Doom Patrol

Anybody else watching this? Thoughts? I finally caught up and fuck am I enjoying it

Attached: p16556989_b_v8_ab.jpg (960x1440, 278K)

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#F!1h0xUCQK!36LodkfUqLX-z1-GR6rpzg
youtube.com/watch?v=bwMM4HcdPyQ
sequentialtart.com/archive/aug02/gmorrison2.shtml
youtube.com/watch?v=mFC1R-Op5iU
youtube.com/watch?v=wFwmYIbzCMc
youtube.com/watch?v=DN6YD8AdPaM
rockdalenewtoncitizen.com/news/local/newton/doom-patrol-filming-in-covington-monday/article_d585f70e-1ddb-5851-8616-720bd327396c.html
thegww.com/exclusive-doom-patrol-audition-tapes-confirms-flex-mentallo/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geoff_Johns#DC_Comics
youtube.com/watch?v=hIIjCNFS5Wg
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLGwhh2xsdRtBtLRUnzt1U60TUxBNxv1vh
youtube.com/watch?v=iwMcc3-9Wrg
springfieldspringfield.co.uk/view_episode_scripts.php?tv-show=doom-patrol-2019&episode=s01e06
nj.com/news/2019/05/gun-girl-kaitlin-bennett-showed-up-at-rutgers-university-and-someone-called-the-cops.html
popcultureuncovered.com/2018/03/28/we-dont-talk-about-guns-the-way-we-talk-about-the-x-men/
youtu.be/uL1SZsuL-Vo
youtube.com/watch?v=h0p7T0Pc68M
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I can't watch cheap shows.

It gets really good comments on Fridays through Saturdays when the show drops. You should check those out if you want to talk about the show

I've been enjoying it myself, disregard @107349096 ladderbro, he wouldn't know good tv if it punched him in the mouth

Nope.

Its pretty good. The episode where they went into the underground was underwhelming though and i haven't really been paying attention to it since.

Of course not.

No one wants to watch DC shit let alone pay for nothing but DC shit.

When's the new episode coming out today?

Streaming, 20 minutes ago. Pirating, probably not for another 2+ hours, minimum.

So is why does cyborg get to be in Teen Titans, JL and doom patrol?

Wew lads

Attached: Screenshot_2019-05-03 Watch Doom Patrol Season 1 on DC Universe.png (387x392, 225K)

Thats a bretty good Flex.

Pretty good. Hit strong with Brendan. That scene where he learns to walk was pretty kino

yoooooooooooooo

>Cliff doesn't know anything about technology despite being a fucking robot
That's hilarious

i was hoping hed be more hench but as long as he changes reality with a single tense im good

Attached: dp28.webm (1018x544, 1.44M)

Little early for faps, but I don't mind

>rita episode

finally

Is that Timothy goddamn Dalton?

Attached: dp29-1.webm (1018x544, 2.63M)

aye, alan tudyke is in it aswell they have some amazing scenes together

>

Attached: 1527338092648.jpg (912x707, 134K)

Karen's too cute

Attached: dp30.webm (203x413, 338K)

Damn, I know Brendan Frasser is that robot guy too, but I had no idea about those two. What's this about? It feels different to what I assumed it was when I first saw (regurgitated marvel gritty tension with sparkles of deadpan comedy)

Cliff always has the best banter

search for their "boss" (tomothy dalton) who has been kidnapped by mr nobody (alan tudyk)
it touches some depressing aspects because the whole gimmick is that theyre all broken people but there are happy moments too it has some good comic relief aswell

>No one wants to watch DC shit let alone pay for nothing but DC shit.
>Implying you pay money to watch TV shows
Retarded, or just a literal 60 year old boomer?

Attached: hmm.png (741x568, 29K)

Attached: dp31.webm (692x545, 2.9M)

Would you peep?

Attached: dp33.webm (1000x545, 3M)

>Vic goes nuts and beats the shit out of Silas
>It was Mr. Nobody fucking with him all along
fuck

Attached: dp32.webm (781x545, 1.14M)

>flex mentallo next week
Get ready for kino boys

And now two from next week's teaser. First is Flex.

Attached: dp34.webm (801x538, 1.46M)

Second is Nobody.

Attached: dp35.webm (805x441, 771K)

The fourth wall jokes are putrid, as is the sheer cowardice of Mr. Nobody’s redesign only to just have him look like a human for most of the program, but I like that the quirky meme implications of the trailers were misleading and the show is true to Morrison’s run of damaged folks navigating their personal plights as they combat the maliciously strange

I fucking love Flex Mentallo

>Actually seeing a live-action Flex Mentallo in 2019
What planet did i end up on, it can't be earth

What a goofball

I feel like context would only make this weirder

>no HERO OF THE BEACH

what what in the butt?

I guarantee it's going to show up, but maybe only at the climax

I like it due to the show draws heavy from the anything goes Grant Morrison run. And that we have Danny The Street in it too.

Attached: 2aef2c46f2d4f408edf103f433692325--doom-patrol-grant-morrison.jpg (736x1184, 519K)

I like that he has a very aesthetic body no homo. It just wouldn't look right with a professional bodybuilder.

What was this “Devil” even a reference to?

Flex has been locked up in the ant farm for god knows how long and the Patrol is helping him figuring his powers out

>half-naked amidst all those sparks

What a fucking champ.

>no doom patrol merch
what the fuck man

So is weird good or weird bad:

>Ducktape under and over tits

Strangely suggestive for a network show, but I'm not complaining.

Especially given the program's feminist overtones.

Uploading here
mega.nz/#F!1h0xUCQK!36LodkfUqLX-z1-GR6rpzg

based mega user, thank you as always

Attached: Berry Allen.png (438x572, 103K)

>What was this “Devil” even a reference to?
Shadowy Mr. Evans is Noël Coward.
youtube.com/watch?v=bwMM4HcdPyQ
sequentialtart.com/archive/aug02/gmorrison2.shtml
>I just re-read a bunch of Doom Patrols and they were fucking brilliant. I'm a little ashamed that I would never dare end the X-Men on a full-page cliffhanger featuring a floating pyramid and a Satanic Noel Coward lookalike with a periscope in his head shouting the words 'REVERTH MY BUTTOCKTH SERGEANT MAJOR!'

Attached: RCO018_1469181763.jpg (958x1516, 272K)

Thank you. That's been bothering me for years.

Worst thing Nobody did in the comics was run for president, this was something else

HE'S HERE

>regurgitated marvel gritty tension with sparkles of deadpan comedy
Holy shit user give it a try it's so much more than that, it's Legion tier

nothing will ever be Legion-tier ESPECIALLY not something from DC

Well he also trapped Paris in a painting and had cops turned into toilettes

>people still using Legion as a bench mark after season two

Attached: D5cbmSxXsAATJyl.png (1086x450, 452K)

Who is the actor? He kinda looks like Netflix Punisher

Nice

after reading about the ending the perfect soundtrack for Cyborg would be Roland kayn's 'A Little Electronic milky way of Sound'.

s02e06 was absolute K I N O

youtube.com/watch?v=mFC1R-Op5iU

Well the show doesn't go THAT far on the weirdness. Even Darren Jones is completely cukcoo and disturbing while in the show he's just a government guy

i want that fucking blanket

This actor is so wonderful i much prefer him in his human form rather than his Nobody form. He's already very different from the comic so i don't mind

thank you based meganon

Also any chance we'll get the soundtrack? Those instrumentals in ant farm were god tier

so the nanites were never taking him over? he brain fucked him damn

Yeah he basically tricked him into removing Grid

No, they were. It was just everything about Grid coming back online while at the Ant Farm that was just Nobody fucking with him. At least I'm pretty sure.

I think the nanite were fixing him, but never going to take over Vic. All that Grid paranoia was Nobody fucking with him. I think

I'm sure this is going to be cleared up pretty explicitly next episode with a simple "What the hell happened, Vic?"

So, the butts were totally made by Mzyzptlk, and he didn’t take them with him when he was banished. This is my head canon and I refuse to think otherwise.

Goddamn Nobody, really twisting that dagger.

