Captain Marvel

Now that Brie Larson has sign 7 movie deal what are your honest expectations for Captain Marvel 2? I personally love this mommy but she is so OP i have a hard time imagining a movie only with her

Attached: 1552568979777.jpg (1634x1699, 210K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=NqntFonA2iY
youtube.com/watch?v=x_2w9X12hKw
youtube.com/watch?v=gbzufs85u-o
youtube.com/watch?v=UaCgxCV2J6E
syfy.com/syfywire/captain-marvel-star-brie-larson-disputes-report-shes-signed-for-7-films
boxofficemojo.com/movies/?page=intl&id=marvel2018a.htm
youtube.com/watch?v=8mYbrWplpfI
wikifeet.com/Brie_Larson
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brie_Larson#Early_life
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Generals are not allowed in Yea Forums nor is low-effort bait
All live action capeshit should be banned too tbqh

Space politic adventures. I imagine 2 is settling the Skrulls/explaining Ronan going rogue and setting him up for how he was in Guardians. I can’t think of any non-Xmen aliens for 3. Would be funny to see the Starjammers.

I like that Endgame showed she’s gonna stay cosmic, that’s cool

More fungus and flat asses.

Attached: D34DF36E-CCEA-4E6E-B830-6FC240A51D09.jpg (1678x1874, 586K)

>Love this mommy

What sick drivel drove you into this world, you unwanted abortion?

Attached: MillerDD.jpg (500x760, 153K)

They have some pretty good writers so I'm sure they'll figure something out but I swear to the lord if she ever gets depowered to learn a lesson about being humble or some shit I will be MILDLY upset

>mommy
She looks, sounds, and acts like a teenager girl. Mommy couldn't be a worse descriptive unless she were man.

I don't like Brie but this kind of posters are really annoying.

And i give a shit because....?

Attached: DFC51BB4-78C0-4A2E-9527-5B8CE9214325.jpg (240x240, 14K)

Team her up with a fun foil (Spidey, Rhodey, etc.) and totally reinvent her character ala Thor Ragnarok.

She's got literally nothing to her personality right now besides "is tough" and "is GIRL". Give her some pathos and something to work towards, something to lose and something to gain.

People wanna blame Brie Larson or incels or whatever but the fact is right now she's just fucking dull. She's boring. She's like what normies and casuals complain Superman is like, but for real.

Reminder that Thor losing everything and embarking on a path to get it all back turned him from the most boring Avenger to arguably the most engaging protagonist in the entire MCU.

Nerf her powers, test her abilities, let her develop a personality beyond "woah she can punch THE HARDEST, YES KWEEN".

Stop being a nerdlinger

Attached: 1528858804650.png (800x629, 577K)

This art is terrible

>All live action capeshit should be banned too tbqh
This.

She rapes little spider boys with her pussy
Arrest her

>Another butthurt DC friend bumps a live-action thread.

Not him but DC is included in the ban too dumbass

Fuck Captain Cunt.
Fuck Marvel.
Fuck Capeshit.
Kill yourselves.

>7 movie deal
MCU is already dead

>Now that Brie Larson has sign 7 movie deal
>7 movie deal

Attached: 1556738707747.jpg (352x300, 28K)

You know what's really sad? Captain Marvel NEVER makes that face, ever.

This, but unironically

Because you are a big piece of orange shit.

Damn I want Tom to sit on my face

>She looks, sounds, and acts like a teenager girl
Teen mom then even better

Attached: 1556821065677.jpg (640x959, 99K)

Attached: 20180722_215755.jpg (867x1732, 615K)

Moonstone because female vs female appeals to my specific interests

Hopefully Jessica Drew!
>She's got literally nothing to her personality right now besides "is tough" and "is GIRL".
t. didn't watch the movie

as long as she gains her powers back by the end of the movie I'm ok with it. Maybe have her lose them, then get infected by the Brood, totally wreck her body only to suddenly trigger Binary so she can explode their homeworld I just want to see some planets die

Attached: carol broods brood.jpg (911x891, 579K)

I'm done with the mcu after endgame I didn't hate it I just ran out of interest in the movies.

I love Carol!!

Go to bed, Brie

see you next Avengers movie

Everybody loves Carol!

Attached: r-zhang-.jpg (1920x3333, 907K)

No seriously I'm done. I saw what wanted to see and a bit more if I'm honest. I got an ending though and that is what counts.

>Captain Mommy

you'll be back

Unironically based.

Attached: CC617D5C-0A4E-4C80-85D3-F58DEE71A999.jpg (927x1200, 262K)

>No Nat
>No Cap
>No Tony
>No Hawkguy
>Probably no Thor either
>"Avenger movie"
They have done nothing to set up their supporting cast to form a proper team with the same chemistry as the original six. Hell, the Avenger lineup at the start of Civil War kind of sucked, and now they've lost even that.

Why does she have to be a bitch?
She's literally RDJ but bad.

She isn't. Have sex.

>but bad
RDJ was always bad. Personally I never got what people saw in him, he's grating and off-putting with his egomania, and felt nothing when he sacrificed himself because it still felt somewhat selfish.
I just don't see it, I hate people like that. Arrogance and confidence is one thing (which is why I never had an issue with Carol), but Tony is always stuck in asshole egocentric mode.

Captain Marvel 2
A-force
Avenger5
Captain Marvel 3: Secret Invasion
Siege as Valkirie's love interest
Cameo for Spiderman movie
Avengers 6
Renew for another 7

Attached: 1552885269346.jpg (660x2117, 707K)

Lesbians more like thespians

>Goose's faces in the last panel
Every time
Also most of these movie deals are for cameos, so you better trim those down a little bit and add some for GOTG 3 maybe.
Captain Marvel 2 is a given (pic related), in any case. Secret Invasion might be an Avengers kinda thing in the same way Civil War was (a reduced cast but still more than just the titular), Spider-Man could happen also, and maybe down the road when there's a fully cosmic team-up movie (Annihilation, perhaps?) she could show up there.

Attached: D3FMtcsU4AYC8_W.jpg:orig.jpg (1599x800, 266K)

I'm talking about in real life, RDJ just comes off as a cocky funny man but still kinda nice, Brie just seems like she'd sue you for asking for directions.

>Brie just seems like she'd sue you for asking for directions.
I don't see it. In fact, you'd definitely get that exact reaction, unironically, from JLaw: youtube.com/watch?v=NqntFonA2iY
I think a lot of the reactions towards Brie Larson have been overblown on purpose just to have something against her, because once you get to the thick of it, it's always mild stuff at best. Even the whole "hurr she made Don Cheadle uncomfortable" thing was debunked in detail by him.

Brie is the nicest person in the world, what are you talking about?

youtube.com/watch?v=x_2w9X12hKw
>incels have ruined fake rivalries
sad.

Attached: IMG_2284.jpg (1280x1943, 799K)

I hate posts like this because I know they're ironic on purpose, but there's always retards who take them seriously and start screaming "Carolfags!" while drowning actual replies that address the grievances or criticisms.
No she's not "the nicest", she's a celebrity, she's a regular person. That doesn't means she's the racist, "misandrist" monster people pretend here.

