Freakazoid

Thoughts on Freakazoid's rogues gallery?
(Also including The Lobe of course).

Attached: kjhb.png (1179x893, 1.03M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=DZsMMoYryTI
youtube.com/watch?v=p6R4B0otA6w
youtube.com/watch?v=bGI1bPXC65Y
youtube.com/watch?v=YQvVVsq6vYY
youtube.com/watch?v=nFVDi2b_Mws
youtube.com/watch?v=UzO_SKAX3zA
youtube.com/watch?v=vWEnJSoPSoc
youtube.com/watch?v=MwgEhky9548
youtube.com/watch?v=KCjKNWf606M&list=LLcSTGFfKSQ_duku6Ty-yOCA
xamag-main.tumblr.com/post/167704290512/ok-no-hear-me-out-ive-been-sitting-here-thinking
xamag-main.tumblr.com/post/167775741867/boy-im-still-going-bear-with-me-continuing-this
youtube.com/watch?v=788Vkl0sicc
youtube.com/watch?v=IqjHLLmMH4A
youtube.com/watch?v=vNHi2Utjoys
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Other then Candlejack, I don't really remember any of them.

Okay then.

You only remember Candlejack? What about Cave Gu

You're such a weenie.

youtube.com/watch?v=DZsMMoYryTI

Why hasn't this guy been turned into a meme yet?? He is fucking hilarious

Attached: 3ad.png (1026x592, 816K)

Wish they used her more (or any of the Bruce Timm concept villains).

Attached: Deadpan.jpg (500x375, 14K)

Him and the Lobe were my favourites.
youtube.com/watch?v=p6R4B0otA6w

Can Mor-On be considered part of Freakazoid's rogue gallery even if he didn't really do anything? I liked him too.

Attached: Freakazoid!.S02E01.Dexter's.Date.DVDRip.mkv_snapshot_20.47_[2019.05.04_13.21.01].jpg (704x528, 111K)

To be honest I don't remember any episodes where Freakazoid did anything particularly superhero-y. He just dicked around.

Shit Deadpan introduction felt like something out of the 90s Batman.
youtube.com/watch?v=bGI1bPXC65Y

youtube.com/watch?v=YQvVVsq6vYY

>He just dicked around.
Just like his villains.

youtube.com/watch?v=nFVDi2b_Mws

The guy with the watch who could turn beavers into gold was memorable to me.

I dig the idea of villains who don't do grand-scale things, they're just in-your-face unsavory and weird. Kind of an Uncle Fester vibe.

youtube.com/watch?v=UzO_SKAX3zA

Certainly-Not-Ricardo-Montalban wasn't memorable enough for you??

Hey Yea Forums, wanna go collect sea glass?

Attached: MV5BMTY0NDcwNTk4Nl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMTA0MTIyMjE@._V1_UY268_CR87,0,182,268_AL_.jpg (182x268, 7K)

Do I? Let's roll.

youtube.com/watch?v=vWEnJSoPSoc

Mor-On should defintely be in there. He aggravated Freakazoid more than most of them. He's a Bizzaro type.

Where does Fanboy fall?

He did dick around constantly, but a lot of it was during superheroing.
He rescued Washington from a nuclear missile, he stopped several jewelry heists, and by far the most notably and importantly he rescued Norm Abram.

Attached: freakazoid613339_doublemaximus.jpg (1924x2832, 621K)

The Lobe is the best villains in the show, and one of the more entertaining supervillains in general. He doesn't want fame, or wealth, or power, he's just doing this for basically the same reason Freakazoid is, he just likes doing it, it;s fun to him.

Attached: lobe.jpg (320x242, 15K)

>I'm touching Norm Abram! I'm hugging Norm Abram! I'M HOLDING NORM ABRAM OVER MY HEAD!

Not to mention he's a prototype Homsar

Who is Homsar?

youtube.com/watch?v=MwgEhky9548

This. Now THAT guy was a true criminal mastermind, because he just enjoys being bizarre.

A song from the 60s

youtube.com/watch?v=KCjKNWf606M&list=LLcSTGFfKSQ_duku6Ty-yOCA

probably freakazoid's least favorite person

Candlejack is without a dou

I like classical music.

Attached: You will never see it.jpg (598x714, 51K)

>"Have a good time now!"

Man that was hilarious, I should watch that show again someday.

KEK what a twist.

