Why didn't they just make the gauntlet small so Thanos couldn't wear it and thus didn't have a conduit to do a snap?

Why didn't they just make the gauntlet small so Thanos couldn't wear it and thus didn't have a conduit to do a snap?

Attached: 1525517346192.png (800x800, 904K)

Nanotech, allowing it to change shape according to the user.

Because Hulk had to use it

Yeah, but like, just put in a "No Thanos allowed" code
It can get small again.

why make a gauntlet at all? why not find a way that doesn't risk people's lives?

The stones don't do anything without a person to wield them, and any other way to hold all six at the same time would just present the same issues as a gauntlet, but with more risk of dropping it.

Why would they code in a measure for a dead guy?

I hope they do a Marvel Legends replica of this like they did with the Infinity War one.

>spoilering the text but not the image with one of the biggest spoilers
Anyway. One really cool thing I liked about the IM Gauntlet was that it showed off Earth’s defense and heroes. Like, we didn’t need a giant magic space dwarf to make a Gauntlet. Tiny touch that further bridged cosmic MCU and Earth MCU. Neat.

I think actually, the point of the Gauntlet is not just to harness the stones, but to protect the user from their feedback. If you notice, Thanos is unharmed by the first snap, but the gauntlet is all fucked up. The second snap, when the gauntlet is all burnt out, does hurt him.

The stones always risk the weilders life, they have "recoil", remember GOTG? that's how they nerf them for the MCU, you can only do godlike shit with them if the body can endure it, and with it comes also the fact that the bigger the miracle, the stronger the recoil

To be fair, they took the empty gauntlet from Thanos in the movie prologue, it's possible the humans can only manufacture their own one because the reverse engeneer the dwarf gauntlet

They just went through time

Did they really have to be in the exact same order they were in on the original gauntlet? Feels lazy.

And as far as everyone was concerned, the same people that left sans Nat came back. Nobody would have thought that Nebula was her past, evil alternate timeline version and would open a doorway for an entire armada, including past alternate timeline Thanos, to go through.

Lazy would be just slapping them in wherever because who cares. Visual consistency is important.

Why not turn them into anal beads?

Does that mean you could wear it as underwear and substitute an ass clap for a snap?

NANOMACHINES SON

The Iron Gauntlet is objectively inferior to Etri's gauntlet, though. Putting it in really hurt Thanos when compared with when he completed the gauntlet in Infinity War. Also, the Infinity Gauntlet allowed Thanos to use the individual stone powers at will, as demonstrated during the fight on Titan, something I don't think the Iron Gauntlet could do.

>Turn gauntlet into nano dust
>Sling ring stones into other dimensions.
>Let Carol & Wanda deal with Thanos

It never felt like Tony had to die at all. If heroes had been overwhelmed Thanos' army I could understand the high stake.But despite of the big scale of the battle, they never showed us Avengers were losing.

yes but only America's Ass could do it

Why didn't Tony just use his Iron Man magic and made the glove fly back to him (or fly away from Thanos) during the battle?

I don't understand how Nebula even opened a gateway for an entire army when the time travel only works for people who have pym particles, suits, a GPS, etc.

>no no no
Id fund it with gay Bulgarians and a burley Romanian papa bear as thanos.

Its entirely possible that they weren't able to revert the stones back to their previous cube-goo-etc forms and some poor SHIELD agent found a broken Tesseract

That also means Cap gave Jane a Reality Stone enema

Did you miss the scene where they took those things from current Nebula?

Yeah, they took one suit and enough Pym particles for a single person to make the jump back.

I immediately came up with a solution and I'm nowhere near as clever as Cap.

Return the time stone first, ask the Ancient One for a little help restoring the items

Why do they insist on snapping to even use the stones? The snap was supposed to just be a metaphor for how easily he can wipe out the universe. Not an activation to use the damn stones. It made it super awkward when he was fighting, and Cpt Marvel just had to block his fingers....

Yet he could still punch with the power stone. It's just weird.

They weren't planning for Thanos, he was dead.

