Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes

I remember watching it when I was a kid but while I remember liking it a lot I don't really remember anything specific about the show itself. Did anyone else here watch it? What do you guys think of the show? I just don't see as many people talking about it, compared to say, Spectacular Spider-Man (which I also saw as a kid and recently rewatched) and any show from the DCAU. Maybe my mind's just being selective or I'm not looking at the right places, or am I not alone in feeling that way?

Attached: v1.jpg (300x300, 43K)

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#F!jIUkmaoJ!9j5TJiAAq9FhsA5ZlY8V-g
youtube.com/watch?v=XggH5-vLlUQ
youtube.com/watch?v=AEfUlwMS48E
youtube.com/watch?v=38VBv0ZenZU
bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-china-47743791
fanfiction.net/s/7015184/1/Complex-Designs
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

It was an awesome show and it still makes me mad that it got canned.

>when I was a kid
goddammit.

also it was supposed to be Marvel's answer to JL/U. it inspired a comeback to Saturday Morning cartoons alongside what Young Justice was doing.

Then things changed too quickly

It's the last of the good Marvel cartoons, as far as I'm concerned. After this is when Marvel devolved into immature pseudo-Looney Tunes "humor" and bad "comic panel" style screen cuts.

>good marvel cartoons

it was 1 of 3 good Marvel cartoons the rest were mediocre to absolute dreck and I'm not talking about the post Disney era.

>when I was a kid

jesus christ

>Best Hulk and Banner relationship
>Best Wasp
>Best Guardians
>Best Tony and Cap
>Best Hawkeye
Why was this so Kino?

Attached: Hawkeye-Hulk-avengers-earths-mightiest-heroes-29691502-500-280.gif (500x280, 237K)

Reminder that Jeph Loeb killed this too

OUR WORLD'S ABOUT TO BREAK
TORMENTED AND ATTACKED

The '90s Fantastic Four series was the hottest shit when I was 7. I'm assuming it hasn't aged so well.

Attached: 1994_Fantastic_Four_Cartoon_Season_2_Title.jpg (314x235, 18K)

If it's any consolation anons, if people today are old enough to have grown up watching cartoons from this era, that means there's an entire generation of people who grew up on absolute fucking kino.

>Someone made an Assemble thread.
>It became an EMH thread.
You guys are alright.

mega.nz/#F!jIUkmaoJ!9j5TJiAAq9FhsA5ZlY8V-g

Have a mega

Attached: feels good waso.jpg (863x836, 335K)

It has aged like pickled milk

The first season I terrible, but hilarious.
The second season does a massive tonal shift, and is actually pretty decent.

>This show aired 9 years ago.
Nooooooooooooo. That can't be. That can't be possible!

Attached: zemoface.png (960x540, 799K)

user your old

We're like 20 posts in, faggot.

>we got to the point where Avengers EHM is a cartoon that people say "back when I was a kid"

JESUS CHRIST WHEN I GOT SO OLD

Shame Silver Surfer never got a second season. It had some weird decisions but it really was one of the only shows to even attempt that kind of cosmic existentialism.

Lies!
youtube.com/watch?v=XggH5-vLlUQ

You know even for it's faults I can't help but smile when I remember Stan's pre episode intros for it an Iron Man.

youtube.com/watch?v=AEfUlwMS48E

There's just something really infections about his enthusiasm and the shows where if nothing else sincere. And I miss that a lot.

Fuck this show was great. Honestly introduced me to lots of comic characters outside of capeshit so I got super excited when they showed up in the movies, mainly Falcon. It was cool that it was before the Avengers movie came out so they had a little more freedom to do shit like Ultron without "muh synergy" that everything has nowadays.

This show made me an Ant-Man fan.

Attached: Ant-Man-Avengers-Earths-Mightiest-Heroes.jpg (1100x1093, 69K)

Back when they cared about the comics from which this all spawned. I know the movies and casual audiences bleed money but I really do feel like the world lost something special.

