”Well Superman was created in like 1929 or something and Metropolis was just a made-up fake city but now it’s some...

>”Well Superman was created in like 1929 or something and Metropolis was just a made-up fake city but now it’s some poor schumck’s job to make a map of it nowadays because nerds keep asking “WHERE IS IT!?”. This is a comic book you sold for 1 cent to sell bubblegum ads and now its the most important thing in our society, it’s fucking embarrassing.”

He's right, you know.

Attached: ijoip.png (2691x1062, 2.47M)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metropolis_(comics)
opensecrets.org/orgs/summary.php?id=D000000128
opensecrets.org/orgs/toprecips.php?id=D000000128&cycle=2014
pompeiana.org/Resources/Ancient/Graffiti from Pompeii.htm
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I feel second-hand embarrassment at an adult man making videos about how a somewhat popular media franchise is now the most important thing in our society.

I assume he means 'most annoying', but the
man needs some perspective.

The corrosion of our freedoms and prosperity and representation for the benefit of the wealthy are a bitter pill to swallow for Americans.
All they ask is a fantasy to sugar-coat this medicine, and maybe some groups of "others" to deflect the blame onto.

He has his own fantasies, he should fuck off and let me have mine.

Attached: Ted_groovy_gang.png (250x299, 119K)

He's absolutely correct and it makes capeshitters seethe.

Every culture needs a mythology, whether they like to admit it or not. Capes are America’s myths. Imagine what the ancient Greek equivalent of cape fans were like. Having aneurysms over not getting every detail in Hercules’ stories right. Yelling UH ACKSHULLY in the middle of tragic plays. Getting into arguments over whether Perseus could kill Achilles. Imagine.

The annoying part is that they keep moving where Metropolis is located in comics. All they seem to keep consistent on is that it's located in Delaware. Gotham is located in New Jersey and is sometimes put across the river from Metropolis or kept in the area where Jersey City is.

I've always assumed metropolis was NYC and Gotham was a city on the other side of the river

Wasnt metropolis like within driving distance of smallville at one point?

>now its the most important thing in our society

What is this fucking retard babbling about?

That's not even a notion, that's real mate. Just like how "ur a fag" has existed for millennia.

Pretty sure the first instance of Metropolis showing up on a map predates the manchildren era of comics by some decades.
This is just an even less well-thought out version of Morrison's Batmobile's tyres rants.

And honestly I like RLM, but they have no place to look down from, they've got more knowledge about Len Kabasinski and Cameron Mitchell than the average moviegoer has about Superman. He's not saying that as a person who cares about what actually matters, literally his life revolves around entertainment media, and doing so with ironic detachment really doesn't change much. Shit let's not even talk about his Star Trek obsession.

It's a bit annoying how shitting on cape movies has become about as popular as the movies themselves and basically the equivalent of virtue signaling, especially when it comes from people who are absolutely not above that shit like Mike there. At least Jay can pretend he likes arthouse shit.

Attached: the rich get richer.png (1719x915, 2.27M)

He and several people from RLM literally are those nerds that he's talking about, just MAYBE to a slightly lesser degree (except in the case of Star Trek for Mike)

imagine the greeks complaining the romans changed the names of their gods in their 'dub'.

Attached: 1821_Hi_and_Lois_hs.20090419_original.gif (2000x1362, 814K)

>vulcan is thor
but I thought thor was thor

>achilles vs persues
>mate, achilles has almost invulnerability, unless it's fated for him to lose, like in the trojan crisis, he won't die
>he's just shielded from physical attacks, perseus has medusa's head, he can turn him into stone
>yeah, nice mcguffin, my character can insta-kill anyone with the magic head only he has, apex of writing there

Also, Odysseus is Batman. Good with gadgets (his bow) but mostly outwits folks.
>can Odysseus beat Hercules?
>how much preptime has odysseus?

they're doing a superheroes: greek pantheon comparison, don't overthink it. otherwise most of the comparisons will just bug you to death if you go with a 1:1 comparison.

NYC also exists, the Sinestro Corp War happened there.

Attached: 1774851-green_lantern__2005__3rd_series__024a.jpg (623x960, 138K)

That person existed and he was called Tiberius.
He had giant figures made, would bring "experts" on Greek mythology to his pleasure island so he could acshully them if they made the slightest mistake, commissioned hentai of the Calydonian hunt and made people act out his sexual fantasies.
It's good being Emperor.