You know, this particular page made me drop the comic. I was like "this is too weird, it's making me feel tired". Then i went back from the start and i totally loved it. Maybe i wasn't in the right mood for it, i knew it was weird but not THAT weird.

That image was where it got pretty stupid, I mean I still wished the show hadn't half assed the whole stabbing his wife's eye out cause of something stupid and petty but there's a point where it all just becomes nonsense

I want to know how the fuck they got Clint Mansell. Forget Tudyk, Dalton and Fraser, a composer of his talent on a mainstream superhero tv show? That’s the serious feat that they pulled off, and goddamn if he doesn’t kill it with each track.

>cuck-face!
did he really just say that

of course, I mean it's not like there was some previously established character that was associated with butts or anything?

Attached: Butt Balloon.png (640x360, 239K)

Cliff is from a different time

But after it you get the incredible arc with Mr.Nobody running for president with some based Jamie Hewlett art. And let's not forget about Cliff's trippy dream after he gets his brain crushed or the evil Chief reveal

>mfw remembering the pinata scene

Attached: Eevee Scared.png (1024x1990, 489K)

I more meant during that arc, the president stuff was great

Right, the Mr.Evans arc was just Morrison throwing random stuff at the wall to see what sticks. Sometimes i wonder how DC gave him so much freedom

Loved this costume design, one of the few times the show feels as visually fucked up as Case's art.

Attached: Doom.Patrol.S01E12.Cyborg.Patrol.1080p.DCU.WEB-DL.AAC2.0.H264-NTb.mkv_snapshot_22.05.917.jpg (1920x1080, 128K)

Holy shit that is straight up out of the comic pages, i need to watch the episode

at the time they were willing to let anyone with an accent try whatever they wanted
these days, thanks to them allowing to try anything he wanted, he became too big of a name for some editor to mandate shit on him (a lesson Marvel didn't quite understand)
but yeah, Doom Patrol kinda loses it's rhythm after the second Brotherhood arc, but it still has some highs here and there

More than one extradimensional being can find butts funny, user.

Not hairy enough.

At this point it feels like Jane just want to get hatefucked by the big Robotman dick

sex

>Larry takes the Negative Spirit with him
Character growth, nigga

Attached: Perfect.jpg (500x500, 43K)

matter of time

Attached: DP63.jpg (960x621, 127K)

This comic seems a little uneven when it comes to the use of the comic elements, like how the Negative Spirit and Mr Nobody look nothing like the comic or the whole Mento and gang thing going in a very different (but not necessarly bad) direction, and then you get stuff like this, Danny and Flex who are just taken from Morrison's work

The standards for bodybuilders have changed unfortunately

*This show

How long until we get The Brotherhood of MAGA?

Attached: BrotherhoodOfMAGA.png (1004x791, 183K)

What did he mean by that

Attached: mpc-hc64_2019-05-03_20-12-15.png (1280x720, 614K)

>yfw you saw this

Attached: file.png (242x255, 92K)

I wish Nobody looked more like the comic version but at least his actor is amazing

youtube.com/watch?v=wFwmYIbzCMc
HYPE!

...oh

Attached: 1534497394310.png (1282x724, 595K)

So did Cyborg actually kill his dad or just beat the shit out of him and likely give him brain damage

God with you anons

My major issue with the design is that having a face is explicitly Nobody's weakness in the comics.

Bless you megaman

the direction was based this ep

Attached: Doom.Patrol.S01E12.Cyborg.Patrol.1080p.DCU.WEB-DL.AAC2.0.H264-NTb.mkv_snapshot_03.13.080.jpg (1920x1080, 106K)

She needs an episode that either fully or partially focuses on her or her past. All the charcaters have gotten that except her, so either they're saving something juicy for the next episode or the finale? How many episodes are left anyway? I want to see what ready did to that baby that made that lady kill herself?

This episode felt Legion as fuck.

I’d freak out if they got Noah Hawley to do an episode next season.

>tfw they got an actor with NATTY AESTHETICS to play Flex

NICE

>having a face is explicitly Nobody's weakness
Explain? I thought his face blew off when he was clockblocked from reaching godhood

YOOOOOOOOOO

Attached: DayEsl6VQAARcuH.jpg (800x450, 34K)

There was this little delay before he took him and it was positively nervewracking

That Smiths song better play. Swear to god.

Knowing that he's in a tv show sort of makes Mr. Nobody the opposite of crazy/dada since he knows what's up and is just being a major jerk with his powers rather than lashing out from a demented state of mind. He's basically a poser

In the comics Nobody is a living shadow, he wasn't trying to attain godhood, he was trying to erase his identity and so he becomes Nobody, he doesn't exist.

The government send an assassin after him who throws a face onto Nobody thereby giving him an identity and making him mortal which allows him to be killed.

name a more kino scene
>protip: you possibly can, that show has so many good scenes in it, hard to say which is the best
youtube.com/watch?v=DN6YD8AdPaM

Was the general being served a big mac on a fancy platter a jab at the white house dinner?

Attached: vlcsnap-2019-05-03-21h09m51s944.png (1280x578, 396K)

I took it more as a jab at Americans in general.

Potentially. But the Bureau of Normalcy has always been a jab at American government in general.

I thought it was a joke about americans and the military in general. Did you not see how many medals he had?

Right. I haven't read the comics to be honest.
>Did you not see how many medals he had?
They're right there in the pic I posted.

i thought it was about bureau of normalcy, that for all their fancy tries to preserve the mass produced anti individualistic american way. Big Mac on a fancy platter is a perfect way to illustrate that.

Yeah, it's a great scene. The dude was just introduced and they managed to show (not tell) what kind of a guy he is in 15 seconds

The Reservoir Dogs joke was good as well.

Right, which is why I'm saying the absurd amount of medals should have given away that they were making fun of stuff

How does making fun of generals having lots of medals mean it wasn't also making fun of the President serving McDonald's at the White House? I'm pretty sure it was both. For whatever reason it seems like a thing for Yea Forums anons to insist they don't notice any sort of politically charged content. Not that I'm annoyed about the use of orange man bad moments, but it just seems silly to me to pretend it isn't what it is in this case.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 155K)

It reminds me of Samuel L. Jackson in Kingsmen having the fancy McDonald's dinner.

Sounds like you just want to be upset about something and are reaching for it.

I never said it wasn't. I'm just saying it was mocking americans and the government in general. Why are you having such a hard time with that one?

I said I wasn't upset by it. If anything, the only thing I get close to being upset by is people pretending not to notice obvious things. I'm in my 30s and have never voted even once in any sort of election. I'm not exactly a political fanatic.

I'm not the same user you were replying to initially. But you asked here:
>Did you not see how many medals he had?
In response to the other user pointed out the White House fast food reference. That makes it sound like you're disagreeing with him for that reason, suggesting his opinion would be different had he noticed the medals.

>absurd amount of medals
Fairly realistic amount for an U.S. general. Those guys all seem to have a breast full of them.
>they were making fun of stuff
That's half the show. Donkey farts and whatnot.
It's an observation, not outrage. Like I said it was a great scene but it does seem like a jab at the white house dinner.

>For whatever reason it seems like a thing for Yea Forums anons to insist they don't notice any sort of politically charged content
Because no one wants /pol/fags of either side to descend on the thread and fuck it up over their meaningless debates about which fucktards are worse

You make it worse by intentionally pretending not to notice obvious things. It becomes an itch that everyone who does notice and doesn't share in your defensive pretending strategy will then want to scratch, creating the political derailments you were trying to avoid to begin with.

The Doom Patrol episode was basically a Rita episode. It focused on her past with Mento.

>The butts are loose.

Attached: image (4).jpg (1357x720, 41K)

Mmmm, not really.

I feel the same way which is why I called it the white house dinner instead of trump dinner. You're the guy stoking the flames here

not living in America, not giving a fuck. I wrote which seems like a better headcannon to me, so if you prefer yours that's fine, but i don't really care about it.

More accurately, he's a brain inside a robot's body.

You're literally doing it right now.

...what?

>He's already very different from the comic

He kind of isn't though.

>More accurately, he's a brain inside a robot's body.
Are you a brain inside a person's body?

