Now that they are all dead, which years-of-build-up end of saga villain went out the best?

Now that they are all dead, which years-of-build-up end of saga villain went out the best?

Attached: 2019supahvillains.jpg (624x1190, 151K)

Thanos by default

Thanos

The frost giants had years of buildup? Weren't they only in like one film?

Thanos

Thanos got to go twice.

I don't know who the bottom two are, so Thanos.

Either old man Xe or Thanos.

Former had a big battle, history, backstory explained, desires explained, and went out with understanding after all that stuff and put a pin in all he's done.

Thanos won, retired, and enjoyed it for as long as he could until someone took revenge. Thanos at the end of the battle was kind of disappointing with how mustache twirly he became, but there's no denying that the actual Thanos we've been following went out on a high note when he was at his lowest.

Thing to remember is the Thanos we've been following died at the start, he's done. He won and then went off to retire and left the heroes hopeless unless a literal miracle comes out of nowhere like it did, that's as hard a win as you got. Xehonort was just a big bad and Night King would have won if the writers weren't fucking stupid. I mean legit they went "Uhhh and the Night King just holds her WITHOUT HIS STEEL FREEZING, and... uh... stands there!" What bullshit.

Thanos.
The Night King had no personality, or background apart from being the king of the dead.

The Night King isn't over.

Thanos.

Night King was more of a calamity than a person.

HAHA, THIS GUY IS PRETENDING HE DOESN'T KNOW... LE OLD REDDIT SWITCHEROO

Xehanort because fighting Scala Al Calum was amazing

How do you know

Like a hurricane falling down the stairs.

Thanos, easily. Night King went out like a bitch while also contradicting the main theme of Game of Thrones, and Xehanort had a horrible switcheroo at the end that tried to make him sympathetic, thus undermining almost everything about him. Really lame boss fight from MX too.

I keep seeing people say Thanos became less complex in Endgame and I honestly kind of thought the opposite
He was less sympathetic but he was way more complex with how we see him from the perspective of the people he hurt and abused (primarily Nebula)
Thanos in Infinity War was mostly from his own perspective and emphasized his sympathetic qualities: his trauma and his altruism. But even then, he had these darker qualities in his ego and his cruelty and violent need for validation. We see these traits diminished in the beginning of Endgame since he’s won, but they’re accentuated in the Past 2014 since he now sees that the people he thought he was helping have rejected his help and so he’s forcing an even more extreme version of his vision on them.
His darker qualities are brought forth now that we’re seeing that the grandiose way he sees himself makes him cruel to everyone since he’s always been selfish in his desire to satisfy his own self image

I AM IRON MAN was the most satisfying kill, Thanos also had the most character development.

Night's king from Game of Thrones and Xehanort fro Kingdom hearts.

nobody said xehanort did nothing wrong it was just trying to explain what he actually wanted which was to remake the world in his image.

Avengers endgame wouldn't have happened if a rat didn't step in the controls of the van.

xehanort got beat up 5 times and then after a drag out fight you use the power of friendship to defeat him and he fucks off to gay heaven

Night King was not the end of saga bad guy though. That's Cersei or maybe Dani if they decide to make her go batshit

>pretending
I wasn't actually. I realized my mistake after the post. Game of Thrones isn't my thing.

I don't know who the middle one is but at least thanos didnt fuck off to gay keyblade heaven

LE REDDIT ARMY IS HERE DAE BACON!?

Because it'd be some awful writing if they just rushed the conclusion of a major antagonist built up the entire series in a single episode/night and with no strong interaction with either of the two characters he had a more personal conflict with.

the rest of the series is awful writing so...

Have you not been watching the show? Martin might have had a larger plan for them, but the show runners turned the series to garbage without his books to fall back on. They had no plan aside from, "Fight a war against zombies, heroes win."

Unironically Xehanort.

xehanort required like 5 miracles in a row to beat
1.reversing time after they died
2.lingering will
3. khux
4.yensid
5.roxas

I think the problem is that the real stuff about the Others in the books was to important to have in the show so Martin did not let them use it so they had to invent this stuff. I mean in the books the Night King is just a Lord Commander who turned traitor and married an Other. He was not their boss they existed long before him.

