Once upon a time Andrew Garfield's Spider-Man was meant to join the MCU. How would he have fit in with the others...

Once upon a time Andrew Garfield's Spider-Man was meant to join the MCU. How would he have fit in with the others? What would that Spidey's interactions with the Avengers be like?

Attached: What If.jpg (736x601, 123K)

Probably would've filled the same role as Ant-Man ended up doing.

Can't stand Garfield though, happy that he got himself fired after that thing with Kaz Hirai and Spidey ended up getting rebooted again.

>Can't stand Garfield though

He's better than Holland imho.

Garfield's Spider-Man was older, snarkier and edgier than the MCU's. He'd probably quip back at Stark, and I doubt he'd be on his side in Civil War.

Attached: Spider-Man.jpg (968x681, 61K)

He would've been so much better.

Garfield was playing 1994 Spider-Man, Holland is playing Iron Boy, Iron Man's faithful right hand man.

And before that there were previous ideas to reference Raimi's Spiderman

so glad this shit bombed, these movies were fucking terrible

you can easily write off the opinion of anyone who likes the ASM films as irrelevant

That's the first I'm hearing of that. Is that actually true?

>people actually like iron "MR STARK MR STARK" boy

Attached: 1454561059811.jpg (251x242, 11K)

I think Holland fits the overall MCU story better, and his movie is a hell of a lot better, but I still miss Garfield. And his ASM2 costume. It was perfect.

I assume it'd be asstronomical.

Attached: amazing ass jiggle.gif (245x400, 1.98M)

It was a different timeline

went gay for thor?

Story is more important that accurate costume

probably but he was also too cool. Tom Holland though not a real nerd is a dance nerd so it works out in the end.

I hated the movies but I was more ambivelent about him than anything. His spider-man was better but it would've been better to get him out of high school by the end of the first movie but the writers had a "grand scheme" they thought they'd come up with poorly

angry teenage spidey not ready to deal with another corporate stooge? I get it

So Garfield's spiderman was what Tom Hollond should reflect on when his Peter gets older. But I hope to God that Tom never mimics Toby's or Garfield's Peter. Tom has got the teenager thing down just fine.

a good character can carry a bad story
and Garfield was perfect in ASM2
he was terrible in ASM1 though

I'd rather a good character grow out of that than a shit character never be that.
>give me good spidey NOW!!!!

it really is because of the age thing. A lot of comic book writers want Peter to stay as a teenager like in ultimate.

I heard Far From Home will be the last MCU Spidey movie and also Tom Holland's last contract with MCU because his contract is 5 MCU movies, is it true?

No.

6 movies, there's one more after FFH before the Sony/Disney contract's up for renegotiation.

I don't know what gives people the idea that they're going to stop making MCU Spider-Man movies. They'll just draw up a new contract.

>what gives people the idea that they're going to stop making MCU Spider-Man movies

Nobody thinks that, they just know Holland will be removed in favor of Miles Morales Spiderman for the MCU. Only females and POC allowed for Phases 4 and 5.

Okay, but back in the real world that's not going to happen either.

Have sex.

We have to remember that Amy Pascal might make a very strange decision, especially after the success of Venom and Spider-Verse.

>tfw we'll never see Spider-Man vs The Amazing Spider-Man Part 1

I dunno Miles won an Oscar, they did set him up in homecoming, though I suppose killing a character off twice would probably deflate it

They're not getting rid of movie Peter because Sony would be throwing away their property.

But Holland is literally white Miles.

Attached: 6f5e4b1f98773db3f35e1b2b95a19b44.jpg (744x496, 52K)

he wouldn't be stark's bitchboy

why is spiderman always cast as a short actor?

there's another spiderman movie after ffh, holland revealed it himself in some interview

More like he would have cried like a bitch anytime anyone would have looked at him

I didn't even know there was another Spider-Man aside from Tobey Maguire and whoever that new 12 year old Spider-Man is.