It's not ironic though
youtube.com/watch?v=gbzufs85u-o

fpbp

Oh god, I actually gagged. Tell me this pic is photoshop and she wouldn't actually wear open toed shoes if she had that going on

Attached: 1446136806281.webm (960x540, 2.96M)

She's just that delusional. Sorry user.

wow, really? Congrats to her. I hope we get Kamala eventually. Spider-boy team is inevitable, I think. Does Disney own X-men, yet?

>implying Captain Marvel wasn't dull as dishwater because, despite all the potentially interesting shit that happened around her character, the protagonist hardly did anything beyond smirk and blow shit up
It was a boring fucking movie. Literally the only time I've ever checked my watch in an MCU movie, and I've seen Thor the Dark World.

Literally the only interesting character moment she gets is when she just blasts Jude Law and then doesn't kill him. She leaves zero impact on the rest of the movie because her entire appeal is established as nothing but "she's TOUGH and she's A WOMYN".

After watching Endgame Nebula is my favorite Guardian.

>Does Disney own X-men, yet?
Yes it does, but they won't introduce them right away, specially not after they just released Dark Phoenix.

>"I disagree but can't refute your claim so I'll resort to an ad-hominem attack instead. Also, your worth is inherently tied to the amount of women you've acquired, thus reducing them to little more in my eyes than a kind of sexual currency."

Why no one calls her Captain Marvel in universe?

He gets away with it because 1) the movie constantly calls him out for being a fuck
>Pepper shuts down his romantic advances HARD at the end of IM1
>his whole "poor me" act in IM2 alienates his friends and almost gets civilians killed
>IM3 is all about Tony's past selfishness coming back to bite him in the ass yet again
and 2) there are moments of legit heart that help soften him
>his relationship with Pepper from IM2 onward
>his mentoring of Peter
>his bromance with Happy and Rhodey
>him being a dad in Endgame

Carol doesn't really have any of that. She's got like one moment in her movie where she's nice to baby Monica and the rest of it is just her being this perfect invincible epic messiah who can do whatever she wants and get rewarded for it because Hillary lost the popular vote or whatever. They can easily make her endearing, they just gotta make her eat a little shit. Audiences connect more with characters who are humbled, who have to struggle and grow and overcome odds. It's hard to connect with an invincible plank of wood who is either angry or smirking condescendingly.

Carol literally only has 1 movie, and like 10mins of another. I have confidence she'll get plenty of time to cozy up to the audience.

>I didn't watch the movie but I'll regurgitate /poltv/ memes to try to seem hip

Attached: 1556482740689.jpg (600x900, 180K)

I'd be totally fine with this character if it was anyone but Brie Larson. I can't stand that smug judgmental face she always has.

>Even the whole "hurr she made Don Cheadle uncomfortable" thing was debunked in detail by him.
He commented on it?

yes, he said people were making shit up

Give her the /ss/ treatment

Attached: 1556886499710.png (800x651, 89K)

I hope they shelf Danvers and make a Kamala movie.

Kamala is cute.

Shit taste.

Attached: D3SGQ44UIAASNp2.jpg large.jpg (1000x1000, 103K)

This is the most recent because someone made a video about "body language" and some shit, clearly not getting that they were doing a routine during the interview. But there were previous tweets where he dismissed the whole thing without going into detail.

Attached: Screenshot_2019-05-04 Don Cheadle on Twitter.png (640x535, 79K)

"this pic is photoshop and she wouldn't actually wear open toed shoes if she had that going on"

Tony's jackassery was a lot more charming in a pre Elon Musk world.

>7 movie deal
Do you think they regret it now?

>That fucking fourth panel
Yee

Attached: 7b9.jpg (326x326, 16K)

>Make her Spider-Man's mommy GF
>Reinvent her like Thor with some buddy movies
>Kill her off in her last movie as a twist because she's supposed to be unkillable
>give Spider-Man a large Story Arc like Iron Man

>The same poison that is killing marvel comics is now seeping its way into the movies as well

Thank god we got endgame when we did.

Attached: 1350354389849.jpg (2048x1152, 108K)

Source?

Faggot

>incels
Didn't the person who made this go viral a married woman? lmao

Blah Blah Blah, Who the fuck cares if some twinks have been angry at her. Why the fuck do people care if these people care on hating her and misrepresenting her? Just a bunch of idiots on both sides that don't know when to shut the fuck up and stop typing shit.

Wait do you guys actually think he wouldn't try to defuse the situation with a co-worker during the time of a major movie release?

So who's going to be her villains in her Movie? Are they actually gonna give her an opponent stronger than her and making Big bad Thanos not much of a big deal since Cpt. Marvel was clearly stronger than him and could've just solve the problem if she was anywhere near the purple meanie.

Stop trying to deep dive into this. Nothing was going on, they weren't actually being whatever you think they were being, they were just having friendly banter. Its all in your head.

I'm not commenting on that one way or the other, but "He said it's okay so its okay" is kind of retarded since people lie for PR like, all the fucking time.

Well, at least she wasn't raised on Randian Objectivism in her movie.
That is something, I guess. She is not canonically ruined.
But you are absolutely correct in that she needs some wants, some fears, some goals.
So we need to see her to get some problems she cannot punch away.
Maybe crippling loneliness because being this powerful is incredibly isolating.
That would be a foe she cannot punch. On the contrary, the angrier she gets the harder it will be to connect with others as they fear her power.
So she flies beyond the stars, oscillating between complete isolation and the fearful worship of entire civilisations when all she really needs is a friend.
And that's where the pop song for the second movie goes.
Reamonn: Supergirl

Feige already said that the sequel will be set up in such a way that the challenge won't be physical, so Carol can't just punch her way through her problems.

is what I'm thinking too, CM2 should be full on space politics. You can't dismantle a galactic empire by just blowing stuff up and the Supreme Intelligence is, by definition, a more elusive threat. I'd say that Carol will find herself in a war of attrition with the Kree, not making any real progress because she's more of an interventionist coming in fucking shit up, rather than working a grassroot resistance, while we'll get to see more factions of the Skrulls than just Talos' cell (and Feige, or whoever, also said that the other Skrulls have a very different idea about how to proceed in the conflict too).

I think the overarching arc for Carol will be about her realizing that she needs to be more than a blunt instrument, needs to work with the galactic communities to bring about a real change and opening herself up to other points of view and accepting assistance. Becoming less of a soldier picking arbitrary sides and more of a general space hero. On a personal level, that will be mirrored by her alienation and isolation from her roots on Earth, represented by aged-up Monica.

You know, the DCEU Superman angle really does fit Carol pretty well. But for it to work with clarity, they'd need to tone down the aspirational role model push and I'm worried they are in no rush to do that. And this isn't even a political thing, the MCU almost always pulls its punches when it comes to the more challenging aspects of their characters.

>Carol literally only has 1 movie, and like 10mins of another
Tony was able to endear people in less than 1. Carol has no excuse, especially when she's blatantly trying to rip off his gimmick.

