Why is it impossible to make a good Hulk solo movie?

Why is it impossible to make a good Hulk solo movie?

Attached: 3f17c8c83398efe794525a5f0d5a13fe.jpg (1009x1400, 349K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/a51pBD7kCM8?t=139
youtu.be/Bnh2AplyKi4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Already happened back in 2003

People like you should be castrated.

Universal Studios

Attached: Hulk 2003.webm (640x346, 1.61M)

Stay mad, MCUfag

Because the dr jeckal and mr Hyde dual personality storyline has been done to dirt. And the only good arc hulk ever had was stolen for ragnarok. Get rekt nooblord

What I would be mad about? Your complete failure of a movie?

People only recognize the Hulk as a child-like powerhouse, and getting into the more nuanced aspects of the character now would probably take too long and alienate people.

The 2008 movie was pretty good though, even if a falling into the same pitfalls every other adaptation does.

Also, you know, Universal Studios is a pack of bitches.

>t. casual who doesn't read comics before 2007.

This is THE Hulk youtu.be/a51pBD7kCM8?t=139

Because... Well, even as someone who doesn’t like Hulk, I can admit that he can tell some good stories. You can mix mad science, military and psychological stuff, plus monsters and the like, and get good results. They can’t do it because it’d be too much hassle, and mainstream appeal Hulk gets boring after a while, so they just bypass him.

Hulk can make a good movie. The problem is that directors keep:
>focusing on his inner struggle
>focusing on the military

There are 2 good ways to make a Hulk movie:
>Hulk kaiju-ish movie
>use the Professor

I always loved Ang Lee's Hulk look. Such a big and meaty boy. And the comic transitions were fun to watch.

You know, with Godzilla; King of Monster (2019) coming out it would've been neat to later see this year a Hulk movie where he has to fight other gamma monsters/beings while trying to stay balanced as Prof. Hulk.

Attached: image0-22-1.jpg (578x574, 35K)

>muh Professor
You know he as other versions besides "dumb" and "smart", right? You could have the thuggish and hedonistic Gray Hulk/Joe Fixit, the more brutish but still intelligible versions of the Savage Hulk that appears from time to time, even the more recent ruthless and manipulative Devil Hulk.

See, this is the exact problem I was talking about. There's a Hulk for every kind of story you want to tell, but there's only one version in the public consciousness.

The fact that nobody else seems to make that sort of correlation astounds me.

People like to watch movies of monsters wrecking shit, and they are even more popular if they embody some existential anxiety or social trauma.
And fractured psyches, mental illness, victims of abuse, multiple personalities, and so on have proven time and time again to be popular topics for film to tap into.

Hell, if Immortal Hulk's popularity has proven anything, it's that not only is it perfectly possible to create an interesting character study within a monster mash story, but that audiences will read and like a Hulk who is more than just a catchphrase and green muscled violence. There used to be a time when normie audiences had a kneejerk rejection of any attempt to add character to Hulk and now look at how popular MCU Professor Hulk is just for not being what they think The Hulk is like.

It really shouldn't be that hard to make a great Hulk movie and Marvel is seriously missing out if they don't tap into how changes in culture have allowed The Hulk to flourish as a character more than he has before.

Attached: why would hulk want to be human.png (944x476, 1.09M)

I dunno if it's a trick of this webm, but the CGI looks pretty good here. Especially for 2003.

youtu.be/Bnh2AplyKi4

Ang Lee's Hulk proves my point exactly about how audiences are much more accepting of a Hulk movie now than they were before.

The major criticism that was constantly leveled at it was that it "didn't have Hulk being Hulk", as in, it didn't give people enough monster fighting and big punchy boom boom stuff, as it was mostly dramatic and kind of slow.
Now granted I think there were a number of issues with the movie and I wouldn't even call it a good movie, but I think it had the beginnings of a great idea in how to tackle the character.
I think there is great potential in Hulk's character that goes beyond the usual tropes people think of when they think of Hulk stories. Like this guy said, there can be a Hulk for every kind of story and there is a lot more to him than wether he is just dumb or smart.

Frankly, there is no reason why Godzilla can have 30 movies around the same premise and still deliver great spins on the subject decades after his inception, why there can be an entire genre of film dedicated to celebrating monsters wrestling as a form of expression, and yet we can't even have a single great Hulk movie.
Hulk should be America's Godzilla and he deserves much more than the rep he's given.