Because they want him to be in high school forever rather than just letting us have a goddamn grown up spider-man.

isn't spidey in the comics around 5'9 or something?

he would not be tony's lapdog, but he would feel more out of place

Attached: spiderman-in-the-avengers_opt.jpg (600x440, 90K)

they're short even for high school students

still taller than holland or maguire

This meme is so fucking stupid I can tell you're a casual. Just because they both have fat best friends doesn't mean their the same when their stories and personalities are entirely different from eachother.
>t. hasn't read a miles book just quoting his fav youtuber

>people are impatient retards and still havent leanr't mcu Arcs span across multiple films
you retards are gonna eat your words once MCU Peter has grown up into Classic Spidey

>muh comicsgate
I actually read all of ultimate spider-man and Holland has even less in common with either 616 or ultimate Peter than with Miles.

Iron Lad isn't Spider-man.

Yes, the Hulk movie director wanted a Tibet Macguire cameo in the college scene

In Incredible Hulk in the one first scripts,Raimi Peter was meant to bump into Bruce Banner.

>I didn't even know there was another Spider-Man aside from Tobey Maguire and whoever that new 12 year old Spider-Man is.

were you in a coma from 2010 to 2016?

>you gotta wait several years of a shit character to become a good character
You people are fucking retards.

MCU Stark and Peter are just Rick and Morty

Yeah, since 2017. I slipped on my own shit and hit my head in the washbasin, i was drunk.

spiderman is supposed to be agile and fast.

Wow dude who would have thought character development takes times? It's almost like it too spidey in the comics YEARS of character development to get where he is now.
kill yourself my man

>"I-I acktuhally read all da ultimate spider-man comixs"
No you fucking didn't retard because if you'd actually read and of Miles runs you'd know the only thing they have in common is having a fat best friend. Tell me user, Does MCU pete have an uncle who's the prowler, Is MCU Pete scared to become Spider-Man? Does MCU Pete have a girlfriend who's in Hydra? Does MCU pete live in a boarding school? No he doesn't you idiot because he's nothing like Miles. also I never said anything about comicsgate you retard

Attached: poltards.jpg (960x720, 125K)

Characters over 6'2 generally aren't interesting

Does MCU pete even suffer consequences of his life as Spider-man? No he doesn't. At most he gets an ''Oh you'' moment.

MCU Peter doesn't have a single supporting character from his book, except for aunt May, so that's 1 for 1 with Miles' Ganke. Is MCU Peter under constant psychological pressure from being way out of his element on top of being poor with no support or guidance whatsoever or are his movies slice of life dramas where his school life and superhero life develop independently?

It was his first outing. This is Spiderman from the very beginning. After endgame he's more than just an amateur hero and that will be evident in FFH with Fury present to induct him into the superhero world as he did with Tony, Steve, captain marvel (yuck), and so many others

No it didn’t. Take some more Disney dick up the ass.

Yes he fucking did you retard, Go back and read the Lee/Dikto Run and see how much he's change from then to now.

It's his first outing, Obviously they'd have to do something different to distance themselves from being compared to the previous two Spider-Men. If they had done the same thing you fags would be complaining about it. And yes MCU Peter does have his supporting cats from the comics it's just because they have different skin colors doesn't mean they arent the same character.
>inb4 "n-not muh mary jane!"
In Civil war they state he's a dumpster diver too. Just because stark gave peter a fancy suit doesn't mean he's also sending Peter 10k cheques every month.

I wonder what's your excuse gonna be when Peter stays the same awkward doofus in the third movie.

Stop being a little bitch because no one’s praising Tom Holland. The character in the Lee/Ditko comics was still likable despite being an angry autist in his introduction because he was more introspective and still did shit for himself while having realistic struggles. Disney’s spiderkid is like the Mickey Mouse version of this. He’s also not nearly as likable because his gee willickers im just an excited fanboy that needs to be protected shtick gets old fucking fast.

Because he’s a canon manlet.

Mcu spiderlad took me out of the moment in Tony’s last scene in Endgame. His “Mr Stark-ing” was too much and I just wanted Pepper to tell him to shut the fuck up and let her spend her last moments with her husband in peace.

That's Tobey you're talking about.

Explains Civil War

>and his movie is a hell of a lot better
Oh no

He's retarded

In the MCU atleast, it is because RDJ is a fucking manlet

Attached: vwxfxvmvkhwz.jpg (700x577, 50K)