You mean you are by not letting it drop, user. So just drop it.
No, he really really is. Comic Nobody is a LOT less sadistic and more just about fucking around and keeping everything weird

Dude, you keep bringing it up, but you insist that you aren’t bothered by it. No one else is talking about it cause no one cares.

You're imagining two people are one person.

That's a philosophical question

I'm pretty sure the writing and filming was long finished when the Burgering happened.

>Burgering
you misspelled hamberdering

Okay so what the fuck was up with the discussion between Trainor and Forsythe?
>you never really left
Did he imply that they have a copy or a piece or something of the negative spirit in a vault somewhere?

Rita episode and Flex? Can we have both?

Larry is gay for Flex, but Flex just wants to be the Hero of the Beach

Next episode will require the whole cast to break out of the Ant Farm so Rita is definitely in.
I suspect that Flex will be one of the freaks they've got locked up in there and that's how he is introduced

Oh? You didn't realize? He's the bearded guy Cyborg was talking to. In the comic they basically found him in the same state

>gay for Flex
Who isn't, desu

I thought the beard guy was going to be some joke about Alan Moore or some shit. But I'm glad that I got the basic gist of the next episode pegged out.

It's nice to see the team finally working together

I've liked the more chill Jane lately.

did that lady that cliff fell on die?

Hopefully

It’s cause Hammerhead isn’t the overriding personality anymore, and only comes out when she’s useful.

only her body

NOOOO STOP MAKING LARRY SAD

>Did he imply that they have a copy or a piece or something of the negative spirit in a vault somewhere?
No. He was taunting Larry in the same exact way Darren taunted Silas earlier:
>You can take the man out of the ant farm...
>Trust me. I'm out.
Forsythe was fucking with Larry by suggesting their organization owns him forever and even if he spends time outside he's inevitably going to fall back under their omnipresent and relentless control as this world's Illuminati Rothschild Bilderberg secret government. When he says:
>You never really left in spirit, if you'll pardon the pun.
He's literally just making a pun about the Negative Spirit. He wasn't saying they had the Spirit the whole time, he was saying Larry's time away with a futile gesture and that no one ever really leaves.

Was that Nixon-years conversation some subtle secret comic foreshadowing then?

It was an obvious liberal dogwhistle, and everyone knew it as soon as they made the general sound like an idiot who also liked mcdonalds.

I mean, how much does the average person know about human anatomy or just biology in general

Right, that makes sense.
This might seem obvious but isn't Larry's initial time spent at the Ant Farm a gay conversion camp allegory? So how does Forsythe fucking with him even further make any sense if he was already allowed to leave the facility earlier?

>This might seem obvious but isn't Larry's initial time spent at the Ant Farm a gay conversion camp allegory?
I didn't get that vibe at all

>isn't Larry's initial time spent at the Ant Farm a gay conversion camp allegory?
I don't think so, no.
>So how does Forsythe fucking with him even further make any sense if he was already allowed to leave the facility earlier?
He wasn't allowed to leave. Niles got him out of there. They were doing the classic evil secret organization routine where they pretend like the good guy escaping means nothing because the scope of their power and influence makes it an empty gesture destined to end with him getting taken back in sooner or later. They didn't literally set Larry free themselves.

The negative spirit seems to reciprocate Larry's gay fantasies and have some of it's own. The gay conversion thing, well I suppose the Bureau sucking the spirit out of Larry is like sucking the gayness out of him which seems like gay conversion therapy

I can see the parallels a little, but you are kinda stretching it. The Spirit is learning about humanity via Larry, so whatever Larry desires and regrets, the Spirit amplifies those

>All the colors of butts
I have a dream

I'm just bullshitting saying she's going to be Brain it doesn't mean anything

Attached: 3195682-brain.png (465x640, 263K)

It would be nice if Mr.Nobody was in a green spandex suit with motion capture styrofoams

Attached: eli-manning-snl-motion-capture-sketch-touchdown-dance.png (610x344, 278K)

>I'm pretty sure the writing and filming was long finished when the Burgering happened.
Nope. They were still filming as late as March of this year:
rockdalenewtoncitizen.com/news/local/newton/doom-patrol-filming-in-covington-monday/article_d585f70e-1ddb-5851-8616-720bd327396c.html
And there was an audition tape for the role of Flex as late as February of this year:
thegww.com/exclusive-doom-patrol-audition-tapes-confirms-flex-mentallo/
And the bearded long-haired guy in the cell next to Vic was Flex, meaning they necessarily did filming for that during or later than February of this year.
Usually for a television show not filmed in front of a live audience they start the season before all episodes have been filmed. If anything the timing was probably perfect for them to be inspired by the fancy platter McDonald's food served at the White House dinner back during the government shutdown in January to include the bit with the conservative government bad guy being served a Big Mac from a fancy platter. Scene was way too on the nose to not be a reference to that. I would bet all my life savings it wasn't a coincidence.

Attached: bigmac.jpg (1484x988, 184K)

>Cyborg punching Sialis to death
Holy shit, I was expecting Grid itself to go haywire and blow him up.

If that's all the Spirit is learning about humanity then this film is probably how the inevitable alien invasion works out

Attached: gayniggers.jpg (397x567, 105K)

It was a pretty great subversion. Even though we all knew Mr. Nobody was in play and looking to get inside everyone's heads to fuck their shit up the knowledge of what happens with Grid from the comics was a perfect red herring.

Honestly, the fact they named his AI "Grid" at all still fucking impresses me. I'm an oldfag (grew up watching Spider-man & Friends and Superfriends), and every time I see evidence that a writer actually reads comics, it makes me do a little doubletake.

Attached: JUSTL_26_2.jpg (550x846, 161K)

The executive producer for the Doom Patrol TV series is most well known for his work as a comic book writer.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geoff_Johns#DC_Comics

Johns has a very heavy hand in most of these shows, so that's not unexpected

With as much shit directly from Morrison’s run, or the entire tone of the show fitting his work, I can’t imagine anyone that’s worked on the show hasn’t at least read his run.

Attached: 1423558332379.jpg (720x540, 174K)

his dad seems like a pretty important character, he's def in the hospital tho.

my question is are larry and negative man going to be able to exist simultaneously now? him passing out every time is getting annoying

mommy I'm on the cap

I'm hoping for something like that too. Mr. Nobody explaining that he can't be in every episode because his special effects are so expensive and they still have the big special effects-laden season finale to shoot.

When's the new episode?

7 days

nine hours ago

>Hit strong with Brendan
He deserves an Emmy for this shit. I feel bad for having used JUST memes all these years.

>Clint Mansell
Yeah the soundtrack for the show is fucking amazing

>At this point it feels like Jane just want to get hatefucked by the big Robotman dick
It felt like that since the first episode.

Downloading it now, guess I should've scrolled a bit first.

>Discount Dexter

I'm glad that peeps can recognize Johns isn't completely terrible. When he's invested on a work you can get some pretty schway stories. Other times he phones it in and dredging through is just a goddamn slog. I remember him portraying the Doom Patrol in his new 52 Justice League run but don't remember much beyond that.

Johns can be blamed for a lot of things, and he should get the blame for a lot of things, but credit gets where credit is due

I actually like Ace of Base

Doesn't mean much mate.
Scripting can be done well, well, before filming even starts.

My man. I'm more of a Kesha fan myself.

Cliff is literally just a moron shoved into a robotic body.
Hell, robotman was always supposed to be primitive, comparatively, to everything else.

Clint Mansell does the music? No wonder i don't hate it.

baby got back

fuck, is he dead bros?
THIS LOOKS AMAZING

season 2 wasn't as good but it was still pretty great
youtube.com/watch?v=hIIjCNFS5Wg

>I'm in my 30s and have never voted even
>once in any sort of election. I'm not
>exactly a political fanatic.

You're worse than that. You let this happen by your inactivity. You're one of the reasons we're in this mess.

hello rita is best waifu

Has Rita done any giantess shit yet or is she still a blob.

The only other connection he has to the DP is that he was able to bring back the old continuity when Superboy Prime punched reality during Infinite Crisis.
The Chief went from the young John Byrne version to white-haired man across panels, and Beast Boy suddenly remembered them.

