Ultron is underrated

youtube.com/watch?v=hI9GyhX7yHM&t=44s

Attached: Ultron_Textless_AoU_Poster.jpg (2000x2865, 740K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=oYiIxV8N_Mc
youtube.com/watch?v=U5va1iaLj2M
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Ultron was the best part of his movie. Sadly the writing was an actual geneva convention violation

I wish we'd had more time to explore his personality. An insane child who wants to strengthen humanity by destroying their faith in flawed heroes who WILL fail to protect them

The movie had 2 main things going against it compared to the first film:

1) Characters screentime wasn't balanced.
2) Villains tactics were repetitive, and cartoonish.

It felt a bit Mandarin-ish. Perfectly casted but underutilised.
youtube.com/watch?v=oYiIxV8N_Mc

Maybe we can get round 2 with Ultron again in the future.

Unacceptable. EMH Ultron is superior.

Attached: unacceptable.jpg (1280x720, 122K)

The only thing Superior about this version is the jack o lantern face, beyond that this character was so far removed from who Ultron actually is that it might as well be an OC

>beyond that this character was so far removed from who Ultron actually is that it might as well be an OC
Same can be said about MCU Ultron. But at least EMH had a better head.

My only gripe was his final upgrade not having the classic face.

A lot of EMH things are superior

>Age of Ultron was basically a giant fucking foreshadow for Infinity War and Endgame
>Ultron had absou-fucking-lutely nothing to do with Thanos.
Dumb.

I wish they'd played up the fact that Ultron's tactics were supposed to be dark versions of Stark's gambits more.

I liked him. He was another reflection of Tony Stark villain, but his interactions with the twins were nice. He probably needed more time to interact with the Avengers, especially Tony, but we need time for chase scenes.

Spader gave a lot of charm and charisma to the role because Spader's a good actor, but it's not like there was much going on with the character's personality or dialog.

Say whatever about the character, but the Pinoccio thing he had going on was deliciously ominous.

I think his tantrums and how quick he'd flip his switch were scary, like in his scene with Klaw, he made the guy a billionaire, then chopped his arm off, then apologised for it just before kicking him in the face again

I fully expect Ultron to return at some point. It would be super easy to make up an excuse for how he survived since he can upload his consciousness into anything. You don't even have to use the same design or voice actor since Ultron is constantly upgrading himself and changing his body. However Spader was awesome so I hope he comes back. Personally I think it would be great to see him as the Ant-Man 3 villain with Hank Pym somehow discovering his AI but not realising what he has found. I would love them to develop some sort of relationship similar to what they have in the comics. Maybe Ultron is somehow trapped in some machine and is pretending to be Hanks friend in order to manipulate him into building a body for him.

I felt that the film wasted his minions. They could have been upgraded continuously, to the point of having specialized variants by the finale (each tailored to fight a different Avenger).

Fuck Wheddon tho

I'm honestly hoping the "tailored to fight different Avengers" card is being saved specifically for a take on the Masters of Evil. I want a fight with no goons, only fully fleshed out heroes and villains on each side, going all out.

I had strings... but now I'm free...

I've got no strings... on me...

One thing I often see people misunderstand about Ultron is the whole meteor thing. They think what he was doing at the end of the film was his master plan all along and say stuff like "well why did he need the twins and a Vision body" and stuff like that. It wasn't always his plan though, that was just him throwing a tempter tantrum because the Avengers turned Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver against him and stole Vision. So Ultron was just like "fuck it I'm blowing up the earth." Or as he says to the Avengers in the film "You take away my world, I take away yours." I also love that he waited for the Avengers to arrive before setting it off so that they could try and stop it but "the world will be crushed under the weight of your failure".

So what exactly was his plan if he got his fancy Vision body?

What did he see on the internet that made him want to destroy humanity

It might be a while until they can set up a proper Masters of Evil, given how often they kill off their villains. Zemo being left alive and in jail is a good sign though. There's a lot of places you could jump off to from there, including a more standard Master of Evil or a Thunderbolts adaptation.

kill part of the population and lead what's left as robo-jesus

No idea. Probably to try and humiliate the Avengers and become Earths new protector with Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch. His original programming was to defend the earth from alien threats but he somehow assessed the Avengers were a problem that needed to be removed. That's just a guess though, the film just shows him trying to make the body then having his tantrum when things go wrong. So yeah his long term goals once he became Vision is something the film could have been more clear about.