The same reason that this is the one glove Tony has that doesn't fly around on its own.

There's a scene where evil 2014 Nebula hands a vial of Pym particles to Thanos. The Directors said that this allowed Thanos and Ebony Maw to reverse-engineer the particles, because they have advanced space-level tech.

That's pretty good. Give this guy a No-Prize.

Try snapping with your spincter.

>It made it super awkward when he was fighting, and Cpt Marvel just had to block his fingers....
Even previous uses of the stones were shown to require closing his fist, so Carol blocking his fingers still works.

nice retcon guys, a fully CGI scene no less
>thanos gets all the stones and nearly dies to thor
>stylishly snaps the population in half and disappears into a portal of space and time fuckery
>everyone misinterprets "da snap" and they have to make that a fucking key element in the next movie
did the retarded fanbase ruin this movie?

A lack of hand holding isn't a retcon, user.

That's the only way to use them to that extent.

I guess it doesn't have to be a glove, but you need a device to link all the stones and control their power in unison.

And using that device will mess you up.

They were losing in as far as Thanos kept getting dangerously close to getting the glove, and if not for Tony's quick switch would have snapped again.

Then Tony either uses the stones himself, or Thanos rushes him and takes them back as he'd already beaten him up badly and Thor and Carol were down.

One thing I didn't understand is if using all the stones is so damaging then why not use the stones to heal yourself or not be fried to begin with? Or do what the guardians did and just daisy chain the payload?

asking the real questions

Attached: b77.jpg (788x656, 25K)

Should have fixed Vision and then make him do it.

Why didn't they have the half-celestial Starlord use it instead of killing Tony?

>Need a specially crafted item using the literal power of a star to make just to house the stones
>LOL just make one in my garage!

Attached: 1511301041321.jpg (320x240, 10K)

Yeah, they had so much time to coordinate and plan out what they were going to do in the 0.3 seconds before Thanos' ship fired on the Avengers building.

IN A CAVE
WITH A BOX OF SCRAPS

also the Iron Gauntlet is shown to be objectively worse than the Infinity Gauntlet

Cap never met the Ancient One.

But he'd need to to give the Time Stone back

They didn't know who was going to really use it still so it had to be able to adapt. They didn't build in an anti-Thanos tamper because he was fucking dead and the last thing they ever thought would happen is their friend Nebula's brain would cross wifi streams and broadcast their whole plan to Thanos so he could manufacture pym particles with Ebony Maw and come to the present.

How come the Loki Staff was able to use the Mind Stone without fucking people up?

I don’t think it’s mention anywhere that the Gauntlet is made with the same method as Stormbreaker.

The shell put over it was made to regulate and control the output so "anyone" could use the staff. Literally made so he could give it to a lackey and not have them blow themselves up. The code in the shell is what Tony used to make Ultron.

>nobody told cap about Ancient One, so, he went looking for Strange, the surgeon, and gave him time stone.

Why didn't Hulk just eat them

Why didn't they make the gauntlet test for human DNA before it could be used?

Aside from them going to the same forge Mjölner and the gauntlet were created at so they could forge Stormbreaker?

the Russos said in a qna they did that Thanos' scientists replicated the particles
I wish I was making this up

why didnt they ask the eagles to fly them to the mt hurrdurr

>Thanos' scientists
Ebony Maw specifically

Attached: opqk6ahvit811.jpg (1920x1011, 252K)

>>LOL just make one in my garage!
IN A CAVE

BOX of SCRAPS
Vision was not mentioned by anyone until Wanda at the end, I have to assume he's big dead

Hrrrgh Tony, I'm trying to save the universe but I'm dummy thick and the clap of my ass cheeks keeps snapping half the population.

Attached: 57488375_1093561170834605_6030927058451062759_n.jpg (1080x1080, 91K)

As opposed to....them having no answer?

You do realize Thanos and Maw created the protective shell around the mind stone for Loki's scepter which contained the skeleton for Ultron's AI right?

