Adventure time finale

Now that the dust has well and truly settled, was it a good finale? Was it even canon given the set up with BMO?

Attached: Come_Along_With_Me_title_card.jpg (1280x720, 425K)

It could have been worse

Attached: IMG_4530.jpg (334x334, 103K)

I think that it was a happy ending somehow, it wasn't what everybody wanted, but the episode was something dangerous for all of them, the backslash was destined to be worse than the other option and they were trying to do something impossible in the beginning. The writers saved their reputation and maybe even more.

>they were trying to do something impossible in the beginning
What on earth are you on about

It could had been the poly cliffhanger of Bracest warriors, so yeah it could have been worst?

Well I mean, it could have been Pendleton taking a hard shit for 30 minutes so yeah I could have been worse ..?

Finn's butt.

Attached: Modelsheet_finn_-_naked.jpg (1600x952, 165K)

>shilling this hard

bmo forgetting finn's name sets him up as an unreliable narrator which really fucks with me but other than that i loved it

I kinda like it makes you exploring what happens after more interesting and realistic, also mental problems that comes with age and forgetting the past are big themes in the show that fit the ending

Isn't there an entire episode about BMO having not only an unreliable memory but also a penchant for making shit up so he's the hero? He also wasn't present for most of the events of the episode

yes but this is the one time you dont want people to say "this story was all bullshit bmo made up"

Who else cod had told the story, actually sweet pea should had done it that way he's kinda of an stand in for Billy in a really cool way and allow us to swallow the hard pill that everyone is dead again

>was it a good finale?
Uhh, no?
Finn literally did next to nothing. I mean, I didn't expect him to hog the limelight or anything, but you could have easily forgotten who the show's protagonist was. And it wasn't only the finale itself, but the Bubbegum war arc leading up to it was pretty weak as well. "Oh hay, here are some new characters we'll introduce because we ran out of all of the good villains and need to create some sort of conflict"
I'll admit, the epilogue and the framing story set in the future were nice, but that was pretty much it. Whenever I from henceforth try to recall the finale, I'll just convince myself CN played a rerun of Dad's Dungeon.

>Uhh, no?
What an incredibly punchable way to open a post. I hope you don't do this with people you know IRL.

>Finn literally did next to nothing.
Literally prevent a war.

>Now Finn, I know this is the finale to the show with your name literally in the title, but it's actually my finale not yours, and since we're in Gob's stomach you can't do anything anyway.
>Oh OK, I guess I'll just sit down and wait for either you to solve things or accept death.
What did the writers meme by this?

>with your name literally in the title

Attached: 0.jpg (533x594, 43K)

Adventure Time with Finn and Jake m8

Finn's glory moment is in the first part of it, when he actually manage to prevent a war. +His action lead the armies to merge. and afterwards, he is the one who stop Betty from screwing things up. I mean, it's her fault the demon is there, it make sense she is the one that has to pay the consequence for it.

1), that's a subtitle
2) it's not even official. the official name of the show is Adventure Time.

Attached: 0.jpg (588x333, 52K)

I think given the circumstances, it was about as good as it could've been. They had so much to wrap up that it was inevitable the pacing and resolution of some arcs would suffer a bit - namely the whole gum conflict. I thought the way they resolved it with the dream sequence was cool though, particularly PB and Gumbald swapping places and the empathy PB gained from that, which is what I most wanted to see from that arc.

On that note, I liked how each of the main characters got a moment that summed up their growth in the series: PB gaining empathy for Gumbald, Finn standing up to be PB/helping Fern tackle his demons, Marceline being emotionally vulnerable, Jake reflecting on his role as a parent and as Finn's guardian, and of course, Ice King saving the world. Even Lemongrab and LSP's romance was a nice way of showing how they had grown. On the flipside, it's fitting that Gumbald, Betty and Maja - three characters that were incapable of change, were the three that didn't survive.

I also loved the opening and closing with Shermy and Beth. It really drove home the themes of cycliality and change they were going for.

Finn still got by far the most screentime.

Didn't change that subtitle from time to time, when they weren't the focus of the episode ?

It's hard to complain about the role of Finn in the finale when he already had a conclusive arc with Island.

They only had that subtitle at the beginning of season one for marketing reasons. The AT crew never wanted it there.

Look at all these fags thinking Finn getting neutered over the course of seasons and getting table scraps is somehow "good." Dude's been getting his ass handed to him a lot over the years and he will quite literally become irrelevant both as a warrior, knight and hero due to elemental princesses taking over and humans coming in to scout and settle.

