How will they fuck him up? He LOOKS perfect and has a great actor, but he'll still be shit

How will they fuck him up? He LOOKS perfect and has a great actor, but he'll still be shit.

Attached: Screenshot_20190503-121331~2.jpg (720x693, 147K)

Other urls found in this thread:

collider.com/spider-man-far-from-home-mysterio-images/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Or you can try not being a presumptuous pessimist

He'll be amazing

He won’t have any illusions, just lasers, flying, and a remote control for the elemental “monsters”

>he thinks the lasers are real
I bet you think he's actually flying on a smoke cloud too

user you can get a great villain in a bad movie, Homecoming proved that.

I mean yeah, he’ll try to sell it as “Magic”, but I want to see more creative shit. You know, holograms, robots, etc. Real smoke and mirror shit that surprises both Peter and the audience

Oh you already saw the whole movie user? Please tell us more

the whole point of mysterio is that he has no illusions, it's all tech and fakery

Wasn't Mysterio's big thing that he was a complete fraud? Likely paying off all the sub-villains in this series for a showdown with Spidey, who soundly outsmarts the first 2 (hydroman and someone else, I forget) and then confront Mysterio for 'not being a real hero like Ironman.

Fuck off. I hope for the best and prepare for the worst
See

I'd advise rewatching Homecoming, I found it a lot better than i remembered

He's going to morph into Tony at one point

they won't he'll be great liek vulture but they will fuck the whole movie and spider-man instead
also wonder if vulture is now 5 years older

Attached: 4chan.png (644x644, 936K)

Literally. No matter how hard he tried not to, when Tony used the Gauntlet he unconsciously attempted to survive at all costs.... including implanting his own mind into Peter's body.

Spider-Man 3: Invincible Spider-Man

*Superior

I actually did rewatch it and while I was okay with it first, I absolutely hated it on my second viewing because it was after having re-watched Spider-man 94 TaS.
Peter Parker shouldn't be a high school student for longer than 15 minutes of screen-time.

>bluh bluh bloo bloo reee kids

Kids really are shit. I don't know why Bendis was so obsessed with them.
Also the animated series made me appreciate just how fucking independent Spider-man should be. The MCU approach shits all over that.

Yeah, I thought Yea Forums was smart enough to figure it out without me directly beating them over the head with it, but you're the shinning example of ignorant masses that I overestimated.

>tips

nigger

Mcu > 90s sm

The high-school setting isn't the problem, it's the writers being shit.
Marvel Adventures Spider-Man was great and Peter was a teenager in it.

I mean, mcu spider-man refuses to join the avengers when offered. hopefully with the death of stark the distance to the rest of the heroes will increase

>Yea Forums not clever enough to tell that I'm speaking in Superior Ock's voice

Why do I try to flavor anything?

He won't be enough of an asshole.

Attached: Z3ogMzC.jpg (1280x1961, 571K)

>Marvel Adventures Spider-Man was great
Doubtful.
>Mcu > 90s sm
Wrong.
>I mean, mcu spider-man refuses to join the avengers when offered.
Yeah then he spent a movie as Iron-Man's sidekick right after and will work for Fury next. The damage is already done. Spider-man is not a self-made superhero.

Maybe you should've used an image.

>Doubtful.
Get your shit taste out of here.

Reddit tier post

If it isn't clear by now. Writers write their childhood settings in these comics. Its why DC is plagued with legacy characters getting killed off and Spidy acting like a man child despite going through college years ago.

Correct. 90s Spidey was bad.

ok now I see the autistic flair

He will speak in one liners from 80s movies. The whole films it will be nothing but
>when this baby hits 88 miles an hour you're going to see some serious shit
>Get away from her you Bitch!
>Snakes! Why did it have to be snakes?
>We came, we saw, we kicked its ass

through the whole movie

I wonder if they'll subvert everyone's expectations of Mysterio being a tech villain. They could make him a rogue Asgardian trying to become Thor 2:The Dark World, but it's a really terrible movie.

He's not gonna keep that helmet on for more than thirty seconds that's for sure

My guess is they wont but autists will always have something to complain about.

he has the fishbowl on only for his first appearance and never puts it back on again

Maybe you should start not being such a resentful dcuck

His whole point is that he uses tech for his illusions, so he'd be on point.

so long as they give him a villain motivation beyond mass destruction for...uh... reasons he'll be better than most marvel villains. the bar isn't on the floor but it's ankle height.

