Redpill on these two as characters and their relationship

Good characters? Shit ones? Interesting relationship? Tell me all.

Attached: m09.jpg (547x750, 51K)

They're both huge autists.

At the end of the day, this. It just became a pissing contest of who knew more mlp and sherlock trivia.

One is a cuck, the other wants to kill a whole family because he wasn't the smartest guy in college and that made him feel bad.

It's no wonder Marvelfags relate to those two.

I know about the college incident and Doom REEEing over the idea of not being as smart as Reeds but is there more depth, or does that initial petty pissing competition lead to some really heavy, interesting stuff?

Their conflict is stupid and just holds each other back.

Attached: Fantastic_Four_Vol_3_29.jpg (400x603, 67K)

Reed Richards, a brilliant man, too brilliant. In a fit of pride and arrogance, he damns those closest to him to a seemingly terrible fate. In an effort to save them from being treated as freaks and monsters by the world at large he crafts an image to shield them from defamation and shame.

In this effort he finds that their gifts, talents, uniqueness, make them not merely a force for good, but the forefront of human ability and discovery.

In seeking the fantastic, they themselves became that.

Reed however, carries his failures with him. He feels he should know better, and that makes them heavier... So he lets those failings temper his actions and innovations.

... When he's written well anyway...

Attached: Fantastic Four v3 060 (21).jpg (950x1491, 226K)

Right, but is it compelling? There are plenty rivalries in fiction born out of petty spite and pissing contests. Doesn't mean they aren't compelling to see unfold.

An enormous problem with characters like Reed, Stark, Pym, and the like... Is that none of them are actually allowed to progress the fortunes of the world because they break a lot of things in them.

Reed Richards would've revolutionized the world at large if he was as smart as he's made out to be... So it seems to some he languishes in high minded ideals.

And is stretchy.

Attached: Fantastic Four v3 060 (22).jpg (950x1526, 273K)

Attached: To Trip The Light Fantastic 01.jpg (780x1229, 251K)

Attached: To Trip The Light Fantastic 02.jpg (780x1188, 237K)

Attached: To Trip The Light Fantastic 03.jpg (780x1214, 266K)

Attached: To Trip The Light Fantastic 04.jpg (780x1203, 202K)

Attached: To Trip The Light Fantastic 05.jpg (780x1161, 222K)

Attached: To Trip The Light Fantastic 06.jpg (780x1214, 220K)

Attached: To Trip The Light Fantastic 07.jpg (780x1216, 230K)

And then, a few months down the line

Attached: To Trip The Light Fantastic 08.jpg (780x1226, 328K)

Attached: To Trip The Light Fantastic 09.jpg (780x1223, 320K)

Attached: To Trip The Light Fantastic 10.jpg (780x1220, 332K)

Attached: To Trip The Light Fantastic 11.jpg (780x1219, 288K)

Attached: To Trip The Light Fantastic 12.jpg (780x1218, 272K)

Attached: To Trip The Light Fantastic 13.jpg (780x1221, 287K)

Attached: To Trip The Light Fantastic 14.jpg (780x1219, 269K)

If Sue didn’t exist, they would be huge yaoi bait. They still are but they would a bigger one.

If anything both don't interact enough.
Most of the time it's the entire FF vs Doom and up until the 90s where I stopped reading there were only like two big climactic fights between the 2 alone.

Unless that changes in the 00s and they meet way more they aren't as obsessed with each other as you'd think.

To be fair, Doom’s obsessed with everyone who’s better than him. He’s got feuds with Stark, Panther, Magneto, Strange; pretty much anyone who’s someone and a master at one specific thing, triggers his autism.
>be Doom
>watching the news
>some kid in bumfuck nowhere has a 250 IQ, is 7 years old and already finished College
>also he’s a mutant and his power is having a giant dong
>out his dad as a pedo, the mom as a heroin addict, put the kid in social services, send Doombots disguised as Social Workers, put the kid in a Family of Doombots posing as people, make his life a living hell until it kills itself
>5 years later write off a name from the List
That’s literally something Doom would do, and that’s what I like about him. He’s autism personified.

I recall reading stuff about his disfigurement too. Isn't the best spin on it basically that the scarring, burns, etc. really aren't that bad but because there are any flaws at all he flips the fuck out and wears that mask cause his ego can't hack it?

>Right, but is it compelling?
No, but don't tell that to Marvelfags. They would rather die than admit that there's nothing special or well-written in Doctor Doom.

Doom's perfectionist complex runs so deep that a minor scratch on his face drives him absolutely mad enough to let a red hot mask melt his fucking face off.

In the words of Grant Morrison “canon’s whatever you want it to be”. The Machine that blew up gave him only a minor scar. He went nuts and put a mask over it. It was retconned to him putting it on as it was hot and completely fucking up his face. Currently his face and whole body are covered in burns.

