Why does the Free Willy animated series have a cyborg in it?

Why does the Free Willy animated series have a cyborg in it?

Attached: wut.png (640x480, 253K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=HT3cl4GJIDs
youtube.com/watch?v=xUlEamQJ-1g
youtube.com/watch?v=EobS1sXMUkg
youtu.be/_F-2k_23yaA
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Who else would be powerful enough to oppress Willy?

Part of robotnick's plan to kill off all animals.

Attached: 1315510825249.jpg (448x468, 60K)

There was a Free Willy animated series?

there was like 4 movies about freeing that damn Orca, so it spawned an animated series.

Yes. There was a trend in the late 80’s to early 90’s of making cartoons out of films.

-Police Academy
-Beethoven
-BettleJuice
-Free Willy
-Robocop

remember kid friendly Conan?

have you ever tried to kill a whale bare handed?

Because it's fucking awesome goodness gracious

Yes, it was awesome, and?

youtube.com/watch?v=HT3cl4GJIDs

And a Rambo animated series.

Maybe he meant the other Conan cartoon, where he's babysitting three "Chosen Ones."

>Why does the Free Willy animated series have a cyborg in it?

According to his origin, he fell off a submarine and got sucked into the propeller and it chopped him to pieces. Now he's a cyborg that causes oil spills to get revenge on water.

Also, the girl seal wanted to fuck the human boy in one episode.

Sounds retarded.

Surprised he managed to survive that, that really shouldn't cause him to hate the ocean, it's pointless. He should be great full that he's even alive.

How many of the killer whales that were in the movies did they set free afterwards?

They actually did in fact set the main orca free after filming was finished so there's that.

Didn't realize this was even a thing. Is it any good?

This, but in a good way.

>I am Locutus of Borg

How shortly after he was freed did he die, since he was unprepared to fend for himself in the wild?

They only had one live orca in the movies. The rest were animatronics, aside from the last movie which apparently had CGI orcas.

Your post just made me realize it's more than 15 years since Keiko died, and a lot of anons who are old enough to post today don't have memories of the controversies around that orca.

The Man From Atlantis comic did it as a modern Ahab thing. Maybe this is the same idea?

Not really.

About a 1/3 of its episodes are lost media, though, so who knows, maybe those are hidden gems.

He blamed Willy, who he was trying to poach, for the accident, even though it was his fault.

Guy was like a combination of Black Manta and Looten Plunder.

Cyborgs were to the 90's what ninjas were to the 80's.

>Also, the girl seal wanted to fuck the human boy in one episode.
I’m intrigued

It was a 90's thing, you wouldn't understand.

Attached: 513_vlcsnap-36122.jpg (360x199, 54K)

Micheal Jackson wrote the theme

The Mask
Ace Ventura
Bill & Ted
Dumb & Dumber

Back to the Future
Toxic Avenger/Toxic Crusaders
Attack of the Killer Tomatoes

Can't believe they actually made a toxic avenger cartoon even though how brutal they were.

Eh, she just has a crush on him and the dolphin tells her "lol no way fag" and the human boy never even finds out that she was into him.

There was also a Highlander one.

They kept the decapitations, but they were always off-screen.

Ace Ventura: Pet Detective
Alienators: Evolution Continues
Attack of the Killer Tomatoes
Back to the Future
Beethoven
Beetlejuice
Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventures
Black Dynamite
Clerks: The Animated Series
Doctor Dolittle
Dorothy and the Wizard of Oz
Dumb and Dumber
Extreme Ghostbusters
Fantastic Voyage
Fast & Furious
Free Willy
Friday: The Animated Series
Godzilla
Godzilla: The Series
James Bond Jr.
Journey to the Center of the Earth
Jumanji
The Karate Kid
The King Kong Show
Kong: The Animated Series
Lego Star Wars: Droid Tales
Lego Star Wars: The Freemaker Adventures
Lego Star Wars: The Resistance Rises
The Little Rascals
Little Shop
The Mask: Animated Series
Men in Black: The Series
Mighty Ducks
Mortal Kombat: Defenders of the Realm
The Mummy
Napoleon Dynamite
The Neverending Story
Police Academy
Problem Child
Rambo: The Force of Freedom
The Real Ghostbusters
Return to the Planet of the Apes
RoboCop: Alpha Commando
RoboCop: The Animated Series
Roughnecks: Starship Troopers Chronicles
Spaceballs: The Animated Series
Spy Kids: Mission Critical
Star Wars: Clone Wars
Star Wars Detours
Star Wars: Droids
Star Wars: Ewoks
Star Wars Rebels
Star Wars Resistance
Star Wars: The Clone Wars
Stargate Infinity
Street Fighter
Stuart Little: The Animated Series
Teen Wolf
Toxic Crusaders
Tron: Uprising
The Wizard of Oz
Zoolander: Super Model