Maybe he'll come back, his head was in homecoming

Attached: head.png (602x251, 116K)

I take it that raiding Wakanda for more Vibranium was next on the list.

His one comment about knowing for sure that god "was winding up" makes me think he knew the Snappening was coming, and wanted to prepare the entire planet for it rather than rellying on the few freaks.

Technically, he wasn't wrong.

The awkwardness of ultron seemed on purpose, Marvel knows how to write a fleshed out villain and a campy villain.

It was a combination of human emotion and robot solutions

3:38 in OP's video, he plainly states his plan

Yeah, this is the issue. All we really have to go on is some vague stuff about a world without the Avengers, "god is winding up" and something about "nuclear codes" that never goes ANYWHERE. It's easy to conclude that his meteor plan was always his endgame because the movie never gives us anything else.

AoU is just in general really clunky and not knowing what the fuck Ultron wants to do for a good 75% of the movie is the main problem.

Yeah if he knew how technologically advanced Wakanda was (which he possibly could have put together with all the information on the internet at his disposal) it makes sense that taking over all their systems and using the vibranium would be his next move.

Ultron was garbage. The quipping was trash, and having a moving face missed the whole point of Ultron being a robot who hates humans but gets emotional like them.

>When the Earth starts to settle, God throws a stone at it, and believe me, he's winding up.
>Upon this rock, I will build my church.
>Ask Noah.
>"Did you know this church is in the exact centre of the city. The Elders decreed it so that everyone could be... equally close to God. I like that, the geometry of belief.
>Captain America, God's righteous man.
It's weird for an AI robot to be so biblical

I have no real complaints about the movie. I felt it was a fun enough adventure story with a fun villain.

Age of Ultron has actually aged really well. It just seemed like a filler episode of the MCU when it released but with Civil War, Infinity War and especially Endgame a lot of the stuff foreshadowed in Age of Ultron has a really paid off.

What bugs me is: why is Ultron religious?

You mean the Russos retroactively saved Whedon's crap.

Whedon's a hack

Because he wants to be God. I mean, he was planning to put an Infinity Stone in his skull using the strongest and most physics fucking materials at hand, that seems pretty damn powerful

They never even established WHY Ultron was so religious.

I mean it's a fascinating idea: a religious robot (I first saw that in the English dub of "Casshan Robot Hunter"), but I wish they'd established it better.

I've said since it premiered Age of Ultron was good. The scene with him and Vision in the forest is probably my favorite MCU scene

>>Ultron had absou-fucking-lutely nothing to do with Thanos.

Ultron and Tony, Thanos and the Avengers: they were dark mirrors of each other.

"In order to prevent a massive loss of life, a smaller atrocity had to be committed"

This statement applies to both Ultron and Thanos, and maybe even Tony. Ultron believed that the earth needed to be pushed to the brink in order to force human evolution and encourage mutant growth in order to combat Thanos when he arrived. Thanos believed that life would consume too many resources and wipe itself out, so he killed half of it. Tony created Ultron, and later snapped all of Thanos' forces.

I mean Whedon obviously knew Thanos was coming. It was his idea to make Thanos the main villain of the MCU in the first place. The Russos did a fantastic job but it's not like Whedon didn't know what was coming.

Besides the initial tease in Avengers, Gunn did a much better job setting up Thanos than Whedon did.

I never got the impression that Ultron was religious, just that he was fascinated by belief (and not simply smugly dismissive of it) and liked using religious metaphor.

Thematically, that's a totally valid analysis. Would've been nice if some of it had been in the fucking movie.

Can you blame him? The bible is top tier theatrics for this kind of speeches. Nothing like some good old fashioned Abrahamic quoting to really get things going.

Honestly I'm waiting for the righteous-preacher robot parody where Neil Diamond blares in the background.

2:05 onward.

youtube.com/watch?v=U5va1iaLj2M

Gunn did a better job setting up Thanos as a character. However Whedon did a better job setting up the Avengers mental state in regards to an alien threat. This is especially true for Tony but also for Cap with the whole "we'll lose together" scene they called back to in Endgame.

