based

>I can't picture Spider-Man as a loner
Go read early Spider-Man where he tells the Avengers to fuck off and flakes on the F4 because they won't pay him.

Alien goons were never included in the "no-killing" rule, brainlets.

Attached: Batman kills Parademon.jpg (1039x1600, 539K)

The reason why they can't kill villains in the comic is because that would force writters to create new characters, instead of making Batman fight the Joker for the 2302380238# time

Since in movies you don't need to recycle villains, killing is aight. Even so, The Avengers have spared a lot of villains, like Loki and Zemo.

>heroes can't kill aliens from an invading army that are trying to destroy the entire existence
So, this is the power of comic book nerds?

The MCU takes a more personal approach to their heroes. Every hero is mostly called by their real names, instead of their hero names. This is probably one of the reasons why normies got so attached to them.

Shit bait, and even if it wasn't nothing comes close to the dumpster fires that were the Garfield movies.

Attached: sponged.jpg (320x320, 29K)

i'm sorry you're such a retard user, want me to fuck your mommy so you can have a sibling who will not a disappointment like you?

>No financial problems
Idk what you're talking about, he clearly lives in a shithole

I’ve mentioned the Scarlet Witch a few times at work and huge MCU fans have no idea who I’m talking about

Seemed like a very swell place.

At least he has Ned

Attached: WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE.png (556x600, 351K)

>Peter at the literal start of his hero career
>REEEE WHY ISNT HE SPIDER-MAN
Just admit you hate children.

>what is a character arc
He gets over it in Homecoming, but the fact that it's an arc at ALL is what triggers people

>Barley cares about Uncle Ben
You know people get over deaths in their family you know?

>No finacial Problems. Peter in Spider-Man 1 didn't have any problems either, he was living with his Aunt May. Spider-Man 2 gave him finical problems. Same state here

>No Gwen, No Mary Jane
You got MJ. No matter how hard they try to deny it you got her. Don't have to like her. Isn't this supposed to be about him? Why the fuck does Spider Man need a bitch on his dick to make him a good version of Spider-Man?

>Is Killer
Who?

>Ugly Ass Digital High-Tech Suit
I'll give you that.

>"Mr. Stark, Mr. Stark, give me your approval, Mr. Stark"

It's somewhat implied that Tony is the biggest father figure Peter has had since Uncle Ben and the fact he got involved in something big like the Civil War Fiasco he got excited and wanted to be involved in more shit like that. He got a taste of the bigger world and wanted to prove he could get into it. He's a kid, he's human, he's got ambitious too big for his own good that he ain't ready yet thats part of his character in MCU.

Attached: 1555522292191.jpg (500x500, 120K)

MCU Peter's just Miles but white

The thing is the movies don't even ignore Uncle Ben. They heavily imply him in most scenes and have dedicated lines to allude to him. They should really bite the bullet and just show his origin.

He's a likeable character but a really poor Spider-Man.

Hopefully with Tony dead they'll start doing right by him now that he's on his own.

After watching Endgame and seeing everyone in the theater cheering when he showed up or reacting to his reunion with Stark I learned that the ones who hate MCU Spider Man are pathetic manchilds in the minority who do nothing but complain about dumb shit

>You know people get over deaths in their family you know?
Not that I agree with OP that it is ignored, but Peter's schtick is that he never does completely, his guilt in being involved in his loved ones' deaths is usually a big drive for him being Spider-Man at all.

You are already wrong for being in a theater that "cheers up" when characters appear.

Michelle Jones is no more MJ than Chat or Anna Marie is. She only shares initials: otherwise its a completely different OC love interest for Spidey.

Let's not forget that he isn't even a science nerd, he's just "socially awkward". At least in the comics the reason why he wasn't popular was because he put all his points into intelligence and was too busy constantly coming up with creative ways to fight the challenge of each villain he'd face. MCU Spidey is just an incompetent beta on all levels.

Attached: 1409115952520.jpg (747x1069, 85K)

"Just a second Mr.Stark! Gotta non-lethally incapacitate these unending waves of savage invading alien army goons!"

>You might as well complain that he kills an ant before.

Attached: spiderman vs antman.gif (272x204, 1.92M)

Eh, not buying it.

In fucking 2019?
lel fuck off

616 Peter was never really unpopular. Yeah Flash picked on him but he had 3 hot girls fighting over his dick, and also got invited to parties, he just didn't go.

seriously who cares about uncle ben?

MCU Peter is just Miles, which is just blander Ultimate Peter, which is a bad 00s parody of Peter. As long as the quips keep coming, the MCU audience won't bat an eye.

