Redpill me on Captain Marvel, Yea Forums. is there anything salvageable about this character?

Redpill me on Captain Marvel, Yea Forums. is there anything salvageable about this character?

Attached: 444755._SX1280_QL80_TTD_.jpg (1280x1968, 365K)

Captain Marvel is a totally featureless void upon which anything can be and has been written for a specific plot.

>is there anything salvageable
She's hot, and depending on the artist she can also be beautiful.
That's all.

Attached: 1556631476251.jpg (1987x3056, 883K)

Carol is how she's always been
a violent egotistical soldier, whose hero complex leads to her doing stupid things that make everyone hate her and who care too much about what people think of her to the point where it interferes with her capacity as a hero, who will never be good enough to meet her own absurdly high standards who flip-flops between wallowing in doubt filled self-loathing and supressing those feekings by deluding herself into thinking she's perfectly justified about everything and can do no wrong

thats her whole appeal as a character, this neurotic mess that will never be who she wants to be but keeps on struggling to become that person

Attached: 1479730996876.jpg (909x915, 435K)

it'd be pretty cool if they showed that in any of her material.

She's hot when Cho draws her.

No

>thread will be filled with Yea Forums garbage in no time

why even wasting time trying to be constructive about it.

Just give her some goddamn emotions. I hate character who, while holding back a gauntlet from undoing the entire universe, carry a mildly annoyed expression. Doesn't she fear death?

Maybe she knows she's a main character being written by greasy, filthy, stinking, men who want to jack off to her and thus will keep her around.

So who did she intend to throw into the sun and who did she actually throw into the sun?

she wanbted to throw Purple Man in the Sun.
She didn't throw anybody, it was just an illusion.

>violent egotistical soldier
You could have just said soldier user. I've never met anyone above squaddie who wasn't full of themselves.

This. I mean, I would never buy her comics even if I picked up floppies (and she has never starred in anything I want a trade of), but when I've read storytimes this was the appeal. She is the trainwreck you can't look away from.

Ger her in the leotard. The other problems will solve themselves

its impossible to not show it
carol is kinda like hank pym, the conflicting and contradictory depictions by different writers over the decades, often as a response to one another, have created a gestalt characterization that is unavoidable. even if they just ignore the parts of her history the writer doesn't like it feeds into the part of her character that hides from her true nature and glorifies herself. and when they address it it feeds into the self-loathing neurotic mess that has been established as her true feelings. even being repeatedly mind wiped and mind controlled is part of her character now. going full retard when big events is an established character trait. talking like her shit don't stink when things are going her way is an established character trait. the subtext of who she is and what she's done is inescapable

Attached: RCO006_1484120571.jpg (1041x1600, 479K)

>Redpill me on Captain Marvel
She's one of Marvel's most fleshed-out, interesting and best characters that they have wisely decided to make the flagship of their universe.
Incel outragetubers hate her because she is a woman.
There you go.

I always forget how many women are on this board. You're the only people that will defend poorly written female characters to the death. And I'm saying this as someone who loves well written female characters.

This character has cost my local comic store so much money. No buys her merch from stores either and my Walmart is having a 40% discount. Only Endgame stuff sales but not with her on it.

From FNAF? FNAF is more of a DC thing

As a woman myself go fuck yourself with that incel comment. People dislike her and myself included because she's an unlikable twat whose being shoehorned into everything. I don't even read DC comics or seen Shazam but this meme discribes why she's hated.

Kamala, Monica, Mar Vell and Blue Marvel are all better characters

Attached: The Becky Captain Marvel Vs. The CHAD Captain Marvel.jpg (2518x1024, 475K)

Conceptually you could sell her, but character wise she lacks anything all that interesting. I miss the drinking, because at least that was a character fault.

Attached: Captain Marvel sketch.png (1024x1769, 726K)

Hating on Captain Marvel won't make boys like you, incel.