Attached: spiderverse 45.jpg (1000x962, 93K)

>the whole point of mysterio is that he has no illusions

>the point of the master of illusion is there are no illusions

Attached: 1511321773902.png (337x334, 172K)

user you should know by now after the "old lady cant feel pain = real x-men mutants" thread and these endgame threads where retards cant comprehend a child movie how fucking dumb Yea Forums is.

Because Yea Forums is REALLY fucking dumb.

Don't forget Spectacular Spider-Man, which is leagues better than the 90's series.

They already did by not getting Bruce Campbell

I'm just glad the fishbowl is there at all, honestly.

Showing his face right away was pretty bad.

>He won't have illusions, just tech and gadget that give people the illusion of superpowers

This Spider-Man franchise has had good villains so far. I don’t see a reason to doubt this team of filmmakers just yet.

>Boomer Mysterio
I could live with that

Attached: Gtim+glad+i+stabbed+her+and+id+do+it+again+_c5565f5659347b95e9feaa9414a368fb.jpg (204x248, 22K)

RENT FREE

Attached: Blank+_202e672878ac585c3e1717d9968678c1.jpg (326x239, 28K)

If by villains you mean just one, than yeah I guess

God you’re an obnoxious faggot

It's so fucking sad that the only interesting thing about the MCU Spider-Man movies is the worldbuilding. For decades, cameoing in a Spider-Man book was the best advertisement for B-listers and lower. Now Spider-Man feature films are merely the designated "street level" MCU series.

Make him black

As opposed to what? Street level is where Peter and his rogues shine, going "big, epic and cosmic" usually leads to shit like Spider-verse

I mean, Jake Gylenhaal is white so

he's not wrong
why is it certain he'll be bad, he might be the only good thing in the movie
idk why you fucks got to be so bitchy

Attached: vulture-keaton.png (620x610, 476K)

make up exists

The point is more that the shared universe takes a precedence over the character of Spider-Man, while in the past, Marvel used to introduce their other characters through the Spider-Man brand. It's an illustration of how the tables have turned and how the character is written around the franchise, rather than finding a Spider-Man story and then setting it into the MCU (for an easy example of such a thing, look at Shazam and its' relation with the DCEU).

>Street level is where Peter and his rogues shine
Totally agreed.
>shit like Spider-verse
The book? Agreed. The movie? ItSV comparatively made Homecoming even more of a laughing stock and an insult to Spider-Man and I never thought such a thing could be possible.

oh yes, I'm sure Disney can't wait to use blackface in one of their movies

Well it's not like they can put the makeup on a black guy, user. That'd be double racist.

You dumb fucks. Illusions as in mind fucking holograms and other slight of hand

He'll be a jobber.
They'll play him up for the trailers, but he'll go down in one punch in the first scene of the movie, mostly for laughs.
He will show up again later in the movie...
As a background gag, another laugh at how silly he is.
He will be the whole "style over substance" side-villain, and he'll be a throwaway, much like Scarecrow in Nolan's Dark Knight movies.

He is ftm trans

He's actually a rogue AI in a hijacked Ironman suit. The fishbowl is actually his real head and can project anyone's head onto it.

the true villain will be the royals

I mean, they haven't really been fucking up by and large lately. I'm not saying it's all perfect, there are missteps and mistakes, but mostly I'd say I'm more confident they'll do a good job than a bad, at least for the near future.

Some quality decision-makers have wormed their way into the offices at Marvel and they seem to continue doing their jobs. The casting director for this entire MCU deserves some kind of prize.

How can they mess him up?
>collider.com/spider-man-far-from-home-mysterio-images/

Attached: unclemysterio.png (687x646, 408K)

>Tony Stark
>Mysterio
>Nick Fury
>Happy fucking Hogan
>Carol Danvers
All became Peter Parker's paternal figures before Uncle Ben was even name-dropped in this franchise.

Attached: 1548583267583.png (213x237, 63K)

>Mysterio mentors Spider-Man
>Peter not giving a fuck about his secret identity
>Another suit that is given to him
Can Spider-twink go a few minutes without a sugar daddy?

