Aren't mutants pretty much asking to be feared when they unironically call themselves "Homo Superior"?

Aren't mutants pretty much asking to be feared when they unironically call themselves "Homo Superior"?

It'd be one thing if mutants like Magneto and Mystique used it, but when the "unifiers" like Xavier do , what are non-mutants supposed to think?

Attached: 20190503_110726.jpg (617x744, 330K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6t1UOoS79gc
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

That mutants are pretentious assholes that could attack us "inferiors" any time?

The X-Men don't really make all that much sense in the marvel universe do they? Within their one stories they are always feared or hinted and everyone is a bigoted asshole one way or another, but the rest of the marvel universe doesn't work on this logic so the whole dilemma falls apart once you introduce them to a bigger fishbowl.

It's just the scientific name

Pretty sure “Superior” isn’t Latin.

It is, dumbass.

Nah, it is. Just checked a dictionary.

They're already embracing being called another species, why half-ass it? It's not like anyone actually believes that horseshit about mutants being human anymore.

Wake up you sleepy head
Put on some clothes, shake up your bed
Put another log on the fire for me
I've made some breakfast and coffee
Look out my window and what do I see
A crack in the sky and a hand reaching down to me
All the nightmares came today
And it looks as though they're here to stay
What are we coming to
No room for me, no fun for you
I think about a world to come
Where the books were found by the Golden ones
Written in pain, written in awe
By a puzzled man who questioned
What we were here for
All the strangers came today
And it looks as though they're here to stay
Oh you Pretty Things
Don't you know you're driving your
Mamas and Papas insane
Oh you Pretty Things
Don't you know you're driving your
Mamas and Papas insane
Let me make it plain
You gotta make way for the Homo Superior

youtube.com/watch?v=6t1UOoS79gc

>Superior
it's latin for 'above'
which proves OP's point, really

If muties are Homo Superior and not Homo Sapiens, then why do they think they deserve to be treated better than any other primate?

Doesnt even have to be a real attack. People's mutant powers suddenly and explosively turning on for the first time could be catastrophic, even if it's a complete accident or they can't control it. Like in the cartoon where Cyclop's optic blasts suddenly go on and cause a crane to drop off a skyscraper into a crowded street.
Or that one comic where a kid woke up with the mutant power "everyone in the vicinity dies horribly" and had no off-switch.

Let's see how the Homo Superior deals with his greatest foe STAIRS!!

Humility is a very important thing Xavier.

X-Men are at best enjoyed for the characters themselves but as an allegory to prejudice it's the most retarded thing ever.

>call yourself homo superior
>get routinely blown out by an alcoholic loser like tony starks and an actual retard like the incredible hulk
Superior homos are still homos. Fuck muties and fuck X-fags

Attached: 898.jpg (680x453, 59K)

Actual retard fucking distroyed half of them in a fight

ok user but that's just how they are you have to accept them :)
and don't even THINK of even suggesting curing a mutant

So what? you know what other word has the same meaning as Homo Superior? Übermensch.

This whole mutant deal would end pretty quickly the day some X-men with Gunhands shows up.

Attached: the-gunman[1].jpg (489x549, 50K)

>Homo Superior
>Homo
Fucking SJW and their propaganda machine, I swear to god.

So?

Homo means man in lating
Homo Sapiens means thinking man (humans)
Homo sexual means lover of man (gays)
Just because homo became an abbreviations for gays doesn't mean the original use of the word doesn't apply anymore.

It means that both Magneto and Hittler where using the same general term to distinguish their group from the common folk.
So is OK to distrusts mutants.

Homo means same in this context, not man.
Also it's a joke.

OP is homo superior LMAO

Are you autistic? No offense intended, just want to know.

>call themselves homo superior
>get justifiably curbstomped by normies with little to no powers on a regular basis
I know the whole “X Men being allegories of prejudice is retarded” thing has been beaten to death but I can’t see how in any world the opposite of their situation is supposed to happen when they regularly cause havoc and mayhem everywhere. Just take that kid who nuked an entire town and ate their souls or whatever crazy shit he did, it was so bad Wolverine had to personally kill him so that mutants don’t get an even worse rep, something that he somewhat regularly does. What does that tell you about them? And instead of mutants trying to keep each other in check since some are just naturally destructive, they instead sperg out and wonder why everyone else hates them.

Attached: 242807F3-D76F-493E-AA27-F208329C08AF.jpg (582x528, 53K)

There's a reason why we're named homo sapiens and not homo superior even though we're the only human specie that still exists.
Scientific names are often descriptives, not self-masturbatory.

Sapiens means wise

When chimps start wiping after they go #2, they can be called wise too.

And when flat scans can naturally shoot lasers out their eyes they can be called superior.

>did somebody say SUPERIOR?!
Seriously though, Stark and his obsession with Transhumanism and “muh future”, should cross over with the X-Men more often. Especially since the U-Men and The World are a thing.