If America's problems could be fixed by someone constantly whining and bitching about it then surely you've made some great strides in change. Fuck back off to your containment board or talk about Doom Patrol, you absolute waste of air.

how is it larry can stay awake with the negative spirit loose now?

The Ghostbusters' vacuum cleaner.

maybe the hoover that captured negative in a bottle severed the connection between them
it's a copout answer and makes no sense but I cant think of anything better. but larry did seem reluctant to set negative free again

In the comic Larry (literally) sexes with him/her/self.

He was also pretty weak from it. So I think maybe forcing it to happen made it easier?

Flex yet?

This Mr Nobody is down right terrifying

She’s done GIANT BLOB and Stretchy Arm. She has not gotten creative with her shifting yet

bearded flex this week

Pretty disappointing desuuu.
Should be more muscle.

Doom Patrol Patrol was mostly about the old Doom Patrol with some focus on Rita on the side which was nice.

still Jane, Larry, and Cliff have gotten a lot of episode focused on them with Jane even getting entire episodes for herself. Victor had is mini subplot with Grid which concluded in an episode solely dedicated to him. Rita had what? Mento and the Decreator episodes and the Decreator stuff wasn't really that much about her even if it affected her. She needs more stuff dedicated to her.

Also the characters are reaching some major arc conclusions. Larry with John and learning to accept himself, Jane with needing to accept other people's help and start allowing herself to care for others, Cliff finally his daughter, and now Cyborg with his distrust of his father (which ended pretty badly).

Rita so far has had a mini subplot about accepting herself but she still really has something major that the show needs to deal with. She's the one member that still has a major secret and that we still don't know what exactly it is. So far all we know is that it involves a baby and Rita causing said baby's mom to kill herself. It's also something so horrible that Mento was so appalled that he didn't want anything to do with her anymore.

It's so horrible that Rita didn't want to reveal it in the therapy session and thinks she deserves to be punished for it. it's also partially why she wants to go back to being who she was as Gertrude Cramp.

I guess at one point Mr. Nobody is going to use said secret against her and she'll be at the mercy of her team's judgement.

The Scientist guy who had him did something to his connection to Keeg and next episode's summary mentions that Larry will find out just how connected he is with the Negative Spirit.

I really hope Papa Stone is still alive after this, Like I know this show gets dark but that seems like too much

Everyone is gay for Flex, Flex just has eyes for his wife and, like you said, for being the Hero of the Beach.

that seemed pretty heavily implied so no he's not

Attached: pqyktmJwPz1uzjnt8o1_1280.png (700x900, 295K)

what are you fucking faggots even talking about the show is absolute dog shit

Attached: XSGfeBv.png (860x382, 507K)

Danny is great

Attached: danny street.jpg (640x360, 29K)

Comic Mr. Nobody hated fascists, Show Mr. Nobody doesn't seem to give a shit.

Show Mr. Nobody is also angrier, cruel, and sadistic, and throws tantrums when he doesn't get his way.

Well looks like we got a Bureau of Normalcy dickbag here

Can I watch this without having watched Titans?

Yes, but why would you want to?

>Anti fascist character became a toxic manchild psychopath
What kind of comic age are we living now?

Technically, yes

It's, basically, better if you do.

I would say just read the one episode with Doom Patrol in it, it doesn't actually tie into the show but it sets the style and introduces some of the characters

Where in for it now you guys

Attached: 1545515105969.jpg (700x719, 63K)

>It's a Golden Age Wonder Woman episode

>We get it, doucheflap. You watched Reservoir Dogs
I keked

Damn that looks so comfy

God just show her actually naked, I want to see Rita's milkers PLEASE SHOW MOMMIES TIDDIES FUCK GOD AHHHHH

Attached: this makes me seethe without an end.jpg (1280x720, 112K)

Mega user you are a rose among thorns. Thank you kindly, as always.

If you shove an idiot's brain into a robot body they're not going to suddenly become an expert in robotics.

Anyone else thought this part was kind of stupid?

I think Negative Spirit and Mr. Nobody are design changes made due their designs not working so well in live action. Electric glowing blue shows up better than void-like black which is a pretty difficult effect to pull off and actually make it look good. Same with nobody, making him completely animated would potentially lead to him appearing less "real" since they probably wouldn't put in the effort needed to properly Roger Rabbit that shit. His TV show design takes his real body and sort of removes and shifts certain parts to create a mosaic effect. They're all different directions from the comics but I think as changes made in favor of the adaption they work pretty well.

Ok this stuff was pretty hard to see. Anyone else cried?

Attached: VSCRSH2019-05-04-00h37m50s068.png (1280x720, 347K)

Season 2 meandered a bit but it was filled with great individual moments and even entire episodes.

At least he is not completely clean shaved.

I like it a lot, I do have a question though. Who was the Constantine guy from the Cult episode? I didn't recognize him.

I wasn't overly impressed by it, I see what they were going for but personally I thought they kinda butchered this arc aside from Cyborg's character growth.
I didn't feel like we got a good look into what the bureau was like or just how weird and off putting everyone with it was suppose to be

Literally a do not steal version of Constantine from the comics because they wouldn't let them use him

Grant Morrison wasn’t allowed to use Constantine, so he made up an almost exact copy for the comic

Different user but with a question about the Old Doom Patrol and what we saw in the TV Series and what's in the comics.
Did Doom Patrol in the comics ever have a school for kids with powers like the X-Men? Or at all in the DC Universe?

One thing I just realized that kind of bothers me is that there are no old heroes/villains that are retired in comics be it Marvel or DC Comics, not enough to have history because theres always Spider-Man and always Bruce Wayne and Batman in comics, you could never really pull of the episode of Old Doom Patrol in comics because they always reuse heroes and reboot everything constantly.

Anyone else see Beast Boy in the escapees?

I thought I might have saw Woodrue from Swamp Thing for a second there

Anyone grab screens?

You mean this guy?

Attached: DP112.mkv_snapshot_36.56_[2019.05.04_00.06.36].png (1920x1080, 1.1M)

I fully acknowledge that I might be full of shit, which is the main reason I didn't mention it

Attached: 1544453564843.png (311x549, 145K)

I’m trying to get a Playlist going for Doom Patrol

Ep12- The Sign (Ace of Base) & They Don’t Know (Tracy Ullman)

Ep11- Moon River (Frank Ocean)

Ep10- Far From Over (Frank Stallone)

Ep9- ?

Ep8- People Like Us (cast)

Ep7- ?

Ep6- Perfect Day (Lou Reed)

Ep5- ?

Ep4- A Horse with No Name (America)

Ep3- not sure of the puck song during the nazi fight & Home, Pt.2 (Robert Lasalle)

Ep2- Lazarus (David Bowie)

Ep1- People are Strange (the Doors)

Did I miss any?

What series is K?

Mento is in the show? They fucking?

They did yes

They did, yeah

Were any other important or interesting heroes/villains spotted during this?

Yes.

Oh, they fucked. Why aren't you watching, bro? You're missing out.

>Did Doom Patrol in the comics ever have a school for kids with powers like the X-Men? Or at all in the DC Universe?

Not really.

>no old heroes/villains that are retired in comics be it Marvel or DC Comics

That was the JSA for a while.

Attached: Zero-Hour-2-19941.jpg (1184x1063, 515K)

K is for Krypton

Something that was hammered in this episode is that Robotman kind of sucks. Is there a real reason for that? He hardly has any gadgets or cool shit like other cybernetic heroes. And he's pretty much always been that way.

Rather than fire a pulse cannon from his arm, I've seen him just tear his arm off and use it as a club. Multiple times. Someone give this man an upgrade.

...That's a thing? Wow, it must be super levels of shit if I've never seen a Yea Forums or Yea Forums thread about it.

Quite the opposite, it's not discussed because it's great.

idk this was the one time i didn't tear up at this show
larry's stuff last episode as well as cliff's i teared up but this i was kinda like meh but it was still sad

>no old heroes/villains that are retired in comics be it Marvel or DC Comic
Try reading the Post-Crisis JSA, they are an inter-generational team with some of the golden age heroes shown being in retirement.