Nope, that's the Night's King, confirmed to be a different character from the person they made up for the show.

The show runners wanted a singular figurehead, for the exact reason we saw last week

Purple Man

Attached: Thanos Gets Snapped.gif (600x338, 1.87M)

What must if have felt like for a guy like Thanos to have failed?

Like this:

Attached: the weak should fear the strong tony.jpg (607x608, 150K)

I've probably been on /d/ longer than you've known Yea Forums existed.

Attached: ❤worm.png (249x309, 65K)

Based Remy

I don't know any other reddit memes to use to make fun of you. Enjoy your dickgirls, reddit

Ironic coming from Yea Forums.

I'm sure you thought this was a zing. Did you Google it?

Narrative-wise it's probably Xehanort. People who don't know the games better will say he randomly changed his plan at the end but it's still the basic principle of creating a new world from scratch. He also died with dignity which people HATE nowadays because it means "the bad guy won" so he gets extra points for that.

Then it's Thanos, who while dying as his past self was still pretty satisfying. I just wish he was more involved with the MCU instead of using proxies up until Infinity War.

No idea how NK works so he's in last by default.

Xehanort "years of build up" were product of KH3 being delayed for a decade and a half. Not comparable with the other two.

If you think about, Thanos's plans were thwarted by a literal rat.

>and make every female character totally badass and the men near useless

Thanos 1 > Xehanort > Thanos 2 >>>> powergap >>>>>>>>> Night King

Attached: 1376909024836.jpg (375x475, 30K)

>All that heinous shit I did and laughed about?
>I was actually a misguided good guy the whole time!
Fuck Xehanort

He wanted to rule over everything in the new world, so no not good.

no idea who are the last two

Night King's death felt like a homage to Lord of the Rings. That being said, I don't think Night King is finished yet.

Nah son he ain't permanently dead. He was beaten before during the first Long Night. It's a cycle now

apperently someone said something about the white walkers aren't done yet and now i believe the theory night king is bran

anyway
>treating the show as a canon ending
lmao

I thought they just said that because one of the spin offs is confirmed to be about the Long Night.

well that makes much more sense.

>apperently someone said something about the white walkers
No one said that
They're 100% gone and not coming back, Cersei is the final villain
and
>treating the show as a canon ending
it IS canon for the show, obviously
Game of Thrones ending will be canon to Game of Thrones
A Song of Fire and Ice ending will be canon to A Song of Fire and Ice

>the books will be finished
lmao

Why? They have all these other eras to do GoT politics and shit with, which is what people got into the show for.

One thing I noticed, that line from Infinity War that didn't make it into the movie mirrors a line that does make it to Endgame.
>Fun isn't something one considers when balancing the universe, but this. Does put a smile on my face.
>It's never been personal. But what I'm about to do to your planet...I'm going to enjoy it. Very, very much.

Kinda stuck out to me. He's always been a cruel asshole that likes fucking people up more than he wants to admit, it just came out more in Endgame.

>I'm not REDDIT and to prove I'm gonna attack you for using a Yea Forums board.

>Cersei is the final villain
She's going to kamikaze and will blow up most of the characters.

One female character does something badass
One male character breaks down and freaks out

Both of those things were established for seasons beforehand. With Arya's training and the Hound's fear of fire.

But cool, men are totally under attack. yaas queen

Probably like Gurren Lagann. "Well, if it's gotta be this way, make sure that you don't fuck everything up."

I actually wouldn't have minded a moment like that. One last exchange between Thanos and Tony or Cap or something.

Thanos by default. Night King was fucking nothing while Xehanort was an awful villain in every way.

