Close Enough

It's about to be 2 years since it was announced. It's about to be 1 year since JG has posted on social media (May 7th).

Which is deader, JG or his new series? This is infuriating.

Attached: jg.jpg (574x472, 58K)

Other urls found in this thread:

tombcartoonmonkeyskeleton.blogspot.com/2019/02/work-around-town-4.html?m=1
nick.com
youtube.com/watch?v=jtTefsYWiqA
twitter.com/AnonBabble

If you were t9 believe this guy apparently they finished production on season 1 last February and ordered a new season

tombcartoonmonkeyskeleton.blogspot.com/2019/02/work-around-town-4.html?m=1

im not sure if this is worse or better

AS is losing Family Guy and is desperate for content, TBS doesn’t want to air it
Seriously, just give it to Adult Swim to air

They're already advertising Season 2 of Final Space on Adult Swim, the ad says its premiering on [as] and they're doing a season 1 marathon first. All this before we even know the main character's name in fucking Close Enough which started production around the same time as FS.

I'm genuinely annoyed.

At this point it would be cool if he had no name because this is legit annoying

Has there ever been a series where the main character doesnt have a solid name and everyone just refers to him as dude or man in greetings? That'd be interesting.

VeggieTales IS DreamWorks. You sure haven't been keeping up with the news during the last 5 years.

that waldo thing has been in development hell for awhile, just recently getting reannounced

Sorry for beign unaware

TBN is just a network that will play the show. Big Idea Productions that's owned by dreamworks is the company making it.

Different user, but it's hard to keep up when dreamworks is a subsidiary of a subsidiary of a subsidiary. If you wanted to know who at the top of the food chain that truly owns veggietales it would be comcast.

Are they losing all the Fox shows? Is American Dad and Bobs Burgers going too?

TBS saved American Dad after Fox cancelled it, so it's probably not going anywhere. Bobs Burgers is definitely leaving though.

the silence is pretty bizzare. i wonder if there's something about the show execs worry might be offensive.

Thank the fucking lord. The worst part of watching AS is when those 2 garbage shows come on.

Rick and Morty is worse.

The closest I can think of is Samurai Jack. We never really knew the protagonists' name, and half of the time he was referred to as "Stranger" or "The Samurai." Though, it helps that the show had minimal dialogue in most episodes.

Attached: Jack's mom was hot as fuck.jpg (1200x600, 155K)

JG Quintel killed and raped a girl in 1990

Oh yea, I suppose Jack is a good example. I forgot some shows went the nickname route.

Does TBS have an easy method of contact that we would be able to express that fans are unhappy with the handling of Close Enough?

When did this show start production again? It'd be pretty funny if it inadvertently became a time capsule show with a bunch of dated references.

Instead of hacking Cartoon Network, they should hack TBS instead and reveal what the fuck is going on.

Attached: B7DA155B-946B-4C78-9660-E1616260B1CF.png (1080x1576, 381K)

around 2016 when rs was wrapping up, the license plate of the fat orange haired guy's car in the trailer's date is 2016 so its already like 3 years later

I think they have contact us links on their site and they sometimes respond on twitter but only to select things that aren't usually important. I've already seen many tweet to them about it since it became 1 year after the trailer release and they still don't care.

No one gives a shit about TBS, at least there's the possibility that the fact its taken this long to air means it might be able to premiere on adult swim since they're needing slots to fill (and they don't like airing older things that arent still running), but that's still no excuse that we havent heard anything for 2 fucking years.

[citation needed]

The Tatami Galaxy.

Attached: tatamigif1.gif (500x283, 447K)

My crying video on Twitter. Hang on.

they're losing family guy?

AT&T buying Warner/Turner is what fucked this show over hard. AT&T is reevaluating all assets and content as they prep the warner streaming service. They might be saving this show to be a streaming exclusive.

>user never delivered

>implying Bob’s Burgers wasn’t one of the best programs being shown on [adult swim]
That’s some unfathomably shit taste right there

Attached: 189C50B1-F8C5-45D7-920B-025B015987DE.png (1920x1080, 1.6M)

Yes

>Streaming exclusive
Oh fuck them right up their stupid asses

This was being held off too long way before that happened. We know no excuses.

Not him but most of the kids episodes were insufferable and Linda is always garbage. I also didn't like most songs because they were in that saccharine tone to reference whimsical musicals. I prefer it to Rick and Morty though.

why do people make shit like this

>I also didn't like most songs because they were in that saccharine tone to reference whimsical musicals
I respect your opinion (especially since you gave your reasoning for it), but damn. That’s where I have to really disagree.