Attached: 1200px-The_Blinding_of_Polyphemus,_cast_reconstruction_of_the_group,_Sperlonga_(14969535228).jpg (1200x795, 105K)

>mcguffin
mcgvffinus
>how much preptime has odysseus?
About 10 years.

This.
Anyone has the "Pompeii graffiti" pic?

Here ya go.

Attached: ancient_shitposting.jpg (3100x6280, 3.39M)

When did he said that?

This. Jesus this. I really like Best of the Worst and though I find Half in the Bag insult a bit harsh, I usually agree with the bulk of their opinions. But God damn they are out of their element and hypocrites about comic stuff. I mean they have a video coming out that seems to be about how they hate watched s2 of Star Trek Discovery.

>vulcan is thor because hammer
>not zeus or hercules or any other sort of lightning throwing equivalent

>reddit letter media

Attached: Into the trash it goes.gif (580x433, 1.96M)

Eh not really but it's an exageration beyond what the actual point needs to be for laughs, so it's fine you can still get the message.

The Batman/Spawn crossover (the one DC made, not the McFarlane Spawn/Batman one) subtly established that Gotham is Roanoake, Virginia, which explains why we don't have a Gotham. For us, Roanoake is "The Lost Colony" so the city was never founded on our earth.

Where did Mike say that?

Norse gods don't count as gods.

I hate these newspaper style comic strips that think they are clever but are really just low effort cringe shit. Family Circus is the worst offender.

Coming from a guy that obsessed with Star Trek its pretty hypocritical.

You're sort of right in that they're an expression of man's tendency to mythologize, but I don't think they actually qualify as reliable mythology. Capitalism is great, but business is no friend of art and the ancient myths weren't driven and shaped by capitalist forces the way these comic books have constantly been from issue to issue, literally since they first came into existence. Art and literature is a distillation process, and influences like that dirty the process. The more influenced an artwork is by business, the less it becomes an expression of an artist or a culture and the more it becomes fleeting, meaningless garbage. Though you could certainly argue that big piles of capitalist waste is an important part of our cultural identity at the moment.

>This is just an even less well-thought out version of Morrison's Batmobile's tyres rants.
That's a frequently misinterpreted rant, though.
>It's a bit annoying how shitting on cape movies has become about as popular as the movies themselves and basically the equivalent of virtue signaling, especially when it comes from people who are absolutely not above that shit like Mike there
They've never shit on capeshit just for being capeshit- they're frequently very positive about it when there's plenty of reasons not to be. I don't even know where you're getting that from. The thing he's shitting on in this instance is the way nerd culture too often misinterprets the purpose of the fiction they obsess over by demanding it be fleshed out to a point that muddles the spirit of the material and only really helps with satiating their autistic need to substitute their own realities with fictional worlds. Not every demand for clarification or backstory is "BAMANS TYRES!!1!" but 90% of the time it is.

Attached: 1555981883376.jpg (640x640, 81K)

>they're stupid, not like me, my opinions matter.

they already used zeus.

>Looking down on superhero comics while defending a friend simulator obsessed with Star Trek

embarassing

Thanks my man.

Oh thank God. I was worried I would have to face some kind of self reflection but you're right! He's bad, too, so we are all fine!

It always changes, though. Gotham post-COIE was established to be in New Jersey for a while. Prior to that there was a point when it was considered to be New York (like in the 40's). Metropolis was initially Cleveland then New York, then set in Delaware.

Don't flatter yourself.

You're talking about like stretches of decades.

I'm not! It's okay! Because we are all shitty, childish pieces of shit, right? It would be hypocritical to not acknowledge it and that would be even worse, RIGHT?

It's ok to be intrested in things user.

Is that what you really want, or do you just want the temporary high of feeling superior to superhero fans?

In some cases it was within decades.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metropolis_(comics)

You don't need to try to convince me to convince yourself, friend.

I'm on the same board as you, my friend. Cuddle up in the shithole and let's talk about how anime characters and comic book characters would fare in a battle royale.

::dabs::

Sounds more like you're trying to convince yourself to convince others

People forget the most important thing bout greeks and greek myths : Like the frogs, greeks were massive Yea Forums and /m/ fags and proud of that. It's why there was a lo of kvetching when the Romans romanized their myths, paving the road to the horrible world of localization or "westernization" as it later came to be known.