Negro, thats the intro for the first season of that cartoon, the one that was hot garbage

Fav ep is the one where Leader turns everyone into gamma monsters.

Lord, I feel bad about wording it like that now.
I'm sorry anons... I honestly didn't think anything of saying that, I was barely 10 years old when it first aired.

Ant-Man and Ultron were what stuck in my mind the most from this show; on top of just having a really cool power, Ant-Man's internal drama was something I got surprisingly invested in, and he's one of my favorite Marvel heroes today. While I don't remember the specifics behind most of the episodes, I definitely remember that Ultron genuinely chilled me whenever he appeared. I really have to rewatch it soon.

Attached: Spiderkino.png (398x575, 225K)

Cute bug wasp

You zoomers/gen z missed out on all the good pre-9/11 stuff. Pity you.

I liked the cold menace Ultron presented. I know we bitched a lot about this at the time but fuck me do I hate Quip Tron.

>I was barely 10 years old

AAAAAAAAHHHH

Unironically? Soul
It was made by people passingly familiar with the comics and stories they were adapting, knowing what to include, change, alter or keep the same. They respected what they were making.
Nowadays, Marvel shows just rip-off MCU characterizations/designs and have zero identity of their own.

Attached: big_wasp_by_justanotherravenfan_dcuwbfv-pre.jpg (1225x652, 97K)

I don't know, man. Call me an optimist but the late-2000s had tons of amazing shows, and whenever I have a lull in stuff to watch then that just means I have a ton of older shows I'm able to catch up on.
Yeah, it's not the same as watching it when it's new, but you don't "miss out" on seeing shows. It honestly feels like there's a surplus of great stuff from over all the years, that's just sitting there for me to watch.

I was talking about the societal era of pre-9/11 moreso than cartoons

One thing I remember in particular is that he got a really good introduction scene. I love how badly he freaks out that group of villains by shrinking into such a tiny size that they can't see him and can't tell how he's attacking them. There's this moment where they're stalking around the lab trying to find him with this suspenseful music kicking in. But when yet another one of them gets punched by a seemingly invisible enemy, they just lose their nerve and start wildly shooting everywhere around them.
Then immediately after it's over, Hank just goes back to his research without giving a shit about the mess around him, and he almost does the "no way fag" pose when Wasp arrives.
That introduction showcases his personality and powers in a pretty cool way, and it got me interested in him too.

Attached: punch.jpg (1280x720, 49K)

I mean I GET that when adapting to a new medium at this budget you're gonna want to cover your bets. You have to make it so non readers can digest the material. That's fine. I don't want to "gatekeep" or whatever faggy bullshit they're calling it but there's also something to be said about respecting your material in a way that makes people interesting in picking it up. The comics might as well not even exist anymore as far as the bigwigs are concerned and all the new fans have no interest in it as well. That just depresses me in ways I can't even describe.

Attached: Avengers - Earth's Mightiest Heroes - 118 - Come the Conqueror {C_P}.avi_snapshot_14.40_[2011.0 (640x360, 37K)

I liked it, though i prefer JLU desu

Well JLU gets the edge because the company didn't internally sabotage it's production. Had marvel not been massive twats about this who knows how it would have ended up but alas we don't live in good universe.

Attached: Hankultrons.jpg (592x700, 92K)

Me too, though I much prefer EMH's artstyle over Timm's, even though the latter's iconic and works extremely well.

You know I was never actually a fan of Timm's art. Everyone has mostly the same boxy build that only got worse as time went on. Man doesn't really have that much, I don't want to say "diversity" but yeah, bad case of same body going on.

Take X-men Evolution as a counter example. Now I wouldn't ever even begin to say that it was HALF the show JLU was even when it finally got rolling, but Steve Gordon went into an INSANE amount of detail to make sure that all the characters had their own and often very distinct body types. Timm just draws square people.