Xeanhort and it's not even close. As soon as you hit Keyblade Graveyard everything turns into a Grade A masterpiece. KH3 was disappointing in a lot of ways but the fact that it gave EVERYONE a moment to stand out and be super cool in the final act of the game really stood out. Xeanhort by himself is kind of a little bitch but if we count Xemnas, Young Xeanort and Ansem as well then he's an incredible villain and gets an incredible sendoff in the climax of his game.

God damn KH3 knew how to do fanservice.

CHI-BLADE!

BOO-RAY

Muh Balance vs ... vs KEYBLADE!

I honestly thought the Hound was over it, but I don't really care about that.
My issue is more the absolutely retarded tactics, and generally there being no real confrontation between Bran or Jon and the Ice King the guy's with actual conflict with him. Arya's arc pertains to the normie shit, it'd be like Bran warging the Moutain or something to kill Cersei. Yeah I guess that's established but there's more fitting characters that could've done it Arya being one of them. Also the confrontation with the Night King should've been the finale, Cersei is tiny potatoes and honestly at this point a shit tier villain they had to convolute the plot for to make a reasonable threat.

That's bad writing, not bad characterization; after all... they won no matter how shitty their plans were.

Yes, it is.
Also no their tactics failed spectacularly and they won by Arya unlocking instant transmission in the final scene. Otherwise the Ice King was literally about to deliver his killing stroke while Jon was picking a fight with an unkillable Dragon. I wonder how many casualties they have and what they're going to limp down to King's Landing with.

Not Xehanort. His younger Heartless and Nobody versions had a more meaningful exit than he did.

So with the shit king out of the way, what's stopping Arya from doing faceless man shit, bypassing the war altogether, and just killing Cersei in private? She's literally untrackable and untraceable.

Attached: Shock.gif (100x100, 55K)

Thanos, KH3 in general felt like it was in a hurry to wrap up the Xehanort arc to get to the next shiny thing that caught Nomura's attention during brainstorming sessions after building up the climax for so long and GoT's Night King was a wet fart that didn't even need as many soldiers as John was trying to get.

Distance, then plot contrivance. Also I guess Cersei has gone crazy enough that her inner circle is just a bunch of 7 ft tall zombies and Ancient Mengle.

>Distance
lmao as if this has ever been a problem in game of thrones where CIA teleported everywhere and Theon went from being on a ship to being in winterfell in the span of a single episode.

Attached: mikabonk2.gif (100x100, 24K)

Thanos > Xehanigga >>>> Night Jobber >>>> Steppenwolf lmao

KEYBLADE

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 34K)

KI BLADE

I unironically don't know who the last guy is.

Because the witch's prophecy already said who is going to kill Cersei, and it's not Arya.

As if prophecies matter in game of thrones.

KH is for underage weeaboo faggots. Thanos is the pretty clear answer.

>implying D&D gives a shit about that

Ramsey was more of a threat to the world than Night king ever was. 8 seasons of buildup to job in one episode.

Attached: double (you).gif (480x270, 909K)

Night King have the lamest death just like Snoke in Last Jedi.

>Night King have the lamest death just like Snoke in Last Jedi.
>Snoke
>he doesn't know

the fear is Arya is gonna steal Jaime's face and kill her

or they'll recon Valonqar to be genderless and just younger sibling

What, is it because his death is worse.

No idea who the third one is supposed to be

I think a lot of people are going to trash Xehanort's end. My only complaint is that there wasn't enough of him at all in KH3. The first time we see him is at the Keyblade Graveyard.

Comics speaking, Joker or Doom

OK I BELIEVE YOU

GEE THANOS MOM LETS YOU HAVE TWO DEATHS?

Problem with KH3's pacing in general. The real problem with the plot taking so long to get going is Sora DIDN'T need the Power of Waking to go into the Dark Realm and save Aqua. He had it still and used it to wake Ven up later after Ven clued him in. I really liked the Disney worlds in this game and thankfully they actually brought the Org into them to spice things up but the plot really should have started with saving Aqua and going from there.

There was also a prophecy about who would end the white walkers, and it certainly didn't describe Arya.

They probably cut his role down because both of his VAs died and Nimoy in particular was kind of irreplaceable.