Don't you fucking get me started on them trying to fandub Babylonian myths and do Death battles between Herc and Gilgamesh until two japanese hentai-men gave them their wet dreams and threw in a rule 63'd King of England in the mix.

So?

Wasn't Superman created in 1938 and comics were 10 cents? You'd think they'd get the decade right at least. How often are they wrong on other things in their reviews? And yes, I'm well aware of that Force Awakens review.

Oh that was just me blowing you off.

Can you link me to where he said this?

What they really got wrong was that Shuster and Siegel were seriously shopping Superman and wanted to tell the story. It's an artistic endeavor.

During the JL commentary

Pretty sure this is a line from Synder.

>Nolan's Batman is a pussy! MY BATMAN will be raped in prison!

To be honest TOS and TNG is great.

This, I don't recall what episode this is from.

>nerds keep asking “WHERE IS IT!?”
Right next to Gotham.

Attached: 1513833501898.png (992x665, 1.51M)

It's from one of their commentary tracks, maybe the Justice League one.

It's what people are interested in. Why is it sad or embarassing? It's good that someone can be employed to do that rather than having to pick fruit or work in a coal mine. What is his point? He's able to make a living off reviewing movies. Why is he so angry? Those nerds are making him money and support him by showing his videos.

probably because he hates himself

Can you post the link to the video where he says it?

>implying Siegel and Shuster didn’t bust their asses to sell Superman
>implying Metropolis hasn’t been organically built by several writers over several generations

This is the same manchild that has seen every episode of Star Trek. Every season, every incarnation. He paid money to see the new godawful Star Trek just so he could bitch about it.

This is a man whose knowledge of Z grade films and directors is far, far, FAR more embarrassing than anyone’s knowledge of Superman.

This is a man whose knowledge of Superman extents to movies. He has never cracked a Superman comic in his life.

This is a man who will in all seriousness argue that Vulcans are literary figures while Kryptonians are trash.

This is the ultra-nerd.

>Well Star Fleet was created in 1960 or something and was just a fake space cadet academy but now it’s some poor schmuck’s job to make a diagram of its hierarchy because nerds keep asking WHERE IS IT? This is a show shown on CBS to sell tupperware adds and now it’s the most important thing in our society. It’s fucking embarrassing.

Yes

I don't believe he said this. And even if he said anything similar, there's no context here.

JL commentary. I don’t remember the exact time stamp

Just because you don't like something it doesn't mean it is 'reddit'.

>I don't believe this to be true. And even if it is, no one proved it to me so it's wrong.

Why is Yea Forums like this?

Let me ask you this; even if Rich didn't say it, someone typed it out here and said it. Does it have any substance? Well... I'll just point out that Yea Forums immediately began to debate where Metropolis was in this thread.

This is pretty stupid because Siegel and Shuster were actually scifi/fantasy nuts, Siegel especially probably would have loved to see a Metropolis map in his lifetime, he spent tons of time detailing the mythos of Superboy and the LoSH.

They were also both convinced that Superman would be huge and the guy who eventually bought the comic believed the same, hence why he put it on the cover of Action #1. They knew it was gonna be a big deal, this was just before things like merchandise and film licensing so they had no idea how huge.

This idea that comics have always just been disposable trash for children is totally ignorant. Yeah they were mostly disposable, and many were pumped out for kids, but there were guys like Siegel, Schwartz, Gardner Fox, etc. who knew even back then that they were creating a mythology, they really cared about it, and then Marvel comics tried on purpose to be culturally relevant and have more artistic merit.

Rich? I meant Mike but I am retarded so there is that

Mike you’re a Trekkie who watches more Z grade films than art films because you cry whenever you see real filmmaking that shits all over your own. You’re the filmmaker equivalent of a bully constantly talking shit to cover up how your only success in life has been in talking about other people’s films and ideas.

You’re a parasite Mike. You only have relevance because of what you attach yourself to be it capeshit or Star Wars.

>This is a comic book you sold for 1 cent to sell bubblegum ads and now its the most important thing in our society, it’s fucking embarrassing.”
Remember when people didn't used to worship corporations? I rather have the church be the dominant force in society again than the fucking nerds and retards who worship superman.

They have cringey moments that rival anything in capeshit.

Spock’s brain anyone?

>Reddit obsessed

If your fantasy involves escaping from reality to a fucking superhero movie because you think society is coming apart, then who is the real child here?

