Everyone who has seen this movie can't remember what it's about

Everyone who has seen this movie can't remember what it's about.

Attached: thor-dark-world.png (746x513, 783K)

Dark Elves wanting to turn all the lights in the Universe back out as they flip Odin the bird?

I rewatched it for the first time since it was new a couple weeks ago. It's still shit, just like 1 and 3.

>Dark Elves woooooo!!

It was about 2 hours

Attached: 1518207424835.jpg (626x417, 49K)

Uh, Thor’s girlfriend went to Asgard and his dad doesn’t like her, and something about shadow demons

Am I the only one who kind of liked it? It wasn't great, but I didn't hate it.

Suck my dick zoomer.

Im with you, the final act was what really saved the movie from being the worse MCU movie. God that was entertaining... Also fuck Darcy...

I liked it for the Loki moments

As much as I love Hemsworth as Thor (Even before Ragnarok), Loki really carried this movie during the scenes he was in. Other than that, Frigga's funeral was beautiful and I liked the overall aesthetic of the Dark Elves... but yeah, this movie kinda sucked. And this is coming from a guy who actually really liked the first movie.

The trailers made it look like it was going to be a Thor/Loki "on the run team-up" movie and I was kind of disappointed Loki ended up being in the movie for like, 25 minutes total.

It’s about Padme trying to resist the dark side of the force as evil jar jar works his evil sith magic on jacked Anakin

It was the best chance to make Asgard something interesting, because of it's failure is that we saw the whole city getting murdered and then shattered in the next movie.

For real, it would be so awesome to see actually Asgardian Space Armies fighting Dark Elves terrorists, with midgard being the only route to Asgard and Dark Elves infiltrating Earth. At the time we still had SHIELD so they could've shown us some SHIELD/Asgard law-enforcement cooperation. We could actually see Asgard trying to keep it's space dominion for once and not getting their asses kicked.

But instead we got the lamest movie of all MCU. And it's all Portman faults too.

I'm so glad her role in EG was literally taken from recycled unused footage from a six years old movie, meaning she didn't get a dime for it.

Thor and Loki are angry. Angry about Elves.

Malekith got the worst treatment of any villain in the MCU. Yeah, most of the villains up until about Phase 3 were fairly meh, but Malekith might as well have been some no-name elite version of the other Dark Elf mooks running around.

Attached: Malekith.jpg (300x558, 47K)

pretty sure she got paid. the christian glover rules.

i'm hoping'/expecting they do some JMS style "gods are reborn/reincarnated" stuff eventually. that's the great thing about the thor stuff. they'll always eventually get Ragnarok'd and then reborn!

I haven't forgotten the key details of any MCU movie but this is one of the lesser movies in the series, for sure.

Thor just gave you the cliffnotes in the biggest movie of the fucking year.

Attached: 1490666400925.png (979x841, 1.17M)

Though, honestly, The Incredible Hulk is still my bottom-of-the-barrel least-favorite installment and is truly forgettable.

I still remember it but it feels so hollow in the grand scheme. The fact that it has absolutely no bearing on the larger arc aside from giving you a reason to dislike Ross when he reappears in Civil War doesn't help (Betty is completely meaningless to his character arc).

Attached: incredible-hulk-key-art[1].jpg (825x464, 56K)

Funnily enough, it’s the shortest MCU movie I think.

I love how it's literally the only one they had to explain to the audience out of the four or so movies referenced and featured during the time heist.

Battle of New York? Everybody knows about it. New York Sanctum? Everybody knows about it. Morag? Everybody knows about it. But Padme having the Aether in Asgard? Those who even knew about it would rather forget it.

I liked that we got to see the Ancient One fight off Chitauri

Loki is the only decent part in the movie.

Still pissed Leader wasn't used in a later movie.

Chris hemsworth looks pig like in that pic

It was pretty good.

Cons...
> Comedy interrupts the end battle too much altho not half as bad as Ragnarok.
> Malekith is unquestionably the weakest Mcu villain and doesn't even have a cool or faithful design, see pic related. Incompetent fucks.
> Thor throwing the flimsy science poles at Malekith at the end looked silly.
> Not much done with Portman or the romance.