It gets even crazier when you analyze Thanos in Infinity War and realize that The Avengers in Endgame are basically doing Thanos' journey.

Assume Thanos came to earth with everything but the Time and Mind stone, Could Ultron have stopped him?

That was the only thing I liked about Iron Man 3. It showed just how traumatized Tony was by the attack on New York.

>"Go ahead, destroy me Thanos. But you'll never be rid of me. I am everywhere."

My biggest problem with IM3 is that it didn't go far enough with that.

>Doctor Strange and Vision-Ultron teaming up to fight Thanos and the Black Order
There's a fuckin' concept.

A good, sensible act of foresight from Ultron would have been to send copies of his mind off-world and spread them across the universe. Kinda slow at the start but the moment he reaches a spacefaring race it becomes quite the jump.

It's also probably the easiest way to bring him back.

I agree. The whole film should have been about Iron Man's struggle to recover, instead of Shane Black goofing off.

Though I did love Stark completely running circles around the overconfident Extremis chick.

In this scenario Ultron would be in the Vision body with the stone in his head. So I can imagine some kind of stealth attack like they did to Vision in the actual Infinity War. Although Ultron would probably have space sensors waiting to detect intruders and stuff so who knows if it would actually work.

The enemy of my enemy. Ultron recognizes Thanos is beyond his control, being a fellow megalomaniac.

Hank knows what kind of prick Tony is. He can sense what type of personality Ultron would have to take immediate dislike to Ultron.

I don't think Ultron and Thanos would fight, they'd probably team up if anything

He was brought up again in Endgame, Tony said he wanted a suit of armour around the world, so he still Ultron

Possibly. But Thanos might rapidly lose patience with Ultron's sheer lack of emotional consistency and shifting goals.

>"You're a broken machine Ultron. Broken machines are usually dismantled."

>decide to rewatch AOU
>get to the part less than 10 minutes in where Wanda force pushes Steve down the stairs while he's talking to Strucker
>then she does a jerky fast-motion backwards walk through a doorway
What the fuck was that about, Whedon? That's like something out of a cheap horror movie and has nothing to do with her powers.

I can see Ultron bending the knee to Thanos once Thanos acknowledges how like minded they are. Maybe let him run things after the Decimation as he enslaves all sentinent life to survive post Decimation

>Strucker

What a MASSIVE waste of a villain and actor.

She also could show people their fears like scarecrow, she never does it anymore

Given how he reacted to losing his body in the movie, I don't think he'd be very chill about handing the Mind Stone over to Thanos. If anything I think he'd just want all of the stones himself to keep upgrading himself with them.

I actually liked that and wish they had kept those creepy vibes rather than just turning her into a glorified telekinetic in future films.

I'm kind of hoping he shows up in the final Ant-Man movie.

I wonder how Ultron would react to seeing actual magic.

How did they end up with such a bad Final Ultron design when they had so much good concept art to choose from?

Attached: IMG_2654.jpg (960x861, 122K)

I'll give you this: the final scene with Vision is one of the best MCU moments

Worst part is that even Ultron's side drones looked fucking killer with the red light and the shiny mouths. A properly done Ultron would have been breathtaking.

>We'll never get an Ultron that maims millions by hacking into cellphones and forcing the batteries to overload and pop

God winding up was him foreshadowing Thanos

I know that. But we never know what Ultron was gonna do about it. He implies he's going to try to push humanity to improve, but we dunno what he's gonna do to affect that. It's all really, really vague. The only concrete thing we get out of that scene is Wanda's vision of the landmass crashing into Earth, so when he tries to do that to destroy the planet, it's pretty easy to assume that that was his plan the whole time.

He's getting used to the idea so that after he kills the Avengers and wipes out most of the population, his vibranium body can be interpreted as the second coming.

I thought it was "drop asteroid, kill off the weak, the strong evolve"

I take it that his original plan included the pseudo meteor, but after the Avengers stole his perfect body and his friends he just went "Fuck you guys,, I'll be dropping it higher then".

It's never really spelled out so all we can do is make our own interpretations. Personally I think his line that humanity will have "plenty of chances to evolve" and if they don't then "boom" kinda implies that the meteor thing was always his back up plan if his first one failed. He was trying to persuade himself that he was good but inside he wanted to kill everybody and just used the Avengers actions as an excuse to do it.