Attached: 1256429069364.jpg (600x580, 124K)

Why did Marvel kill this?

Movie synergy and Loeb having a very low opinion of the youth of America.

Attached: Avengers - Earth's Mightiest Heroes - 115 - 459 {C_P}.avi_snapshot_01.16_[2010.12.12_18.41.41]. (640x360, 29K)

Loeb took over Marvel animation and pushed for movie synergy and the death of overarching plots because "[my dead] kid don't wanna watch plots they just want bam bam zap pow idiotic action and le ebin movie memes and quips!"

This series was great, I too was 10 when it aired. I had to stay up until 4 am because in my country that was the only time when the Disney Channel aired it, alongside the Marvel Super Hero Squad Show. It was worth it though because I absolutely loved it, my favourite ep is the one with Scott Lang and his daughter. It's a shame it got canceled too early and got replaced with that shitty Avengers Assemble show, imagine how good a 3rd season would have been.

>I remember watching it when I was a kid

you must be 18 or older to post on this site

>Avengers EMH was 9 years ago
>I now feel older than ever

It's a good show but it also doesn't really have anything of note that's unique to it which would warrant talking about it.

What the fuck does that even mean?

It means exactly what it says. There's nothing particularly unique to that adaptation that people who are familiar with the comics and other adaptations would have anything to discuss. It doesn't do anything special or have memorable bits that didn't exist before it. Basically same as Spider-Man TAS without the SHOCKEEEEEER! memes.

Silver Surfer was freaking great

That's idiotic. There was loads to talk about it. We presently have two threads discussing it. How they adapt the stories, how they can adapt future stories. Hell back in was airing we had damn near constant threads.

Attached: Avengers.Earths.Mightiest.Heroes.S01e25.The.Fall.Of.Asgard.720p.x264.aac-HEGEMONEY.mp4_snapshot_14.4 (1280x718, 122K)

Fuck you buddy

>Those quads
JLU confirmed superior

Attached: c8cb7566079e0093956333821e5950c8.jpg (474x474, 43K)

We had shitloads of threads about it at the time since it was basically the only good product with the Avengers name on it other than "possibly" the first movie at the time. The comics were utter trash done by Bendis and everything else was garbage, but this show really brought back all the good shit. It even did bad comics plots like Secret Invasion well.

Man I miss this and I can't believe I've been on Yea Forums for over 10 years now.

Don’t make this a company war thing

I know there was a mandate handed down from Loeb that caused the show to go to shit towards the end but I can’t remember when in Season 2 it happened.

Most of season 2 was good or okay. a few stinkers mixed in though with basically the Code Red stuff and some need to bench Hank for Tony to be the team smarty pants.

Galactus as final threat was really lame.

At least it got an ending. Season 2’s second half was weaker due to more episodic plots. I’m still mad about the Spider-Man redubbing

I would have liked to see it as Surtur but I liked Galactus. They needed a big threat to call in all the heroes and Galactus fits the bill plenty.

thanks friendo

Thanks m8

>be me
>19
>show was airing when i was 10
Hey boomers

It’s weird how the guy behind one of the most needlessly violent comics in recent years thinks this way.
Is this why kids don’t like cape comics? Because writers like him make them only for adults and have no idea how to appeal to general audiences?

for some reason, there's no audio

for some reason there's no audio for season 1

>Best Wasp
>Best Masters of Evil
>Best Black Panther
>Best Zemo
>Best Hulk and Hawkeye team up
DCfag here, but this show was KINO.

EMH introduced me to Baron Zemo and I've loved his character ever since

Doom is so fucking badass in this show

Attached: 3E0B4D3D-026A-4807-8753-34F857A15102.gif (450x253, 629K)

LOST FROM WHEN WE WAKE
WITH NO WAY TO GO BACK

I'M STANDING ON MY OWN
BUT NOW I'M NOT ALONE

AVENGERS ASSEMBLE

>Best version of the Wast
>MCU Wasp fucking sucks
>She will never be this good ever again.