The church was a corporation.

Xorn's twin brother Xorn, pretending to be Xorn, pretending to be Magneto

>This is a comic book you sold for 1 cent to sell bubblegum ads and now its the most important thing in our society, it’s fucking embarrassing

This part is spot on. America's obsession over superheroes is infantile and disgusting.

>. You’re the filmmaker equivalent of a bully
Lol
If you think this, then you're a brittle, brittle person.
Mike and Jay aren't even a quarter as harsh to the movies they watch as Siskel and Ebert used to be back in the day. And obsessed fanboys called them the same things.

>thinking Superman is a dominant force in society
Yes. All the senators have to rise for the pledge of Supeman and keep time in Kandorian minutes.

Dumbass.

>>thinking Superman is a dominant force in society
How much did Capeshit make the last year? How many of those companies bought and paid for senators?
Newfag
Newfag.

Remember the aliens that all became gangsters because they read it in a book?

You would not, fool. Not unless you have a real yearning to sack Constantinople.

Yes. The superhero lobby is such a force in America rivaling the biggest superdelegates.

How stupid are you?

Superman isn't even the capeshit people worship. Most people think he's a boring-ass character

They've also had Superman state in the Avengers/JLA crossover iirc(?) that DC Earth is larger than Marvel Earth, which helps to account for all the extra cities and countries.

Ebert and all critics are parasites. Remember the one time Ebert tried and failed to make a movie? Just like Spacecop.

Show me one reviewer/critic that can actually do what they criticize well. Just one.

Superman is unironically a better moral figure for people to follow than the Judeo-Christian God.

Remember Hal Jordan justifying sex with a 13 year old?

>Lol look at this stupid filmmaker he did everything wrong!
>So here’s Spacecop...

Remember when Worf fired a purple space bazooka?

Weird, I always though Metropolis was somewhere in the midwest

Actually no. I trust you, though.

Remember when Nightcrawler's dad escaped from hell to have children specifically so they could help him escape from hell. And Nightcrawler had two penii. And then Angel had sex with Paige in the sky in front of her mother and it's okay because mutants can't get AIDS?

>superdelegates

Attached: GREAT SCOTT.jpg (200x196, 9K)

Metropolis isn't Chicago? WTF, Supes is from Kansas why would he and his childhood supporting characters all fuck off to New England?

>It's another "Corporations don't have power in our society, that's only held by the government!" post.
Also Disney alone spent millions on senator and representatives. They are in fact ranked 68th in the nation for buying candidates.
opensecrets.org/orgs/summary.php?id=D000000128

I wish I could run your hands over with a bulldozer because shitheads like you pollute Yea Forums and continue to perpetuate the cycle that keeps capeshit at the top.

>Spock’s brain anyone?
Not even that bad episode. Season 3 in general is not trainwreck like some people believe.

Remember when Uhura did a strip tease?

>Superman isn't even the capeshit people worship. Most people think he's a boring-ass character
Yet he still makes millions. That's kind of the fucking retarded thing about all of this: Even a boring ass character that no one likes is still one of the few dominant forces in cinema when he's an alien in spandex that has rarely ever had a good movie.

So? It is great episode. Those kinda episodes were the best of TOS too.

>Ebert and all critics are parasites.
You're a cocksucker. I don't get how people willingly defend corporations making literal billion dollar movies and attack the small-time critics that point out that these movies are ass with "LOOK AT THESE PARASITES"

Wow yeah, that fucking critic on youtube is a real fucking parasite and not the literal billion-dollar corporation, protected by the government, and white knighted by every 'geek' publication and article on the internet and in real life!
Literal fucking newspapers do marketing for these companies, and the critics who say 'yEah but this movie isn't great' are the parasites here? Fuck off, retard.

>68th
It’s amazing your hatred of capeshit is so intense you literally believe Disney has a hand in government outside copyright lobbying.

Wake up sheeple.

That was in movie though and shit one.

>Lol I love Marvel and DC! If only I could force everyone to love them because they're parasites!
>So here's Batman v Superman..

he says, spending his week end on Yea Forums.

>critics that point out that these movies are ass
But they don't, now do they?

>jackasses that can’t produce anything of their own if value pretending their opinion is worth a damn are good because “muh corporations”
Get fucked comrade.

Don't act like you didn't like it.