> (You)
>Feige already said that the sequel will be set up in such a way that the challenge won't be physical, so Carol can't just punch her way through her problems.
Of course. Maybe she get like depowered and get ass kicked by another woman in maybe the 3rd movie or something.

Wasn't Doctor Strange accused of being Tony Stark with magic three years ago? Maybe the reality is just that all these characters are the same egotistical jackass, just each with a different gimmick.

>how to destroy a franchise in 7 movies

>Wasn't Doctor Strange accused of being Tony Stark with magic three years ago.
Yeah, Strange should have been a stone cold asshole in the last movie rather than just, like everyone mentioned, Magic Tony.

But I guess a super dick would have been too much of a turn off even with the redemption for himself he gets at the end of the movie.

I think Derrickson and Cargill were aware of that, but you know - the Marvel formula reigns supreme.
>youtube.com/watch?v=UaCgxCV2J6E
Tony never got a scene as nasty as this.

Hear me out.

Adult women have no souls though they once did.

Females are born with souls. Little girls have souls and they express their good nature all the time. They're loving and caring and beautiful. But at some point in teenage years when that little girl turns into a woman, her soul escapes her. The soul rises to heaven yet leaves behind the rotting corpse, the physical flesh that we perceive as adult women.

Women are not living beings, they're walking corpses without morality or any kind of complex thought. You can see this in their behaviour, in how they think and their interests. There is no soul in their body.

The sad reality is that females die before they hit adulthood, only having an incredibly brief life before leaving us and leaving nothing but their corpse to pester and haunt us.

Hi Sim.

This is stupid because if he hadn't said anything, you'd say he was basically "confirming it", but now that he said it, he's "saving face". There's no win here; in the end he's sticking up for his coworker, it's not a novel idea.
Besides who the fuck takes the time to make a "body language" video just to shit on an actress further? Jesus.

>Tony was able to endear people in less than 1
Not everyone, I still don't like him, and in fact him doing a 360° on Cap at the beginning of Endgame and his utter refusal to think outside the box until he pursued the idea on his own out of egomania pissed me off. Specially when he later drove to Avengers HQ and told Cap his priority was to bring everyone back, "but keeping what he had achieved already", no room for sacrifices for him, when everyone else had lost everything.
Sorry but Tony Stark in the MCU is the sort of character I would never empathize with. Curiously enough I sort of like him in the comics when he's a very driven engineer with deep insecurities, but not in the movies.

I've always liked his portrayal in Civil War the best, because that's squarely focused on the most interesting elements of his character, but shown naked and raw, without embellishment. It makes him arguably even less sympathetic, but ironically, I found more empathy in response to that, myself. He felt more real, flawed and vulnerable there, just another fuck up who got in over his head and now desperately struggles to pick up the pieces, instead of an obnoxious playboy who styles on everyone in the room.

Yes, that portrayal was more humane because it sat in direct juxtaposition to the loss of his parents and the guilt he felt over his creations and actions doing so much damage. Flawed as he was (and egotistically so), he still felt real. Whereas in Endgame he's the only, and I mean ONLY one of them who doesn't care about trying to do something because he moved on successfully with his family.

movie 1, carol danvers same faces every scene and punches out all enemies no contest
movie 2, carol danvers same faces every scene and punches out all enemies no contest
movie 3, carol danvers same faces every scene and punches out all enemies no contest
movie 4, carol danvers same faces every scene and punches out all enemies no contest
movie 5, carol danvers same faces every scene and punches out all enemies no contest
movie 6, carol danvers same faces every scene and punches out all enemies no contest
movie 7, carol danvers same faces every scene and punches out all enemies no contest

I honestly don't think the MCU will last enough for her to be in 7 more movies. I know people have been predicting it's death since Avengers 1 but with the conclusion of the "10 YEARS OF BUILD UP" it have to lose some steam. I would not be surprised if I'm completely wrong

I'll endure Brie Larson for a few years if it gives us Rogue

Well yeah you kinda are, considering these are confirmed projects:

Black Widow
Shang-Chi
Eternals
Black Panther 2
Doctor Strange 2
GOTG3

Captain Marvel 2 is anything but announced, and Thor 4 was pitched. That's 7 at least, and all under the Phase 4, meaning a 5th phase would start actually setting shit up for the next "big thing".

but will Brie be in all of them?

Thank God Chris Hemsworth stuck around to carry the franchise

Not a comic fan just work in a store where we sale comics. Her comics never seem to sale and I've kept track of this by contacting other stores who have also reported the same thing and looked up sales figures. She also seems to get a new #1 so often it's crazy that Marvel keeps hurting themselves trying to push her comics despite poor sales and constant reboots.

>what are your honest expectations for Captain Marvel 2?
Endless whinging from Mr. Incel.

Attached: ANTIDISNEYPLAN.jpg (1082x948, 341K)

Upset? I hope that fucking happens. Her egotistical flat-ass needs to be taken down a notch.

No, of course.

>She also seems to get a new #1 so often
People keep repeating this shit that it's become an urban legend. She doesn't get as many #1's as other characters, it's just how Marvel operates. Plenty other series have gotten #1's recently too but you don't see any complaints.

Attached: captain_america_#1.jpg (2300x700, 527K)

Oh and I forgot to add the Captain America Annual #1 that came out last year, not too long after the #1 with Coates.

Attached: 693974._SX1280_QL80_TTD_.jpg (1280x1969, 567K)

I'm aware of those but she seems to as of recently get more #1 than the others. Marvel seems to want to premote this character a lot and I don't dislike her or know too much about her besides bits and pieces. I've asked around and I figured it stemed from the shit storm that was known as Civil War 2 I'm guessing?

>I'm aware of those but she seems to as of recently get more #1 than the others.
"she seem" doesn't correspond with reality.
She barely just got a new series with Thompson, and last year she had a miniseries with Stohl, after her ongoing ended (which also got a Legacy renumbering as every other series). Captain America has more #1's than hers and that's only counting Steve Rogers, because if we add Sam Wilson's to the numbers it's even worse.

>I still don't like him
Well OK then

Attached: D5Q7y0MUEAAIJ9a.jpg (746x861, 110K)

Good thing we're all allowed to have opinions, right?

Captain America is character I can understand why he keeps getting #1's but why Captain Marvel as well who seems to be a literal nobody to me and the general public who aren't really all that knowlegable on the comics?

>literal nobody
Her movie made more money than Wonder Woman, user.

So now you're moving the goalposts, alright.
Captain America had 3 (read, THREE) different series under different creative teams in the span of 2 years (Spencer/Waid/Coates), and one of them lasted like 10 issues. Had he not been one of the oldest characters, you'd say he's been "pushed".

Literally the only reason for that is because it was the final movie before endgame. If it came out afterward I'd be surprised if it did half as well, especially after the hilariously tepid response to all of CM's scenes.

>Literally the only reason for that is because it was the final movie before endgame
Which is why Ant-Man & The Wasp did so much money, because it came right after Infinity War and before Endgame, and on top of that with "more likeable characters" and all that jazz, right?
Hard logic at play here.