I think Marvel kind of touches on that with the Invaders but it's different and most of them are kept young, but you get some old people.

It gets harder to keep those kind of characters who have their origins and histories tied to events like WWII around when that would make them way too old.

Damn this thread survived the night? Not bad Yea Forums.

show has progress but every episode is like a small movie. it's refreshing not to be a slog of continuity.

hopefully this show has a great season 2, will basically be the best superhero tv period, since legion struggled in season 2.

doom patrol is like the tick, with more darkness, nudity, cursing, soul, acting, cinematography and a better score

Tick has the bizarre-ness of being off brand and satire of the genre but is still fun for all ages (almost to the point of satire in that regard)

I wonder how amazon's series will do. wanted was a horrible adaption, mystery men was a great addition, kickass and defender were mediocre but passable. loads of good anime for it, but mainly tiger & bunny and one punch. watchmen is almost too cynical but does a well enough job of it. Usually a good deconstruction leaves you wanting more

I think it was both.

I haven't read the comics and only seen two episodes. Thus far it's decent and all, but wondering why they chose to time skip to 2019?
It just feels very odd that they'd just be sitting in that house for 20 years.

I think it's a bit far fetched. The gay one is Larry, not really the negative spirit.

It's fun how they also made the TV version feel like discount Constantine too.

More likely floronic man like the other user said. But I got surprised too.

>Tick [...] is still fun for all ages (almost to the point of satire in that regard)
I think it is a satire in that regard too. I can't remember any moment being really dramatic.
I'm only curious about Watchmen, since they clearly stated it is not an adaptation of the comic.

>It's fun how they also made the TV version feel like discount Constantine too.
I actually liked Kip more than Constantine. The actor nailed the grimy wizard archetype so well but he could never pull of John Constantine because the character is too much of a pretty-boy.

Attached: wizards.png (180x209, 15K)

I think it was just to save money on costumes and sets honestly

That I can understand, but it wasn't necessary to explicitly put the setting "IN THE YEAR 2019" like that, especially since nothing seemed to happen during that time-skip sequence. It would have been completely fine to exclude the year 2019 from it all and just have the setting play out normally.
But eh

That's a shame, she had nice tits.

Kinda meh episode. The only thing that got me excited was Flex.

The bureau felt too much like a "generic" anti-meta-human government agency.

I don't understand all the changes they made from the source material. If you wanna get weird with something, get REAL weird with it. The possible exceptions being the story where Cliff got spider legs and the butterflies one. Or anything else that might get too inconsequential to the overreaching story they're going for.

Really? That's kinda funny. I just very recently started reading Morrison's run, and I kept thinking that they could've might as well used Constantine every time the guy was in a frame.

I liked it.

The Ant Farm looking like Nu-Who doing cheap, janky special effects worked for me, as did the "the twist is that they're going to do something genre-typical reasonably compently" anti-twist, up to and including everything going horribly wrong.

Maybe papa stone will make him an all new high tech black body with an A.I. Of its own.

butt butt butt butt butt,
butt butt butt butt
crazybutts

I'm a brain inside a skeleton's body

This episode he was actually closer to the comic, since instead of outright reality warping like before he used his insanitt-driving powers

Are they as surly and swear as much in the comic as in the show?

They're not really as standoff-ish in the comics. I'm 30 issues in, and I haven't really noticed any swearing.

The swearing is probably there to add some edge.

Wait..isnt 13th the last season episode?
Is it just me or this feels like a mid-season show right now?
It would kinda suck if they dealt with both Nobody+Flex arcs in literally 60 minutes...or even worse, if S2 was canned.

Attached: 57.gif (241x283, 1.99M)

The first season will have 16 episodes.

Am I the only one who sees Mr Nobody like he's sheogorath when he's got a vendetta against someone in particular. Just the way he even talks and acts gives me Sheogorath feels.

Attached: images (44).jpg (180x280, 13K)

I don't get how so many people played this Elder Scrolls game. Growing up everyone I knew just played Sonic or Mario, not computer games.

I though he was the creeper

Attached: The creeper.png (329x493, 357K)

Sonic and Mario were mostly played in the 1990s, Elder Scrolls and PC gaming were big in 2000s.

The punk song is Nazi Punks Fuck Off

15 episodes

yes

youtube.com/playlist?list=PLGwhh2xsdRtBtLRUnzt1U60TUxBNxv1vh

Mark Waid was Morrison's editor and couldn't convince the Hellblazer editor to let Morrison use him. Morrison wrote two issues of Hellblazer, and those issues released in the same month that NotConstantine appeared in Doom Patrol.
It happened again too. The writer for a 1990s miniseries about "Stanley and His Monster" wanted to use Constantine as well, and got blocked. So he made ANOTHER NotConstantine for that miniseries

>"Stanley and His Monster" wanted to use Constantine as well, and got blocked. So he made ANOTHER NotConstantine for that miniseries

Attached: STAN2HQ0002.jpg (1947x3035, 1.16M)

Attached: STAN2HQ0003.jpg (1928x3015, 1.22M)

Attached: STAN2HQ0014.jpg (1909x3023, 1.19M)

If I haven't enjoyed the first 4 episodes, mainly because of how toxic the cast is towards eachother and all the excessive swearing, what's the chances i'll enjoy the rest of it?

Jesus Christ user, are you a 11 years old girl?

A big theme is that they're all fucked up in various ways and slowly grow closer together until they're more like a family then a super hero team. Everyone gets closer to each other, but the swearing never goes away

the swearing doesn't change but the attitudes do

>are you a 11 years old girl?
I wish I was...

Attached: a vlcsnap-2018-12-07-16h52m05s553.jpg (1920x1088, 125K)

Fair enough.
I'll pass on this one then.
All the best.

Didn't even realize it was supposed to be Nobody until he showed up, probably because last time we saw him in his weird floating shapes form was like 8 episodes ago.

so the nudity and the gore were fine but the no-no words are where you draw the line?

>read the episode

Nah, but it's the tree that squishes the camel for me. Excessive swearing just gets on my nerves and see it as cheap, immature writing that takes more than it gives.
I gave the show a chance and did not find it to my liking.
It's all good man.

I think the keyword here is "excessive".

Not that guy, but it's a turn-off for me as well. It's like a kid running around swearing because he think it's cool. It just feels like it's trying to hard.

youtube.com/watch?v=iwMcc3-9Wrg
Get fucked Dirk...ya cuckface.

>One. Two. Three. Faults in our Stars!
Karen would call to me like the Siren's song.

Man, I was watching the Kayfabe Commentary on the Comics Journal and at some point, one of the writers says he wishes he could force McFarlane to do cartoonish comedy stuff and seeing those pages I 100% understand what that guy meant.
Also, searching for the artist, I found out he did one of my favourite MtG illustrations ever (and that Stanley and His Monster were created by the same guy who did Doom Patrol. Is this hypercrisis?)

Attached: wth-33-apathy.jpg (488x680, 161K)

Is the three episodes rule still the best way to tell if you will enjoy a show?

It's always been real. Nobody in the show is part of the growth of metafictional thought and the emergence of memetic life

I've started screaming "MOMMY" at the sky whenever Rita appears on screen in the vain hope that she'll appear before me and let me use her breasts as a pillow.

Attached: rita.webm (438x545, 238K)

Attached: 1371639661167.png (360x479, 33K)

Etrigan?

I want Rita to peg me.

>three episodes
What the fuck? No, you watch a whole season

Let's face it, she wouldn't need to wear a strap-on anyway.

Pretty much.

Excellent taste in both women and fetish user.

Attached: scrap.png (1920x1080, 1.52M)

I get the feeling they're keeping Rita underpowered and her real development for last because her power (elasti-girl) is potentially super broken

>Mr. Noboby

Holy shit. He was a very entertaining villain that I loved to hate, but after this I just downright hate, I really want to see him die. Painfully. What a monster.

Not now though, do it in like season 3 or 4 or something.

Attached: 1402437159331.png (201x160, 31K)

Calm down, snowflake.

I don't know, I think he's dead. Nobody doesn't seem like the type that would leave him alive as it wouldn't have as much punch.