Also Shermy and Beth sucks ass.

>come along with me
no finn is sick of it, he's sick of the adventures

>It's fine he got completely shafted and didn't REALLY stop the war since Gumbald still had ill intentions (fuck Aunt Lolly too) he got his ending 2 seasons ago, now ignore those lesbians cuddling on a couch with their happily ever after
Gas youselves.

He had to save the elemental princesses from themselves, and the humans will need Finn to guide them in Ooo.

As far as I'm concerned, the Islands miniarc WAS The finale.

Attached: 1486618529709.jpg (525x479, 45K)

I liked Elements as well, 2bh

Or are you just interested in FinnMinerva /ss/?

Finn the Human. Former champion of the candy kingdom (title taken by Marceline) reduced to working at Pizza Sassy's from 9 to 5 and local tours for humans. What a god damn shame.

People are so distracted with the feels bullshit that they don't notice Finn taking a sharp nosedive in what he originally loved to do. As for elements, he did have to get bailed out multiple times and LSP was the real hero at the end of the day.

And you conveniently ignore FP. Who got buttfucked the second she exited stage left in Frost and Fire.

Sharp nosedive my ass, he's still a hero. Yes, LSP was the key, but without Finn Ooo would've been fucked. I'm really not sure what you're expecting to be honest with you.

FP had a good sendoff episode in Son of Rap Bear.

Yikes, ummmmm this goes against Yea Forums's groupthink sweetie, you're not allowed to point out things that AT did right.

>Yikes, ummmmm
Be better. Ironic shitposting is still shitposting.

Lesbian representation is all this episode will be praised for with people telling you rest of it was perfectly fine because they dont give a shit about any of it besides the kiss.

if straight people were exceedingly rare wouldn't you be happy to find a straight kiss in anything?

>Yikes
Back to twitter, zoomer.

With as many times he's been bodied? Yes, nosedive.

>Son of Rap Bear
It's a shame when a graphic novel does more for the character in question than the official show. Literally giving her a WWE gimmick since they didn't think she had staying power for a good personality.

Without Ice King and Betty Ooo would have been fucked. Without LSP Ooo would've been fucked.

>"I just want those kisses, man. To hell if it's quality"
(You)

also or

That actually sounds more interesting and action-packed than the ending we got.

Not that great of an ending, but the song BMO sings still makes me emotional

not even in a 'the shows over blublublubu' kinda way, its just a really sappy sad song that keeps me up at night

>Everyone happens to know the song and sings each lyric perfectly with no foreshadowing
into the trash it goes

>bodied
No, he wasn't. If you're talking strength, that was never Finn's greatest attribute as a hero. That's why he got owned by the bucket knight in season 1, and realized he needed Jake. He's just a human after all.
>Literally giving her a WWE gimmick since they didn't think she had staying power for a good personality.
I'm whatever on the rapping thing, but SORB was good as a sendoff episode for FP.
>Without Ice King and Betty Ooo would have been fucked. Without LSP Ooo would've been fucked.
Without Betty, Ooo wouldn't have needed saving. True on LSP, but Finn was also necessary.

>That's why he got owned by the bucket knight in season 1
7 years IRL and 5 years Ooo time later and his skills have actually deteriorated since Season 1. Good god. Young Finn would demolish older Finn in a fight.

>He's just a human after all.
Who was able to defeat the lich with a sweater, foil Ice King's plots with his fists, lift a montster fifty times his size over his head and into a pit and tear a new asshole into ghosts with impressive skill and accuracy. The "muh human so he can't get helpful tools or powers" bullshit didn't come until later when they decided to get up their own ass about deepness and feelz and god help you and the other idiots for accepting such a transition.

> SORB was good as a sendoff episode for FP
I'm saying the whole gimmick, and therefore SOARB is garbage because it's truly a kneekapping of what she's capable of after they wrote her to rule the Fire Kingdom more effortlessly than PB would with non retarded citizens.

>True on LSP
Who was the key and the true hero. Finn gets his participation trophy and fucks off to the back.

it was anti climatic, Islands was a much more better finale unironically

But the tearful epilogue!!! That makes up for everything done wrong right? Feels, guys! FEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELS!!!

Yeah right the show's final is at the end of season 6. It was already not glorious at that point but that's as far i go.
Marg'ret, the boy really did turn into a wimp.