So? I've always known who Wonder Woman was but not Captain Marvel. I don't care how much much money a movie a made all I care about is do I actually recognize her.

Saw her trailer and thought it was neat but I was asking my boyfriend who in world is she again.

Seething.

Attached: 1549430661953.jpg (690x720, 105K)

>So? I've always known who Wonder Woman was but not Captain Marvel.
A lot of the characters Marvel chose to put in movies are fucking unknown to the audience. Not sure exactly what you're implying here.

I'm not moving anything user just trying to figure out why the literal nobody got a movie over other Marvel female heroes? Captain America is iconic so him being pushed isn't a big deal.

I'm not whining nerd and why are you getting bent out of shape for me not knowing who your fictional wife/girlfriend is? lol

Simple, she's not iconic along with those other nobodies and she never will be and even a "normie" like me understands that.

That makes no sense and you know it, but since you decided already to dislike her, there's no reasoning with you.
>oh she's not iconic except her movie still was seen by countless people so people already know well who she is and can recognize her but yeah she's not iconic because reasons
>just trying to figure out why the literal nobody got a movie over other Marvel female heroes?
Because the other female heroes have barely any runs or stories (and yes, she has decades of it), they are marred by film rights or are simply less known. It's that simple, and has been explained several times.

Pretty sure at least some of that is drawn specifically for a Yea Forums thread.

>Now that Brie Larson has sign 7 movie deal what are your honest expectations for Captain Marvel 2?

I want Marvel Studios to actually trust a female director to direct a female superhero movie.

Isn't Eternals going to be directed by a woman?
Still
>fired Patty Jenkins
That sure worked out for them, huh.

Carols movie was directed by a woman user.

Oof

Ewww

Attached: cat sad.jpg (300x300, 22K)

No we don't shill

AM&T was fucked by Marvel because it way more important to Endgame than Captain Marvel but it had less marketing. It was sold as a palate cleanser instead of a must see to understand Avengers 4.

Captain Marvel marketing didn't mention Endgame and still made a billion. Keep seething.

Attached: 1556213760796.png (1280x1804, 2.19M)

Cuz womincels went to see that movie 10 times

Hmmhm. And how about those sold out theatres with only 3 people?

Carol loves girls! GIRLS!

Attached: D1lIoPIXQAUcCdu.jpg (1000x1250, 107K)

GotG3 is my last stop on the MCU ride so as long as they keep Fivehead McToeshrooms out of that they can do whatever the fuck they want with her

Attached: C-hEy7vXUAEIvZf.jpg (1118x936, 97K)

you are subhuman and worth nothing

Why do femcels worship Brie Larson so much? Nebula, Natasha, Wanda, and Mantis are right over there but this is what you idolise? Captain Shoehorn? Really? You're a bunch of weirdos.

Attached: 1523925278651.jpg (264x292, 28K)

you cant function as a human carol fag kill yourself

The problem is that, from a writing perspective, her two onscreen appearances left her no fucking room to do anything to distinguish herself other than shows of force.

She spent most of her origin movie overcoming mental programming and memory wipes, so that version of Carol isn't at all indicative of her as a character because she doesn't even become "Captain Marvel" to any meaningful degree until like 20 minutes before the credits roll.

And then you have Endgame, where she doesn't have a lot of screentime and that's a good thing. Endgame had enough stuff going on as it was closing out the previous decade of the MCU, spending time on developing Carol there would have been insulting.

So the next movie with Carol in it really needs to give us a much firmer, more fleshed out idea of who she is as a person. Because even if you want to go with the pretty empty portrayal of her in her origin movie, that was 2 timeskips ago. People change a lot in 40 years.

The good news is that they have a free pass to do whatever they want with her personality to make her more interesting. But they have to actually do something with it.

Personally, I would make her defining character trait be that she likes fighting a little too much. She has overwhelming power, so make her dilemma be not whether or not she can win the fistfight, but rather whether she is right to be making this into a fistfight in the first place. Toy with the idea that if Carol doesn't reign it in and ground herself with a moral compass, there isn't a difference between her or any of the alien warlords she is fighting aside from the fact that the warlords stick around after they wreck a planet.
Tie this into the fact that she stopped coming back to Earth for like 30 years because she was too busy fighting, despite the fact that it looks like she can make that trip in less than a day.

Well canonically Rogue steals her powers and puts her in a coma. I'd be down for that happening as a way to introduce mutants as well.

>has sign 7 movie deal
Sorry to burst your bubble user. I doubt any kind of sequel is happenig soon.
syfy.com/syfywire/captain-marvel-star-brie-larson-disputes-report-shes-signed-for-7-films

Attached: imgonline-com-ua-twotoone-DKPILg9iQ6bL4auv.jpg (2669x1081, 930K)

Jokes aside, OS doesn't care about that bs and the Endgame effect ain't strong either, unlike murrica where it's topping Shazam somehow. I liked it, just get a better script for the sequel, having Brie playing Bucky during the first part was a waste.

Attached: 1553966419801.jpg (650x1090, 74K)

Goddess.

I do love the japanese version of Captain Mommy

Attached: damn carol.jpg (350x357, 18K)

Do you have an actual rebuttal?

Op super heroes suck. Captain Marvel is fucking boring

Ant man is the true hero since without him showing up thanos would have won. Mean while captain Marvel much like america showed up late twice.

Fuck off dykes

With a man too

>

Attached: download (1).png (201x250, 5K)

>when they're still seething
>and you're still the new face of history's greatest media franchise

Attached: D5vAWoPUwAEyy8a.jpg (1024x576, 81K)

Pre-Shilling Carol>>>>>>>>>>>>>Post-Shilling Carol
why'd you post a picture of carol when you're talking about black panther

Attached: eggdab.jpg (887x960, 57K)

I'm not a huge fan of her voice, but I love her updated hairstyle in Endgame.

Attached: 1551917004773.png (323x449, 144K)

reminder that captain marvel is the reason drax's family is dead

Attached: c2dd51a5ee70b76cf140dfe59bf04a2d1507060874_full.jpg (662x327, 31K)

I expect it to be set in the past, feature an adult Monica and the events that lead to her powers in one of the instances CM comes back to earth for a visit.
"But why wouldn't she be in Endgame then?!" Cause Lieutenant Trouble is fucking busy leading some crazy missions with NEXTWAVE on another planet.

I really gotta watch this show

I don't like her. Will avoid Marvel movies after Endgame.

Because its all about pwning men

be cool if she fought the brood

Man, ppl love hating on Brie online, but Captain Marvel still hit 1 billion in the box office internationally.
I guess it's only American's that are triggered by her

> ppl love hating on Brie online
Only losers who can't read social interactions or dig too deply into m-muh feminism comments.
Normal people don't give a shit.

There's more emotion in these five panels than in her entire goddamned movie

GGGAAAAAAHHHHH

#prayforphase4

No we don't.

She is.
And even if I had sex with everyone in the world, she still would be.

It's not difficult to be nice to little girls.

Even so... No. I am not making that comment, it's unfair.