The "Great Power, Great Responsibility" concept actually makes sense coming from Tony Stark, who died shouldering awesome responsibility.
It's fucking odd coming from his layabout Uncle, who didn't even know Peter had great power. It really comes out of nowhere.

Attached: bender-smoking.jpg (450x334, 55K)

It's a coming of age analogy. Jesus, you are all illiterate.

>Parker was a fucking adult in high school
so he became a wrestler and let his uncle die?

It's because it doesn't originally come from him, it comes from a narration box.

Teen Wolf really made that part up when they ripped the phrase from Spider-Man, and Raimi ripped it back
youtu.be/gKktmotYHDY
It wasn't that in comics because it was literally a Stan Lee slogan for his new guilt-ridden superhero.

Fucking Raimifags.

Attached: quote-from-the-comic.jpg (570x346, 69K)

MCU Heroes aren't killers, they just operate on the reasonable standard of being willingly to use potentially lethal force when necessary.

Hey man, you know what they say, you can build a thousand bridges...

If you can't draw any connection between the phrase and his story, you might suffer from autism.

Wow you're stupid.

I literally did in the post you're replying to, you retard. Learn to read.
He got bit by a spider, gaining great power, his uncle got killed when he could have easily saved him using his great power. This makes him feel sad and guilty. This makes him understand that with great power must also come great responsibility.
It's not about you growing pubes, Kevin.

Man, what fucking movies did you watch?

Peter went out of his way to save Toomes in Homecoming and distracted the Vulutre's arms dealers from killing a street thug. And let's be perfectly honest here: putting aside whether or not he was fighting sentient beings or robots or otherwise not-human monsters--when you are in a literal Final Battle where the alternative is to lay down, die, let EVERYBODY in the entire fucking universe die along with you, and kiss Oblivion right on the hairy ass, you flip the damn Kill Mode switch and fight with everything you got. Don't try to sell me this "killer" bullshit like he pulled out a Spider-glock and fucking executed bank robbers or he shivved Loki when nobody was looking.

Uncle Ben is implied to have impacted Peter's life but unlike DC with the Waynes dying in Crime alley, Marvel doesn't need to put his death or bring him up in every fucking Spider-film. Peter awkwardly trying to get to explaining it in Civil War was fine as is, we have MJ in the movies, and you also seemed to forget that Peter turned down the Avenger gig/the Iron Spider costume, valuing his street-level heroics more than a shot at fame and fortune. Also without Stark, he'd be fighting Thanos in sweat pants.

There's got to be something preventing them from calling Wanda 'Scarlet Witch.' She's been in 4/5 movies now and still the only place you'll see 'Scarlet Witch' is in the credits. Maybe China?
Pietro never got Quicksilver, but he also died pretty fucking quickly. Thanks, Whedon

same reason Natasha isnt called Widow anymore: because theres zero reason for some MCU characters to have their super name

She's been called "the Witch", I'm pretty sure by some villain or other. To be fair nobody's been calling her by her codename much in comics in like 30 years either.

ned (and at least a few neighbors, its NYC) sees him sneak through the window, he speaks out loud about being spiderman and fighting bad guys in high school, aunt may knows, he talks on a cell phone (this may be some secret stark/shield phone) in public next to people's apartment windows. NYC public high schools have cameras in the halls, the FBI was on the ferry with him, black MJ knows who he is, the sandwich shop guy probably knows who he is, his cat does at least. oh and tony stark figured it out somehow too. he's not keeping it a secret. he's going to do the press conference and reveal himself in spiderman homecoming 3 and become scientist spider-man taking over tony's role

Attached: spider-man-out.jpg (2560x2035, 1.35M)

Well, Ultimate Peter couldn't go a day without someone finding about his secret identity so I guess that's okay.

the best part is that spider-gwen will probably appear. she probably didn't get snapped and aged up to peter's grade level and will appear in the next movie, she probably won't get powers but it would be an "epic reveal" which dismarvel likes to do so who knows. she's coming

Wait so it's not murder if they don't have families?
Time to go bomb an orphanage I guess.

That counts as murder in the Marvel universe now. Robots have rights.

>Fucking Raimifags.
Honestly not gonna lie. Next time I see a Raimifaggot I'm kicking him from this server.

Bought a 500 dollar lego set.

His buddy bought that and brought it over.

That's what friends do. Bring over LEGOs.

What the fuck, no. Never. Holy shit no.
You don't bring over LEGOs, you invite your friends over so they can play with yours if you must, but you never take your LEGOs to other homes because that's how you fucking lose pieces.
I lost the top half of my Pohatu's Koli ball that way and I've never been able to forgive myself.