As for Larry and the spirit I'm thinking that Larry still being conscious has to do with him finally moving on from any reason to escape to a fantasy world when the spirit exits his body. At first he felt like he should be tortured. Then when he got past that, he played out fantasies with John. The spirit allowed him to get some closure with John and once he passed, Larry was able to work out all his issues and no longer needs an escape.

That's my take on it anyway.

Yeah, except his dad will no longer trust or like him and will probably become the cold, distant Silas Stone from the comics.

She also has other assets user.

Attached: rita far actress april bowlby sweaty in two and a half men.webm (1920x1080, 1.42M)

>Rita being protective over cliff after hearing that scientist lady talk shit about him
cute

I recommend checking out Tunefind, it generally updates soon after each episode.

please I just wanna get into Mr. Nobody's Electric Kool Aid Bus

with nobody I think they just wanted to not have their main villain, in addition to two of their protagonists, to be totally lacking all facial expression

>Finally a superhero team I can actually use!

What did he mean by that? What the fuck is he planning?

Attached: nervous pepe.jpg (231x218, 7K)

He's creating his masterpiece, a superhero story complete with traumatic origins and likely a big cliché battle at the end complete with tragic ending.

The asset I'm interested in is her strap-on. I want this woman to peg me all day, every day.

Attached: AprilBowlbyInt_marquee_5c8073d4cdbc31.79289363.jpg (2294x1426, 758K)

>someone capped my thread

3 episodes

>I get the feeling they're keeping Rita underpowered and her real development for last because her power (elasti-girl) is potentially super broken
How is her power broken? Jane is already basically God, turning into a giant or having stretching powers isn't going to come anywhere close to that. Actually even Larry's way more powerful than that, the Negative Spirit was the only thing so far that's actually stopped Mr. Nobody.

They are gonna bring back silas as the brain. Or make him a cyborg named grid

>I'm just bullshitting saying she's going to be Brain it doesn't mean anything
>They are gonna bring back silas as the brain.
TV Doom Patrol already has the Brain. He was mentioned as having escaped in that episode with Mento.

It didn't look like that there was a brain in the case though.

Silas can't be the brain as it would get rid of his tragic love story and I want him to have a terribly cheesy french accent.

>It didn't look like that there was a brain in the case though.
What? Mento said Brain got away. Not sure what you're talking about.

springfieldspringfield.co.uk/view_episode_scripts.php?tv-show=doom-patrol-2019&episode=s01e06
>Unfortunately, the brain escaped.
>But he won't get up to much mischief without his helm.

Oh yeah forgot that. Wonder what he's doing? Setting up the Brotherhood of Evil?

>How is her power broken?

The Doom Patrol have asked themselves "Why does Rita need us again?" The answer they came up with is "She doesn't. We need her." Rita is easily the most powerful of the Doom Patrol. Check the comics. 90 percent of the things they face when Rita is on the roster are easily solved by Rita's powers.
>Jane is already basically God,
You dear sweet summer child.

Attached: Elasti-Girl_03.jpg (377x664, 38K)

>They are gonna bring back silas as the brain.

You can't become The Brain when you don't have one anymore. Why are people suggesting Silas isn't dead? He's pretty fucking dead.

No, Jane has the ability to do almost anything. Rita isn't more powerful than Jane. Not that they ever overlapped in the comics unless it happened during some shit post-Morrison run that nobody should read to begin with.

Also Rita would have no way of stopping non-physical magic like the TV version's Mr. Nobody. TV version gay Larry on the other hand was able to stop him with the Negative Spirit, and that's in fact the one and only time he's been stopped by anyone so far, on screen or otherwise.

>claims to know the Doom Patrol
>hasn't read anything but Morrison

Attached: 1553643494644.png (342x421, 74K)

>Why are people suggesting Silas isn't dead? He's pretty fucking dead.
I wondered about that too. When I watched it I interpreted "YOU DID IT" as something Mr. Nobody would only broadcast to Vic *after* Silas was dead. Wouldn't be much point in revealing your plan and stopping Vic from continuing to mindlessly pummel his father to death BEFORE he was fully dead.

>The prefix -post means after AND before
I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you're only pretending to be retarded.

I didn't know Janefags were a thing, but here they are. Just as stupid as all the other fanboys on Yea Forums

I don't like Jane. I'm just aware she's way overpowered. It's kind of weird you apparently decide how powerful characters are based on how much you like them.

It takes a special kind of non-comic reading retard to declare a character like Crazy Jane who is powerful but not that powerful, and say that she's an unstoppable god who can do anything. Read a fucking comic you nerd.

I didn't say she was unstoppable. She's about as close to an omnipotent reality warper as that TV show has next to Mr. Nobody. She has a giant pile of random superpowers which are only defined by her mental illness in the first place e.g. the powers go away in the comics after she learns to accept her other personalities fully, and new personalities are created with older ones merging, so it's a dynamic and unlimited process on top of the excessive list of already defined powers she has.

She literally overpowered Anti-God.

Attached: RCO017_1468937539.jpg (1056x1600, 673K)

Attached: chief.jpg (634x969, 170K)

THE BUTTS ARE LOOSE

you can tell the TV show has a more American sense of humour than Morrison

>I get the feeling they're keeping Rita underpowered and her real development for last because her power (elasti-girl) is potentially super broken
It's mostly based on Morrison DP. And they hinted really hard what will happen with "you and I both know, there's no way they all make it to the finish line." It's an interesting line because had he just said "they're all going to die" you could dismiss it as typical villain talk, but the fact it was qualified as not all of them surviving makes it a lot more likely he's right and one of them is going to die. Rita was the one character out of TV DP who was killed off and kept dead throughout Grant's run.

Attached: RitaDead.jpg (1040x1600, 659K)

>conservative government bad guy
BoN are SJWs

Waiting for season to end so I can just watch it in one go.

>BoN are SJWs
They want to hunt down and incapacitate the marginalized, not protect and promote them.

They hunt down and jail people for wrong think. That is 100% an SJW/liberal thing to do

>actually it's us conservatives that are the TRUE victim because we can't call people niggers and faggots without consequences!

>trying to ruin people's lives because they do wrong think
>not the badguys

nj.com/news/2019/05/gun-girl-kaitlin-bennett-showed-up-at-rutgers-university-and-someone-called-the-cops.html

Not making anything up.

You're confusing actions with beliefs. There isn't any reason why a socially liberal or socially conservative person necessarily has to use extreme force to push their views.

I'm not bitching about being oppressed. I am pointing out the BoN is a reference to the political left. Just like how X-men is a metaphor for people with disabilities owning firearms.

So
Where does Cyborg go from here?

Dude fuck off, your posts were deleted for a reason

>Dude fuck off, your posts were deleted for a reason
My posts were deleted because bureau of normalcy fucks like you hate anyone who thinks different

>Just like how X-men is a metaphor for people with disabilities owning firearms.
Oh, you were just trolling.

>I am pointing out the BoN is a reference to the political left.
Do you not have the ability to think from a different person's perspective? The people who made this show absolutely did not make the Bureau of Normalcy a "reference to the political left." Do you understand how for this to be true these writers / producers would need to be conservative and not liberal? Do you honestly believe they are conservative and not liberal?

popcultureuncovered.com/2018/03/28/we-dont-talk-about-guns-the-way-we-talk-about-the-x-men/
people demanding mutant registration (Civil war was also about how evil gun control is)
And one of the recent creators on cable or xforce tweeted about how xmen is about gun rights

>Do you not have the ability to think from a different person's perspective?
Of course, I am not a BoN/liberal
>The people who made this show absolutely did not make the Bureau of Normalcy a "reference to the political left." Do you understand how for this to be true these writers / producers would need to be conservative and not liberal? Do you honestly believe they are conservative and not liberal?
the author is dead

Depression Nap
Man hes earned it

Attached: Doom.Patrol.S01E05.iNTERNAL.1080p.WEB.H264-AMRAP.mkv_snapshot_50.25.534.jpg (1920x1080, 98K)

>the author is dead
That's a valid concept, but then you can't call it a reference.