Attached: boom boom baby.jpg (400x260, 23K)

It was a good finale for the shitshow that was AT past season 3

I wish Finn battled Joshua only to get his ass handed to him and for his dad to say "Ya can't do the right thing if you aren't willing to back it up, Son." because boy does he need a reality check after all this "he was viewing the world in black and white" talk

>Who was able to defeat the lich with a sweater,
Because the Lich is weak against the power of 'liking someone a lot.'
>foil Ice King's plots with his fists,
wow, real impressive.
>lift a montster fifty times his size over his head and into a pit
If you're talking about Dad's Dungeon, that thing had a massive weak spot in the middle of its head. He beat it with agility, not strength.

Finn isn't very strong and that hasn't changed. He would've got his ass handed to him by Marceline at any point in the series if they had a serious fight.

>because it's truly a kneekapping of what she's capable of
Frankly, I don't see the same potential in FP that you do. She was never that interesting a character to me.

>>True on LSP
>Who was the key and the true hero.
They were both heroes. LSP couldn't have done it without Finn, and vice versa.

>Because the Lich is weak against the power of 'liking someone a lot.'
Pulled a sweater through his eyesockets and ripped his skull apart. Much better that what nuFinn could accomplish.

>wow, real impressive.
Considering that all the princesses had a hard time with him including PB (but now she really didn't because we want her to be 1000 now) yes knocking his old ass out was impressive. Different times now that you've got powerful enemies with a lvl. 15 Finn getting whooped left and right due to not scaling him correctly.

>He beat it with agility, not strength.
Oh, I guess lifting the thing over his head and into a pit isn't strength.

>He would've got his ass handed to him by Marceline at any point in the series if they had a serious fight.
10 seasons in and he hasn't gotten closer to changing those odds in your opinion? What great development!

>Frankly, I don't see the same potential in FP that you do.
It's funny how you say that about FP but pass up realizing Finn's squandered potential. Oh well.

>She was never that interesting a character to me.
That's what you get when you get a character literally made to be a humping bag for Finn to pine over. FP struggling to manage her temper and dealing with the time consuming and stressful task of ruling a kingdom not even a year from being freed from her chamber? Nah, fuck that give her a rap persona and cringe lyrics. I'll never understand why they outright refused to give a girl to develop alongside Finn.

>They were both heroes. LSP couldn't have done it without Finn, and vice versa.
Agreed. a shame when the thirsty, gossip heavy princess is possibly more important in life than the now relegated Finn.

Because the Lich was weak against the sweater.
Princesses aren't strong, that means nothing.
He pushes it in as it's dying. You're reaching with this.

>10 seasons in and he hasn't gotten closer to changing those odds in your opinion?
Only because Marceline is so much more powerful than him.
>Finn's squandered potential.
You only see superficial potential. Finn is much more than his ability to fight monsters. AT is not Naruto.

Islands is a nice ending for Finn's character and Elements is a nice sendoff for the cast of Ooo.

>PB
>Not now Strong as fuck/was always intelligent enough to put Simon on his ass on her own

>Because the Lich was weak against the sweater.
Are you saying if you took a hammer to his skull he'd not be hurt?

>He pushes it in as it's dying
>pushes
I should disregard your argument as irrelevant right there. He shows visible effort and certainly does not "push." He lifts it over his head all the way and downwards into the pit. I'm sorry if you want a perma-weak Finn to get overshadowed by a literal lesbian power couple, Muto. But you can't change the past.

>Finn is much more than his ability to fight monsters.
Indeed he is. But if there's one thing that certainly got left in the dust, it was his ability to fight monsters. Can't have that masculine bullshit in our big brain intellectual show about Everything Staying.

>Dad's Dungeon Rap
>superficial potential
I would slap you through the screen if I could.

>Only because Marceline is so much more powerful than him.
Which means no effort and the so cherished development towards changing that I see. Not growing stronger to overcome more difficult enemies, huh.

PB got captured by IK in season 7, so apparently not.
>Are you saying if you took a hammer to his skull he'd not be hurt?
Maybe, we don't know. Finn wouldn't have gotten close without the sweater protecting him from The Lich's mindfuckery anyway. The Lich seems to rely more on mindfucking people and magic more than raw strength.

>>pushes
Yes, pushes. It's on his sword and he flings it back behind him. It's actually pretty unrealistic given how heavy the monster would be, but it's a cartoon so whatever. I don't think it's supposed to imply that Finn is really strong.