Peter in MCU is literally NOTICE ME, TONY-SENPAI, that is all his character has devolved into.

Also, I want more Gwen Stacy

Attached: 1546852743642.jpg (1200x1360, 297K)

>Pohatu's Koli
I don't know any Bionicle stuff, but can you get a replacement on ebay or direct ordering from LEGO.

I will agree it's foolish to bring an entire LEGO Deathstar to your buddy's apartment, and hold in your hands anticipating his return.

You don't get it man.
That Pohatu was a present from my mom. And this was back in 2001. And Pohatu is the only one of the Toa with a ranged attack, he kicks a Koli ball and wrecks enemies with it. Imagine going through your childhood years but one of your Toa is basically a handicapped cripple who can't even do his main attack gear function.
Yeah eventually I got another ball. But the damage was already done. It's like getting a Spider-man action figure with web-shooters and breaking them on the first try. You can never forgive yourself afterwards.
With great toys comes great responsibility.

But Ditko Peter was nothing like Holland Peter even at issue #1.

Ditko Peter was such a cute button, it's just a damn shame his evil social justice aunt set him up with a subhuman creature like Mary Jane Watson who would eventually dissuade Peter from wholesome women who actually care about being good wives like Stan Lee's wife, Gwen Stacy, who was killed solely because of the farcical notion that a man shouldn't be allowed to marry a good woman and be happy which is the reason we live in degeneracy today.

Attached: Penis Parker.png (443x318, 283K)

>It wasn’t that in the comics
It was literally spoken by Uncle Ben in Ultimate Spider-Man that predates the movie by a year. It wasn’t a Raimi thing you fucking retard

Attached: F7F86819-1943-4703-AE3A-B82794FC84FA.jpg (286x540, 39K)

Attached: salute.jpg (1420x793, 339K)

>Bendisposting
The fact Raimi took anything from Ultimate is quite possibly worse than getting the line from tertiary pop-culture references.

Ultimate Peter is way more based than Holland Peter

Attached: 65FF007D-AF9A-4CAC-909C-BAFABCB17D1F.jpg (991x1231, 1.29M)

>Ultimate Peter is way more _____ than White Miles Morales
Wow, what a Milestone.

It's probably Fox shenanigans.

Did Logan get a handy or a blowie or something? He seems entirely too smug considering MJ heavily implies they didn't actually fuck. There is a lot of room between kissing and benisinvajoo after all.

MJ is also in Homecoming/Far From home.
Aliens don't really count so i don't see him as a killer. Mindless aliens don't count in comic world/

>Literally mind swap the consciousness of this high school student with your creepy midget friend who tried to have sex with a minor.
>Act all smug and jokey about it
Trask did nothing wrong.

Attached: 037B1747-B84D-47EE-966D-0CDCA51522E9.png (237x360, 117K)

Logan's smile is that of a sexual predator who just eluded any possible conviction. So you gotta assume that Jean Grey is an accessory to some variant of sexual assault.

Why have they really forced Jean Grey being an unhinged weirdo in the last 15-20 years?

Attached: iceman1.jpg (1200x1822, 279K)

They were literal animals.

>>is a killer
No, he isn't. Animals aren't people.

They were mindless drones trying to get the infinity gauntlet so thanos could snap out all life in the universe, if that doesn't call for instant kill mode I dont know what does.

>by a year
So it almost definitely doesn't predate the movie's script.

Why do fags like to pretend that during literal alien invasions that killing wouldn't be free game for any Earth citizen under ANY non-retarded law system? This way of thinking is produced because of and they meme it up hard with platitudes.
You fucks pretend like some farmer killing an alien with a shotgun when it appears out of nowhere that he's suddenly going to have some epiphany that he absolutely loves killing and will become a supervillain

They really want Spider-Man to be a nice soft boy I guess.

>he gets over it in homecoming
wrong

Pretty contrived writing for the army to always have to be fucking mindless robots.
Would be great if a villain just mind controls people the heroes can't just fight for once.

Amd they can always do that in the final film to solidfy Peter's character. Maybe have him get a Tony style revelation that his Uncle was killed by Chitauri Tech bought by the Kingpin

>No Gwen, no Mary Jane
good, Peter is for May!

Attached: 1490707212708.jpg (1911x791, 128K)

My post doesn't imply any of that, champ.

>Spider-Man isn't the Punisher.

Attached: Spider-Man-as-Punisher-What-If-Comic.jpg (1500x750, 480K)

>you can build a thousand bridges
>kill one invading entity

No, u wrong.

>Would be great if a villain just mind controls people the heroes can't just fight for once.
That was probably the most redeemable part of Maximum Carnage.