No underlying logic.
In the comic, Mar-Vell signed his name in a hotel as C. Marvel and it stuck and became his superhero name, which Carol eventually inherited.
But in the movie Mar-Vell has no powers and uses a fake name anyway.

Soooooo... even the title of the movie is a lie.

I wouldn't be if that's the only thing they changed.

Wow.

Congrats. Suddenly Brie doesn't seem so bad anymore.

I suspect they are just trolling and actually don't give a shit about either Larson or Carol.

>puts her in a coma.

For a few hours.

Oh thank god.

>Larson enjoys playing Carol about as much as we enjoy watching her
>But five mil is five mil

>15 minutes of screentime in Endgame

Let's face it, the days of big crossover Marvel movies is over. Maybe there will still be a good solo movie here or there but the time to introduce Carol into the MCU would have been around 2010. Marvel realized what a toxic situation they had created in trying to force Carol into front and center, which is why Thanos cunt punted her out of Endgame's climax.

>muh billion dollars

Yeah, from China, the country that runs clickfarms.

Attached: 1428024801009.jpg (530x450, 166K)

Brie Larson is a Goddess among us, perfection, pure perfection, my Queen, my reason to live

Attached: myfuturewife.jpg (2000x2400, 814K)

>Normal people don't give a shit.
This, but expect people here being like "EVERYONE WAS ROLLING THEIR EYES AT HER" and similar stuff, like you'd think if someone was so reviled, they wouldn't have gone to see the movie and it would've had a steep drop from the first weekend. It just doesn't add up, even if you factor the whole "Endgame was a month later" thing.

>Yeah, from China, the country that runs clickfarms.
No, she didn't really have that much of a box office in China in fact, Black Panther got $100MM and Captain Marvel got $150MM (Black Panther was way more popular in the US), whereas Endgame got $511MM.
And I mean, your entire post is ridiculous, but I had to point that out. South Korea, Mexico, United Kingdom and Europe in general contributed more to the box office than China did: boxofficemojo.com/movies/?page=intl&id=marvel2018a.htm

>Now that Brie Larson has sign 7 movie dea
Nice fake news.

This unironically

Attached: D5fOUzkWsAAp6EB.jpg (698x920, 67K)

don't do it
its fucking awful and the OC characters looks so out of place when the meet the marvel heroes
Having said that, I still love japanese magical mommy Carol
youtube.com/watch?v=8mYbrWplpfI

shit...

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 79K)

she's pure perfection, my Goddess, my religion

Attached: Brie_larson.jpg (325x499, 29K)

wow guys...you must be so desperate
I mean, she's cute and her scene with Thor in Endgame prove it, but it bothers me some stupid shit she said and how political she is
Captain Marvel character is still shit in both comics and movies

This, but unironically. Had she not brought politics into anything, a lot more people would have seen it.
For all her faults, she has A LOT going for her, and I say this as someone who was more or less repulsed by her in the beginning.
The more you actually delve into this personality and learn about her, the more likeable she becomes.

Attached: D5av9tbUUAAas2l.jpg (1080x1027, 166K)

You people do realise that if its a 7 movie deal, she's already done 2 so 5 would be left

WHY is it so wrong to make love to a 13 year old Brie Larson?

Are we actually supposed to believe that sex is absolutely harmful in no way whatsoever unless a girl under the age of 18 touches a penis then she magically and instantly gets every mental disease known to man?

you can't do secret invasion because her movie already showed us that the skrulls dindu nuffin

>the skrulls dindu nuffin
If that's what you got from it then you didn't understand what happened. Talos himself admits he took part of the war, the group she encounters were (mostly) innocent, but they still were part of the war. The Kree are still pretty damn evil or sketchy, but that doesn't mean there can't be nuance for the Skrull. Painting a whole alien race as "evil" is pretty dumb when in the comics you have plenty of heroes such as Kl'rt.

Pretty much, sometimes autism stays in the internet. Specially when you have social media filtering stuff, like there were people actually believing there was no hype for IW and such. Niggas who care too much about "social issues" live in their own bubble and have almost zero influence on the mcu fanbase. Though it was kind of fun when shit descended into /x/ levels of conspiracy.
So it will hurt you when Talos Jr betrays everyone.

Mediocre, like Captain Marvel.

Carolfags are the new Ashifags

unfit ugly racist and subhuman you are all without value

Carol is the best

Attached: goddess.gif (268x268, 355K)

you are lower then a dirt i can kill you and be called a hero

she's such a cutie

subhuman and will die alone

one loser

Thats it get the gore poster from the las Caption Marvel thread in here.

>like you'd think if someone was so reviled, they wouldn't have gone to see the movie and it would've had a steep drop from the first weekend
It literally did not matter whether people hated her or not. Marvel said she was crucial to Endgame so people saw it regardless of quality.

Based. Fuck post-Endgame MCU

"Marvel" did not say that though.

feminism

you have never seen a woman IRL

Them soles are on point tho

Attached: Brie-Larson-Feet-4114576.jpg (1350x621, 117K)

>And how about those sold out theatres with only 3 people?

Attached: Hamblyface.png (427x570, 544K)

>your honest expectations for Captain Marvel 2?
It's going to be set in the past right? I guess Carol going to Kree-Lar to stop the Intelligence? Skrulls turning out to be not so innocent as Carol thought. Maybe troubled Genis with experimental Kree nega-bands and who Yon-Rogg manipulates and Carol empathizes with and tries to help but he's batshit crazy and she has to confront him. More Ronan but this time have him do something interesting and give him some fucking depth. We get to see Supreme Intelligence's true form.

Not liking shit doesn't make you a shit fetishist, Carolfags soooo dumb.

I want Talos to show up again. An older/adult Monica could be cool too.

>Maybe troubled Genis with experimental Kree nega-bands and who Yon-Rogg manipulates and Carol empathizes with and tries to help but he's batshit crazy and she has to confront him.
I like where your mind is at. Wouldn't change it one bit aside from adding Kree Sentries in there, I really would love to see them on screen (which would eventually negate the need for mutant Sentinels).
>We get to see Supreme Intelligence's true form
According to some of the 26mins deleted scenes descriptions, we get to see who Yon-Rogg gets when he visits the Supreme Intelligence... Himself

See, now, this is just stupid.

If Larson were here even she would say "See, now, that is just stupid."

It's amazing. These trolls are so retarded they are actually making me sympathize with the poor woman. If this is some reverse psychology it's masterfully done.

>WHY is it so wrong to make love to a 13 year old Brie Larson?

Because it would break the space/time continuum.

A faction of them.

If we work from the notion that this version of the universe is more or less the same as the CMU, the Skrulls started out as a vast space empire until the Kree attacked them. In the comics, this ended in a stalemate. If the Skrulls had been that less effective, they would have been defeated. Now we have thousands of tiny scattered Skrull tribes.

Even in the comics, the Secret Invasion was the work of a single faction of fanatics which numbered maybe a few thousand.

Things would get interesting if someone (Like K'Lrt) decided he was gonna unite the tribes and restore the empire to ifs former glory and if they decided Earth was the 'world that was foretold' to be their new home.