Attached: HuuH.jpg (613x800, 312K)

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
LOOK AT THIS GUY

Attached: simp.png (479x355, 300K)

>Hulk vs the dogs
>Hulk vs the army
>Hulk vs his dad
Weren't these enough?

>People only recognize the Hulk as a child-like powerhouse, and getting into the more nuanced aspects of the character now would probably take too long and alienate people.

I'm hoping that after the Professor Hulk's appearance in Endgame, they won't think this anymore. I'm back to hoping to see the Grey Hulk in a movie again, though that'll probably never happen.

Casuals go to see a Hulk movie to see Hulk. What they get (usually) is 2 hours or so of Banner trying every way possible to not turn into Hulk.

It’s kind of obvious.

Yep, pretty much this. A Hulk movie is hard to work because the Hulk literally requires CGI to exist. It's just a massive budget sink and because of that, a Hulk movie is hard to do. It's literally why we'll never get She-Hulk in the MCU, because we already have the Hulk, if they added She-Hulk then they'd have to CGI TWO Hulks constantly.

You have to give the Hulk DIALOGUE.
Not just "RAWRRRR!!! ARRRGGGHH!!! "ROOARRR"!!!
Hulk is damn entertaining when he's actually allowed to speak.

Attached: Hulk3.jpg (480x360, 20K)

Yeah, that bit with him and Thor in his pad was great.

08 Hulk already did it. That factory scene is so good. I want Blonsky back.

I don't get it either, hulk is basically a humanoid version of Godzilla and attitude era WWE. The concept of manliness meets monster is more than enough draw kids and turbonerds.

They need to take influence from this run.
Have Shield give Banner funding & a lab to make super science stuff, tools, medical cures and such and in exchange he lends the Hulk to be Shield's personal battering ram against threats that normal Shield agents can't handle.

Attached: hulk-now-3_4.jpg (534x712, 88K)

>Hulk fighting dogs

Garbage and you know it

>Hulk fighting Army

A 5 min scene out of a slow paced slog of a movie

>Hulk fighting his dad

Happened at night and you couldn't see shit

i would spit on you if you were physically near me because this is one of the worst hulk runs ever

It's hard to relate with a raving berserker.

I think now with Disney dollars behind them, Marvel can do a good Hulk movie if Universal let them. I'd like to see a story where Banner and Hulk are perfectly in sync. Like Venom.

But that run sucked.

I wish we'd get Doc Green.

Really? Of all the runs to choose from, you pick that? If you had at least said Jeff Parker's run, that would be entertaining.

He looks impotently angry.

Yep.
That's some show-boating for sure.
Always hated that move, even though I'm big Hulk fan.
The most egregious error either films made was not having the origin story as:
Banner makes Gamma Bomb.
Banner blows himself up with said bomb, while saving retard.
Banner and retard become friends/ Banner is doing General's daughter.
Army vs Hulk.
Abomination.
Leader.
It's an easy script, already validated by comic R&D.

Because the movie audience wants to see the Hulk being a big dumb green punch monster, and that's actually not that great a character for his own movie. No one outside of the comic readers, who aren't the intended audience, gives half a fuck about any of the different shitty flavors of Hulk made up to make him slightly interesting.

which is why Planet Hulk would be a perfect candidate for an MCU movie, but Thor: Ragnarok ruined it

Because none of the films seem to do well with Banner. They have a bad habit of making him bland.

Add to the fact that some people just loathe CGI in any form.

2008*
FTFY

I bet they could get away with doing Planet Hulk anyways.

fpbp as per usual

True. Just as we've only gotten one version of the Hulk, we usually only get one mode of Banner as well. Actually mining the comics instead of aping the 70s TV show for a change would fix things.

Nah, it's too recent. Adapting Jarella and the Microverse, on the other hand...

You are no longer allowed to partake in any conversation about the hulk

Would audiences be too brainlet for MCU Immortal Hulk?

>Universal Studios
Thiss. Disney doezn't want to give distribution money to Universal.

People would definitely be put off by him being actively malicious coming off of Endgame's mild-mannered version.