What went ugly?

What went ugly?

Attached: BC1858B8-1FA1-4C77-BB3E-33EFDD234D7D.jpg (750x1066, 540K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9ejzqm1KWjg
youtube.com/watch?v=AmRSjZ6EPVk
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Oh wow, I wasn't even aware that this was out. Can't say I'm surprised by the reception, though.

41 y/o boomer here, was this doll line even popular to begin with?

I first became aware of it from the movie Zathura.

Attached: CE5C71C9-1CB3-446D-AAA0-145D48DA9920.png (1600x900, 2.06M)

I need to leave, see you later.

>doll line
Wait, so it's not even an original idea, just another movie based off of a toy IP?
I'd say the studios are scraping the bottom of the barrel, but then again, we DID get Emoji Movie.

Too much feeling invested in an annoying conclusion. The focus was strange it seems to be contradictory sometimes and the story was a little gross. I can't explain myself very well right now. I need to leave for now.

>32%
>animated kids film
That's normal.

youtube.com/watch?v=9ejzqm1KWjg

Yeah. For the shit ones

I feel like I heard Wanda Sykes voicing a character, just an unfunny woman, but vaguely big name. I've seen various ads for the movie that kept featuring voice actors in their live form saying to see the movie, without saying anything about the movie itself.

It's like the studio expected these D-list celebrities would boost their movie that undercut its very concept by trying to make the "ugly dolls" look cute. While at the same time using such a weak story that it can't even be featured in trailers.

29, no clue.

>Pitbull

As I understand it STX was essentially founded to make movies on the basis of bringing a vaguely recognizable star to the table and nothing else, so the advertising you're describing makes sense given that it's emblematic of their business plan.

Even Pan hated it. He was seemingly excited. When a fag like that can't even defend it then yikes.

What's an ugly doll?

>linking to, or even mentioning RT as a credible source

Attached: 432.png (502x323, 166K)

No one asked for an UglyDolls movie, so they shouldn't be surprised that it isn't doing well.

32% for what seems to be a regular, star-studded, "be yourself" flick? That seems a bit low by those standards.
Then again, aggregate site.

When the first time people hear about it is how it underperformed, something went wrong in advertising.

The D*sney dollar is strong.

That's the other thing. It's announcement was very quiet, and the time it could've been primarily marketed (past month or so) was soaked up by Endgame.

My daughter said the movie was for ugly people so we didn’t go

You missed a great opportunity to teach her she ain't all that by buying her a ticket to go see it.

HEY DOLLS!
Yer ugleh

Attached: yer ugleh.gif (250x316, 1.56M)

I think their vinyl toys sold fairly well but they were probably hoping this movie would boost sales to their other products.

Trying to hit that kids market instead of the collectors market.

Attached: 8c22f9ccfc9540008525c051e400a2d5.jpg (521x360, 32K)

The holocaust metaphor was really out of place. I'm not joking either I work at a theater and did a theater check. The villian guy who is blonde with blue eyes talks about how he wants to exterminate all ugly dolls because they don't fit in with his image of perfection.

>The holocaust metaphor was really out of place.
Did Raimi worked on this movie?

I remember it being popular with emo/scene girls

I saw the trailer and made me think "they're trying to compete with Angry Birds and Emoji Movie".

...there was a toy line?! I haven't even seen a preview for the fucking movie yet.

It was a thing about ten years ago. No idea why now was the time for a movie, there's no way any zeitgeist for it is left.

Oh fuck I remember that movie

They wanted to make it in 2011, but the company they gave it to (Illumination) didn't feel like making it.

youtube.com/watch?v=AmRSjZ6EPVk

>villain who wants to kill all ugly things
I thought anons were just joking when they compared this to the Garbage Pail Kids movie.

I remember a gag in that movie about the villain throwing Gandhi and Santa into prison because they were too skinny and too fat.

Don’t forget Playmobile the movie is coming out from the same studio.
STX is the poor man’s illumination at this point

My kid and I saw the trailer for this, and she commented that the moral has been done to death and she was already bored of it, and if she wanted to see a musical we could go to the theater district. Harsh.

Kek. Future user right there.

Janelle Monae deserves better. She was in "Moonlight" for God's sake!

I have large collection of them. They stopped appearing in stores years ago though.

Unoriginal story and themes that have been done hundreds of times, nothing is fun or new, "lol bee yourself :DDD" attitude. It was doomed from the start.

Isn't this just trolls movie?

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 162K)

Yeah she has been in some really bad movies like that Marwen one, unless she's in a hit I don't think she'll be in many more.

Yes, Ugly Dolls were basically knock-off Trolls from 10 years ago now getting a knock-off animated movie long after they've lost relevancy.

I thought they were Burger King mascots

What was up with his Livestream? I felt visibly shaken from all that pregnancy stuff

>I felt visibly shaken from all that pregnancy stuff

>pregnancy stuff

Excuse me, what?

Attached: Scout's Delight and Disgust.jpg (900x900, 553K)