Attached: 1399935726929.jpg (640x360, 49K)

ALWAYS WE WILL FIGHT AS ONE

Marvel usually has pretty shit animation

Apparently, the finale was originally supposed to be the Kree two-parter right before Galactus.

She sure sucks...
Sucks my dick

TIL THE BATTLE'S WON
WITH PEOPLE ON THE RUN, WE NEVER COME UNDONE

Hank and Janet were cute and I liked the way their romance was done.

Attached: aemh.jpg (1554x874, 778K)

I miss them

I think this show has the only depiction of Carol Danvers as a character who is actually likable.

FemShep Carol was perfect.

post THE gif

you know which one

I binge watched it on netflix when i was a bit younger and loved it. Same with the memory being fuzzy though, i can only remember parts of it but not how it all connected

This!

Yep. Fuck Feige forever for snubbing Pym.

Well ultimately it's really Edgar Wrights fault for taken too damn long and being a bitch about other people's properties.

Fuck off console war nigger

I'm seeing a lot of "Best ___" and I want to throw in Thor. MCU Thor fucking sucks ass, while the real Odinson had a lot going for him on this show.

Attached: Thor AEMH.jpg (848x1138, 151K)

I like Hemsworth fine but the whole franchise is an endless tragedy of missed opportunity. We wasted two movies on shit and then they decided that since Hemsworth is funny 3 had to be a comedy. Oh and let's do Ragnarok while we're at it and kill most of his supporting cast.

Don't forget tossing out any character progression he had in Ragnarok with Endgame making Thor even more of a selfish dick

And the endless parade of Loki dick sucking because apparently Tom Hiddelston is hot? I mean I don't see it but I also don't get what people saw in David Tennent either.

>Be highschool graduate when EMH came out
Howdy zoomer. No need to floss while you’re reading this

Im a fan of Hemsworth, but desu, he just can’t compare with EMH Thor. Dude would have crushed Thanos

Dude made Galactus take a knee. And I would have loved to seen more of that faux ye olde grandiose way of talking.

Attached: Season 2 Episode 26 Avengers Assemble!.mkv_snapshot_19.02_[2019.05.03_17.44.28].jpg (1280x720, 84K)

All he did was say hi, no need to be rude.

get a better player; it doesn't work in windows' default media player.

Jeffery Combs.

Attached: The.Avengers.Earths.Mightiest.Heroes.S01e12.Gamma.World.Part.1.720p.x264.aac-HEGEMONEY.mp4_snapshot_ (1280x718, 121K)

Let me guess.
Espectacular Spiderma and the first F4 are the other two

Spider-Man 1994 and X-Men 1992

will it ever be possible to revive this someday, like the Young Justice guys did?
Maybe not anytime soon, but someday?

YJ's revival still vexes me. That show was ass.

Attached: 1551068409108.png (1300x1800, 1.81M)

I think I used to ship her with Hulk

Gangbang

But I like Scott too

Avengers slice of life is still the comfiest of content.

>Nerds and Thor are off on an adventure
>Hulk, Hawkeye, and Wasp hanging out at the pool

God the Doom episode is perhaps the greatest depiction of him, outside only the greatest Doom comics. It really encapsulates everything that makes him such an enduring character.

It was awesome. Though the quality drops halfway into season 2 when Disney had Man of Action take it over from Yost and Fine.

The song was great. Though it feels weird liking it since the singer was then jailed for drankenly raping a girl who was asleep.

Nope... and you know that they will totally ruin it with even more MCU synergy.

You know, this was the latest (and maybe the only one) series with a white Heimdall...

Not until they get rid of Loeb.

What even happened to Man of Action? They did OG Ben 10, which was great and unique. EMH season 2 had some high points even after they took over.
How did we wind up at Ultimate Spider-Man?