It's a shame they never did anything with the notion that Earth is a cursed world for the Kree - a planet that drives them insane if they stay on it for too long and where they can't even breathe properly. An ideal world for the Skrulls.

Ashi means 'foot'. I don't know what to make of that bit of information.

Is that some kind of lighting effect or... what is that? Oatmeal?

Otherwise, nothing wrong with those feet. Makes sense. She's small and pretty slender.

I still wonder what was going on with that red carpet shot. Who would let her go out like that instead of with fancy shoes?

Is practically going barefoot at red-carpet outings a tradiion for Hollywood women?

wikifeet.com/Brie_Larson

>I want Talos to show up again.

He didn't die and he was about the best thing in the movie, so...

Another thing I just don't get. There's hundreds of named Skrulls - Raksor, Straxx, K'Lrt, Paibok, Zedrao, Zabyk, Dorrek (that would actually have been more appropriate... instead of the cowardly, selfish emperor, he becomes a brave resistance leader.... that would make his wife R'Klll, who of course loves him now since she hated him for his cowardice in the comics, and the little girl would be Anelle)...

So who do they pic to lead the shape-shifting Skrulls?
One of three Skrulls ever who are known not to be able to shapeshift, and in fact the first one of those ever - Talos the Untamed whose entire DEAL is that he can't change form (and that he is trying to redeem his honor even if he has to die do to so).

Wouldn't they just use Veranke? I know Marvel's adaptations are always loose at best, but she's one of the few things people remember about the Secret Invasion after all these years. Also, a female villain is a natural fit for a female-led franchise.

She will be put in a situation where punching won't solve the issue apparently. How convenient of a way to never show her in a physically vulnerable spot. Fuck, even superman was made to look weak but Captain Manvel shown as such.

God I hate the fact she could've just solved the problem just by being on earth.

...Yeah, you're right.

It's kind of toxic in its own way to have female heroes facing female villains though.

What do her farts smell like?

What's stopping them from recasting Cpatain Marvel now that avengers introduced time traveling? They could have Steve punch baby Carol in the face such that she grows up to become Gal Gadot

Adam Warlock is going to be the big of the next MCU phase, stuff is going to get more cosmic focused. Marvel is going to be fine power wise.
Wonder what they'll do with Valk, is she just going to be the off-screen leader of her people or are they literally going to go with female-Thor?

Will Carol be as villainous in the MCU adaptation of Civil War 2 as she was in the comics? I feel like Brie wouldn't be okay with that. Also, since Tony is dead, who will be opposite her? Maybe Pepper, if she becomes Rescue. Or, will the MCU go full comic bullshit and revive Tony, with a different actor if needed?

>Adam Warlock is going to be the big of the next MCU phase, stuff is going to get more cosmic focused. Marvel is going to be fine power wise
But no one is going to be more Powerful than her.

Why would she be shelved for Kamala? They are not the same character you piece of normie trash.

Kamala sells better than Carol.

They already messed up his continuity anyway.

Attached: Power.jpg (960x934, 276K)

Ozone.

>the MCU adaptation of Civil War 2

Right after the MCU version of 'Original Sin' and 'Fear Itself'.

I honestly don't get it.

Maybe they can introduce a sort-of weakness by having her needing to recharge every now and then by orbiting a sun for an hour or so. Imprison her in a lightless room - a tiny, lightless room - until she is relatively powerless and she has to use her normal Carol Danvers abilities to break free.

>Cap Marvel
>Endgame
>Next Big Marvel Team Up
>Sequel
>Cameo In A Kamala Movie
>Cameo In A Monica movie
>I Don't Know

>No one is going to be more powerful than her
Well first off, what makes you think that? Yeah she nutted Thanos a bit she lost to him, and 'no one' implies that armies don't exist, or that situations don't exist. Marvel could face an army, she could face threats where pure strength isn't a factor. A film could be about character. The fact that someone is powerful doesn't mean you can't have them in a working film.

Hulk is a heavy hitter throughout the whole of the MCU and its been fine, same with Thor. Frankly I'd be more concerned about Iron Man if they hadn't killed him off, he was basically a fucking nanotech wizard at the end. At least Marvel has started off strong.

I think in her solo movie we'll be seeing more character building, armies and big bads. If all else fails they'll just nerf her anyways. The MCU is shit for keeping powerlevels consistant anyway (No stone Thanos in Endgame being able to hold his own against Thor, nanotech Iron Man and Captain America with hammer).

And again why would she need to be shelved you absolute plank. She is PART of Kamala's story, the fact Marvel is now in the MCU means we are more likely to get Kamala, because her story kinda doesn't make a single bit of sense without her.

I think CWII will be something they'll want to avoid. The first Civil War had normalfag recognition bonus and there's a decent amount of nostalgia for the story even among the comic book fans, even if they don't particulary like the story. CWII has neither and it doesn't even have a cool gimmick to make it salvageable like Spider-Verse.

Until I'm proven wrong, I believe they're going the Hickman route for the next grand arc, where I could easily imagine Carol and T'Challa taking Tony and Steve's role in the New Avengers/Illuminati, so the obligatory big hero conflict could stem from that.

There is no seven-picture deal. Both Marvel and Larson have openly stated so.

>I feel like Brie wouldn't be okay with that
Why would the actor get any say in the matter? Dance you fucking monkey. Civil War 2 was shit, and its unlikely they'll do it any time soon, given Iron Man is dead and they already had a Civil War arc in the first phase. So its a moot point.
>Will they revive Tony
If I had to make a bet, I'd say the kid from Iron Man 2 will the new Iron Man, they didn't drag the actor into Endgames scene at the end for nothing. They clearly wanted to remind people he exists.

>take the teenage Carol Danvers super fan that is Kamala
>call them Monica
Why? I'm surprised this hasn't been mentioned more. Monica was made super stereotypical and bad in the MCU. Maybe we could get them in got water for being racist?

Brie was a big part of the behinds the scenes for CM. She didn't write or direct, but apparently she put her foot down and vetoed stuff.

I wonder what stuff.

rent free

Attached: is it.png (355x135, 4K)

Back to tumblr with you, fujoshit.

>all that spacing
>Wow
>Congrats

Get the fuck back to the normie side of the internet with your shit taste and shilling.

>souls
Get the fuck off this board you obsessed schizophrenic.

This board has fucking incessant waifu threads every fucking day but this is what gets you? Lol

>Infinity War ends with a plug for her movie
Shocking

Will Marvel ever admit it was kinda racist to rewrite Monica to have a stereotypical deadbeat dad?

Ha. If only I were a normie.

Did they even refer to her dad at all in the movie?

I know this word gets thrown every which way nowadays, but this is what an actual incel sounds like.