It can still be symbolic or a reference without direct author input. Just like how mass effect 3 ends with shepard being indoctrinated and the red ending is him overcoming the indoctrination and this being shown by the only ending he survives in despite the fact the writers claim this isn't true.

what mess?

You can't just claim that you're little headcanons are fact dude, jesus.

the audience interpretation is just as valid to a story as the author's intent. Arguably audience interpretation is more valid. Stories are not one way media devices.

Nah, "reference" means someone was making a reference. You can't have it both ways. At best what you're talking about would be unintentional self-defeating implications. Also they explicitly expressed an appreciation for wholesome 1950s suburban America and disgust with transsexuals and gays. You keep focusing on their extremism while ignoring what they're actually being extremist about. You can be extremist about anything. Just the fact you take extreme actions doesn't tell you anything about what your views are, aside from ruling out pacifism, and also libertarianism in the event you take extreme actions without it being in response to a violation of non-aggression principle.

It doesn't make any of your stupid ramblings are true, retard

It literally does and it makes them more valid than the retards on here trying to say >muh hamberders

>Nah, "reference" means someone was making a reference. You can't have it both ways.
No it doesn't. You can have references and symbolic speech without authorial intent.

>It literally does and it makes them more valid
No, it really really doesn't.

Do you honestly believe they are conservative and not liberal?

Yes because they're based on bad guys and the liberals are the bad guys and the conservatives are the good guys. Simple as that.

Must be nice to have the morality and critical thinking skills of an actual child.

Must suck being a brainlet like you who is unable to interact with media and must be spoonfed by the author.

Mate, Grant Morrison created the Bureau of Normacy. Please, tell me with a straight face that you think Grant Morrison is a conservative man.

You're literally claiming that you know better then everyone else including the creators of the work.
You're just insane dude

the best part is that I bet he also complains about post-modernism ruining the west

Alan Moore is a fucking anarchist and yet Rorschach was 100% in the right in Watchmen and V was literally the fucking villain of V for Vendetta.
The Author is fucking dead.

The author is dead. What they think is irrelevant

Hey guess what, so does what you think since you're a literal who sprouting a bunch of obvious bullshit online!

>the character that agrees with me was 100% in the right
no one in Watchmen is right

what I am pointing out is that you are a literal retard if you are looking to the author and begging for guidance

Just stop responding, the guy is trolling at best and actually legit insane at worst. Either way it's not worth engaging him any further.

Name one way Rorschach wasn't right

The word you want is "implication" (as in unintended implication) not "reference," if you're talking about something the writer doesn't believe and didn't do. Reference implies intent e.g. "That Kill Bill scene was a reference to Bruce Lee's Game of Death."

No, that was a homage

It's both.

But without them, how could we have him be un-JUST?

either way, it doesn't require author intent

No, both homage and reference would mean intent.

Then explain the film Starship troopers which is about 9/11 and the war on terror, but came out in 1997

He was judge jury and executioner.

Retroactive meaning and relevance. If you claimed Starship Troopers was a reference to September 11th you would sound retarded.

Grant may have said whatever. But this show and all good modern media is about conservatives being the good guy and libtards being the evil ones. It's something we all can relate to as it is the same in reality.

Why every weekly thread has to end like this

You've literally been brainwashed to believe Good = us and Bad = them.
How actually sad

Attached: 1533748989036.gif (267x200, 729K)

You're allowed to both be conservative and still recognize when conservatives are depicted as evil.

And?

>sand people do a terrorist attack that starts a war with heavy undertones that the attack was an inside job by the government

cause some fag has to start >liberals good republicans bad shit at some point in the tread

So going in the extreme and declaring the opposite true is a good idea?

That has nothing to do with the fact "reference" would be the wrong word to use. Is English not your first language? That might be your problem. As a native English speaker I can tell you for sure that you would come across as confused and weird at best if you tried to tell people Starship Troopers was a reference to September 11th. Having relevance to a future event doesn't make something a reference.

>
>So going in the extreme and declaring the opposite true is a good idea?
Exactly what they want. They want us to kneel and say that degeneracy and liberalism is "okay" in order to enjoy their show. It's how all liberals work to be honest. Kneel or die.

There wouldn't be an argument started if liberal fags kept politics out of the doom patrol threads

How do you even enjoy this show when Larry is a thing? Or do you think you're suppose to hate him or something

No you fucking retard, think can be references to other things without needing the author to intentionally make the reference.

Well the fact he is the worst character and also the deus ex bullshit most of the time doesn't hurt. But he hates that he's gay at least. That's a good start. He should be ashamed. It's a choice and the wrong one too. He ruined his entire family for some degeneracy.

>someone said something a few hours ago that everyone moved on from
>better go full baby triggered mode and whine about
Grow up and have sex

You should take some ESL classes before posting here again. I don't think you're a bad person, but you're really annoying to exchange posts with because you don't understand the basics of how the language you're trying to navigate here gets used.

So are you just completely ignoring his character arc and growth then...? Do you even watch this show?

>better go full baby triggered mode and whine about
>Grow up and have sex
amazing how tumblr fags don't have any good arguments and have to try to say the only validity in anyone's life is to put their dick in a vagina

I'm pretty sure he's foreign and doesn't know how to communicate clearly. I'm abandoning thread now since it's only going to continue with him getting more confused and angry over others not getting his garbled posts.

>I'm pretty sure he's foreign and doesn't know how to communicate clearly.
Even if that's true he's still saying a bunch of obvious stupid shit, but yeah I just think he's trolling personally and doing a very piss poor job. Thread was fun before the end though, see you all next weel

You fucking retard, I am an American and english is my first language. You are just too much of a fucking retard to understand that the second a story is put to page authorial intent is fucking worthless and it is possible to write unintentional symbolism

Just because you like to self insert doesn't change the facts you God damn degenerate libtard. This is why these threads are ruined all the time. It's you fucking sjw libtards coming in here telling me how to feel. Fuck you you degenerate.

What does any of what you just said have to do with Larry's obvious and very clearly spelled out character arc/growth?

What I'm saying is there is no arc there. You're making shit up. His whole arc is realizing that being a fag is wrong and ruins everyone's life. A good moral in these trying times.

>What I'm saying is there is no arc there. You're making shit up. His whole arc is realizing that being a fag is wrong and ruins everyone's life.
For your sake, I hope you're just trolling. But yeah, talking to you is pointless I see. Have a nice night, user. Don't forget your meds

Attached: 1540235432474.gif (500x375, 393K)

He was homeless virgin serial killer who's philosophy makes no sense and is completely impractical in reality, and was willing start World War 3 because he lying is bad.

>homeless
explicitly had a home, that's how the single mom sold him the fuck out
>virgin
he was asexual you fucking bigot.
>serial killer
The only people that are shown to be killed by him on page were the pedo rapist murderer and the people in the prison he killed in self defense.
>who's philosophy makes no sense and is completely impractical in reality, and was willing start World War 3 because he lying is bad.
Adrien killed tens of fucking millions and was going to get away with it. Rorschach was the only one to stick to his morals and do the right thing.

>general sound like an idiot
The general was the smartest guy there and was the one who knew what the fuck was going to go down when the butts got out

WHY IS PENNY SO GOSH DARN CUTE
youtu.be/uL1SZsuL-Vo

Attached: 65456778.png (625x442, 300K)

He loved Dan too much that he didn't see when Dan chose the ho over the bro.

It's the one thing Snyder did that sat well with me, was that he had Dan witness Rorschach getting killed and get emotionally devastated enough to beat the shit out of Adrian instead of plowing Laurie while it happened and then forgetting about him.

Fuck I want more episode damn it.

I need that Doom Patrol merch

Rita is team mom, she's protective of everyone and tries to help them when they're troubled.

She's becoming the heart of the team, which is why it's going to be emotionally devastating when Nobody rips it out.

Flex is going to fuck up Mr. Nobody

Attached: 3BA76DB0-709F-43E1-8583-BE1479A434B9.jpg (800x450, 21K)

youtube.com/watch?v=h0p7T0Pc68M

Brendan is too pure for this world

He sounds so sad and meek.

