Can absorb the power of anything he touches

>can absorb the power of anything he touches
>this includes objects, energy and even animated beeings
>can even absorb magic and superhuman properties, including the powers of the mijolnir an cyclops optical blasts
>nothing but a goon and a jobber since the 70's

How can such a cool concept of a power be wasted on a character no one wants to explore?

Attached: Carl_Creel_(Earth-616)_from_Official_Handbook_of_the_Marvel_Universe_Vol_1_1_0002.jpg (244x450, 35K)

I like Absorbing Man. The problem, like nearly everything in this business, is marketing. The man's design is unfortunately very simplistic. Mix that with being a Thor/Hulk villain and it's not easy for a large fanbase.

he was recently used well in Black Bolt and Immortal Hulk

>used well
>Immortal Hulk

He was just fucked in a sec by the one below all

Because his core character is everyday blue collar criminal. Doesn't leave much room for cool evil exploits like Doom and nobody wants to self insert as the unlovable idiot.

Powerwise, it goes against his character to get too creative with his abilities. Almost every cool thing he has done with them has been at the direction of others or an accident in the middle of battle. Hell I think people exploit him more often than not like the time he became coke.

So is he truly a Thor villain or Hulk villain? I know bad guys in Marvel right different heroes a lot but wondering which hero he’s ultimately associated with.

He fights Avengers on occasion too. But normally he is used as a random throwaway thug for the bigger guys like Thor or Wonder Man to brawl with and nothing else. He never has schemes or major plans outside of rob someone and fight guys.

Recently he could not do a damn thing about Thing and gave up.

Can he absorb the female orgasm

Not that user but he was used well. Endearing characterization.

I think he's kinda like Kingpin, who started out as Spider-Man villain but ended up with Daredevil.

I don't remember the specifics, but in Earth X he was dangerous enough to warrant keeping his petrified body parts permanently scattered across the globe.

Thanks kind user. Sad in a way though. It always felt a bit bad that the main Avengers members and especially the solo book-leading ones had oddly few villains specifically as ‘theirs’ that didn’t just become jokes or fight-anyone bad guys.

he can absorb the "tallness" of a building and become a giant, so yes I guess

He tried to absorb Ultron's adamantium but absorbed his intelligence instead and became a massive threat.

Loki ended up using that new knowledge to make he face some logic and save the earth... x.

Because he's not very intellegent man with limited imagination. And this is actually ok desu.

Just a simple guy. He wants to rob banks, not take over the world, so he puts in enough thought for that.

Because it's too easy to get arrested. Distorts society until there isn't any society amongst the desperate scattered remnants of third world country fugitives hiding behind nothing but their own ignorance.

Jason Statham's perfect for the role though. Wrecking Crew.

shitty design
shitty motivation and backstory
opposes boring superheroes nobody cares about

Welcome to post 90s Marvel, where for some reason heroes only fight heroes and villains that were major threats are suddenly chumps.

That line of thinking effectively killed off Marvel’s storytelling potential. No matter how zany the villain, you always had a plethora of major threats to use for stories. Now it’s “Hurr so dumb right guys” with everyone who’s not Doom, Thanos, or Goblin.

Hell, in the Silver Age Plant Man managed to hold off Namor and Trident in their habitat and almost wipe out London. The key was that the villains still had the potential to do some damage, unlike now.

I just can't take this guy seriously because here in Brazil his name is "Homem Absorvente". Which, while an accurate translation, can also be read as "menstrual pad man"

Case in point, Scorpion.
I am really mad about that one.

The fuck are you talking about, none of this makes sense, at all

>70s

Creep was still a tough son of a bitch then, he just wasn’t a big mastermind. He managed to floor the Avengers just to go see Titania.

>he just wasn’t a big mastermind
That's probably a problem. I have a feeling this is the only type of a threatening villain writers can do these days. Anyone else becomes a joke. Just look at how Two-Face is treated these days.

Very good example. They even tried to put him back on top, but then Millar fucked him over again.

Either you currently write for Marvel or you never read a pre-90s comic.

Attached: 68D7BB55-4965-49BF-A129-78D63A2684B1.jpg (640x977, 115K)

>Now it’s “Hurr so dumb right guys” with everyone who’s not Doom, Thanos, or Goblin.
This statement just plain isn't true

Ok then, add Red Skull and Magneto.

He's right to an extent.
>Lol this hero is lame XD
>lol this villain is lame XD
are stupid jokes made by modern writers that end up ruining a fucking character forever.

He a dc villan now?

Peter can now punch the jaws off of all of his enemies.

“Peter holding back on his unpowered enemies” isn’t the same as being fucking Goku to the point where no one is a threat.

Desu that one scene where Daredevil tricks absorbing man into turning into wood and then setting creel on fire was legitimately metal.

I fucking hate that scene.
If Slott actually read comics besides his own he'd know it doesn't work that way. Peter doesn't hold back against Scorpion since his very appearance because SURPRISE Scorpion too has superhuman durability and Peter paid the price for holding back in his very first encounter.

Yeah, I'd like too se a villain who could impose a threat to major gorups wihout needing to have a master plan or god like powers

Exactly. Pete has fucked up his hand hitting guys like Mac and Rhino before.

Ate hoje eu não entendo como que os tradutores não viram que esse nome é ridículo e mudaram pra "Absorvedor" ou alguma coisa desse tipo

Yea this actually annoys me how Marvel since 2006 or so only likes hero vs hero fights and almost all major events are about heroes fighting heroes. Villains are only there for the first few pages to set up a threat or bring two heroes together in the same room so they can fight. Then they get to work making fun of how stupid and useless the villain is for a while.

Scorpion, Electro, the entire Sinister Syndicate, Lizard, they are all considered useless losers in pajamas playing bad guy.

Pretty sure he also forgot that Scorpion also has pretty much the same powers as Peter, and is a bit stronger than him too. Everyone now seems to think he just had a suit that made him worth a shit and once the suit is off he is a normal human.

Attached: venom-2.jpg (620x960, 744K)

Why would you give a nuanced, complex character a get out of jail free card?

I wish Marvel would start pushing him and Titania more.

I feel like there's potential in a happily married supervillain duo trying to go straight.

He's an idiot. That's part of his charm. He could probably take over the world if he had two brain cells to rub together.

in his early days he did beat hulk a few times by draining his gamma energy
but he was mostly a thor bad guy before getting turned into a random goon and jobber

Vamo dá um derailzinho nesse thread ? Vamo fazer uma baguncinha ?

Attached: 1556739958355.png (352x568, 263K)

I think Peter David was looking to do something with him in that 2099 reboot but it went nowhere after the first few issues.

As far as absorbing Man goes, I still enjoy that fight he has with Daredevil. With a decent enough budget it could have been done in an episode of one of Marvel's tv shows.