I'm neither of (You) but I'm personally not a fan of shows with musical numbers in every episode. One every handful of episodes isn't bad, but not a song every night, y'know?

Some are ok, I liked the one where Bob and Louise sang the song about bob being glued to the toilet. I hate the really childish ones in that grating high pitched silly tone that sometimes get reused for the credits. I can't remember but I think one was the candy randy song.

Can adult swim survive without family guy reruns?

its been propping up toonami every saturday but now mike lazzo needs toonami anyway for filler

At the age of 8?

Attached: tenor.gif (355x185, 1.98M)

That’s honestly why I’m not a fan of Animaniacs desu

Animaniacs didn't have songs in every episode, though. Though if they did, I don't remember them.

I'm talking about shows like Phineas and Ferb.

Also say what you want, but I'd rather have someone who never uses social media than a sperg who never gets off it.

TBS doesn't want to air because it was supposed to air alongside Louis CK's mediocre cop show and since that's going to be sitting in a vault for all eternity they figure Close Enough should as well.

Also more generally TBS doesn't want to air anything that isn't Big Beluga Theory reruns or Cat Lady Colbert.

Maybe not every episode but they were frequent enough to annoy me. Not really as a kid, more so now. I remember the writers talking putting songs in whenever they could because they apparently got paid extra for songwriting credits or something like that. Anyway for the handful of good songs from the show there are some many forgettable ones that just got thrown in there for no good reason

WHERE'S MY FINAL SPACE SEASON 2 TRAILER

Just fucking sell the IP's to Netflix I mean Final Space is already marketed as a Netflix original at least Internationally

Olan enough bullshit it's fucking may where is the trailer

I think close enough is currently in production...heard whispers about people getting staffed on it recently. dunno what happened, might be a pinky malinky type situation and they uprooted the whole thing and had to start over

i wish jg wouldnt name his shows with such basic titles, its hard to find people talking about them in tags. i dont have to explain close enough but with regular show i always got bands talking about "doing a regular show thursday" and shit, it made finding stuff about the finale hell

>adult swim tries to push this off on tbs
>gets stuck with it when they lose their non-originals that bring in the most viewers
karma, if [as] didn't push it to tbs randomly after it started production i'm sure we'd have had it by now

>I think close enough is currently in production...
The entire first season has been finished for like a year. It being in production might be a second season. At this point I assume both seasons will be dropped on the app and then aired on TV somehow later. The sad part is no one will know and TBS is already a second rate channel in the eyes of animation viewers, add that with it being on a fucking app and that guarantees less viewers. A lot of people don't even think of apps with most channels, the only reason Nick and CN have well known apps is because
>shows with a loud fanbase complain where everyone can hear them when an episode premieres first on their app (SU)
>their website is a fucking wasteland that literally just says get their app (Nick, seriously their website is fucking gone) nick.com

It's a travesty. It might not be a streaming exclusive but neither was Tarantula, technically. Final Space got the best of the deal.
>advertised and premiered officially on Reddit
>aired weekly on TBS through first season
>ran on Adult Swim
>season 2 already being advertised with a season 1 marathon on adult swim to build hype
and here we are, 2 years later and not a single word since that fucking comic con trailer. I can't stress enough how these 2 shows were picked up around the same time, if not THE same time. People insisted it'd air along side Final Space, and then in fall, and then with American Dad after it came back from winter break, these have all been wrong. Even the crew doesn't know, they've implied it in one on one messages with people and that one guy's bio changing from it being a 2018 release to a 2019 one quietly.

The worst part is they coasted on it being "from the guy behind Regular Show" which ended over 2 fucking years ago now. Most people probably forgot CE existed and others that RS existed, since CN hated the series towards the middle onwards.

Attached: vw.gif (500x338, 464K)

I agree. I also hope pic related isn’t the final logo. It doesn’t catch your eye as much as a cartoon’s logo normally should.

Attached: F265D01B-7504-4293-BD6B-6B04D3D1A0A0.jpg (1200x668, 189K)

it feels like a first draft kind of logo

They slap the 'Original' label on anything they get exclusive rights to air in a particular region. Its completely meaningless. Also WarnerMedia is pushing their own streaming service for next year, so don't expect any of their new shows to end up on Netflix, at least in the US.

American Dad after TBS got it became much higher quality, it stopped feeling like a B- Cleveland Show Knock Off, which for a small show was a breath of fresh air from the over the top bullshit that family guy pulled all the time.

Both versions are obnoxious with their jokes.

So are we getting Close Enough or what

H O G

D I C K

Attached: dude weed lmao.png (1920x1080, 1.23M)

Yeah, after the Adventure Time movie comes out

looks like boring shit anyway

fuck off

no u

Beakers are a very insufficient way of doing science.