Was Thanos the only survivor of his entire species? When they killed him they should have taken DNA samples to analyze.

I mean, it's pretty umbelievable that in the vastness of the universe only a mere Earthling would be able to invent time travel. And as a side effect of getting really tiny at that.

it's been readily established multiple times that earthly creations can stand up to celestial powers
that's kind of the point of the marvel universe

Why didn't Tony put a self-guiding rocket on it, like he did with his suit in Iron Man 3?

honestly though a simple DNA match thing so that only the Avengers can control it would have been enough.

2014 Thanos coming out of the past was so far out of left field they never even considered it a possibility not that they had a reason to in the first place. They planned on disassembling the gauntlet and returning the stones soon enough anyway

Well yeah, he's Iron Man. All he does is build impossible things.

yeah but even outside of Thanos, anybody could put the gauntlet on with ill intentions.

Tony could have built another army of suits to hrlp in the fight against Thanos to be honest. Plus, he spent quite some time in space, but in the following 5 years he didn't build any spaceships of his own. What a shame.

Even worse, now the tech genius who will give the Avengers new toys and equipment will be that annoying Shuri.

Why not make it a virgin killing sweater?

Starlord lost his powers when Ego died

What? Capt was specifically told where and when they took the stones, otherwise they wouldn't be able to return them at all. Use your goddamn head for once.

even if it wouldn't happen, this would be funny at least

but then nebula couldn't use it

How is that unbelievable? They literally have all the time in the world to backwards engineer the particles and the recall device, then activate the device to return to the same point.

Eh, I can fap to sticc inventor.

Why would they? In the event that some asshole comes sliding back in to the future because their blue murderbot has wifi that they share with their past self? Or that some other asshole finds out that they have time travel that they never revealed to anyone outside of their group of 8?

I don't think the Stones would permit that.
It has to have a price.

>shuri

nah it's going to be reed richards

imagine being this delusional

Attached: Mittens pondering.jpg (800x600, 164K)

Before destroying the stones, original timeline Thanos used them to make the writers dumber.

At the time they Didnt know other Thanos knew Abou them.

that only works on stuff he has nanomachines connected to his blood in

Star lord isn’t allowed to have any good parts in the movie because Chris Pratt is not on the approved list.

Oh I hope so

Okey, that have sense but how they did knew to which exact time to go

Why do you have to snap at all? Why is a physical gesture needed, why can't these magic rocks that are the foundation of the entire universe just read your thoughts or your spirit or whatever

They just used Nebula's return time then she dragged them from the past.

How would Hulk then wear it?

because it looks cool

Because it had the staff to control it. Like Ronan using his hammer, or Strange having the eye.

And it was just one stone. Not all of them.

It was really cool how they replicated the particles but never used them in the final fight
Cool goys.

or Vision or Red Skull or that engine from Captain Marvel

why not hook them all up to some super stark computer and just use that?

So they have the tech to reverse-engineer Pym Particles but not the time GPS such that they couldn't just show up pre-un-snap? Wack.

You're saying integrate the stones into a Stark machine that is connected to a Stark AI? How many superbots can one man make?

Red Skull got fucked up by trying to use the Tesseract with just his hand. And Vision is a robot.

I'm actually laughing like a madman

Attached: (you).png (353x278, 108K)

No point when they had no reason to believe 2014 Thanos would figure out their plan ahead of time

Real question is who the fuck thought Nebulas memory file being on a google drive account and getting synced to the cloud despite 2023 Nebula being on a planet without open wi-fi was a reasonable idea in the first place. Fuck me that detail bothered me.

Attached: AsianPupper.png (685x1024, 854K)

No I'm saying make a console like they did for the time travel but use it to harness the power of all the stones

The whole setup for any conflict in the film is artifice, my man
"Oh yeah Nebula's memory hits other Nebula even though this has never been foreshadowed, hinted at, etc. and we sent Nebula to a place in time where her definitely evil-and-working-for-Thanos-self could intercept her, ahaha we are geniuses."