>Where does Fanboy fall?
he's basically a Bat-Mite character except without any powers besides being really obnoxious

I am not a weenie- YOU are the weenie!

Yeah that's the better way to do it. But sometimes we don't have that freedom.

so let's say a Freakazoid reboot happens, how should it be handled, this girl on tumblr had some pretty good ideas in my opinion on the topic;

xamag-main.tumblr.com/post/167704290512/ok-no-hear-me-out-ive-been-sitting-here-thinking

xamag-main.tumblr.com/post/167775741867/boy-im-still-going-bear-with-me-continuing-this

youtube.com/watch?v=788Vkl0sicc

youtube.com/watch?v=IqjHLLmMH4A

youtube.com/watch?v=vNHi2Utjoys

admittedly not all of her ideas are great, but I definitely like the idea she had that most of Freakazoid's villains should also be connected to the internet like he is

Attached: tumblr_ozq3spIa651vemrjmo2_r1_1280.jpg (1123x1116, 405K)

Freakazoid and me have been separated for a long time, I don't even remember the origin of the character. I would have to examine the whole show to give an answer and it can take a long time. But for now I can say that Freakazoid is a very absurd comedy and it requires a very especial kind of person to write it. Sometimes an old style can't be imitated perfectly even if the writer is very good. (Looney Tunes are a good example)

Now if it is a reboot the public will always make a comparison between the original one and the new one, so an author can choose write it trying to be the same as the original one or make something completely different. Every option have a risk and evene if a work is very good it mostly depends on luck.

I need to leave, see you later.

watching the first episode right now(as Freakazoid is available on VRV), and it's funny that joke they make about Batman being on another network(as at the time Freakazoid premiered BTAS was still on Fox) still works, as Freakazoid is on VRV while BTAS is over on the DC Nation service

HULA GIRLS

>mfw Jonathan Harris
>mfw Ricardo Montalban
>mfw Stephen Furst

Attached: btehn.png (289x116, 54K)

>Linking an embedded playlist with your video

>That's not my playlist, sadly.

cobra queen is a major babe

And Cave Guy gets to fug her.

why would we even need it? just put the original back on TV

her skin is green, he thinks that's keen

really wish Freakazoid got one more season to give them more time to shine, it was the best of the 3 speilberg cartoons BY A COUNTRY MILE
I really like The Lobe, Caveguy and Gutierrez. The longhorn guy and the guy that summoned cthulu got no real time to develop.

By the end of the series the amount of sentience Freakazoid had gained was potentially the highest any fictional character has achieved. He was shown to have knowledge not only that he and his universe were fictional, but actual knowledge of how the show was produced within our higher reality. With that knowledge came the awareness that the shows inevitable cancellation would end him and everyone he knew.
This is why he did a lot of what he did in the second season. He had the power to change not only the world around him, but the metanarrative of his own life, to the point that even other 4th wall breaking characters were incapable of. But he chose to use this very restrictively, even when it would mean discomfort or pain for him, so that the show would remain interesting, as he knew that was the only way to keep the show on the air and keep his universe alive. It even gets to the point when he realizes another season is unlikely, so he gathers everyone he knows for a heartfelt goodbye to the audience at the end of the last episode, putting all their hope in one day seeing them again as several characters burst into tear, realizing their existence is likely coming to a close.
Considering all that, I think a reboot instead of a 3rd season is the absolute worst case scenario for Freakazoid.

Attached: freakazoid-01.jpg (300x225, 36K)

I never watched this. Was it good? Any problems with the show? People recommend this to me a lot but I don’t get the appeal.

It's a funny show and has amazing voice actors and gags. Definitely worth watching. The problem is that its too short.

>Any problems with the show?
Yes, a lot, but they somehow work that into the charm of the show. The production of this show was a mess, but there was so much talent working on it, and they were letting themselves have so much fun with it, it turned out be one of the better cartoons created. Even if a lot of the first season is just utter nonsense.

They humor takes some getting used to. A LOT of it is just the writers throwing stuff at the wall to see what sticks. Things do get a bit more streamlined in the second season, though YMMV on whether that's an improvement.
The point is that one of the episodes features a full five-minute parody of the "Hello, Dolly!" song from the titular movie played (almost) completely straight with no real context, and if that tickles your funny bone then this is the show for you.

What's the deal with Candlejack? Everyone who posts his name can't finish his sen