It’s not Regular Show, but it’s Close Enough.

whats the point of the spoiler tag literally everyone has made this joke

It's close enough.

lol xDD

This. We really another show about ex-slackers pushing 30 who want to prove they can still smoke weed and have sex in a car despite having a kid? Actually getting to the point those people are now pushing 40 and still think they can hang.

LOL, I haven't heard that one before! XD

Attached: the naked Pops episode.jpg (2208x1242, 277K)

I'm kinda hoping this can fill the void of Baby Blues.

>yfw JG will hit 40 by the time Close Enough sees the light of day

Attached: SBSP - Patrick SmartPants (S04E08a).jpg (400x323, 25K)

NotJG's wife isn't a MILF, so no. It won't fill the void.

Attached: 1555449988391.jpg (900x425, 558K)

She might not be a milf like Wanda but she's close enough.

I forgot, he isn't part of the animation Illuminati.

I know this is a far way off since mantzoukas hasn't started talking about it, and that dude talks about everything months ahead of it. He would not shut up about the long dumb road.

he's part of the guitar hero illuminati

Attached: carpet.jpg (400x300, 43K)

>NotJG's wife isn't a MILF
it'd be nice if bridgette was.

Well, we’ve had over two years to keep making that joke. Of course it’s been done to death by now.

>Infinity Train will premiere before Close Enough
I won’t know what to make of this if that actually happens.

Attached: 2E17A0BB-590A-4988-82EB-1AB9437AB0D6.jpg (1080x1350, 251K)

If they are moving Final Space to adult swim then Close Enough will for sure be airing on adult swim.

Stop doing this every fucking god damn time.

You mean Samantha "cancer victims have Nazi hair" Bee?

Doing what?

everyone thinks its a meme but this is seriously pissing me off, it doesnt look spectacular but i want to fucking see it and it and jg deserve a chance

Its quickly gaining circus afro levels of obnoxious.

Is that even possible? May-June 2012 was a dark period in time.

Attached: 85059C71-781B-4AC3-8303-7FD68E27AD00.gif (445x250, 1.25M)

Ironic shitposting is still shitposting.

Not doing anything at all is still shitposting. Enabling stupid memes is shitposting.

>advertised and premiered officially on Reddit
says a lot about the show

Don't bring that shit in here.

I remember when there were 5 threads up at once and it gave an user a fucking seizure.

kek

Attached: I can't wait for Atlanta Season 3.jpg (733x644, 83K)

He needs to fuck off.

what? Tatami is beautiful

(You)

What’s wrong with it?

Does anyone have a way to contact the EIB/Excellence In Broadcasting poster that used to make the Regular Show generals around Seasons 4-7?

He had information directly from the producers and was even invited to the Regular Show Movie Premiere. Information from him was also given to Yea Forums that Close Enough was JG Quintel's next series even before it was ever announced to be 'a thing'. My guess is he works for the show and/or RS and was a great source for RS/CE information and contributed lots of useful information to Yea Forums.

I never really understood what that guy's deal was and why he always posted that one guy.

>AS is losing Family Guy
that fucking sucks. I didnt care about FG til adult swim aired it nightly. I hope TBS buys it too in the event Disney decides to snub it

Attached: tumblr_mqzzk82atp1s1hb1oo1_1280.gif (640x360, 988K)

Could have been hidden meaning or a surprise for Close Enough as he knew all the inner workings of CN and the cartoons that aired with em.

based

Will it be as heart warming as Regular Show?

>Regular Show
>Heartwarming

I'd like to think so. A lot of pathos and heartfelt moments can be mined from the theme of raising your first child and learning the responsibilities of parenthood.

Attached: That's a very hairy nipple.png (1280x720, 812K)

While Regular Show was mainly a comedy, it still had its fair share of emotional gut punches. I can't think of specific examples off the top of my head, but I'm sure many scenes with Benson left some kind of impact.

The finale's ending montage is an easy example, but several Mordecai and Margaret episodes could also get pretty touching and real. I still get chills from this one: youtube.com/watch?v=jtTefsYWiqA

And pic related in the following season finale was one of the realest, most wholesome moments in the show. Mordo & Rigs's bromance was fucking great.

Attached: The true meaning of being a bro.gif (500x279, 1.59M)

>2012
Jesus Christ, was it really that long ago?

Attached: 1554841686114.png (462x347, 193K)

Give us a raise, loser

Attached: 1557033584827.jpg (900x674, 178K)

Yep. Seven years later, and those tiddies are still legendary

Attached: Captain Chantal Dubois.jpg (584x876, 75K)