Not only are prophecies proven to be bogus, but the part about who kills Cersei wasn't even in the show to begin with. Only the part about her children was.

You forgot one.

I can't believe all these nerd sagas ended within a couple of months from eachother. Not sure what to do with my life now

Attached: le.png (624x1590, 822K)

I mean, I still haven't played KH3 but if they do try to play Xehanort as more sympathetic it definitely didn't come out of nowhere. His whole thing before was emphasis specifically on a balance of light and dark which is very easy to spin in a positive way versus extreme light or extreme darkness.

Do you know how lame it is that fucking Cersei is the endboss?

That's probably because you are underage and his franchise was most popular before your time.

The only sympathetic angle they give him is He realizes his plan was a bust, he willingly gives up the X-Blade to Sora and goes to the Final World/Heaven with Eraqus (whose Heart was residing inside Terra). Both of them revert to their teenage forms (probably as a metaphor) and they leave peacefully. People probably wanted a dark ending for him even though Sora fucking killed the guy and got revenge for him killing Kairi

They don't portray him as sympathetic. Autists just think so because they read "accepts his defeat with dignity" as "gets redeemed".

Honestly, I think that Bran is the end boss. Or Night King is somehow still alive.

Cersei has always been the main villain of the story.

The ending is actually similar to SU's in that way. People see characters acting peacefully or in an altruistic manner and think everything's forgiven and all problems are solved.

Yea Forums is a super secret club shhhhh

The irony here is I'd think younger people would be more familiar with Xehanort considering he wasn't a part of the first 2 PS2 games.

That's a retarded comparison, the villains in SU all legitimately turned a new leaf and became good, which is nothing like what happened with Xehanort. You sound like someone very young who hasn't experienced a lot of different stories.

Cersei being endgame is worth it if we get surprise Young Griff

Nonsense, she was the starter boss. A midboss at best.

Voldemort definitely

>Thanos
The compelling version of him that made a horrible sacrifice dies early on
>You're supposed to care about 2014 Thanos who is just some asshole with a warglave and an army

>Nightking
>Some mute ancient evil who apes the Lich King with none of the character
get fucking poked and explodes by a twat with weird eyebrows

>Xehanort
>Time-traveling, reincarnating, body swapping, duplicate creating asshole with a plan so idiotic it is best to just say
He like Thanos believed in balance and to do that wanted to use kingdom hearts to reset everything Like 2014 Thanos wanted to do with the infinity gauntlet and went about it in a really really dumb way.
>First played by Leonard Nimoy and then by Rutger Hauer
>Beat by the power of friendship, mamoru, all that jazz
Also like 2014 Thanos managed to still fuck-over the main character

Going to have to go with the crazed Grey Jedi.

Attached: 77fc97f290cab5d7826b04091f5c9a3a.png (812x1000, 723K)

I'm just saying what I've heard, I didn't come up with that comparison.

He clearly looks like Ansem though. Someone who only played the first games would be able to infer what franchise he's from.

Then why the fuck are you posting it? You need to leave Yea Forums and come back when you're older.

Attached: tumblr_mgnlfsSy4T1qbqhhuo1_500.gif (500x700, 570K)

I don't think he "clearly" looks like ansem. We only know now in hindsight what the signs of xehanort posession looks like, but I don't think the connection would be made like that without knowing what we know now.

Ehh, you went out just fine.

She slowly rose to power over the course of the story like any good final boss. The night king was just one of those late game bosses that come out of nowhere and fuck you up really hard for a while but then are immediately forgotten once defeated.

Lord English unironically got a better final fight and death than all the schmucks in the OP. It took thousands of magic children just to drag him into a black hole.

Attached: 29381038901832109312.gif (737x721, 55K)

He's wearing the same clothes though and the art style is also a giveaway.

Too bad most of it only happened in text form and his actual death was entirely offscreen. Still better than the Night King though.

I don't think people would remember exactly what Ansem dressed like off the top of their head man. Taken all together its just kind of a generic outfit.