>There's hundreds of named Skrulls - Raksor, Straxx, K'Lrt, Paibok, Zedrao, Zabyk, Dorrek (that would actually have been more appropriate...
But that's your mistake right there, in thinking they could use them. Protip: Marvel only had rights to the Skrulls as an alien race, but none of the named characters that already exist, as part of their shared deal with Fox. So they could use them, but none of the established Skrulls that debuted in Fantastic Four comics.
The same goes for the Watchers btw, the reason why they could randomly appear (as a race) in GOTG2, but no Uatu or others specifically, that debuted in F4.
So Talos it is, since OC characters aren't part of that deal.
Because despite your obvious bait, that's not how time travel works in the MCU and you weren't paying attention in Endgame.

Did you sleepwalk through the movie or something? Monica wasn't either stereotypical (the fuck?) or made into Kamala, she was basically Kipp from KSD's run, the little girl who helps Carol regain her memories. And she was not at all bad either.
Kamala has yet to be introduced according to Feige.

Ronan debuted in FF and is in fact the first named Kree ever.
Talos is not an OC character, but well-established.

So that's your mistake.

Oh god, I hope they don't ruin her.

Captain Marvel is the weakest movie in the MCU and her appearances in Endgame were cringey and shoehorned as well. She doesn't even have a personality. All she has is power level wank.

fun fact: in that scene with Deadpool that actually isn't Carol at all.

Who is it? Mystique? Moonstone?

No she doesn't. Her #1 wasn't even at Carol's #3 level.

Attached: Screenshot_2019-05-05 Comichron March 2019 Comic Book Sales to Comics Shops.png (717x652, 70K)

>Unironically swallows the cool-aid
user...

second from the right isn't a number one and the middle is technically the start of a new book since Falcon was still captain America at the time

You're splitting hairs. The second from the right was the beginning of the Legacy renumbering, but they made sure to put PART 1 on the cover so that one sold #1 numbers; not to mention it was the beginning of Waid's run, not the continuation of Spencer's or the beginning of Coates', it should be taken separately.
Also if you remove Captain America with Sam Wilson, you'd still need to add the Captain America Annual #1 released last year.

As long as her role in non Captain Marvel movies is reduced to what we saw in Endgame, it's not that bad.

Just keep her mostly isolated within her own franchise and the MCU will be safe.

Are we really counting annuals like that? I think spider-man is the only one who has been popular enough to continually have them through out his over 50 years of constant publishing

That's simply because Spider-Man is one of the few runs in Marvel that has lasted long enough to have Annuals, but X-Men Red, Blue, GOTG and some other series have had Annuals both recently and in previous years. But #1's count and those definitely are.

How close together are those, though?

The last three happened within the last 2 years, so pretty close enough. 2017 actually saw two different Captain America runs, and the beginning of another.

Amazing Spider-Man rebooted twice in the last couple of years too and that's the one book Marvel should feel absolutely no need to renumber, yet they did it. Venom is on its third volume since Flash's tenure ended and he's Marvel's best seller too.

This is just how they do things now.

Was Yon-Rogg in love with Carol? Even though he was manipulating her for the good of the Kree, it seemed like he did have a genuine fondness for her.

>Brie Larson has sign 7 movie deal
And with that the MCU is dead. Get ready for 7 bombs

Based Brie currently averaging over $1.5 billion dollars per movie
Keep seething incel

Attached: 1538683303175.jpg (1080x1350, 142K)

Well if $1.2 billion is a "bomb", then bring them on!

Fun fact: She actually hasn't signed jack shit.
Still based and a cute regardless.

Attached: me on the left.jpg (600x442, 82K)

I waiting for Rogue and Nova to make her irrelevant

meanie

Attached: 1554678861316.jpg (428x594, 61K)

>two nobodies no-one cares about
>making best girl irrelevant

Attached: OgZiFFe.jpg (3368x5052, 1.39M)

Captain Marvel was a mistake and Brie Larson was a bad choice to play her. Carol is only interesting when she's a unintended fascist written by people who claim to be anti-fascist but who in fact do not understand what fascism is. Pre-crime, notHitlerYouth, making fun of Magneto for being the "guy that calls people nazis" Carol is peak Carol. Everything else is too generic to live.

>implying an ugly bitch has any chance with a southern belle
le keketto. Rogue has many things that Brie will never have. For example, ASS

>wasted hours editing his samefaging

you are subhuman

Rogue doesn't exist.
And when she is introduced (a big IF), she won't be related to Captain Marvel at all.

>Captain Marvel was a mistake
One
Billion
Dollars
In box office revenue. Get it through your thick skull already.

Oven sales were pretty lucrative in 1930's Germany, doesn't mean that its success wasn't a mistake

Edgy.

See you for Tuesday Carolthread Yea Forumsrps!
Captain Marvel week!

I think he viewed her more as a daughter.

But then, my headcanon is that Yon-Rogg and Mar-Vell were a couple before she grew disillusioned with the Kree cause.
She asked him to join him and leave, and he said he never wanted to see her again when, of course, he should have killed her on the spot.
Duty versus love. The Supreme Intelligence told him he could redeem himself by executing her... and when he did... he felt heartsick. And here was this crazy little monkey waving her gun at him, and he just didn't want to kill anyone else that day. he just wanted the engine, her work, to restore some of her honor, posthumously.
And then the monkey did exactly what a Kree warrior would have done, what he would have done: she destroyed it rather than having it falli into his hands.

So he adopted the monkey. And he trained her as best he could, he even gave her his blood, so maybe one day she could be a Kree warrior in good standing. To him, the highest honor... to her, of course, an obscene abomination.

I feel they missed a lot of beats in this movie.

Is it really a victory if the crown is made of shit?

A lot more people care about them than they care about Carol.

1940s and Poland. But good try

>Now that Brie Larson has sign 7 movie deal what are your honest expectations

The MCU to go to shit

Nah he was just a glory-seeking shithead who didn't want to come back empty-handed.
See also: his last scene.

Attached: carol-read.jpg (1263x720, 464K)

>A lot more people care about them than they care about Carol.

Attached: 1444355261874.gif (288x198, 1.45M)

>A lot more people care about them than they care about Carol.
Why don't they have movies then?

Someone is gonna kick her ass. That is how you make a compelling story arc for her. Have someone like Gladiator show up and mollywhop her.

>lol a good character arc means you have to get beat up

Attached: 1547739679325.jpg (1856x772, 143K)

Are you fucking stupid? No, having a character that doesn't expect to meet a physical equal or superior meets one and has to cope with being the underdog again.

*that is a good good story idea

Having Carol not be the strongest would be a crutch for bad writers.

Attached: Ms. Marvel 020 (2007) 019.jpg (2063x3131, 1.35M)

I know. My headcanon is better.

You think that's funny? But it's still true.

Rogue is literally the first X-Man to ever be on the big screen.
And Carol got there before Nova because Marvel - quite late - decided it was time to have a feature with a female main character and unfortunately didn't opt for the Widow.

I don't really understand why they are pushing Carol so hard these days. The window for that has passed. She's been useless ever since they gave her to Stohl.

>She's been useless ever since they gave her to Stohl.
Well good thing it's Thompson who's writing her now.

Attached: Captain Marvel 003-003-fs8.png (1728x774, 263K)

Nah Carol is way more popular and just plain a better character than either Dick Rider or skunkhair.

In superhero comics? Yes. Yes, that is what that means, dear.

