Do you guys think Cebulski will deliver?

Do you guys think Cebulski will deliver?

I wonder what his comic idea is.

Attached: cebulskimarvel.png (602x356, 31K)

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/CBCebulski/status/1124405373450977283
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Pokemon. Anything else and it'll fail.
Star Wars #1 sold on the false promise that SW would be good again without George.

Captain Marvel x Spider-Woman marriage special.

It's pretty clearly Star Wars x avengers a la Rebirth. Or like Conan, xmen/avengers/guardians, Star Wars, Rom/Hasbroshit, NFL superpro "its all canon" type thing a la rebirth mixed with metal.

That or Jason Aaron and Scott snyder (and cates and zdarsky or whatever other meme writers) on an avengers/justice league cross over.

Likely the first one because he'd have tagged a DC head if that's was the idea was.

Hmm, I remember Aaron and Snyder talking about how they’d like to do it

>a long time ago in a galaxy far far away
I feel like the Cavengers are meeting the Jedi/Sith

He said its set in the marvel universe.
twitter.com/CBCebulski/status/1124405373450977283

That's why I thought of that but I do think he'd have mentioned a crossover like that rather than name dropping Star Wars. He could have just said a million units, not which book so it felt intentional but could be either.

Then it's:
>It's pretty clearly Star Wars x avengers a la Rebirth. Or like Conan, xmen/avengers/guardians, Star Wars, Rom/Hasbroshit, NFL superpro "its all canon" type thing a la rebirth mixed with metal

Fuck I hope not.

Attached: Kaas.jpg (1500x1259, 123K)

Not going to happen. Marvel has to run most of their SW decisions past the Lucasfilm Story Group who aren't as interested in Marvel's bottom line and at the end of the daymore interested about their own control and voice of the SW franchise.

It's not DC, OMD, or Star wars. It has to be either landing a huge liscence or some kind of MCU synergy.

>landing a huge liscence
But he's said it takes place in Marvel so it has to be some kind of crossover, correct?

I don't think so. It's just a feeling but that seems like cheating. I think he intends whatever it is to be a #1 of an ongoing.

Something is going to be irrevocably ruined, screen cap this.

Attached: Untitled.png (584x147, 15K)

The SW sales have diminished significantly and they don't give a fuck about the fidelity of the universe they dismantled and shit all over

And it's going to sell over seven figures? Whatever he's smoking I want some.

I don't see any Marvel title passing the million mark without it being a full reboot or some sort of crossover with some licensed property or somenthing like that.

Since he said is "firmly set in the Marvel Universe", I don't really know what to expect. Maybe they're bringing some big name to write a title? Or bringing back some long-dead character? (is there anyone else left who wasn't revived yet?)

I don't really know

"THE OMNIPOTENT DOCTOR DOOM" By Hickman.

>anyone else left who wasn't revived yet?
The original Captain Marvel.

Attached: Dci0ik3WsAAmi2B.jpg (590x574, 64K)

My Hero Academia crossover? Cebulski likes that series.

Agreed. It's really baffling but i admire his shooting for the Stars.

One hundred meters ahead take the next left and arrive at your reddit destination.

They say this shit with every event.

Sweet, there's nothing more reddit than praising Marvel for publishing the same story every year.

>some kind of MCU synergy
Cap or Tony getting married.

Show me on the doll where Dr Doom touched you Tommy.

Attached: doom is my hero.png (741x161, 22K)

Bendis ruining characters color me surprised. Although admittedly I thought that run was okay myself.

>Do you guys think Cebulski will deliver?
Why would I? Punisher platoon was greenlit before him and it's the only good comic that's been released under his editorship

>Star Wars #1 sold on the false promise that SW would be good again without George.
Actually it was just the lootcrate deal and the variants, nobody really believed it would be good.

It's a Star Wars & Avengers book

If anything Cebulski is just continuing the worst tendencies of his predecessors such as over reliance on Jason Aaron and his friends.

A crossover would just tarnish the SW brand even more, I don't think they are that stupid.

I think it is a bad idea too but I suppose they'll go with that, maybe a what if or not inside the 616 who knows ...

That tweet makes me less interested in reading it.

Mickey and Donald kills the Marvel Universe

Not true; the first issue might've had a boost from some subscription box, but it also had a lot of reorders. The rest of the issues released in 2015 had incentive covers, but so did a lot in 2016. The problem is, Star Wars comics in 2015 all the way to March 2016, the comics did 100,000. It wasn't until April when sales on the book went below 100,000.

Something else to remember, the sales on Comichron are preorders, usually made months in advance. An April order would mean retailers were made aware of the items for order in January. And you know January is right after Force Awakens was released. So is actually on to something.

Another thing to remember is that comics usually decline month by month. But what's weird about Star Wars was that in 2016 it was doing well selling at 100,000+ an issue, but in 2015 their lowest selling issue was around 75,000. And they were still doing 1:100 incentive variants at this time!

Still, Force Awakens didn't hurt the comic too much, Marvel also had problems in 2016 with their other comics that still allowed a declining Star Wars series to be their top-selling ongoing. It wasn't until after Last Jedi was released that Star Wars no longer was Marvel's best-selling ongoing and fell to the 40,000's.

On the editorial side, it's pretty clear Marvel has given up on SW since they have given the editing job to Mark Panaccia the guy who gets all the shitty editorial jobs nobody wants like X-Men and FF when they were in doghouse with Ike. I suspect there is conflict between the Marvel side and the guys at LFL over creative direction.

>Comichron are preorders, usually made months in advance
Dated thinking, FOC is like 6 weeks out now and that's when most orders are submitted.

I wouldn't be surprised, especially after the Wendig situation.

The solicitations for April would still have been released in January, though. That's more than enough time to think "Hmm, do I really want to buy 100 copies to qualify for the variant?" That they dipped below 100,000 for April makes me think a lot of retailers weren't getting much customers in from Force Awakens.

I'm not necessarily disagreeing jut pointing out the timeline is different. Owners slash sales based on previous issue performance. The reason they didn't dip as quickly was because marvel was pumping shops full of overshipped issues and incentive based ordering

They were still doing incentive based ordering (the 1:100 variant) in 2016, the year the series went from 100,000 to 75,000. I think Marvel stopped doing the 1:100 for Star Wars in 2017 which might explain the further decline.

The only other thing about 2016 I can think of is Hastings closing down, which might account for some sales loss across the board after June or so.

It really doesn't help post- TLJ the franchise is pretty much in an unhealthy state because of Disney and Lucasfilms.

It's this.

Source: my dad is having an affair with Cebulski and he told him

Attached: ImvDV.jpg (9280x7520, 2.53M)

Only among angry internet nerds, which doesn't reflect normie tastes at all. See: Bayformers, which everyone on the internet hated and said was shit, yet every movie made a billion dollars anyway.

normies don't buy comics

>only among the people who buy floppies
You're so busy projecting you forgot to think about reality.

But Solo bombed and Star Wars merchandise is shelf warming. Structurally the franchise is in a bad place. We'll wait until RoS to see.

He was revived in Secret Avengers and then died again. Heck it happened in Carol's last Ms Marvel story and it ends with the line of Captain Marvel being a good name and how it should continue. I assume you're a Carolfag and I am surprised you don't know this.

It's just him overhyping another event which is most likely being written by Aaron or Cates.

The delusion of prequel cultists is terrifying.