Personally I prefer the “autism” theory. Doom’s got a serious case of body dysmorphia, that much is evident. So I prefer the “gas a small scar but wears the mask because he’s embarrassed” canon. Maybe he started balding and didn’t want to be humiliated too. Also, a mask is a symbol. I can imagine him thinking that wearing a terrifying metal mask 24/7 would make him memorable. Just focus on the fact that the dude’s not well instead of going with another disfigurement origin. Him being as fucked up as Snake Eyes or Baron Zemo is boring.

Attached: 1500425292406.jpg (1041x1600, 649K)

Attached: The Origins of Doom 1.jpg (1000x1561, 437K)

Attached: The Origins of Doom 2.jpg (1000x1546, 434K)

Attached: The Origins of Doom 3.jpg (2000x1549, 817K)

Attached: 1526446027564.jpg (1200x1807, 560K)

Attached: Fantastic Four v3 54 - 19.jpg (900x1399, 161K)

Hi, Tommy.

Attached: Fantastic Four v3 54 - 20.jpg (900x1406, 224K)

What the hell is this Tommy thing about that always comes up in Doom threads?

Attached: 1197447054956.jpg (1024x1636, 284K)

Attached: 1232300877596.jpg (1024x1191, 217K)

Attached: DoomReturns.jpg (1008x1520, 187K)

Attached: DoomReturns001.jpg (995x1520, 224K)

I like how Strange doesn’t give a shit about doom’s “rivalry” with him unless doom’s fucking stuff up. I mean hell, even Mordo gets more recognition

Attached: DoomReturns002.jpg (1008x1520, 188K)

Attached: drs strange and doom 30.jpg (1414x2101, 505K)

fuck this got me.

Takes an autist to have a rivalry with another autist

Attached: Screenshot from 2018-08-02 21-04-11.png (706x923, 888K)

I may be in the minority but I always liked Byrnes take on why Dooms face is disfigured

Attached: 63416_original.jpg (300x242, 77K)

Attached: 1512408278064.png (999x890, 1.95M)

lel

Wow wow wow wow so well-written.

Hi again, Tommy.

Someone explain this meme to me.

One autist gets extremely buttmad over people liking Doom.

I gathered but why is the autist called Tommy?

Reed is a Kennedy-era "man of adventure and science". To him it'a all about the discovery, damn the risk. When he meets Doom for the first time he chides him in almost a teasing way about being off on his calculations, which causes the explosion that disfigures Doom. It's "just deserts" as far as he's concerned.

Surly, any reasonable person should have stopped Doom from hurting himself?

This is ironic, since essentially the same thing happens to Reed. He's so unconcern with the risks of the spaceflight, that his family accidentally turns in to "freaks", the worst off being Ben, a collage friend nonetheless.

He feels responsible for Doom in the same way he feels responsible for his family

Doom is more complicated.

His University life is marked with an almost Dickensian level of tragedy and sadness. Due to being an ethic outsider in barely industrialized country in Eastern Europe, both of his parents meet early deaths. Despite this, he grows up to be handsome and intelligent, a Robin Hood type figure who challenges the government and is seen by his people as a freedom fighter. Like Che Guvera meets Cagliostro.

>Due to being an ethic outsider in barely industrialized country in Eastern Europe, both of his parents meet early deaths.
What?

His mother died because she was a witch demon-worshiper that caused the death of all children in the whole country with her sorcery. His father was a Rasputin-wannabe that pretend to be a healer and ended up a child of the local nobility killed with his shit methods.

Nothing to do with them being "ethic outsiders". They were just shit people.

Nah user, gyppos be persecuted and shit. It’s why I’ve always hated Doom as a character. Because his origin is always played as in trying to make you feel for him, when in reality he’s an even worse gyppo than the regulars.
>inb4 some yard from the Tumblr exodus tries to tell me I’m wrong
Go eat a juicy burger at Brooklyn and leave us Euros to complain about gyppos. We know what we’re talking about.

>Nah user, gyppos be persecuted and shit.
As a whole, yes, but that doesn't apply to Doom's family. They weren't unjustly persecuted for their religion, they truly were dangerous demon-worshipers that got innocent people killed with their shit.

>As a whole, yes
Nah, fuck off. They’re vermin that need to be put down. They do nothing but steal, kill and take guns. They’re worse than the niggers who jump at you in packs, put a bracelet on you and then tell you to pay or they’re gonna cut you. It’d have been great if they were persecuted. Maybe we’d have purged by now...

Because we're pretty sure he's a banned redditor with the username TommyLando (or Lindo; I've seen it written both ways).

Speaking of autists, Doom v Mordo would be amusing as fuck