Fuck Indieshits

>pick up pic related for free book day
>several pages of heavy dialogue
>it's in Spanish
>The other parts of the book are in English
For what purpose? I'm learning moon, not tortilla, let me read the god damn book!

Attached: Berrier.jpg (960x581, 409K)

Read something else then...?

I wanted to read this, not something else

Porque el espaƱol es el idioma de Dios, hijo de puta.

>pick up comic book
>art style reeks of tumblr
>meh maybe it's good
>start reading
>it's LGBT shit
>dropped

As long as it's properly hand drawn, I'll read nearly anything. I'm a glutton for art

Attached: buses.png (405x587, 242K)

>art style reeks of tumblr
That's how they let you know beforehand, user. Like a trigger warning for tumblrina content. That one is on you.

Why do people insist on reading shit that clearly isn't made for them, and then bitch that it isn't made for them? The world doesn't revolve around you retard

Attached: 1555898343522.png (284x298, 73K)

Barrier is really good. Half the point is presenting the language barrier as is, without subtitles. And it totally works because comics are a visual medium and dialogue is often unnecessary.

Read the art, genius.

Because the comic doesn't advertise itself as LGBT shit. If it did I would avoid it. I pick up a story about something else entirely and I'm interested in that.. So I read it. I see some hint at something LGBT and I'm like OK let's just keep reading the story. Then it just shits the bed and goes full retard.
Now I have learned to avoid anything with an art style that even looks remotely tumblr and I drop stuff as soon as anything vaguely SJW appears.

>Because the comic doesn't advertise itself as LGBT shit
You literally just said the artstyle "reeks of tumblr"
Might as well look at a beehive, stick your hand in it, and then complain because you got stung.

>"reeks of tumblr"
Artistic expression is not advertisement.

>give away for free
>pretend the espanol was at all needed for the story, is instead a meme indie choice in order to make a comic's whose message would most help some sect of people unreadable by said people.

It said so with its art. You actually CAN read a comic by its cover because comics are a visual medium

a thread died so this fucking loser OP could get 300+ replies for total nonsense

>give away for free
So why bitch at all? You didn't even pay for it.
>meme indie choice
What the fuck does this even mean?

Just to be clear, the art in Barrier is not tumblry at all. It's by Marcos Martin so the lines are really clean and there's not any crosshatching. There's also no lgbt anything. But there is a migrant narrative. As well as livestock mutilation, female nudity, murder, aliens, and lotsa pretty colors.

The pages are landscape instead of portrait orientation and the books were a non-standard size. I bought the slipcase today for my shelf, but I can't remember where I put the actual issues.

You are seriously a dumb fucking asshole. Half of the text in the whole book is in untranslated Spanish. The other half is in English. Most of the book was two characters talking about their surroundings. So half of this entire book is unreadable to either side. Spanish speaking only-s can't read half the book, and English only-s can only read half. It's an artistic choice made for no real reason other than to make it more difficult to read.

Don't worry sweaty, it was a cuck thread anyways

>It said so with its art.
No, it can't.
You can find horror books with toddler art and nobody would realize its horror.

Read something else then.

>It's an artistic choice made for no real reason other than to make it more difficult to read.
What kind of retard doesn't speak more than 2 languages?

The dialogue isn't even important, you mental midget. The language barrier is built into the character interactions, and yes, it's part of the conceit of the whole story. Just read the art and you get it.

Americans, particularly midwestern and southern ones

I don't speak Spanish and I had no problem following along. Found my singles btw. There's the new slipcase at the top.

Attached: ClFKjaxQ-252261577.jpg (1080x1080, 929K)

This is why I said that now I avoid the art style completely. And I didn't mean brown people with vitiligo, even something as vague as pastel colors are a symptom of cancer at this point

Since we're talking about BKV books, I wanna point out that Paper Girls, even though it's about teenage girls and has a very 80's neons & hot pink color scheme it's also a pretty good book and it's not totally up it's ass about empowerment or socjus. This tomboy girl calls another kid a faggot in the first issue.

Because liberals are trying to fill the country with illegals in an effort to slowly destroy Western Culture, including eliminating the English language

It's an indie comic. Calm you tits