ITT: Talentless hacks

ITT: Talentless hacks

Attached: 2386534-brianazzarello_564.jpg (447x640, 31K)

Benis

Attached: defenders-easter-egg-bendis-1079790.jpg (1280x854, 119K)

I can honestly say I've never actually loved a comic he's written, they're too sparse and forcefully noir. The hype from early 100 Bullets gave him name power, but it was too short-lived to ever be truly relevant.

is that Morrison with a disguise on

Attached: super-kike.jpg (478x694, 104K)

christ, I remember reading the first trade of 100 Bullets and being so hyped for the rest of it, but I couldn't afford to buy the whole series at the time

then when I did pick it up a few years later, I genuinely doubted my sanity because the rest of it is so fucking bad that I couldn't believe the earlier parts of it could ever have been good, it's such an insane drop-off once he moves past the short stories into the conspiracy shit

Def this faggot

Attached: James-Tynion-IV-1.jpg (750x397, 39K)

Steve Orlando is a Grant Morrison fanfic writer

Attached: 01BomRbj.png (512x512, 440K)

I heard Morrison and Johns get thrown a lot as hacks but Idk why?
I like Morrisons Doom Patrol, X-Men run, Flex Mentallo, JLA and 52.
I also got introduced to GL and JSA through Johns and the stories he wrote in JSA was pretty good too. Black Adam and Atom Smasher during and after Dark Reign was pretty based tbqh. So he’s a big part of my comic reading journey.
Can any user here give me a reason why their considered hacks now?
Is it because they did something wrong?

Alan Moore? More like Alan Leess

Johns is just a fanboy writer who got too big by purely pandering to other fanboys. He writes like he learnt to write by exclusively reading capeshit. He has never punched above okay.

Ewwwing

Same can be said about Gerard Way.

Ellis too.

Didn’t he flat-out said his DP run was pure fan-fic?

I meant Ellis fanfiction writer.

Gerard Way has his own style, and is a good writer. Orlando is neither good and just uses Morrison's, Ellis' and Ennis' concepts in the blandest ways possible, without any sort of creativity.

No, he thinks he's writing ground breaking life changing shit. He outright redid the #30 issue but much shittier and he claimed that it was a personal work and that he's hoping he helped people that struggle with mental problems.

What’d you say, pussy?

#30? He has never written any #30 of anything.

Idiot. Issue #30 titled "Going Underground" from the Grant Morrison run of Doom Patrol.

>He writes like he learnt to write by exclusively reading capeshit.
Eh, I don’t think its really a bad thing. I’m sure a lot of people did that too. Are you saying he ONLY writes things based on capeshit?
>He has never punched above okay.
I don’t know if it’s just me and how I was exposed to Johns but I think most of his works are enjoyable. I don’t think he needs to make something astonishing, I just want to read a fun story and he’s pretty well suited in that category imo.
But I agree him in the directors seat isn’t really a good idea.

Morrison is anything but a hack and Johns is hit or miss

Johns is good, Id agree on that, but he never wrote anything really great. He's got a huge following and his fans try to portray him as some influential figure, which is why he gets so much hate.

why is his batman/tmnt stuff so fun but everything else so shit
he should play to his strengths instead of being Snyder's ghostwriter

Oh, I never viewed Johns as some great master or anything but his GL run was one of the first GL stories I read and I have a soft spot for that. Really, I just think he’s an okay writer that shines here and there. I don’t hate him as much as others and maybe thats because I’m biased, which I am willing to admit.
Jeez, how do I not know what the term “exclusively” means.

T: kirby

Attached: whose to blame.jpg (450x488, 49K)

Same with Waid.

Cereal Lord's real problem is that his imagination, such as it is, is pure fanfic tier. And not even decent fan fiction at that.

He can be entertaining, I would give him that, but I would never apply "good" to him - that implies a level of craft that I just don't think is in him, but I would agree with >soft spot for that that sometimes the fan boy in me does appreciate some of the things he can cobble together but he's written to much hackneyed crap in the past 8 years to give him a pass for that any longer and the number of things that man starts and never finishes is just far too long a list.

Anyone who draws animesque is a hack automatically.

I can't really comment on Lee since I don't read Marble but reading those books he did for Dynamite or Boom or whomever it was (Starborn?) - those were just derivative as fuck.

And his entire Just Imagine line for DC is proof enough that he's a hack.

>Just Imagine
Pretty cringey stuff there (Wrestler Batman, lul wtf?) but the designs for Flash and Wonder Woman was cool.

I dont really like this guy but at least he writes, like, 1 or maybe 2 projects at a time so he doesnt flood the market. Also I genuinely liked Dr. 13, much more than I've liked anything from the highly talked about in this thread, Geoffrey Johns, whom I find much more consistent but never great. Same with Waid or Parker or Pak or Ewing. Bendis is pure trash and the fact that people pretend he was better pisses me off. Tynion I've mostly ignored, same with Aaron or Tomasi.
Now the real hacks, I'd have to name Hickman, Bendis, Dixon, Rucka, Cates, BKV.

Dont comment then ignorant

I think it's pretty telling re: Geoff Johns that he's never tried to make anything to call his own. The entirety of his bibliography is just playing with other people's toys.

T: Steve Ditko

Slott

lmao rekt

No one tosses around Grant Morrison's name as . hack. Some here will bitch about fans of his praising everything he does but even they rarely came it's badly written or poorly written or some such.

There's plenty of books in the Just Imagine line alone to have an opinion, and tons of issues of the stuff he did outside Marvel.

Yep, true that but that may have been, to an extent, the artists

>may

The only thing I've read of his was his Luke cage MAX series and it was so bad it was unbelievable.

You know it's true.

Attached: 09-alan-moore-chatroom.w710.h473.2x.jpg (1200x799, 746K)

Attached: Literally Me.jpg (600x599, 67K)

Sure thing, Geoff.

>Dixon

Attached: frank a minute.jpg (200x200, 21K)