It's not like Heimdall ever really showed up outside the comics that much to start with. Unless he's inexplicably black now in the comics.

guardians were barely in the fucking show
don't make shit up

Yes. And it was still better than their own shown and however many hours of Douche Lord we got across the MCU.

One EMH episode with the DnA GotG was better than 3 season of MCU-GotG animated series...

>let's make Mantis evil and dead
No amount of Jennifer Hale voice can save this shit show

God tier show with potential for a massive universe
Was taken far too soon, this show was so fucking Kino
I cant understand how it didnt take off. Everything about it honestly kicked so much ass

Attached: 1525444003831.png (879x876, 1023K)

> I'm assuming it hasn't aged so well.
It aged worst than the 60's F4 cartoon.
>youtube.com/watch?v=38VBv0ZenZU

Hold up. To be fair, that rap was from season 1. Season 2 is the one that was actually kind of good.

They oughta teach this in school.

Bro you are my African American dude

Unironically, the success of the MCU doomed this series...

Yeah that was a really bad decision, then they killed her off. They also had Ship in the cartoon but she was a psycho AI obsessed with Peter's dad. Michael Korvac was there but he was a fatass with a computer avatar and Minn-Erva was a Granny Goodness type of character. Pretty weird and shitty decisions.

The Adam Warlock/Magus arc was decent and there was character development for both Peter and Gamora in that arc, since Peter acted like Adam's guardians and father figure and Gamora had to teach him to deal with his anger. But next season all development was thrown to the trash and the cartoon focused more on promoting the Disney ride.

It was GOAT. I wish Loeb would fucking die

It's not that it didn't take off, hell my nephews watched it religiously and they couldn't get into AA or any of the newer shows. What happened was Loeb being stupid thinking they should make a cartoon that looked more like the MCU and that kids had too short of an attention span for episode arcs so he made a souless by the numbers cartoon that ended shedding ratings and eventually nobone cared about.

Well it was made originally in response to the success of the Avengers movie or at least because of it. Blame Jeph Loeb and Marvel Entertainment thinking everything has to reflect the MCU.

I fucking loved this show when it aired. It was the only reason i gave a shit about Disney XD.
It actually made me care about the avengers and the Wasp was the cutest.
I can't believe it just didn't continue, i remember being mad when it dissapeared just like that.

We will have the entire series on Disney+ or not?

>Jeph Loeb
I need to start a list of names i will curse untill the day i die.

Not really, MCU actually helped set it up

Great show. Outside of nostalgia for 90's cartoons, its' the best Marvel show after Spectacular Spider-Man

It only ended 6 years ago though.

The thing about YJ was that the fans made a lot and I mean a lot of noise around it and they even did a crowfunding to fund another season and they were going to hit the goal but WB shut them down and said no. Then the show was in Netflix and got a lot of views and it got WB's attention.

So WB brought it back, especially now that WB is into doing DC animated direct to dvd type of movies and now that streaming and doing animated adult oriented shows is popular.

I doubt you could do the same with EMH because Disney would not be interested unless they could sell toys from it and they wouldn't be interested in making it an adult show. Maybe if it's in Disney+ and a lot of fans watch it and give it extremely high views they probably would bring it back, but you know Marvel Entertainment would be in charge of it and they would fuck it up. Feige is also doing animated stuff but he only cares about MCU stuff.

Loeb left Animation, then Wacker took over, then Eric Radomski took over when it was dying and now it's dead.

The only animation related projects that Marvel Entertainment has right now is Loeb's shitty adult oriented HULU shows that look so bland and uninspired.

But yes Loeb needs to go, send him back to DC, he did less damage there writing Superman/Batman fanfic.

>unless they could sell toys from it
There's no reason they couldn't.

God, I hope so

>No EMH Wasp Marvel Legends

Attached: 1307247839918.gif (1146x590, 1.61M)

I want a 12" Thor with brushable hair.

