What was your reaction five years ago, when the first teaser came out?

What was your reaction five years ago, when the first teaser came out?

Attached: marvel_guardiansofthegalaxy1_1020.jpg (1200x800, 150K)

What a bunch of A-holes

Wtf even is happening in this timeline?

The first tims I heard about it was seeing a TV spot for it. At that time I really thought that it was a parody of the Avengers and didin't realize it was an actual Marvel movie until years later.

I think they're neat.

It bothers me that the Russos have all but ruined this team, I blame Disney.

I bet they made them run damage control when Endgame was in production so that the studio could make a Thor 4 (featuring the Guardians that didn't defend Gunn) instead if a GOTG 3.

Why is Peter Dinklage not Rocket Raccoon

I wasn’t into comics at the time but I liked superheroes, I remember thinking , who the fuck are these guys?

I was only slightly into comics at the time and have done a lot of reading since.

Attached: guardiansofthegalaxykorath.jpg (500x280, 106K)

oh shit its batista

Probably was cautiously interested, but it was the tree and the racoon what brought me to actually watch it, starlord a cute!

"Shit, cosmic Marvel. What do I need to look up so I know what I'm talking about still in front of my friends."

"Hey, it's that raccoon thing that was in UMvC3"

"They're gonna fuck this up so bad. What the hell happened to their uniforms?"

Attached: star-lord1.png (554x950, 297K)

Rocket's Endgame outfit was more like his mainstream Marvel outfit, right? I noticed the clasped-over jacket that made me think of his mainstream design.

>see Knowhere
>the absolute madman
Movie itself bummed me out a little for not going fulll cosmic crazy.

Cautiously optimistic and I was familiar with the characters so I was tentatively excited but not hyped. The Ooga Chaka chant was more what I remembered and got stuck in my head.

Also I thought the obscene gesture joke was better with the censorship.

Pre GOTG threads on Yea Forums were the hypest shit and everyone who wasn't there missed out. It was the best time to talk about the mcu. That and pre first avengers/ winter soldier

The only reason I really knew about GOTG at that time was because I was (and still am) a huge Venom fan and he joined them in the comics a couple of days before the movie was released

Attached: venom groot.jpg (1536x2048, 491K)

Do you still have the collage picture that was just shy of becoming self aware?

Haha funny racoon.

>22 Posts
>No OOGA CHACKA
Yea Forums I am disappoint.
In all seriousness though, I thought it seemed funny, thought Rocket and Groot looked great, and that Drax looked better than I thought he would.
I was bummed about the costume, but assumed we might get to them by the end of the movie that they might need to build toward.
On a separate note, do we think we're gonna get a RotJ stylized alternate cover for Vol 3 as well?

Attached: GotG SW.png (1280x960, 2.5M)

Why is Rocket the only one with a sick uniform? All of them should have one. Gamora is too much a compromise between her old types of outfits to the new ones.

>what is this bland faggotry?

>Oh wow this even less funnier than the last comic book movie

this

Kinda meh. I wasn't really a fan of the Guardians when it came out.
Still not really. The movies are cool though

The OOGA CHACKA and being a Marvel movie caught my attention. Until I went to the theater to watch it. Man, what an underwhelming movie

>"I bet the movie will make them all meme "funny" characters that barely resemble their comics counterpart"
I was proven right.

Absolute hype and weeks of OOGA CHAKA posting on Yea Forums

Attached: Hooked on a feelin'.png (500x491, 383K)

I read all of modern cosmic marvel from annihilation to the Thanos Imperative after seeing the trailer.

OH GOD NOT ANOTHER FUCKING SUPERHERO MOVIE WHEN WILL IT END

"I can't believe we're actually getting Rocket and Groot in a movie."

Attached: Animation_test2.gif (500x209, 803K)

Cannot fucking stand Venom. They keep shoehorning him in and then have him effortlessly overpower whole teams so they can show the symbiote forms.

Attached: Rocket_animation1.gif (640x265, 2.09M)

>Who are these people? I know Zoe Saldana and I guess Chris Pratt from Park and Rec but he's the main guy? Also literally who is this wrestling guy. Wait that's Vin Diesel and Bradley Cooper? Jesus this looks like a mess. That first trailer was really dumb. I think this might be the first really bad Marvel movie, like Thor 2 levels of bad.

another shameless cash grab featuring that guy from parks and rec

Knowing Gunn, he'd probably have Quill wear that in some story where he goes dark and serious only to abandon that stuff as a part of his arc and when wear the usual getup from the other films. His way of flipping off the comic, putting his stamp on GotG, and saying his way or the high way henceforth when it comes to those characters.

I was excited because no one knew the gaurdians, and that meant that they could essentially do whatever they wanted. And I was very satisfied when my expectations were right.

Guardians under Russo's are much better than under Gunn. I'm upset that they brought back Gunn for 3 since vol 2 proved he didn't know how to properly develop characters.

>tfw it is now no longer modern cosmic marvel
>also isn't classic cosmic marvel
dated cosmic marvel?
Also i miss the old marvel cosmic threads where all the cosmic books were discussed. Comfiest threads i ever took part in.

Seriously Vol 2 was really bad, I don't know how people can defend its flanderization of the characters.

You retards do know that Gunn signed off on everything they did with the Guardians in both movies?

BASED OOGA CHAKA HYPE POSTING

Attached: 148199945474.png (650x488, 815K)

>the movie is based on a comedy? didnt know that

Actually back then I was pretty excited, because I'm not a comic reader so I don't really knew about them, so watching it felt...quite refreshing, I knew it was based on comic, yes, but on comic characters I had never seen before so it felt like somehting completely new.
Unlike the other superhero movies, that felt a bit boring because were based on things pretty well known, they felt like they were just using the name of those things. In Guardians that was not the case because well. they didn't really have that much of a name

The finger thing was actually funny, then they didn't have it in the movie.

This and the "Prepare to be Guarded!" Image and train hype

Yes they did.

>This'll be a piece of shit
My first thought. No way it could work. Glad to be wrong.

Because the characters also got a bunch of development. GOTG2 really developed Rocket and Peter, and to a lesser extent everyone else.

I'm going to go on record and say that Bradley Cooper phoned it in, and that Quill had much greater development in Infinity War than he did in GotG2. I felt that there were zero (0) stakes in GotG2, all of the characters became "lol random" especially Drax, and they did my boy Yondu wrong.

Attached: dogfucker_goes_bananas.jpg (514x521, 89K)

The joke was that the computer saw the "ïmminent obscene gesture" coming and blurred it. In the actual movie he just gave them the finger.

That was just the trailer and the edited tv version. The actual movie had him flipping the bird.

That's what I said. In the trailer it was funnier.

Same. I got more optimistic when the first full trailer dropped. Now I fully enjoy it as it's own thing, separate from the comics.

Meh, I liked the movie version better.

Better than going full Mass Effect.

Watashi wa Guruto

Attached: groot_cute_dancing_version_by_snathy-d7xrfnw.png (900x1134, 660K)

>Watashi

Is that the form of "I" what he says in Japanese? Does he change to "boku" as Baby Groot?

>Quill had much greater development in Infinity War than he did in GotG2
That was all negative development though. He starts off in a good spot, it all goes to hell, he breaks down and then he turns to dust.