Attached: ironfiststare.jpg (316x422, 99K)

Still not implied the specific circumstances of alien invasion, I was replying to a post about MCU heroes in general, most of whom have killed before Endgame.

>This White Miles meme again
You retards really haven't read any Miles and see they have somethings in similar and hop on the "OH HE'S WHITE MILES BECAUSE THEY BOTH HAVE X"
They're supporting cats, story, personality is nothing alike

sequel soon

Attached: 1548036088368.jpg (800x800, 58K)

>"OH HE'S WHITE MILES BECAUSE THEY BOTH HAVE X"
Because they're both pussies

>is a killer

He kills enemy combatants who are stronger than him, in war zones, yeah. Is that supposed to be bad somehow?

The killing would be acceptable if the characters were at least fighting for a good cause, and only killed those who really deserved it. But this is not the case, and the setting hasn't changed at all which implies that all the violence was pointless.

>the setting hasn't changed at all
Even ignoring that superheroes tend to protect the status quo rather than change it, that's wrong.
As far as it's been shown
>Ten Rings don't exist anymore
>HYDRA either entirely disappeared or hasn't been relevant in 5-10 years
>Wakanda opened up to the world
>Janet Van Dyne got better

And then you've got the Thor franchise, where the setting mostly changed for the worse
>Odin isn't Asgard boss
>Loki isn't Asgard boss
>Asgard isn't

And all the problems they created that they then resolved.

>Garfield movies
I didn't mind the first film. People seemed mad, mostly because Garfield didn't have the actual nerdy, awkward vibe that Peter Parker usually has.

Of course not, Garfield was too busy dancing and eating lasagna

>the actual nerdy, awkward vibe that Peter Parker usually has.
That was never really a thing in 616 or most adaptations prior to Raimi, Peter was a nerd but he wasn't socially awkward. Can't vouch for Ultimate though, never gave it a read.

He killed murder monsters that were trying to exterminate all life in the universe.

Gass yourself, Bendis

What else does he have besides being "black spider-man"? That's the entire point of his existence. And I suppose its "nice" to see non spider-man fans cheering on the worst addition to the franchise

>doesn’t care about Ben
No, it’s just that it’s implied it happened months ago before Infinity War
>no financial issues
What? He has to dumpster dive for parts and electronics. Just because he and Aunt May aren’t living at the poverty line like in Spiderman 2 doesn’t mean they don’t have issues.
>is a killer
What?
>no Gwen, no Mary Jane
Okay? They’re not really that important to his character
>ugly-ass high-tech suit
I kinda liked it
>Mr. Stark
Huh? So he wants approval from a celebrity and mentor figure? That’s fucking insane
Remember, if Peter is 15-16 in Civil War, hes been in a world with Tony Stark as a super hero celebrity since he was 6-7

So you'd be fine if Superman was a gay serial killer in a movie? We don't need to repeat the 70s movies after all.

Gwen is incredibly important to his character, and Mary Jane becomes one of his best supporting characters. Read the original books if you don't believe me, the ultimate versions of those characters were awful like the rest of the book

Spider-Man not having a mentor is a huge part of his character you dumb fucking moviefaggot, it's part of his guilt related to Uncle Ben, hell it's why he didn't join the FF in AMS #1. The movienigger "if a teenage boy would do it it's in character" attitude towards Spider-Man is so fucking embarrassing.

>t. Movienigger who can't even be assed to read Spider-Man's wikipedia page.

Spider-Man nearly killed himself trying to save Vulture.

>Why is MCU Spider-Man the worst cinematic Spider-Man to date?

Because they didn't get a good actor and they wanted a pretty boy they can Disney-fy too. They shown a complete disregard for source material and character. Fuck Disney-Marvel and Fuck Tom Holland.

This. They're too concerned with selling Spider-man to teens who take selfies and watch youtube videos more than reading comics. Spider-man's also been an outcast and social recluse, paradoxically being popular because of his book's popularity. Everyone knows him but he generally isn't the most outgoing or social dude either.

Disney just wants to sell "TEEN HERO" and that's why we get the gimped thing we got.

>They're too concerned with selling Spider-man to teens who take selfies and watch youtube videos
See: Shazam, a movie literally featuring selfies and youtube videos
>more than reading comics.
Yes, I agree they aren't focusing on their smallest possible audience. Probably because they are trying to make big-budget Spider-Man movies that gross a billion, and not direct-to-video Spider-man movies for the miniscule LCS crowd.

>See: Shazam, a movie literally featuring selfies and youtube videos

Billy Batson=Peter Parker huh? Same character and everything, same experiences, same powers? We're talking about a character, not a formula, Disney.