Pros...
> Thor's outfit is much better then his suits in Thor1 or Avengers1.
> More for Heimdall to do.
> Loki is fun as always and got more to do here then he did in Ragnarok.
> Kurse is cool looking and fairly menacing, him beating Thor into the ground was fairly brutal.
> Final battle is fairly creative with the portals.
> Frigga's death & funeral is great. Score is beautiful. Thor's reaction to her death, blasting Malekith's face with Lightning was great.
> A little bit more for Sif and the warriors 3 to do.
> Showed us more of Asgard, their technology and history.
> Flashbacks to Odin's father Bor should have been longer but were cool none the less and Bor was perfectly cast.

Only thing I remember is Darcy, people floating in the air and Malekith's big ship. Naked astrophysics scientist. Not sure if I should rewatch it.

dark elves invade asgard and try to kill nately portman

should've made the reality stone do reality stone stuff, not "aether".

It IS the reality stone. They were going for each stone having different forms.

They didn't do much with that in the end though. The remaining stones were pretty stone-like.

I don't really like any of the Thor movies but this one was the best of a bad bunch

thors mothers funeral was the best scene in the movie everything else i forget

>> A little bit more for Sif and the warriors 3 to do.
I still feel like they got cheated and too much emphasis placed on Portman and her shit friends.

>Endgame calls back to all of MCU's greatest moments
>Avengers 1
>Guardians of the Galaxy
>Winter Soldier
>Infinity War
>and... Thor 2

one of these is not like the others

Something about elves and a thing that does red light. And Loki being an asshole.
That's all I remember.

They had no choice, there was an infinity gem in it.

Couldn't they just pick it up from the Collector like Thanos did?

I have to say I appreciate that they at least tried to do a fantasy epic (you know, like Thor is fucking supposed to be) instead of a scifi action comedy or whatever the hell the first movie was.

I look at that poster in the OP and it looks like what I imagined a Thor movie would look like.
Which is why it's so weird that the two movies that are so far from what I want in a Thor movie are actually much better than the one that IS like a Thor movie.

Yeah, Winter Soldier doesn't focus on one of the Gems.

They only had enough for three trips, and also, just walking up to a normal human girl and jabbing a space syringe in her butt and draining out her space-AIDS is like by far the easiest mission, a talking raccoon easily accomplishes it offscreen.

Nah dude it'll become relevant once we get Thunderbolts

It's the story of Loki's epic fight with a bunch of Dark Elves who stole his smartphone and accused him of being in "Dogma".

Oh yeah, and some other stuff happened.

Why using Dark Elves as enemies when they could have put the Dark GODS. The movie title was perfect anyway and the plot was about a cosmic feud between clans, so having other full-fledged deities as antagonist would have worked better.
Oh, and Ragnarok's villain should have been Cul Borson/The Serpent, what with the "secret evil sibling" thing going on.

Attached: Dark_Gods.jpg (1000x659, 322K)

I would totally fuck Darcy

Not as bad as them just getting randomly killed off (or in Sif's case just forgotten) in Ragnarok.

>Thor doesn't even react
>80 percent of the movie just LOL 80s!
Wasted franchise.

You are objectively wrong

I loved the immense disrespect shown to Thor 2 in Endgame, especially with Natalie getting ROCKETED offscreen.

Heck, it's amazing how much Obligatory Romantic Filler was erased from existence as the MCU progressed.

Remember Bruce's love interest in the Incredible Hulk? She was never even mentioned again.

Attached: cd2.jpg (600x457, 35K)

Elves and why you should hate them.
There was precisely one scene in the movie where I laughed out loud and that was when everybody gets teleported around and Darcy's like
>Jane!
>Mjölnir!

I remember hating Kat Dennings' character and the teleporting fight at the end that was kinda fun

>meaning she didn't get a dime for it.

She still did a voice over. And depending on her contract, Portman could’ve gotten residual

Since she was in the end credits, user, I doubt she 'didn't get a dime' for it.

Guy was liking coffee.
And there eas iron golem with stovey face.
It was pretty much a Man of Steel with asgardians instead of kryptonians.
That's all I can remember.

mjolnir flew into space but then turned around

Well, it has thor and loki and they do things.