Which Thanos did you prefer?

The world-weary and guilt-ridden Thanos in the film's beginning, or the cold-blooded butcher of the finale?

Attached: Thanos-in-Avengers-Endgame-and-Infinity-War.jpg (798x407, 58K)

I thought both were great: the MCU's sympathetic version of Thanos was a cool, different take on the character, but I liked how 2014!Thanos was closer to the "cruel Mad Titan" aspect of the character.

Thanos felt much... deeper in Infinity War. Endgame Thanos felt much shallower. Potentially because he was fleshed out in Infinity War, but in any case, I was nowhere near as excited when Thanos was on the screen in Endgame.

Well keep in mind, "Engame" Thanos lacked "Infinity War" Thanos' character development through hardship and loss. He lacked the other's seasoning and experience.

Fuck the second Thanos, fuck the Russos, fuck Disney and fuck all of you shills who defend this shit movie.

Marvel finally managed to make 1 (ONE) good villain just to flush him away like that.

BRING BACK MISTRESS DEATH

Honestly, I wanted to see Thanos meet Thanos and go all "Highlander".

>"There can be only one!"

The Vulture is best MCU villain.
Though only because of Keaton's performance.

People say MCU Stane is boring, but I always really liked Jeff Bridges' performance.

Reminder THIS was a foreshadowing.

Attached: NAh6jFz-1.jpg (1920x1080, 138K)

I preferred OG Thanos as a character that I sympathised with when he cried for his daughter, when he got ambushed on his farm, it was like watching an old man getting bullied.
I preferred new Thanos as a character that I find intimidating, he had just genocide'd a world and had fresh blood on his sword, he was extra psychopathic than OG Thanos because he saw his future self die and didn't have the pain of losing his daughter, and it was more satisfying seeing him die.

Attached: sad thanos.png (1427x1063, 2.24M)

This, killing off the original Thanos was a mistake. They should have kept him around as a red hearing prisoner until 2014 Thanos comes back and somehow the Avengers convince original Thanos that his worldview sucks. Then at the end it's Thanos vs Thanos when original Thanos gets the gauntlet in the final battle, he snaps away himself and the 2014 Thanos's army away

Why did the Russo's mess with his established design at the last second again?

Thanos in GotG makes sense now
>I will BATHE the starways in your BLOOD
felt out of character for the infinity war one but I can see endgame thanos saying that

Well that sounds like a fucking mess but I admire your imagination user.

Attached: 153DF36D-40F3-4813-8785-F42B99BF87BB.jpg (389x471, 64K)

I liked that we got to see Thanos as This Regular Guy.

Because the CGI was really fucking bad.

No one ever seems to mention how young Thanos was nicer to Nebula because he saw his future self mention how he should have been nicer to her.

I thought that too, he was way nicer than I thought he'd be to her but then I realised it was because it was the last words of future Thanos. Maw was ready to choke her out on the spot

Both are actually the same. The original Thanos wasn't exposed to the reality that he left behind since he was killed right after completing his goal.

The Thanos from Endgame is Thanos who had a chance to see the fallout of his predecessor's actions. The original Thanos always had the capacity to become like his successor, he was just denied. The wound of killing Gamora would have healed and, had he not destroyed the Infinity Stones, would have become as driven to end everything anyway once the Avengers attempted to undo the event.

What Thanos seeks above all else is gratitude for making the universe a better place. If he can't get that because the stupid ants he blessed with balance won't accept that, he will eradicate them too in order to gain a balanced universe that is grateful.

it was the same thanos.
He had an idea, a crazy idea, and was ready to do whatever it took to do it and fulfill his destiny.
In the second part of IW he was mourning Gamora.
In EG he had just learned that even after he accomplished his goal people were still trying to revert it, so he was understandable pissed.
But he was the same character, a crazy narcissistic mass murdered who likes to believe he's a tragic hero.

Attached: carol grip.png (1560x1106, 1.6M)

The main thing I can think of that changed over those four years is that Gamora and Nebula had abandoned him. I think maybe it made him reflect on his parenting style a little bit, and become more self-reflective. He says in Infinity War about the chair that Gamora hated “I hoped you’d sit in it one day.” He thought that Gamora would be willing to see things the way he did, and take on his mission someday, but when she left, he first thought Ronan had alienated her (convo in GotG 1), but then realized she hated her life with him.

thanos is ERECT

>Carol looks down as she chokes harder
>Thanos's erection grows stronger
>Carol says "Peter Parker is bigger"

I don't like arguing characterization with Yea Forums.

While I would get pushback on other forums, they wouldn't come with "Holy fucking shit, how dense can a human be?" if I said something that wasn't accepted.

I SAY PENIS
YOU SAY PARKER

As an addendum, I could see Infinity War's Thanos becoming even MORE enraged than even his time-displaced counterpart at the events of Endgame.

That was the Thanos that sacrificed so much to make the universe a better place and yet no one can move on and everyone just wants to reverse it. He would become disgusted and hate-filled and do everything Endgame's Thanos promised but with a more vengeful slant. He lost his planet and the "children" he committed to the cause and it's all for a universe who won't stop until they've put themselves back in the situation he "saved" them from at so much expense.

If anything Endgame's Thanos is just taking a more pragmatic stance towards his original goal. Having realized his counterpart could never have maintained a universe in balance, it falls to him to resolve it without anything to hold back.

As I see it both Thanoses were meant to be seen as a contiguous character with a goal that needed to evolve once the event had played itself out.

Thor murdered a crippled old man in cold blood, and he’s the “hero” of the story.
Thanos did nothing wrong.

Thanos' inevitable MCU return will have him fascinated with Death after experiencing it himself and wanting to be her herald, as another vaguely similar Infinity Gauntlet adaptation doing all the stuff these films didn't/left out.

Attached: 15730._SX1280_QL80_TTD_.jpg (1280x1968, 653K)

>Adam Warlock being introduced in GotG 3
>Marvel Studios has Silver Surfer now
>Thanos's death being easily reversible
>Marvel wanting to go more cosmic, Starlin saying MCU will have more godly characters soon
Yeah, that checks out. Why do another huge over-arching villain when you can just bring the biggest one back again, I guess.

Yeah, but you'd have to watch what you say extra hard because if you argue too hard against the popular opinion, you'll get permanently branded some kind of weirdo contrarian firebrand and eventually they may end up just forcing you out.

I've seen this happen a good bit in traditional communities.

It's the whole double edged sword of Yea Forums. Anonymity makes discussion more pure when you aren't constantly fighting that tribal part of your brain trying to file everyone into little good/bad boxes, but on the other hand, it might've been good to know that that guy was arguing for that thing you agreed with because he was secretly a literal neo-nazi with ulterior motives.

Neo-nazis are bad?

Neo-Nazis are bad?

swing and a miss

Don't bring him back as a villain. Bring him back as what he became in the comics, which is a universal constant - almost like Galactus. Make him act the part of a highly dangerous, volatile anti-hero - whose actions are necessary to destroy some existential threat. Force heros to grudgingly seek his aid, and accept his aid, and you will have a fan favorite.

Yep, pity.