>Having Carol not be the strongest would be a crutch for bad writers.

Okay. Write a compelling story that incorporates the premise Carol is the most powerful being in the universe. That's canon for the MCU, now, since she proved stronger than Thanos (And yet, somehow, nobody had mentioned her before, despite being active in the universe for about 20+ years. How come she never took care of the Thanos problem before? He's been killing half the population of planets for at least that long, given Gamora's age).

sure that's why all the best superman villains are things like doomsday, imperiex, evil superman, another evil superman, an evil guy who dresses up like superman, and... oh wait no those are all garbage

Having Carol be the strongest is an underdeveloped universe would be bullshit and you know it. Let's see your profound ideas, how about that?

Yes, 'ever since'. Thompson is showing she can fail just as hard.

Weak bait.

I wonder whether there even ARE real Carolfags. I wonder whether there ever have been.

Fun fact: this very effect ended up literally killing her and it required twenty-four baby MODOKs with reality-altering powers to resurrect her.

However, Zod, Brainiac, Lobo, and others have proven to be classics. Also, try a new angle that is original. You have to expand the universe. Introduce a cosmic being for her to have to deal with, or a character that they couldn't previously use (someone like Gladiator. I know Shi'ar is X Men territory, but have her deal with some of them). What ideas do you have?

Yes, Carol has much better villains.

Like, for instance -

Um -

It's either that or the writers have to come up with excuses to why she's not currently kicking the baddie's ass with one hand tied and while sipping tea like they did with Endgame (where she only showed up for like 5 minutes total to anticlimatically kick Thanos' ass until the power stone conveniently knocked her out of the scene long enough for the other characters to wrap up). A more intrigue-based plot like Civil War's or a villain who straight up can't be defeated with brute force might work, but no clue of how they'll fit that in her feminist shtick

carolfags are not people

Carol has no special immunity to telepathy. Odd how that never is used against her.

>TFW Moondragon could have her on all fours, barking and panting like a dog for the enjoyment of Phyla-Vell

A lot of what makes Supes' rogue gallery work is that he is unwilling to use his full strength against people weaker than him. The climax to Carol's movie is her toying with the Kree fleet because they can't possibly hurt her and she can destroy them whenever she wants. It's not equivalent.

This is half of what I am saying. That 2nd Idea you gave is similar to what I suggested in a much more refined manner. I just think it is a prime time to introduce a character that could catch movie goers' attentions. If you have a bad guy (from space) show up that can match her, it becomes far more compelling because she has yet to meet a physical match beyond Thanos one on one. It will make her grow in the eyes of audiences in that it will make them see her as more than a walking overpowered plot device.

>Thompson is showing she can fail just as hard.
Hahaha, nope. She's miles ahead Stohl.

>it didn't die
Huh.
What did you pick up for FCBD Yea Forumsrps?

Attached: FCBD2019.jpg (1692x1125, 365K)

I respectfully disagree.

Stohl sucks, but in a completely different way from Thompson.

Besides that, Superman has well-established weaknesses. His "big blue boy scout" demeanor, his secret identity, kryptonite and the need for a yellow sun roughly in that order. He has a wider supporting cast that is more vulnerable than him proper, and when he's with a team he contrasts nicely with other less "perfect" but more practical characters. The sheer enormity of the Superman mythos with over 80 years of publication also helps

Carol has none of that; her powers are flawless, she gives zero fucks about authority, her moral character is a lot more cutthroat and her supporting cast don't really need her help most of the time. Hell, early Golden Age Superman resembled her yet that characterization never shows up anymore except in deliberate homages. If he still was like that or like Carol, we wouldn't have a Lex Luthor anymore because he would have gotten thrown into the stratosphere decades ago. You can decide whether that's a good or bad thing, but it's a factor regardless. It follows that a brash and agressive character would be more PROACTIVE, and thus make more lasting change to his setting than the classical reactive superhero.

There's only so much entertainment value in stuff like Superman lock up mining tycoons in a collapsing tunnel or beating up a wife beater. Generally people want some tension and tangible stakes in their media, and making a powerful character more flawed or at least more *limited* and *nuanced* in his use of that power tends to be a good way to achieve that.

>create cinematic universe that builds up to one final film
>cinematic universe shtick is that watching all the movies prior to big teamup films is required
>release penultimate film 3 months before final film
>GEE GUIS, LOOKS HOW MUCH PPL LUVD IT!!1!
If CM would have been released after IW:E or in year prior to IW:E it wouldn't have seen near a billion. It's box is purely an artifact of its release date. CMs success is business strategy, not viewer demand or high-quality craftsmanship.

Cope.

Supes having physical weaknesses means normal humans like Batman and Lex Luthor can take him on with the proper tools and planning.
They'd be completely screwed against Carol. She's untouchable.

SEETHING

Attached: 1554525300704.png (514x674, 298K)

she got beaten up by an old lady, watch the damn movie

mystique?

actually good post, well done

Attached: 1553402619075.jpg (1280x1656, 568K)

no it isn't
t. woman

I think it should contained to a single topic

the skrulls would be good villains if they introduce some evil ones. there's a problem you can't immediately punch in the face.

i think what you mean: superman is a love story. between him and lois. superpowers don't help him with that. so it works. just give carol more friends, that's literally all you need to do.

I have seen this before. 11 times to be exact.

yes you are

SJW themes, SJW themes everywhere.

>Team her up with a fun foil (Spidey,

Fuck you. Tom is pure and must be protected.

You two need glasses and hearing aids. She's one of the most repulsive celebs I know. Arguably, looking at her background growing up, she was doomed from the start.

>they were doing a routine during the interview.

Ahaha, were they fuck. Goldstein & Goldstein gave him a ring, I reckon.

>Arguably, looking at her background growing up, she was doomed from the start.
Explain please.

Are Carolfags the new Synderfags?

>Besides who the fuck takes the time to make a "body language" video just to shit on an actress further? Jesus.

A body language expert who's made a lot of fucking body language videos, you dumb cunt.

It would be hilarious if she "designed and directed" the STRONK WAHMEN ASSEMBLE scene in Endgame.

Just read the early life part of her wiki, it's self-explanatory.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brie_Larson#Early_life

That was the best part of the movie so I hope it was her, that'd be neat.

that doesn't make it any less stupid...who gives a shit, why do people get this obsessed with celebrities

Listen pal, if you did a second of research, you'd know she does stuff she's interested in (non-celeb) but she also does requests (like the Brie video). The viewers are obsessed if anything, and they obviously give a shit.

Are you serious? That's some peak cringe right there.

>why do people get this obsessed with celebrities
You could ask yourself this same question with how hard you're defending her.

If she thinks Don Brie and Chris are anything other than close friends then she's a fraud, so who cares?

SEVEN MOVIES?!?! shit.

Tbh, I liked Captain Marvel more than I thought I would. the 90s aesthetic was comfy and the cat was badass. Hyped for captain Marvel 2. Would let Captain Marvel dominate me

She alledgedly doesn't even know who these people are nor their interrelations, she just reads their body language.