Detective Pikachu

>71%
>All it has going for it are the visuals
If even this is struggling, can't wait for Sonic to blind people, visual improvements or no.

Attached: Pokémon Detective Pikachu.png (764x312, 214K)

Other urls found in this thread:

rottentomatoes.com/m/pokemon_the_first_movie_mewtwo_vs_mew
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Dude, it’s Pokemon.

Yeah this, it'll get carried by the name alone.

I’m not really surprised. It seemed to be mostly banking off of “look! It’s Pokémon!” And “funny Ryan Reynolds is a Pikachu!”
70% isn’t bad though, I don’t know why people act like this.

>71% is bad
That’s perfectly fine. What, did you expect 99 or 100%? It’s not a movie made by the mouse and it isn’t trying to be deep, so of course there’s people who rated it lower.
It’s still going to be fun.

You know all the people giving it bad reviews are old people who don't even know which pokemon is which right?

They should've made a movie about a pale of water.

Yet Marvel is able to consistently get good reviews despite the movies being about superheros that old people cant tell apart.

A shit story is a shit story. Doesn't matter what the context of the property is.

Most old people would have at least a rudimentary knowledge of Pokemon just on the basis of how fucking huge it was from 1998-2002.

70% is perfectly line, so long as it wasn't a rotten, people are going to be down for this movie.

>It’s not a movie made by the mouse so of course there’s people who rated it lower.

Do you kids not watch ANYTHING besides blockbusters?

Those superheroes have been around since the 60s

Compared to other video game movies this is incredible. Reminder that the best video game movie before this Mortal Kombat has a 46%

>Yet Marvel is able to consistently get good reviews despite the movies being about superheros that old people cant tell apart
Because it’s done by Disney, so of course critics will give it only fresh reviews. If disney bought nintendo or level 5 and this movie (as it is right now) released, it would get a 90% at minimum.

Based waterposter.

Attached: 1525623359151.jpg (851x831, 65K)

I wouldn't be so sure about it

Attached: 1556852499164.jpg (1057x528, 171K)

What the fuck does that have to do with anything

It’s going to lower as the release date approaches

Ok? Doesn't mean people know about them. It's literally why fucking origin story movies exist.

>B-But Disney!

Why did the last couple Pirates movies get blasted then? Stop being a child and accept the shitty movies you like are garbage.

The Fatal Frame movie from a few years ago is a decent movie on its own merits.

Attached: Gekijōban_Zero_poster.jpg (265x374, 29K)

He's saying there are a plethora of films not made by Disney that get good reviews but since you children only watch shit with CG cartoons and explosions, those are the only movies you care about.

I mean, it's exspected to get middling reviews. All everyone ever talked about in regards to this movie was about the hyper-realistic Pokemon and Ryan Reynalds, and not about any of the other characters or the actual story in the movie.

Wow, Detective Pikachu's plot is shit, who'd a guess that visuals were the only thing people were interested in seeing this for.

But seriously, looking through the threads about the movie, the only reason people are interested in the movie is for the live-action pokemon bits so as long as they have plenty of those it'll do well at the box office.
Sonic, unfortunately for it, doesn't have that same eyecandy/novelty going for it which is why it won't do well.

This isn't Yea Forums.

Attached: dense.jpg (243x200, 22K)

You’ee such a nerd

If this was captain marvel you niggers would be screaming "paid reviews" and you know it

Projecting much?

Mmm, no, I don’t think so.

Attached: 1556849259682.png (504x622, 35K)

>if you're a boomer this movie isn't for you
So it's actually good then

>the only reason people are interested in the movie is for the live-action pokemon bits
This. Just show me more pokemon and throw in a few humorous moments and it will be far better than I ever imagined when it was first announced.

I'm not going to a live-action Pokemon movie because the story or writing or acting is good.

I'm going because it's a live-action Pokemon movie.

Attached: EjJLRHP.jpg (554x554, 19K)

Can you imagine the smell of this on opening day

Attached: 1447615384948.jpg (2322x4128, 2.01M)

Fucking boomers they’ve been waiting for this since the first movie rottentomatoes.com/m/pokemon_the_first_movie_mewtwo_vs_mew

Now I know we like to toss around "they're not the target audience" for stuff a bunch, but these guys literally are not the target audience for this movie. I don't know why i'm laughing about this so much.

Is this gonna be Aquaman 2.0 where the visual effects and dumb plot carry the audience?

The plot is super easy to follow since it's based on the game version with minor changes. If anything it's because people who don't follow Pokemon past gen 1 or play Pokemon Go understand the anything.