Is that robot John Luc Picard?

I do remember keiko and I may have been a little young at the time, but I do remember he used to live in a small ass pook in an amusement park.
I also kinda remember that he kept trying to come back even after they set him free.
t.Mexicano who saw him live at a show.

It would be better if he instead wanted revenge on propellers

>get revenge on water
because FUCK YOU WATER

>the annoying bird
>an offhand line in the sequel series implies Conan eventually got sick of him and ate him

Throw in Aliens and Rambo to that list, even though the Aliens cartoon never went into full production.

Both water and propellers have it coming.

I’m not seeing Chuck Norris: Karate Kommandos on that list.

Attached: 8087265B-D0A4-476F-93C9-E7C336540F4D.gif (500x281, 815K)

The had two ways to 'defeat' an immortal in the cartoon
1.- Beheading(off-screen ofc)
2.- Passing their knowledge by doing a ceremonial shit, destroying the immortal's sword representing him/her losing his/her immortality
the OP and ED were kino
youtube.com/watch?v=xUlEamQJ-1g
youtube.com/watch?v=EobS1sXMUkg

It's not directly based on any one film.

More of a celeb cartoon, like that Mary Kate and Ashley one where they were super spies.

There was also the Evolution cartoon. And ghost busters, men in black, godzilla...

Another mexican that got to see Keiko at Reino Aventura before it became sixflags.

Rip keiko

This is my first reaction hearing that the villains of a Free Willy cartoon is a god damn Cyborg and his army of Sludge Monsters:
youtu.be/_F-2k_23yaA

Probably the same reason why various R-rated film franchises had children's cartoon series in the 90s.
Because why the fuck not (and also possibly toys)

It was almost always toys, really.

So you hate fun? If it was a Japanese whaling boat captain or a cruel aquarium owner that would be more entertaining to watch?

Sweet, sweet delicious toy money.

men in black cartoon was amazing, the 3rd movie plot was made in the cartoon way better

As usual, the Chad Pokeman Creatures trump the Virgin Water.

>Get revenge on water
Black Manta team up when?

I'm not against fun, I'm just saying I wouldn't add Cyborgs and Sludge Creatures to something that supposed to be realistic as "Free Willy"

Mighty Ducks and Toxic Crusaders are probably the only shows that beat Free Willy in terms of weirdness.

Jesse can talk to animals, the villain is Black Manta mixed with a Captain Planet baddie with slime monster minions, and there was a multi-parter where they discovered what was basically the Garden of Eden or some shit hidden beneath the Arctic and everyone who entered it became immortal so long as they stayed in it.

He should've teamed with Mayor Adam West to get revenge on the ocean.

Didn't even know that was Leslie Nielson as a kid.

>Mighty Ducks and Toxic Crusaders are probably the only shows that beat Free Willy in terms of weirdness.

While I agree to that, but also know that the Toxic Crusaders was already based off a superhero show, and the Mighty Ducks cartoon wasn't based off the movie, it was based of the mascot of the NHL League of the same name, this is trying to be a direct representation of Free Willy, and I'm not against fantasy and having fun, but when I think of a TV Show based off Free Willy, I think of it as the same way as a modern day Flipper, not have the villain be a Cyborg like he's straight out of Captain Planet, but I will say it is creative how they can take a concept as Free Willy and make it into so much of a fantasy while keeping the calm and relaxing tone and nature from the movies