Endgame Thor

Did you like how he was handled? I was bothered, but then was impressed they followed through with it for the whole movie

Attached: Thor-Infinity-War-Hammer.png (1200x676, 1.2M)

You can't do brooding emolord for two full movies. They had to do something comical

I really liked the characterization, and thought it was consistent with his Ragnarok one.

Lebowski is the best Thor

thats a good point. it did feel out of place, but then again if you look at it from other side, each of the main avengers needed some sort of personal life conclusion. cap had his peggy thing, tony had his father, since thor already had his father and loki plotline in ragnarok, he only had his moms left as a loose end subplot to work with

Yes, apart from being fun it was consistent with how they've been handling the character since Ragnarok. Thor 2 being meh and putting the franchise in need of a course correct was one the best happy accidents in the mcu.

The MCU has mishandled Thor from the beginning so why ever stop?

imho they did a great job showing where the characters where and how they changed after the timeskip.
Thanos ruined Thor's life, killing him didn't solved a thing. He lost any will to go on (Nat was in a similar position).
I think they did a good job showing that, and the jokes were part of it.

Absolutely loved his action scenes and how he looked at the end.

that little batter move he does with the hammers is nice. mjolnir got alot of play for not actually supposed to be in the movie

>Mishandled into billions of dollars.
This is why you should never ever be put in charge of anything.

Hated it at the start, but after a while I realised that Infinity War is very much his movie, while Endgame is much more about Cap and Stark

I really don't think this was the place for jokes. It really, ironically, deflated a lot of the tensions.

I'm not a Disney exec. I don't give a shit how much money they make and I don't see why you do either.

I was really expecting the transformation to make him hot again, but I'm glad they didn't go there.

Still, I want him hot again for Asgardians of the Galaxy.

Not gonna happen. With Hercules coming he'll be the defacto hot god while Thor remains his norse-accurate self

thor's hair should turn red when he goes into lightning god mode

Attached: tumblr_mw66z5rzch1rdjsp2o2_r2_1280[1].jpg (886x935, 124K)

>serious moment when they approach 2014 Thanos sitting there waiting for them
>suits up with lightning and the lightning braids his messy hair and beard

It's weird how the serious moments of Thor are so good but his comedy moments can be so throwaway. Talking about killing Thanos properly was pretty badass.

>Did you like how he was handled?
Except the last part in the Guardian's ship, yeah. I actually didn't find him funny, but desesperate. I didn't see the "LOL he's so fat :DDD" as a joke.
Also, I'm pretty sure Thor "Lebowski" was a thing in the comics at some point but I can't remember.

But to be honest, I'm not a big fan of Thor. I often find the character irritating. All his epic and serious moments are great, the others are fuckin shit.
>Thor speaking to Loki that he needs to come back at home: good
>Thor mocking Quill again and again: irritating
>Thor crying because he lost everything and everyone:awesome
>Thor crying like a bitch because someone's about to cut his hair: cringe

Thor is a terrible character for comedy, and all the "funny" moments with him ruined the character imo. So much that I definitely don't want to see him with the Guardians.

Ragnarok was doodoo

He can work in comedy as a good straight man. As quipster he just sucks

No.
Also all my sisters who were casual Marvel fans despised fat Thor.

Yes. I guess since he's staying they have to restart his arc somewhere.

Infinity War Thor was peak

Attached: 1556841249275.jpg (1136x568, 74K)

Thinking it over, I actually like how his character arc wraps up.

The only time he's ever pining to be king of Asgard is at the very start of his first movie, when he thinks being king means to be an asshole to all the other realms and waging war over any little offense. Virtually everything after that is him just wanting to be a protectorate and he even gives a rather poignant explanation of why he doesn't like being king at the end of The Dark World. So having him leave the remaining Asgardians under Valkyrie was the inevitable end since he's done so much along the way to avoid taking power and the events of Infinity War probably just sucked any remaining desire to be in charge when he saw everyone he loved slaughtered.

All in all he's a good dude who knows when he's out of his depth.

Will he stay fat in Asguardians 3?

I don't really get Yea Forums's issue with his and Quill's interaction. He's a literal God King who doesn't know how to play second chair because he's been leading people around since childhood and Quill is new to not running solo and is insecure about his authority, particular because his band of misfits sucks at adhering to it. It's funny

I hope so.
This would also be a good thing in the long term as it would allow Hemsworth to keep doing these movies long after he loses interest in keeping himself in mega shape all the time.