Yes but before that when he was using it to power the weapons everything was fine

You don't have to snap your fingers to use them all at once though, you just have to will it to be so. The snap was just flair Thanos put on it. Others repeat it because they either aren't as aware of how the stones work (Hulk), or they want to undo his work with the same flair (Tony).

>create most dangerous weapon in history of existence
>not put in any sort of safety in case some evil piece of shit gets it

Yeah, but the whole thing is just so contrived it almost took me out of the movie. Was that literally the best idea they had in order to have 2014 Thanos notice something was up?

I'm glad movies are written by someone who thinks two steps ahead. Because what sounds like a better plan;

We'll travel to the unknown future and hopefully show up at exactly the right time and place that all the stones are at.

or

Once they collect all the stones, signal us and we'll make a surprise attack because with the stones, literally nothing that came before matters with the realization that Thanos has to restart the universe in his own way

Why did Dr. Strange only use the time stone to look into the future AFTER they went to to Titan and were already locked into a specific course of action, ie coming at Thanos on his home planet?

The glove is a harness for the stones. In IW, they prevent thanos from using the stones by preventing him from making a fist. By this we can extrapolate that the glove has mechanical workings. The snap is not flair, it’s a movement of the hand that is 100% necessary. Ur wrong and also u r retard.

Because he didn't think of it. The real question is why didn't he use the time stone to go back and tell himself to use the time stone to look forward and see himself using the time stone so he can see that he has to give up the time stone for reality to be safe.

I really hope someone got fired for that blunder

Who headlines the MCU now that Tony is dead, Rogers is grampa Simpson and Thor has fucked off to space?

Attached: AndreLookingAtShit.jpg (562x530, 69K)

That's the kind of provocation that makes people do these dark things.

Spiderman Black Panther Doctor Strange and Captain Marvel

probably the third most popular superhero in the world, I imagine

it's probably a focused action to concentrate and not mechanical workings since tony managed

I think you're reaching; Thanos did take the particles but they never showed or hinted about reverse engineering it. Sp I'm assuming they used only the particles they got from Nebula since that's what the audience saw, I'm surprised it was enough to transport the fleet.

it's Pym Particles, I ain't gotta explain shit

Carol will just fuck off to space as usual, so Strange and T'Challa I guess?

It was retarded as fuck. How dumb were they to not realize this could happen?

>I think you're reaching
Quoting the Russo's

>how could these people who had literally never time travelled before anticipate some weird time travel bullshit with space wi-fi

It requires a Human soul to use all the six gems. This is also the reason why Ultron could not use the mind gem. Vision was merely borrowing the power

Best explanation yet

Attached: 80d4fbfdd82a7dd1a0d56091418ebdf5960071396603889e25d74ecda17a2c75.gif (230x268, 1.22M)

nah after his snap in IW his arm was pretty burned up

Attached: Avengers-infinity-War-Broken-Infinity-Gauntlet.jpg (1400x700, 95K)

The dwarven made gauntlet can channel individual stones. Tony's toyetic version can only channel all six at the same time, which is why Thanos had to take out the power stone to btfo Marvel instead of simply activating it in the gauntlet.

Not to mention it probably shields the user much better.

Ultron did use the mind stone, he controlled the Asian doctors mind

I like this explanation

He used the Spear, which is just a conduit.

What about that watch he had in the first Avengers

>which is why Thanos had to take out the power stone to btfo Marvel instead of simply activating it in the gauntlet.
she was keeping him from making a fist, ya dunce

Is this concept art?

Doesn't look anything like it did in the movie.

I really would like a nice replica of the Iron Infinity Gauntlet.

She was keeping him from making the Snap. You can still make a fist even if you can't make a snap.

To prevent a snap that uses all six stones. I'm talking about using a single stone individually.

What he did against Marvel he never had to do in IW, where we see him constantly opening portals, blowing up shit and reverting time to heal wounds without ever taking any stone out of the gauntlet.

he had to close his fist every time to use a stone, that was the whole struggle of the battle on Titan

It's for a toy or something