It should be what's good for the character not [WHATS GOOD FOR THE DEMOGRAPHIC WE HOPE THIS BRAINWASHING SESSION HITS].

>Yes, I agree they aren't focusing on their smallest possible audience.

Without which, their wouldn't be enough interest to adapt the character to other stuff in the first place. Respect their humble origins and roots and create products that tape into that rather than skinning them and making something with all style and no substance.

>teenaged boy loses only male role model and now is obsessed with new male role model
HMM
it's like it's realistic or something

Basically you are pissed that they didn't remake the Raimi movies beat-for-beat and inject that into the MCU.
That's my takeaway.
No one has an interest in remaking those films; not Sony, not Disney. You'll always have them.
The MCU is not intended, was never intended to be a re-enactment of 60's Marvel comics. Has never even made that attempt, has always clearly been its own alternate universe.

That's just the way it is. You are wasting your time being pissed for nothing.

It's also completely out of character and the opposite of how it went in the comics (avoidance in that situation being an equally realistic response)

So?
Banner doesn't save Rick Jones from an Gamma Bomb and turn into a grey monster in the MCU either. Its irrelevant.

Stop invoking the Raimi movies like they're a win condition you fucking idiot.
I can just say "you only like it because it's not Raimi" and have just as much argumentative force (ie none) in that statement.

>MJ is also in Homecoming/Far From home.
shut the fuck up

No, I like Raimi, and I'm pretty comfy with MCU Spider-Man.
I just don't need Disney to refilm the Raimi movies or go down the exact same Norman Osborn/Goblin/Death of Gwen Stacy arc that the old comics did. I'm up for surprises.

>invoking plot as a counterargument to characterization issues
Go back to turbobrainlet

>What?
>What?
>Okay?
>HUH????!!!!
Are you a woman, Jesus Christ.

No you only like it because it's not Raimi, sorry, I said it so it's true.
See how that goes retard?

What is your main problem with MCU Peter Parker's characterization then?
YOU seem to be the one obsessed with Plot; ie the death of Ben Parker.

I'd love that to come up in conversation at the Hall of Justice.
>Wow. So you shot that Parademon right in the chest?
>Yes.
>Don't you have a no guns policy? Heck, a no killing policy?
>...Aliens don't count.

>Martian Manhunter and Superman exchanged an uncomfortable glance

>Basically you are pissed that they didn't remake the Raimi movies beat-for-beat and inject that into the MCU.
That's my takeaway.

I never personally said Raimi was the best or what I wanted either dude. That's you projecting really hard. We can debate all day about what good having Peter Parker in highschool for 18 movies does too. At least Raimi has him graduating and moving on with his life.

>I just don't need Disney to refilm the Raimi movies or go down the exact same Norman Osborn/Goblin/Death of Gwen Stacy arc that the old comics did. I'm up for surprises.

They can 100% take care of that in a flashbacks in a movie. If they did an older Spider-Man, that could have been established as his past and why he dodges certain authority figures. People still play him for Gwen's death. Osborn's body was never recovered so Spider-man has a lot to answer for with the Law. Civil War could have been Stark/the law/SHIELD trying to make things right or lure Spider-Man back out of semi-retirement.

A way to reboot the franchise and still acknowledge the other movies treading grounds.

Either way though, people like JJJ are missed and relevant to Spider-Man's whole world and story.

>>No financial problems
He lives in a section 8 housing apartment complex, as opposed to comics Peter that gets a quaint suburban house.

Seething black incel

Actually now that I think about, why the hell was Vision programmed to feel pain...

Because robots are really just black people in the marvel universe, and they want them to seem as human as possible to make it work.

This honestly, without the guilt of Uncle Ben forcing him to be responsible, Peter would've grown up to be a huge dick.

This too. Peter was as much a dick to Flash as Flash was to him. Often Peter would come of as having a too good for you attitude towards his peers. But hell even at 16(?) he was dating Betty Bryant who was 20ish. And by College everyone loved the guy...

He has a fucking movie now. It was even pretty good. What the fuck do you want?

Kek, additionally why was Vision such shit tier Jobber in infinity war, the same for Scarlett Witch(She crushed Thanos later on). I mean both were toted as the stronger Avengers in Civil War, but somehow they can't handle 2 randos...

Something was wrong with Vision. I don't remember what. Scarlet didn't have sexy enough camera angles to gather her strength like she did in End Game.

He got surprise ganked by Glaive right off the bat who's spear hit him despite his attempt to phase through it.

He spend the rest of the film damaged and glitching from that.

Because he's mostly Miles