Attached: CCBBC98E-AC30-4FC1-9D08-7835895A854E.jpg (904x1369, 179K)

Attached: epic_lulz.jpg (600x582, 68K)

>Stark doesn’t secretly wanna be a cool tech-Mutie
>implying
The guy’s entire thing Post-2000s is NANOMACHINES, SON!

Attached: 341DF835-0C4E-4954-9C62-9C0E67D80C8F.png (899x452, 216K)

Hideo Kojima's Iron Gear Man : STARK would have been great, especially if followed by Platinum's Iron Gear Rising : Avengeance.

I misread it before. But yeah, a Kojima Iron Man game could be kino. Make it a Zone Of The Enders/Vanquish/MGS mesh. Same goes for X-Men. The franchise fits Kojima like a glove.

I got you buddy. Kojima's X-Men could only work if people went bonkers with the gameplay like in Sengoku BASARA or some kind of Max Anarchy / Anarchy Reigns type of brawler while Kojima does the scene direction and scenario writing.

Attached: Iron Man Game.jpg (929x761, 157K)

Nothing superior about mutants when majority of them have either a useless power or some sort of deformation that decrease their quality of life and chances of mating.

Attached: the only good mutant is a dead mutant.jpg (1219x965, 686K)

are there any mutants not assholes? Longshot doesn't count he's an alien

This isn't OP sir.

The worst ones are the ones that develop psychic abilities because it's easy to spot a guy with scales or wings or a chick who manipulates fire, physics you never really know and depending on how powerful they are and how quickly they grasp their abilities you probably never will.
Mind control and mind reading man, they are walking invaders of privacy and a national security threat.

homo-different-but-equal

They can also make you gay.

just because it's latin for above doesn't mean it's latin in it's current english usage context. kind of like how we have taco bell and it's not mexican.

fucking minorities i swear to god

>just because it's latin for above doesn't mean it's latin in it's current english usage context
So? Listen retard, even if you take the English meaning of the word "superior" it still has the same context, they're saying that mutants are higher on the chain than the average human, they are going out of their way to claim they are of a higher rank, they are above, they are superior to the common Man.

How'd you like to be cured of "legs", flatscan? Or "fingers"? "Eyes"?

>even if you take the English meaning of the word "superior"
Well, then take the english meaning of homo.

Too late for

well is better .... i mean at they are not a joke like the Homo Sexuals

I'm not that big on X-men, but haven't there been cures for the x-gene?

>physics

That was in Ultimate. very different characters.

Reminder that mutants aren't even separate subspecies from homo sapiens so the homo superior shit is literal bullshit. It's a single fucking gene's difference and there's a fuckton of inbreeding.

Kitty, Jubilee, Logan, Scott, Betsy, Doug, Rahne, Sharon. Jean, Hank, Ororo, Sean, Bobby, Namor, Franklin, Rachael, Hope...

>separate subspecies
Separate species. Abbos are a homo sapien subspecies, homo superior isn't, and no, there's no actual science for the x-men, it changes with every fucking writer

Uh, flattie...take a moment to re-read.

Prolly autocorrected "psychics".

their main problem is that they all take an identity around their special abilities. The world needs plumbers, but would you work a menial job like that if you could turn invisible?
you'd be a sucker if you did.

Pretty sure it was just Magneto at first and then it stuck and they all use it

Isn't Magneto's normal shtick that when muties take over Human's will just be either third rate citizens or outright slaves and only be allowed to do that menial shit or does it ever actually touch on it

Isn't Random basically gunhands?

Attached: 817Z6YLpAgL._SL1500_.jpg (997x1500, 378K)

Like everything, they flip flop on it. Stop trying to assign a sort of characterization or canon in Capeshit. Keep the stories and characteristics you want, declare everything else as noncanon fanfics, and you’re set. Otherwise it’ll drive you mad.

how often does he even succeed at this shit? There was that one comic where he does, then Nightcrawler steals the villain spotlight but that is the only one.

Back in the early days he used to have underlings and acted more like Doom. The closest to what you’re describing is Ultimate Magneto who was complete nuts, but all in all, I thought he was a good enough character. It made sense for him to be that way instead of backpedaling every other Sunday.

My Hero Academia is a good example of what the world would be like if the vast majority of humans have superpowers.

Save for the Omega-levelers, having powers literally doesn't make you special anymore. And not having superpowers makes you a genetic freak that gets ostracized/pitied by everyone around you.

Attached: 160312899-352-k661221.jpg (352x550, 59K)

>Logan, Scott
>Not assholes

Attached: 1556648813637.png (743x627, 77K)

it's not even scientifically accurate, since they don't represent a separate species

literally just mutated

Are whites pretty much asking to be feared when they call themselves the "master race"?

The homo on homosexual is Greek, dumbass.

The crossover that would save the X-Men comics.

They are the same species, that’s evident from the comics and the scientific definition, that’s why among other reasons “homo superior” is so stupid. Mutants can and do readily reproduce with baseline humans, and pass on their mutant “X-gene”. That’s not a new species, it’s just...a mutant. “Homo Superior” should have stayed as some pseudoscientific racial idea Magneto advanced in order to justify his ideas of supremacy.