Attached: 1554525300704.png (514x674, 298K)

So what? Idon't give a damn. I'd rather see another female character get more spot light than her. Seriously incel? such a basic and generic insult yawn

Attached: bored spidey.jpg (560x400, 21K)

Attached: 1461939430461.jpg (233x172, 9K)

>You're the only people that will defend poorly written female characters to the death. And I'm saying this as someone who loves well written female characters
Poorly written, or not find any merit on a character that unlike most heroes she mostly fails and wants to do better, but struggles to do so. You have a different idea on what a well-written female character is

>As a woman myself go fuck yourself with that incel comment
A woman or just another cunt? Because you just displayed how much of an incel you are. And using the "I am a woman and I hate this" commment only proves how much of a massive cunt you are

And that meme doesn't describe jack shit, and New 52 Shazam was a far better version

And another reminder that Captain Marvel made more money than Shazam , and is perhaps the most funnest movie in a long time that doesn't take itself too seriously, and the comic shows a much more interesting side where she doesn't always win and struggles to know how

Plus that rapist part was retconnned out long ago

Attached: 1553455107978.png (1673x814, 559K)

you seem to have mistaken Brian "The Writer" Bendis for the fictional character Carol Canvers

Pairing her with Spiderman is her salvage.

Honestly while I'm not too in love with the character, most my problems stem from Brie Larson acting as stiff as a board. For someone who allegedly has trouble controlling her emotions, he line delivery was fucking terrible.

That was Bendis's fault. He ruined the character completely. Marvel is trying to salvage her from the mess he made

Isn't he that fat bald guy who wanted to premote that black girl ray ray whats her name or something who now works for DC?

>Brie Larson acting as stiff as a board
why lie? anybody who watched the movie knows that's complete bs

There you go again with that incel comment...
Stop being a baby user

carol posters should be banned for spamming their shitty character. Carol has done nothing of worth and hasn't earned her place as an A lister, She has no memorable stories, or villians or supporting casts. She was put there because of a corporate mandate

I watched the movie two weeks ago. Her acting seemed a little better in Endgame, but that's probably because she wasn't in it at much. Even the person I watched with who doesn't give a shit about movies at all noticed her acting was exceptionally bad.

pics or it didn't happen

carol danvers is a headstrong loose cannon that is good at murder and bad at planning. character is working as intended.

PM'd ;)

This, also who Carol fans get so bent of shape and resort to petty name calling?
Can we not just dislike a character anymore?

>made more money
not an argument

>is there anything salvageable about this character?
Her black outfit.

That's about it.

>people who like what I don't like should be banned to preserve my safespace hugbox

Attached: 1341413242.jpg (588x521, 78K)

nigger

You keep bringing up Shazam. This counts as an argument since you're not making any points as to why

Back /po/ you go...

If you have a good reason, which there isn't and just endless whinning

Iron Man fag here and people only bring up Shazam to russle Carol fags jimmies. You fuckers fall for their bait every damn time hahaha

Her japanese adaptation turned her into a generic anime mommyfu

She improved tenfold

Attached: iu[1].jpg (853x480, 45K)

Civil War 2 and she got war Machine who is my favortie character killed in the comics.

That was Bendis's fault since he's a shitty writer

marvel should've made her a full on villain or an anti-hero, she has good motivation material for that, but they didn't have the guts. you could easily push her into a madame hydra or frank castle type of role.

>Litteral spamming and shilling everyday of this character even on threads unrelated to her
"IS IT BECAUSE YOU DONT LIKE HER???"
Carolfags are fucking retarded.

So what, I still hate her as a result.

he's died five times who cares
its not like he had some super cool story unfolding in a well-written solo book that got cut short just to please Bendis's money fetish

And she was redeemed in Secret Empire

so your saying you don't like her?

Attached: 1467312710442.jpg (879x1289, 634K)

thats just indicative of how easily pavlov'd you are

I don't think it's that she's stiff per se, but that every scene with her delivering lines or interacting with someone comes across as extremely uncomfortable. It's hard to describe but it's like interacting with someone who has some kind of social disability or something