Attached: 1533411751089.jpg (374x486, 36K)

My dick does.

Remember Hulk getting gay raped at the YMCA?

opensecrets.org/orgs/toprecips.php?id=D000000128&cycle=2014
Here it is, every single political contribution they've made in the past ten years.
>WOW SHUT UP THEY DON'T HAVE (that big) OF A HAND IN GOVERNMENT!
Worship disney some more, maybe you can be an extra in a Marvel movie. shlurp shlurp shlurp.

Waho, someone's got a martyr complex over here!

The youtube reviewer is truly the champion of society.

You do realize it’s possible for Snyder to be shit and critics to be parasites right? They aren’t mutually exclusive.

Are you really trying to say that the Youtube men have opinions as respectable as Siskel and Ebert?

>But they don't, now do they?
Yes they do, they give their opinion and you're free to take it or leave it.
WOW SO PARASITIC.
This is literally just Yea Forums contrarianism at play. You know that right?
>GET FUCKED COMMIE
>By the way come worship Disney with me! I love Marvel movies and I can't wait to watch STAR WARSZZ
No, get you get fucked, by disney.
Go watch Captain Marvel for the 110th time. Maybe Fungus Mommy will give you a shoutout on her twitter account.

Attached: faggot.png (897x388, 17K)

All fiction is just stuff someone made up at some point. I don't get where that reasoning is coming from. If caring about it is so unimportant, we might as well just not bother with it at all but if that's his angle here he should take a good, hard look at himself and ask himself why he decided to become a film critic.

Come talk when I make a video about it.

>the most important thing in our society
In which society is it "the most important thing"?

>dudes like schlock
>know that making decent movies on a shoestring budget is difficult unless you aim for cheap found footage shit or schlock
>make schlock, which they love
>faggot shut-ins sperg out because RLM didn't like a shit movie they liked or hurt their feelings in some way
>Put up or shut up! Can't criticize a food allegory without being a chef!
>Oh shit, they did-
>Y-yeah, well, you just make schlock!
>ass-er blasters fail to realize they only caught themselves into their own catch 22
Everytime.

>WHY WON'T PEOPLE WORSHIP MY CAPESHIT LOOK AT THIS MARTYR HE WON'T WALK LOCKSTEP WITH ME
Shlurp shlurp shlurp, shill.
I respect fucking youtube nobody's opinion way more than I respect cocksuckers on Yea Forums who spend every day of their lives parroting about how great their cape movies are.
This is literally a case of
>WHY DON'T THEY MAKE A MOVIE
followed by:
>why don't you make a review then, if Youtube men are bad reviewers?
And now:
>SHUT UP YOU'RE BEING A MARTYR

It's absolute insanity that somehow not liking capeshit means someone has a martyr complex. Yeah, I didn't like your crap movie. What a martyr, huh?

The issue with that is that superheros are owned by companies. Mythology was the way it was because people were free to tell what stories they wanted how they wanted, thus molding the myth to the societies they were attached to. You can't do that when you have a corporation like disney dictating what stories can and can't be told about these characters

Remember when Peter revealed that he likes being bottom?

Come back when you don't want to bicker about semantics.

Kill yourself Salvius you fucking namefag.

>now it’s some poor schumck’s job to make a map of it nowadays
People do that sort of shit for FUN. It's called WORLDBUILDING. Maybe HIRE PEOPLE THAT ENJOY DOING THAT INSTEAD OF WHINING LIKE A BITCH?

They gobble up every single damn new capeshit that comes out and more often than not put their seal of approval on them. They're parasites leeching off soulless and creatively bankrupt corporations.

>I said it's the most important thing but I didn't mean it's the most important thing
You're literally worse than Hitler

Attached: mother.png (400x400, 96K)

>I might waste my life but at least I don't TRY
>b-btfo

Once, someone said the reviewers you like aren't very good and you took it to mean that they were the public defender of the overarching power structures of society.

Truly, you have been crucified on the cross of Youtube.

>They gobble up every single damn new capeshit that comes out and more often than not put their seal of approval on them. They're parasites leeching off soulless and creatively bankrupt corporations.
Didn't this start with you (or someone) claiming all critics were parasites?
>WOW HE LIKED A MOVIE but also said a bunch of bad things about it because that's what reviewers do.
SO PARASITIC! I still think they're more credible because they at least talk about the downsides of the movies they watch. Unlike here where Disney could literally splatter them with shit and they would make 15+ threads on repeat for months about how tasty the corn in it was.