>Which means no effort and the so cherished development towards changing that I see
He changed a lot, just not in the way YOU wanted him to. Again, AT is not Naruto. It was never about powering up or any of that bullshit. If you wanted that, you should've watched another show.

Have the last word, if you want it.

Billy defeated the Lich by kicking him and also decking him into the tree at the top of the Candy Kingdom. No reason why Finn wouldn't be able to slap his shit silly if he got close enough.

>It's on his sword and he flings it back behind him.
No. He would need to have a fuckload of strength to lift it's entire body over his head. Say what you want about "pushing" but "pushing" alone would need a great amount of upper body strength. Something Finn always had until they decided he's gotta be weak for the plot to advance.

>He changed a lot
Well obviously. I'm saying when push comes to shove if another vampire is lurking around he's gonna get his shit pushed in easily. They should've made him more stronger to protect his loved ones

>AT is not Naruto
Nobody's expecting it to be. And unless you're willing to say PB didn't need powers too then I'm not having that flimsy reasoning.

>If you wanted that, you should've watched another show.
Sure it was. Not all problems being solved with friendliness and peaceful talk is a lesson they've lost sight of. Finn wanting to get better to protect his loved ones was always there, it's just buried beneath all the stupid romance and inner struggle shit they've thrown out.

I liked it

I actually watched the finale for the first time the other day. I had been more or less keeping up until then but for some reason just never got around to watching it. I thought it was fine overall, just thought the way they 'beat' GOLB was awfully MLP-ish all of a sudden, but on the other hand he's a Capital E Eldritch chaos god so any way you stop him has to be an asspull (which has precedence going back to lovecraft)

it was ass

Everything post season 2 is literal garbage

I loved how things ended at Mortal Recoil, but i'm afraid I disagree even though I think the majority of arcs past S2 were trash in the long run. So much good shit that we got despite all the filth.

The majority of the best episodes were in seasons 5-8, even if there was a higher proportion of bad episodes.

uh. wrong.

Adventure Time was only good for its first two seasons, when it was more lighthearted and episodic.

um, no sweaty.

well list them

early pb a best pb

Attached: tumblr_pie6ibkv8r1v198ui_1280.png (1280x719, 732K)

no.

As usual, the good stuff was done by Herpich/Wolfhard, and the rest wasn't so hot.

Not him but he's right, some of the very best AT episodes are in Seasons 5 and 6
>The Vault
>All Your Fault
>Puhoy
>Shh!
>The Suitor
>Bad Timing
>We Fixed a Truck
>Lemonhope pt 1 and 2
>The Tower
>Food Chain
>Ocarina
>The Mountain
>The Diary

Holy fuck I love this show.

Attached: nuclear perfection.gif (500x281, 477K)

>The writers saved their reputation
Pfft yeah, maybe back in Seasons 7 and 8, especially with those miniseries. Season 9 was a fucking joke, barring maybe five or so episodes.

Attached: Abstract (S08E24).jpg (627x627, 54K)

I like Moynihan's stuff too. Him and Alden were a killer duo for the brief time they boarded together.

Oh, you were talking about the finale. My bad. I agree their part was the best. Alden's GOLB transformation was pretty sick too though.

>>It's fine he got completely shafted
He didn't.
>and didn't REALLY stop the war
He totally did.

Read above if you dispute,

>I want him to suffer plus lesbo shipper muh pilosophical duo
Nah

>Suitor
>Lemonhope
>Tower
>Ocarina
>Mountain
>Diary
The rest are fine but give me a fucking break

>Nah
The Mountain, Crossover, Flute Spell, I Am a Sword and Normal Man were all great, get outta here.

And not them, but except Ocarina, those are the best episodes from that list. Bad Timing too.

They're fine, but not the best AT has to offer.

Evicted, City of Thieves, The Duke, Henchman, What Have You Done, It Came from the Nightosphere, The Real You, Death in Bloom, Mystery Train, Go With Me, Hitman, Too Young, The Creeps. All better than that list there.

I like those episodes too. It's hard to compare because they're so different. I just prefer the best stuff from 5-6 than that of 1-2. They tend to have more to chew on. Death in Bloom and Hitman are up there though.

>It's hard to compare because they're so different
Indeed. I just prefer the character's earlier characterizations and personalities instead of the "woah, life isn't what you think it is" shit and turning a world so full of life into a bland, boring 9-5 job complete the depression and arguing with the wife nearing divorce.

There's a kind of phony-creative who thinks bland and gloomy art is clever and sophisticated. They are fools.