I can see the commercial
>Goodnight, Thor. You're my best friend.

>"He even acts as a nightlight!"
>kid pushes button
>KRAKKOW

>HAVE AT THEE, BOGEY MAN! THINE FOUL HEART WILL NOT HARM ONE HAIR ON THIS CHILD'S HEAD SO LONG AS THE THUNDERER DRAWS BREATH AND SIX DOUBLE BATTERIES!*
>Batteries sold separately.

How did they come up with such a this design anyway?

I don't know who made the design but I sure do love the color balance and the retro futurism. The stripe even makes a cute W.

Attached: marvel.jpg (512x800, 48K)

11/10

Attached: vlcsnap-2019-05-03-23h35m28s822.png (1920x1080, 912K)

>Avengers is a success
>Hey! let's make a new Avengers series, more similar to the MCU.

Yeah, sure... the MCU helped a lot, fuck Loeb!

>op watched EMH as a kid
>I watched EMH with Yea Forums
Damn. I fucking loved this show. Such a shame about what happened to it.

I'm specially interested in the hair, it works and it made me want to watch more of the wasp. But i dno't know how do you come with up with that.

Out of all the haircuts in Marvel her's is the one you wonder about? It's not even that crazy. Just kind of a wing thing.

It's not the crazy i care for, it's the attractiveness

It is sassy and functional.

I want to Maria her Hills

But I like both takes. The Pym from EMH is still young and actively doing things himself, while MCU Pym is too old to bother with superheroics himself anymore, but he's now coaching a younger guy to do stuff for him. They each have a lot of personality, and I can't help being fond of all three Ant-Men.

I really like that design too, it's a very cute and striking look.

Attached: S01E08 Some Assembly Required.jpg (1280x720, 136K)

how dare
MCU bad, do not go against the hive

Attached: waspshrunk.png (620x570, 371K)

Is there any good fanfiction for this show? I'm looking now but all I'm finding is MCU stuff and mpreg.

"Leave? Why would I want to leave? I'm precisely where I want to be."

No ONE can properly ENUNCIATE like HE does. It takes a very. special. kind. of. actor. To just ooze out and relish each and everything syllable.

>Implying the Avengers had a show worth watching before EMH

When I want something so badly that I'm willing to go for fanfics, I tend to go to FFN and AO3 and sort them according to the biggest number of reviews/kudos. Sometimes that comes up with something good, although often it just brings up terrible shipping fics that people lap up.
Both sites have a section for EMH fics. However, I haven't read any of their stories and can't say if there's any good content there or not.

If you want something that's as close to the show as possible, the cartoon also got some spin-off comics. Some issues were just direct recaps of the episodes with screencaps for art, but the majority were original stories.

Attached: RCO004_1466219231.jpg (1048x1600, 439K)

Oh yeah I forgot about that. Didn't one of them even address the issue of whether or not Jan is a mutant? She's not.

>Earth's Mightiest Heroes
>When I was a kid
Fuck you.

rude

bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-china-47743791

>The Chinese word for #Centrum soon began trending - with over 32 million users interacting with the hashtag.

>Many expressed their glee at finding themselves the object of Hiddleston's affections, with one fan posting a quote which said: "I'm not his fan. I'm his wife."

>"Look at the money I spent because of you, husband," another posted, alongside a receipt that showed she had spent 148 yuan (£16 ;$22) on Centrum.

fanfiction.net/s/7015184/1/Complex-Designs

How did they get away with her tits looking like this?

Attached: capture.png (1366x768, 1.36M)

Thanks
Yeah, unfortunately sorting by favorites brings up a lot of "sexy" fanfictions. I'll keep digging and see if I can find any fun team-family punching villian type fics. Thanks for bringing the comics to my attention.

How do we save Wasp from the abyss of the MCU?

Attached: 1394262328415.jpg (640x360, 44K)

If only she weren't such a cuntus maximus...