I trust critics more, on average, than I trust corporate shills and their mouthpieces, including the people who are paid to write dogshit blog articles defending mediocre movies.

Nah, I just know that the only reasoning you can follow is in video form.

Please actually follow who said what.

This guy gets it.

>Once, someone said the reviewers you like aren't very good and you took it to mean that they were the public defender of the overarching power structures of society.
No, I said the people calling reviewers parasites because they didn't say the things they like were fucking retarded. All this shit about MUH MARTYRDOM is entirely projecting on your part.
Find the post that argued that and argue against them and don't hurr and durr about Disney being jesus or something.

Dude trying is SUCH A TRYHARD thing to do, you know what's better? not trying and shitposting on Yea Forums
Fuck anyone who tries anything instead of being a cool contrarian like me.

Critics for the most part ARE corporate shills, you monkey.

I wasn't talking to you

Articulation and implementation are two fundamentally different skills, you fucking retard. It's extremely rare for someone to posses both of them. Knowing and being able to properly express what makes a good movie does not guarantee you can make one. Not anymore than making a good movie qualifies you to speak about film theory in general. The only people who actually hold that level of resentment against critics are either terminally butthurt about criticism or so far removed from the creative mind that content creation of any sort seems to them an obtuse superpower.

Attached: Bill of the Hill.jpg (548x582, 88K)

Superheroes are more than just "our version of Greek Mythology", they're manifestations of deeply imbedded values within each and every one of us to do right and take action. We feel that calling and some of us choose to create paltry reflections of that in fiction. Like you say, the work is susceptible to be influenced by business, and corrupted. But the incorruptible shared fount in our collective consciousness allows us to recognize the basic intent past the commercialization, which is why it has been such an enduring cornerstone for nearly a century. And when the age of the Superhero ends and we move on, that same heroic spirit will rise up in new and equally compelling forms

Attached: Screenshot_20190504-140205_Perfect Viewer.jpg (1080x1659, 1.47M)

Every now and then someone at RLM lets it slip they're as big of nerds as anyone else and it kind of kills the whole anti nerd culture act they got going on. Dressing up as car mechanics for half in the bag is weird too.

Nah, your words stand by themselves. Most of it is whining about the shills of the corporatocracy, and not anyone's actual opinions, probably because you feel powerless and weak every day.

See, what I just did there at the end? Projecting meaningless context over other people's opinions? That's you.

I wasn't talking to you either

you have a more arguable point than the other user, but your unwillingness to actually engage with him makes you exceedingly pathetic. But hey, at least your low effort shitposting makes you superior to those guys posting in "who would win" threads, right?

HAhahaha did you think this was a witty response? It has nothing to do with what I said.

Attached: 1447577400323.gif (227x224, 7K)

No he's a sad pathetic faggot! Lol what an ugly fuck.

I don't get the issue here. Why is it a problem that things which were originally simplistic are getting developed?

The more things change the more they like to stay the same.

Why are RML fans always so pissy, anyway?

One word of criticism toward the guys, and you can expect at least 20 of them jumping on you. They really do value the opinions of two guys on Youtube.

I think that's just reiterating the point, which I already understand. People may have their broad ideas about what Batman is that are more or less the same, creating those value expressions you're talking about, but 99% of Batman material is just garbage made in response to market forces, influencing the material and muddling his identity and meaning. I guess my issue is more so with the idea of comics as mythologies than superheros as mythological figures. I'd have to think about it a bit more to really nail my own point down.

I think you are just trying to hard to agree with the RLM guys because you value what the fuck they say for whatever reason.

It's okay. It might be difficult to accept it, but guys on youtube can be wrong.

The whole mythology thing is completely unrelated to the RLM discussion. Pull the stick out of your ass, sperg.

He'd have a point if he didn't autistically memorize Star Trek trivia and hold the shows accountable for fucking continuity.

If he actually said this that is...

Says a man whose most researched topic is Star Trek. Probably knows more Star Trek trivia than he does basic U.S. history.

The point is perspective and empathy. He calls obsessed fans embarrassing despite being one himself. Shouldn't he know why fans engage in certain things so heavily and become so serious about it? The dude fell in love with a movie series from the 70's (Star Wars in this case, not Star Trek) and has since made it a major part of his personality.