Tony is New Uncle Ben
>We never saw, and didn’t need to see, Uncle Ben die in Jon Watts’ Spider-Man: Homecoming. After six previous movies and two Ben Parkers — Cliff Robertson in Spider-Man (2002) and Martin Sheen in The Amazing Spider-Man 10 years later — we were good on the origin story. All we needed to know about Ben Parker was that he mattered, that he’s gone, and maybe it was because of Peter.

>So what of Tony Stark? Unlike Ben (again, maybe), the death of Tony Stark wasn’t Peter Parker’s fault. Peter vanished, along with half the universe, because Thanos used the Infinity Stones.

>But Stark’s sacrifice at the end of Endgame, though seismic, will undoubtedly have the greatest impact on Peter Parker. Whether it’s the second death in Peter’s superhero career or the first, Iron Man’s death has effectively become the ultimate lesson for Spider-Man. That with great power (“Genius, billionaire, playboy philanthropist.”) comes great responsibility (“I am Iron Man.”).

Attached: UncleTony.png (625x521, 399K)

This is pretty much Miles Morales' origin. Except the shitty Bendis one, before Lord and Miller revamped it.

Thanks Feige.

>Ben dies, spuring Spider-man into action, but he's still basically a kid having fun with super powers
>Tony dies and is the catalyst that Pete needs to get serious about his ideas on what being a heor is all about.

Tony isn't Ben.

Tony is Gwen.

Attached: 1556506899596.png (659x525, 205K)

>All we needed to know about Ben Parker was that he mattered, that he’s gone, and maybe it was because of Peter.
>and maybe it was because of Peter.
>maybe

>>But Stark’s sacrifice at the end of Endgame, though seismic, will undoubtedly have the greatest impact on Peter Parker.

What garbage is this?

Well yeah, it's a shared universe, it's a funny situation but it also developed this way organically, it's only natural that being so late to the party Spidey isn't the center of the universe, and that's ok

>The book?
Yeah, that's what i was referring to
>The movie? ItSV comparatively made Homecoming even more of a laughing stock and an insult to Spider-Man
lol ok pal

>is called out for being 24 7 edgy contrarian for no reason, but to stand out
>LEDDIT XDD

How could they? He looks good, has Jake Gyllenhaal, and has his powers. His powers seem like his normal stuff but amped up to look more cinematic. His suit looks technical enough so it luckily won't be real magic. He is also really likely to use his illusion stuff here because RDJ is listed and Spider-Man loved him in the MCU. He is gonna fuck with Peter's mind and that would be a good way to show Peter's pre Civil War trauma and his trauma of literally dying. I trust them for this, everything seems right. What do you guys think is gonna happen because I am hyped for based Mysterio coming to the big screen

The twist'll probably be that MCU is a genuinely good person. The infuriating thing is that they'd probably think that's actually clever.

If Spidey is resistant to normal punches to the point where he rolls with them just to stop low-key crooks breaking their wrists punching him, surely a mook like Mysterio couldn't do much damage to his tackle by booting them?

this.

>Illusions as in mind fucking holograms
I knew it. All people think Mysterio is are holograms

>How will they fuck him up? He LOOKS perfect and has a great actor, but he'll still be shit.

All they have to do is rely on your Assburgers to do the work.

Attached: Assburgers.jpg (259x194, 12K)

Talos?

but it's true, he's a false illusionist. strange or zatanna would be a real illusionist

he can portray himself as one but the other user was bitching that he'd have lasers and flying and shit. which is exactly what mysterio does

Loki is a real illusionist in the MCU. Strange ain't fucking around with illusions.

I dont think you understand what the word "illusion" means.

Bump

TAS' Mysterio was all about holograms, that's probably the culprit

Fuck back to pol/ you stupid niggerfaggot poltard

MR STARK MR STARK MR STARK MR STARK MR STARK MR STARK MR STARK MR STARK MR STARK

MR HAPPY MR HAPPY MR HAPPY MR HAPPY MR HAPPY MR HAPPY MR HAPPY MR HAPPY MR HAPPY MR HAPPY MR HAPPY MR HAPPY

MR MYSTERIO MR MYSTERIO MR MYSTERIO MR MYSTERIO MR MYSTERIO MR MYSTERIO MR MYSTERIO MR MYSTERIO MR MYSTERIO

why is mcu peter such a cuck who can't do things himself

Nigga Illusionist doesn't mean real magic.

It means slight of hand to confuse and create images that are not there.

Mysterio is a better Illusionist than Dr Strange because Strange plays by the mystical book 90% of the time.