*Space Station 13 flashbacks intensifies*
THE BUTTS ARE LOOSE
THE BUTTS ARE BUTTS
BUTT BUTTS ARE BUTTS
BUTT BUTT BUTT BUTT

>I have a horse
>*smiles*

Attached: 1516102851654.jpg (400x388, 38K)

After his career nosedived the way it did, we shouldn't be surprised.

How faithful are the characters in the show to the comics?

I'm reading through Morrison's run right now, and they're all slightly edgier in the adaption. I haven't read through everything yet, so I might be messing some of these up.

>Cliff
Slightly different origin story. His character seems to be the closest in looks, personality and abilities though.

>Crazy Jane
Seems a bit more hostile than her comic book counterpart. Abilities seems to be same. Her personalities seems to be portrayed a bit differently visually speaking. Her "base" appearance is also a bit different. She's more like some alt/goth chick in the comics. Also a bit skinnier.

>Negative Man
Hermaphrodite in the comics. The entity fused it, Larry, and his female doctor together. The entity is also very visually different. They're also more in control of their powers in the comics, but I guess the show counterpart will catch up later on in the season. I think the show draws inspiration from an earlier incarnation of the character.

>Rita
Haven't read anything but Morrison's run so far, so I can't really comment. Some other user can probably fill you in.

>Chief
Seems slightly less scheming I guess.

>Mr. Nobody
Visual difference. He seems less antagonistic and sadistic in the comics so far.

Will Magnus could possibly still be introduced at some stage.

They actually wanted to use Kipling, but got blocked, so they reverted to copying Constantine again.

Rita never had problems with melting, and stretching wasn't really part of her standard repertoire until later. for a long time she mostly just become really big

>[Crazy Jane] Seems a bit more hostile than her comic book counterpart
This irks me more than I'd like.

All three of them walk into a bar...
What happens?

>Hermaphrodite
>Negetive Man
>Man
That was Rebis, not negative man

Who is Rebis anyway?
Its been like 3 years since I last read DP and even then I’m still confused. Can I get a quick rundown?

Rebis is the negative spirit fused with Larry and his doctor. It has more of the spirit's personality if anything because it's a stoic, quizzical thing but has the genitalia of both of its hosts.

Can you also remind me what a Negative Spirit is?

The negative spirit is larry's power. It's an entity (from space? could be wrong) that fused with him in an accident. It can leave his body and has energy powers. However, it can't leave him for more than a minute or he dies.

Thanks user.
I can’t believe I forgot all about NM. Did he and DP show up in anything new in DC?

Oh, for God's sake. It's the Negative Man incarnation in Morrison's run. The distinction wasn't really necessary to convey the differences to the user asking.

Yeah, it seems kinda unnecessary. I honestly can't tell if it's base Jane or Hammerhead most of the time.

He was in Gerard Way's Doom Patrol. Some people like it, myself included, but others don't. That run also had Robotman, Jane, Flex, Danny, and brief appearances of The Chief and Rita. Mr Nobody also came back. There's a bunch of new members but I'm not sure who counts as a member.
Casey - Definitely a member. A construct of Danny
Black kid I forget the name of and his family - magic powers
Terry None - Daughter of Mr Nobody
Lotion - An anthro cat
They're coming back soon in a sequel to that run.

they had a run in Young Animal that was pretty good

>has the genitalia of both of its hosts.
How did they make that information relevant in the comics? Also why

It was relevant to show how Rebis was kind of weird and alien but also to show that it wasn't a freak, likely mirroring Grant's opinions on transgender/hemaphrodite people.

How can anyone watch this shit? Pure sjw-garbage, typical cw drama, but you faggots eat everything those kikes throw at you... pathetic

Attached: 15545603896790.png (1211x901, 1.08M)

>mfw this thread has been up for two days
/dmg/ doom patrol general when?

Well, uh... Diversity

>Pure sjw-garbage
No.

>Typical cw drama
Closer to the truth than most of Yea Forums is willing to admit.

>But you faggots eat everything those kikes throw at you
Yes.

Just so you know the comics can apply that narrative since oddballs canonically their thing.

>the comics
sorry user, but I don't read comics

Attached: vlcsnap-2019-05-04-19h04m11s023.jpg (1920x1090, 137K)

Shekel for you.

It had sex with itself and became an egg.

the state of Yea Forums

I've only read the first arch of morrison. Cliff is pretty much identical to the comics

Hey guys I just started watching Titans. It's not bad but Doom Patrol is so much better. However I got to the episode where they first showed the Doom Patrol and like I'm wondering... Is this supposed to be a different universe? Or is the Cheif like just kinda a different character? I mean I know he's a different actor, but he's more overtly bad. I know there's the whole is he really good in the Doom patrol series, but in Titans he was just outright bad. So what I'm asking is how are the Titans and the regul show related? Different universe? Before Doom Patrol series is set? What's the deal?

Attached: 2ju8wubwgtv21.jpg (552x767, 54K)

different universe. DC decided to make all their new shows independent of one another. the only ones in the same universe are Flash, Arrow, and Legends of Tomorrow

Titans and Doom Patrol don't occupy the same continuity.

Cool I thought as much. It was just odd cuz it was all the same actors except for the chief. It kinda threw me off. Cliff was still a cinnamon bun and even Rita was the same.

> "fuck off virgin"
> "there's more to life than sex"
Exactly what a virgin would say. Kill yourself, you'll die alone anyways.

I think the NS can leave Rebis for more than a minute.

>I honestly can't tell if it's base Jane or Hammerhead most of the time.
look for the tattoo on the tits

>Exactly what a virgin would say. Kill yourself, you'll die alone anyways.
roastie getting toastie. What is it like knowing your entire existence is based on your vagina and no one gives a shit about the rest of you?

Nanomachines son?

>DC decided to make all their new shows independent of one another
that's stupid. why would they do that? dc streaming service is a perfect opportunity for crossovers etc.

Attached: dc 1553906737062.jpg (2048x1536, 436K)

It's good weird, it rarely feels memey.

The flashback you get of Mr Nobody fucking shit up probably sums the style of the series up best. It's weird, slightly funny and slightly disturbing.

>Well this is fucking derivati...
>"We get it you've seen Resivour Dogs"

This is the kinda shit that makes this the best show I've seen in years.

Also, Ace of Base were my childhood.

The Doom Patrol are all weird people with powers that are inherently anti-social or make them shunned. Timothy Dalton is the chief who helped all of them and gave them a safe place to live.

Timothy Dalton is kidnapped by Mr Nobody, an ultra powerful being with the power to warp reality, which he uses to mindbreak people in darkly humorous ways.

Doom Patrol generally deal with very weird villains and surreal situations, all whilst barely keeping their sanity in check.

Cyborg is allegedly going to make the move to Titans though.

Do we have any idea about the style and tone of StarGirl yet?

I know very little about the series but the promo stuff so far seems to hint it's going to be a lot lighter than the other three live action shows.

I'm a newfag but does robotman have any powers besides in impenetrable brawler?

No, he's a brain in a robot.
The robot is really tough.
That's it.

I think it's for budget and story purposes. I think we'll see her proper powers once we get the story behind the baby. suicide and her issues surrounding amputation.

>this 'oh shit' moment

Love the tonal whiplash of this scene alongside the butts.

Attached: Doom.Patrol.S01E12.Cyborg.Patrol.1080p.DCU.WEB-DL.AAC2.0.H264-NTb.mkv - 00000.png (1920x1080, 1.23M)

>the style and tone of StarGirl yet?
she's hot af

Attached: b46vs45sq5p21.jpg (1200x1526, 238K)

Because the character is based on Morrison's interest in crazy magical shit and literally cross dressing.
Come on, you know Uncle Grant's ride is wild.

now in reaction image dimensions!

Attached: 1557001251654.png (819x833, 817K)

>asks about faithfulness
>only compares it to one run
Fuck off

Nice change from Arrowverse's stick figures and frumpy clothing.

Read the book Catch-22 or watch the movie. The scenes with that hamburger-eating general is that same sort of humor.

I thought it was a joke about him, too.

From the description sounds like it's going to be Silver Age heroes dealing with their kids

The show is very obviously relying on Morrison's run in particular.

But hey, if you wanna give him the deetz about every characterization from every single run, then be my guest.