Unless he absolutely hates himself on an unironic level, he's saying things like, "Smokers are fucking losers who don't know how to respect other people's spaces" as he blows smoke in his friend's faces.

>Unless he absolutely hates himself on an unironic level,
Someone finally gets it.

Yes, Mike is full of shit and a hypocrite, but he knows that. He also knows that he basically ruined all real movie criticism with how over the top the Plinkett reviews are, and every youtuber is just a phoney playing a character.

It's modeled after Chicago so you're not wrong

he's got a point

at least that other asshole is getting paid for his shitty opinions, we're not giving you shit

Your point of view is supported mostly by those who read Morrison AND understood the message among the gibbledigook gibberish.

The majority of population likes Batman because he's stupid rich. The like Superman because he's strong. Spider-Man, because he can crawl up the walls.

These attempts at justifying the existence of capecomics by presenting them as something other than cheap, dumb entertainment are pathetic.

>1929
the thing about Superman is it was made in another time, the culture has changed, and every time he's re-adapted, he fits in a little less. In the 1970s movie, he had to glance at an open phone booth before finding somewhere else to change. The next time they have to reboot him, newspapers might not be a thing anymore, so Clark Kent will have to do something else.

it's not quite as bad as the Simpsons, which hasn't had the luxury of being rebooted. It's a continuous 30-year show with no breaks, lots of canon and permanent character changes and even deaths, but they have to keep it about a family of five where the oldest is 10 years old. And in order to keep everyone the same age, they have to change generations. He was a boomer, and he'll be a millennial by the time the show's finally allowed to die. You can't even blame perpetual copyright on this one.

The only franchises where you can even try to keep it alive for this long, are where there never was a continuous canon. Short-form cartoons and comic strips are great for this. The more the world resets between instances, the more you can just tweak things as they go without breaking something.

Attached: 1b8457573d8d89c6d9ff812b65dcffbe--disney-art-disney-movies.jpg (236x278, 8K)

To the anons getting assblasted by this they're not making fun of people like you
They're making fun of the soiboi cucks who will eat any trash DC puts out and treat it like gospel. Like snydercucks who talk about how BvS is one of the most important movies to come out in the last 10 years even though those movies will just get retconned to make new ones to sell the same shit to people again

>The majority of population likes Batman because he's stupid rich.

oh, subtle pro-oligarchy message there.

the appeal of Batman wasn't the "stupid rich" aspect of his public identity, but the "mysterious gadgets and unlimited resources" of his private identity.

which comic iterations really leaned the most on Bruce Wayne's wealth in an aspirational way?

>"P-Please don't speak ill of my favorite youtubers they didn't mean to say that"

>"mysterious gadgets and unlimited resources" of his private identity
... he only has those because he's super rich. Would you rather be Daredevil or Batman?

Attached: daredevil-24-red-batman.jpg (600x576, 145K)

Youtuber worshippers do have an oddly easy to predict way to speaking... which is why certain words are filtered.

pompeiana.org/Resources/Ancient/Graffiti from Pompeii.htm

The problem with this idea is that Superman was at his popularity peak on the sixties/seventies. The name of the company on the books was “Superman National DC.” Even Lois and Jimmy had books.

Superman’s popularity is shaped like a hill, not a single downward curve peaking in the thirties.

The problem is that you are discussing with RLM fans. If RLM barely knows anything about capes, and all his fans know about capes comes from them, then discussing with them is a waste of time.

They pull shit out of their asses, speak their shit with an air of authority and hope that no one calls them out, much like their idols.

>make their name on being edgy bois that say fuck you to George Lucas
>Suck Disney’s cock when Force Awakens comes out and recommend it
>Back peddle like mother fuckers when Last Jedi comes out and opinion starts to shift on Nu Wars
RLM are clowns dancing for money. They have no integrity.

not the user you responded to but... why not both?

>Spider-Man, because he can crawl up the walls.
99% of people like Spider-Man because he is relatable.

The USA already had plenty of great mythology in the Wild West

Cowboys are gay.

Only at ram ranch

>Excessively complains about the very thing he makes videos on that pay his bills
Amazing integrity there.

Attached: 1556511773783.png (1612x1336, 2.83M)

>Most important thing in our society
>Doubt

Fanfiction.

Attached: 933DD980-AEF0-4EDD-9CEA-CF6BB658BE32.png (280x200, 26K)