>it wasn't a pretty picture so it didn't count

There were still years of buildup with Birth by Sleep and Dream Drop Distance.

Night King didn't really come out of nowhere. He was hinted at early on in the series, although we didn't see him until the 4th season.

>the boss that was in the prologue isn't endboss material

Also, you make her sound like Bronn. Cersei has been Queen since season one. The fact that the showrunners kept keeping her at the top for plot reasons doesn't make her endboss material.

The excessive belts are the giveaway.

Nort literally got away with his crimes. He got to join his BFF in the after life.

She was queen from the start but had very little actual power. Her de facto power had been slowly rising season by season until her big takeover.

That's every tetsuya nomura design. The man is a genius.

Attached: Msl-gandrake.jpg (700x1100, 126K)

He died and he won't keep his body or his form when he's in the final world. He's just going to exist as a star OR just fade into nothingness.

Final World is just for people that still had regrets or something tying them to The World. It's basically purgatory/limbo. He seemed pretty content at the end, resigned to his fate, so he's off to whatever proper afterlife is post-final world. Presumably some kind of heaven.

Has any other show gone from being so good to so shit as extremely as Game of Thrones has? It went from a 10/10 to a fucking 2/10.

According to twitter you are a sexist for thinking this.

Source material ran out. Actual writers were brainlets, It happens.

And all of them got BTFO by Vergil's return.

Attached: vergil.jpg (1280x720, 107K)

at least is pretty

Attached: FF205BEA-5B54-42E4-A8F1-6BE9A8A5E213.png (640x366, 434K)

This is how the average NPC thinks
>IT HAD GOOD GRAPHICS AND BIG FIGHT
>IQ TOO LOW TO NOTICE EVERYONE ACTING OUT OF CHARACTER, PLOT'S BEING POORLY WRITTEN AND PADDED, PLOT HOLES AND INCONSISTENCIES

Can't fuck with the Quantum Ranger.

It's pure normie garbage now, and it was still pretty normie tier back when it wasn't totally retarded.

First season wasn't. It didn't have a single bit of action until like the 8th episode and had too many different characters for the average 80 digit IQ retard wouldn't be able to keep track of.

Now that I think about it, Endgame is pretty much what KH3 should have been like
>huge cast of characters yet a lot of them get great fanservice
Somehow Scarlet Witch gets more love than Roxas

>80 digit IQ

Roxas and Scarlet kind of had the same amount of love though.

Both drop in from the sky and kick the fuck out of the villain they're opposing. Hell, Roxas even gets all his friends back which Scar didn't.

>at least it's pretty
>THIS IS HOW AVERAGE NPCS THINK
You can think it's pretty AND shittily written, you do realize.

Snoke

When the entire rest of the story is in pretty pictures except for the rushed shitty epilogue ending that's not even written by the main author of the entire rest of the story yeah I'd say it doesn't count.

It's funny when people who talk about IQ are obviously below the median themselves, as evidenced by their grade school level grammar mistakes and vocabulary.

Might want to look for a different brand of insult instead of throwing rocks in a glass house.

>it'd be some awful writing
oh, they would never do that now, wouldn't they?

It gave everyone like 3 minutes after a decade worth of build up, it was hot, rushed garbage. Like Nomura was going down a checklist. They spent more time on not-Versus than they did on the Sea Salt reunion

>What the fuck, Urizen was Vergil?!
>wtf, V was Vergil?
>wtf, Griffon was Vergil...?
>Shadow too?
>Also Nightmare?

Top tier writing, Bingo.

Attached: gee.gif (473x235, 128K)

Objectively correct ranking

>Thanos 1 gets a cool boss fight and fucking wins then dies
>Xehanort gets a cool boss fight and loses but still acts like he wins then dies
>Thanos 2 gets a cool boss fight and loses then dies
>Night King gets a QTE, dies, isn't even the final boss

NK a loser

Vergil isn't a villain. He's just a dumbass who created a bunch of problems for himself, his son and his brother.