I could’ve done without the fat suit. Point would’ve came across fine.

Being an adonis is probably 75% of the reason he's getting roles, so I doubt it.

Idk about you guys but i think the idea of a literal god being some second in command is really funny and kinda gii5d for his character seeing as how he said he doesn't want to be a leader anymore besides the guardians dint reallly seem to have an actual ranking sysyem and everyone is kinda equal in authority

except valkyrie was the same way in ragnarok and would be even less fit to lead.

Valkyrie was dealing with survivors guilt and denying her role as the last Valkyrie and was an extremely old war hero from the Age of Odin's conquests. Once Thor brings her back into the game and she excepts she's a perfectly qualified Warrior God Queen. Thor has never displayed interest in taking the throne after the first movie. Goes into detail about why it not longer appeals in Thor 2, and says he'd love for anyone who wasn't Hel tier awful to take it for him. Which is what Valkyrie is. Thor is a hero, not a king. Yet at least.

>loses the eyepatch
>Thanos 2 doesnt cut his arm when he grabs Stormbreaker

A joke there and there is fine. But Waititi ruined the character for me

Attached: images (5).jpg (689x445, 59K)

I don't like MCU Thor in general
>Doesn't speak Shakespearean
>Doesn't wear the helmet
>Has the same character arc every movie
>More of a joke than anything else
>Supporting cast is wasted as are The Nine Realms

Attached: Yggdrasil.png (1608x804, 2.54M)

>Hercules hot God
Find the actor with the looks first, not to mention that he will probably be a tranny kek

The cut Thor's arm deal was already done in Dark World, though, even if it was fake.

>Supporting cast is wasted as are The Nine Realms
Blame it on them fucking up the first movie by making it an Earth centered flick chick instead of a fantasy epic.

They had to nerf him so the other Avengers would have a reason to be there.

>>loses the eyepatch
This part sucks, yeah. Punished Thor had a cool look. Wish he'd worn the helmet at one point or other, though. I think Ragnarok improved on his character overall, but it's easy to have gripes with it as well.

I liked it

It's because of the actor, he prefers meme Thor. Also
>midgard serpent never ever.

Attached: 1556316848389.jpg (563x561, 29K)

I greatly enjoyed the first two Thor movies and miss serious Thor. Infinity War was a great blend of serious Thor and goofy Thor and more than acceptable in my mind. While I enjoyed Endgame Thor, I miss him being serious most the time.

True. Because despite Tony, Spidey, Falcon , Hulk, Hawkeye, Widow, all the GOTG, Dr. Strange, Loki, etc. We all know Thor is the real comic relief character. Would hate to have anyone get a serious story arc into these chucklefests, it might actually give the movie tension.

It wasn't tho

Only really worked because Hemsworth is actually a really great comedic actor.

I liked it. Looking forward to see what they do with him on Guardians 3.

I was dissapointed that he lost the eyepatch so quickly.

To be fair, they haven't done anything particularly interesting with serious thor yet.

And Hemsworth turned out to be a pretty great comedic actor, so after 2 pretty dull movies, they played to his strengths and made a thor movie people actually enjoyed.

Because if they weren't making money on these movies they would have stopped making them years ago.

I loved how I've been telling everyone for the past year that Thor fucked up. They point it out in the movie that he shoulda gone for the head, yet everyone just dumped on Star Lord as the only fuck up.

This movie comes around and makes it a damn key Character plot point that he fell into depression because he knew he fucked up by not killing Thanos when he had the chance.

I don't know what the Midgard Serpent is like in the comics, but it's inevitable that it will turn out in some form eventually considering how important it is to Thor's story in Norse lore. It's his nemesis, and they end up killing eachother in their final battle. Would be cool if that's how Thor goes out in the MCU as well.

This thread isn't about the financial state of the MCU. Making money doesn't deflect criticism of its quality so stop trying.

He sniped him from a distance with a fucking axe. You go center mass when you do shit like that. Quit being retarded.

They already did Ragnorak.

That doesn't mean they can't still do the Midgard Serpent story.

Cope harder

Yes, I think going full washed up 70s Rockstar was a pretty inspired idea.

it was ok